Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Hm, got around to looking up the Kislev roster. I respect that they went all in on bears, but maybe a bit too much glowy ice? Also no bears with guns. 2/5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Azran posted:

probably a super unpopular comment but is there honestly no NDA for Warhammer 3!?
the amount of content and videos about the game before it's even released has killed my hype.

there are no surprises there is nothing not if 30 videos. if you are totally fine with letting all these YouTubers spoil the game for us just realize the drat thing!

I'm only **** off because it pre-ordered the game if I hadn't I wouldn't buy it since at this point I may as well wait for DLC to see something new.

I mean, in that case I recommend watching the DLCs also on youtube? Cheaper and faster.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Ravenfood posted:

I think so? The area may be a radius a la Black Arks instead of province-wide but that's my understanding. No more "ogres, my lord" and pop-up camps.

Sounds pretty good. I always felt the map could stand to have more things to interact with.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

stackofflapjacks posted:

i wanna smash my tiny army mans together

Same.

I kind of wonder about the dragons. The iron boy's extra magic items seem super neat with the new merging mechanic, but you'll probably have to spend all your time dealing with the chaos incursions without the anti chaos bonus because AI storm girl screws up.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Funky See Funky Do posted:

For him to have reached that many hours he's had to have played for about 14-15 hours every single day for 37 days straight. On top of that there's another 200 hours of idle time. Which means his computer has been running the game for 19 hours a day for 37 days. That's loving nuts.

Are you telling me there are daily patches and five hour load times?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Lt. Lizard posted:

Make barriets regenerate only when you cast spells, IMHO. With the amount of barrier regained based on Wind of Magic cost.

Couldn't you just fiddle with the max barrier number?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

I'm assuming at this point it's too late to get the Ogre Kingdoms for free if I bought it now?

Pretty sure you have a week.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

The quest battles were anyway pretty awkward. I've only seen the Benchmark, but did they ever add something like the skulls to the land area?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Lord Koth posted:

Ah, if it's one of the trade caravan rewards that's somewhat unfortunate. It's not completely useless for Cathay, but it's not incredibly useful either. There's one spell in Lore of Yang (Dragon's Breath) and their artillery (both pieces plus the Sky-Junk), but that's it in terms of fire damage. Though I guess that keeps it somewhat balanced as opposed to having it accessible to one of the factions with extensive access to fire.

Not sure how to reasonably test if it's droppable either, since I've gotten the impression the AI doesn't really use the trade caravans and thus doesn't get those special items. Which leaves testing if your own lord losing with it drops to their opponent. Find a friend and test in a H2H campaign, I guess?

There's also the fire wind spell in yang and the alchemist fire imbue thingy. They have a lot of fire actually.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Well, seems I'm getting out at the circle of Vainglory. I really should have tried to dodge more of the Slanesh stacks. Each of them steal a unit and suddenly I'm out of units. And there's still one more waiting right behind the portal. Working as intended.
Healthy young dragon enters the realm of chaos, doesn't feel good and changes. Everyone fired! Many such cases.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Unless they patched it in the last twelve hours remember not to disband your army leaders ever, it doesn't remove their supply penalty. If you want them gone, send them to die on the front lines instead.

unclear how this interacts with immortality

When I disbanded an army earlier the penalty vanished. Is that a display error?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Gonkish posted:

Cathay's economy is pretty nuts. Once you can have multiple caravans running, get the caravan lords upgraded for cargo capacity and whatnot... you're pulling in 25-30k for a 3k investment 10 turns earlier. That is, of course, assuming the caravan survives... but even if it doesn't, you're out around 3k. Big deal.

You can poo poo money if you focus on caravans. It's almost High Elf levels of strong (though obviously riskier, and certainly not as strong as the Dark Elf economy).

You can send more than one at a time?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Gonkish posted:

Yeah, you can have multiple caravans running at once (I've ever done two at a time, so I'm not sure exactly how many you can chuck into Ogre bellies). The real limiter is a.) whether or not they survive and b.) demand. Too many caravans = not enough payout to be worth the risk. But demand seems to be remarkably high, most of the time.

