Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
Ground floor. We got five years of sweet updates and content with TWW2, here's to at least five more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

there was a British political cartoon in the d&d uk political cartoons thread like 5-10 years ago where a man (maybe prince Charles) has eaten someone and a horrified witness (don’t remember) is saying “you ate her!” and he replies “not as much as I ‘ate you!!” Anyway I think that’s relevant and wish I could remember who drew it, it’s a very The Ogres joke

Gordon Brown and Tony Blair's wife, but yes! :discourse:

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
I was impressed with Mandalore's review, he was fair in pointing out some of the game's shortcomings.

I didn't hear him use the "Marv getting electrocuted" sound anywhere though, so the whole video must therefore be condemned

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est

DaysBefore posted:

*smugly scoffs at post* I see someone doesn't watch the credits

Woodywoo01 posted:

It appears after the end credits, at 1:09:10.

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
Building on a suggestion from the last thread the thread title should be '"killed-a-bear workshop"

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
I was bummed Kostaltin beat me to 50 supporters but I'm making more than them now. I was disappointed/surprised I couldn't use the "reduce supporters by 50" button if they had less than 50 supporters!

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
I was slow getting around to taking Praag and those ice towers do not gently caress around! Thought I could get away with rushing the walls and I watched several of my units just melt.

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
With Katarina and judicious use of the church buildings, keeping control high and corruption low is a cinch. Also once the rifts open I have agents fan out and close them quickly

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est

Collapsing Farts posted:

Slaanesh was more fun than I thought... but half his roster also seems to suck balls.

Only half?

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est

brakeless posted:

always attack every other LL in Tzeentch's wacky carousel if you get the chance, I have been punked there twice now, first by N'kari and then by Katarina after I didn't destroy them even though I had the chance because we weren't at war :downs:

the first time I was just teleporting around randomly so fair enough, the second time I actively revealed as many sigils as I could and actually found the right portal fairly quickly, too bad that it was on my starting island and I couldn't get back there no matter what I did

Katarina came in two turns after me and got to the end in like three jumps

I'm absolutely livid rn, goddamn birdman bullshit

Just according to keikaku

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
I agree that (non-monstrous) cavalry feels a bit anemic.

People seemed to really like the lethality of properly-used cavalry charges in Three Kingdoms, balanced by the charge reflection of braced spears. Why not implement that in Warhammer?

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est

deep dish peat moss posted:

some of the rewards for leaving slaanesh's realm are absurd, I got a sword that has +500 Armor Piercing Weapon Damage and +20% ward save, among some other beefy stat stacks - the only downside being spreading Slaanesh corruption in the local provence

Also I love how the daemon prince battles to take their souls include your summonable reinforcements as "reinforcements" and allow you to auto-resolve. Counting that huge stack of T5 units in the autoresolve calculation means you can just autoresolve Heroic Victories on those battles every time, which is good because playing Tower Defense in Total War isn't too fun

I was a little surprised you could just autoresolve the big survival battles but as the father of a newborn I don't get to play for very long and I appreciate not being locked into a long fight

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
Campaign would be much improved if you opened a rift with a rite and could enter whenever you are ready (with a cool down between rifts), plus the ability to stop the AI winning like in vortex. Boom, you can play the Ursun race, use rifts to mine around the map or can focus on map painting without worrying about losing the game

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
I am 100% naming my daemon prince Pontus

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
I wouldn't mind if there were only four souls and possessing them conferred strong bonuses. Then if you and/or your allies hold all four souls you can progress to the final battle. If someone else holds a soul you could use the rifts to travel to them and take it off then by defeating them in battle. It would give some incentive to travel using the rifts because as is you need to be hitting a realm of chaos almost every cycle if you want to win

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
Total Waregon Trail

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
Don't forget Chaos Dwarf sorcerers literally turn to stone over time from using magic, so there might be some kind of attrition/life span to them

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
Valkia vs Dechala would be a fun DLC. 'The bloody and the Beauty'

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est

Omnicarus posted:

I'd love a Greenskin unit called the Blokkchainz which is just a grumpgrong whiping big chains around left and right and sowing mayhem

*Ahem*

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est

Dandywalken posted:

hot tamale!

Hachi machi!

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
Seeing a couple more small provinces that look like new magical forests for the Wood Elves: Haunted Forest in Gnoblar country and Jungles of Chi'an in southern Cathay

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
Skarbrand wants skulls, ergo go to the land populated by walking skeletons :smuggo:

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
Remember Andy Hall directly stated "We're never gonna say never because there should always be the opportunity to bring [Ind, Kuresh and Nippon] in or new nations, but you know I've seen the road map and these nations aren't on there now. There's no plans to do them in the immediate or even long-term future."

Don't get your hopes up

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
I hope the AI has gotten better at dealing with corruption, now there are so many different types. So many of my games have whole regions overun with chaos/vampiric corruption while the human occupants take constant attrition

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
Azazael's got me craving CoC right now

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
Horstmann vs Elspeth would also be a good match up, both powerful, dragon-riding mages that could compete for the same McGuffin

Grumio fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Jul 19, 2022

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
Or hear me out, a Tamurkhan campaign that's tightly narrative like the WH3 tutorial :eek:

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
K'datha now has a floating island in it on the IE map. I reckon Zanbaijin will be on that and you need the portals to reach it.

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
AoS's Warcry skirmish game is getting a new warband with human worshippers of Hashut: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/07/20/the-horns-of-hashut-bring-misery-death-and-fiery-destruction-to-the-new-edition-of-warcry/

Wonder if this is a precursor to AoS Chaos Dwarfs tied in with them coming to WH3. These guys don't have big hats but they're certainly embracing the bull aesthetic

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
I also got the impression the initial development and ongoing content are done by different teams, and the 'live' team is the one that has been knocking it out of the park for years with WH2

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est

Aurubin posted:

Shilling for Tamurkhan but I just don't know what is going to be that different between Festus and Ku'gath. Heck what's different between Azazel and N'kari besides size?

Chorfs! My kingdom for hats!

Edit: Well that's what I get for posting before refreshing the new post.

This is an issue more broadly with Chaos characters (especially daemons), they're often so one-dimensional and indistinguishable. They're written as these big scary threats, but with no characterization. At least Valkia stands out from the pack of other Khorne champions

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est

ninjahedgehog posted:

Each general in an army could take 6 regiments, for a total of 18 regiments per stack as well as your 3 heroes. It was a pretty cool system, and your heroes even got combat bonus/malus depending on how much they liked the other heroes in the stack and how long they had served together.

Would work well for a Dogs of War army composed of different mercenary bands and their leaders

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
If you haven't seen Festus' tabletop model, it's very much like that sync kill, just dissolving someone's face off

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est

Third World Reagan posted:

Other bad dwarf idea

Give rangers a scouting