You can recruit new caravan dudes by clicking the "+" button below where the caravan lord is listed.

Yeah, all of these seem super bugged. Playing as Katarin, I got access to the tech trees from all three cities despite only holding Kislev itself. That's not supposed to be a thing, but it was. Something's fucky under the hood.

?? Maybe there is a tech or item? Are you playing the Iron bro?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Regulus74 posted:

Is anyone else having problems alt-tabbing out of the game? About a quarter of the time that I try to do it, the game just closes completely as though I hit exit to windows.

Yeah, same.

tildes posted:

Yes it is a ui error. Your stuff will still cost more.

Can I replace a dude or does that also still stack up supply lines. I guess I could check, but :effort:

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Broken Cog posted:

This is kinda dumb

Edit: Also, the game is constantly crashing while I'm in a chaos realm.

I'm pretty sure those traits are meant to be debilitating so you have to clear them.

Edit: I'm blind. Disregard.

genericnick fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Feb 20, 2022

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

To be honest I think they should just not bother trying to do gimmicks as a way to win the game, because none of them ever work well with the actual bulk of the gameplay.

Just stick to giving you fun loot and XP.

Nah, if I just wanted to paint a map I'd just play Paradox stuff. They should try, and fail, more.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Blooming Brilliant posted:

There definitely should have been a way to force rifts to open, maybe something like 20,000-30,000 gold to spawn one in your capital, because you're tiddling your thumbs waiting for them when you've already by-in-large won the campaign.

Something like that. Maybe a bit more involved, like having to hunt down one of a few roving chaos bands, scattered around the map? I'm not particularly looking forward to playing the last 100 turns of the campaign as a skip turn simulator.

Also wasn't Meow supposed to get an active skill at the end of her dragon skill line? I don't seem to have a button.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Also, since apparently Denuvo is being a poo poo, would trying to run the Steam version of the game with a cracked .exe be a very bad idea?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Twigand Berries posted:

My preliminary results on testing the Slaanesh realm rewards seems to show it isn't entirely random.

-Save scumming the turn you are about to enter the last portal results in a 50K cash reward and nothing else.

-When N'Kari was only one level behind me so if I took the reward he had a very good chance to gain the soul: It offered me the Sword of Slaanesh and the Sycophant as well which is arguably better than the sword and I think 50K.
-When N'Kari chose to take a reward and disappeared from the realm leaving me alone in there: It offered me 75k, the Sycophant, and a bunch of other items.
-Reloading the end turn save prior to going into the reward will override the save scum penalty above but the rewards really seem to stay based on the dynamics of what your gamble entails as in who else is in there with you. I could test further but these are Nurgle battles I'm having to fight, but my guess is if you wait around to ambush a rival before snagging a reward it means you might just dumpster your reward.

Ah, I could have sworn the circle of vainglory promised to raise everyone's level by 10 before the game crashed and I had to pick it again and got 5.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Talking of Caravans: What happens when you send a caravan to a location you got the unique item for already?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Caidin posted:

My effort to get the Slaanesh prince soul was hosed by a late entry into the realm because Katerina was down with Ague plague for another 5 turns when the bear roared, and now I made it almost to horny palace but only had one turn left so I wasn't gonna make it. So I took the vainglory temptation gate that gives all your lords and heroes +15 levels so I guess it's time use all these new heroes I have to clean some drat house.

lmao I got only 5 levels. Slaanesh :argh:

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Sinteres posted:

I'm not saying everyone's having horrible performance issues, but that's definitely the first time I've seen someone say it runs better than 2.

I think it runs about the same for me? But Warhams 2 didn't crash as often.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

quote:

Total War: WARHAMMER III - Known Issues, Solutions, and Support — Total War Forums] ✔ Solution: Ensure you’re online the first time you run the game. If you are offline before verifying access, you will not be able to play as the Ogres.

Good work there.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Mustang posted:

Like really how the gently caress do you get AI armies out of a settlement in WH 3? Or am I doomed to just fight an army + garrison for literally every battle?

One bait stack and an ambush stack worked like a charm for me.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

The port techs also got a good chuckle out of me.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

hemale in pain posted:

Ranking up lords and agents is just poo poo in general. It's always been hugely tedious after you get a couple of characters and everyone is leveling up every turn.

Need a mod where you level up way less frequently and the only choices on the level up tree are abilities and the +3% stuff just comes with them.

There's an auto button now at least.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Kobal2 posted:

That's... kind of whack. Very whack, in fact.
How does a city being blockaded *gain* supplies ? If anything, cities should start with N supply (500 per growth tier ?) and lose 500 per turn besieged...

Build barricades from the corpses.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Angrymantium posted:

Probably an extremely dumb question, but if you're behind in the souls race (I have one soul as Demon Prince at turn 80, one of the Cathay factions has two and I have no way to get from Kislev to their region quickly) do I just have to park my LL in the Forge of Souls and wait for them to go in? I lost a game at turn 155 yesterday and I want to avoid having to start over again, but I'm not really sure what I can do beyond hoping to luck out on beating the AI to the next round of souls.

Can't you use the rifts to port over and burn everything there to the ground?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

Would that even make a difference? As long as they have their stack it's not going to stop them.

They only have two souls though.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Deketh posted:

Bloody hell, what method does the AI use to level up its lords? My confederated Kostaltyn is basically unusable. I am in dire need of that respec mod.

I just hope they fix the upkeep bug soon, it's kind of a campaign killer if you don't twig to it and suicide all your confederated lords

Just ask good guy Slaanesh for 20 extra levels. Easy fix.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Can you enter the rifts a second time in one cycle?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Doomykins posted:

Peasant Longspears may also pull a bit ahead as they have Expendable and Charge Defense Against All.

Does expendable actually do anything?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

What I dislike most about monstrous artillery units is every single shot seems to cause a extra tier of exhaustion in the unit, rendering their melee stats pretty bad by the time they fire a few shots.

Yeah, never really got what the point of that is. There's already an ammo bar going down.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

There's quite a bit of character in the text, but Warhams voices never did anything for me.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

babypolis posted:

I think its an offshoot of the problem of the normal campaign and the soul race being disconnected from each other, which is a real issue. You really notice it late game when you realize theres actually no benefit in continuing to expand. I dont think giving bonuses for each soul would solve that problem tho

I think it should have been similar to the vortex campaign where you accumulate some resource that you then use in a ritual to get into the chaos realm of your choice, and just do away with the whole roar and rift nonsense. I kinda get what they were going for the rifts but as they stand they are nothing but a huge time sink that actively punishes you for doing what the game wants you to do

I still feel the campaign only needs minor tweaks. Give me a resource that I get from playing the normal map that I can use to open rifts in a region, and also some way to actively sabotage opponents.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Vagabong posted:

You say this and yet your primary enemy in dwarf games has a movement ability that lets them ignore 3d map terrain entirely.

Underway was a mistake

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

orangelex44 posted:

No. It’s one of those things that is commonly asked for but is almost always a detriment to the game if added.

I remember didn't minding it in Age of Wonders an HoMM.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Rabelais D posted:

Warhammer 3 just feels like less than the sum of its parts. On paper it sounds really cool, but it's just not that fun to play.

I might be the outlier in this thread, but I played hams2 less than 1 despite it being a better game and it very much looks like I'm going to play three less than 2. Even if they fix everything it's unlikely to be not enough to rekindle my interest.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

I hear it's time to ham some wars again? Wait, still one hour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Rolled up a game as Belakor after only playing one Cathay campaign at release. Am I the only one who sees the Warhammer 3 logo as a garbage can?
Edit: OK, so far so good. No idea what I'm doing, but there seems to be a new vassal mechanic, which is neat.

genericnick fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Aug 24, 2022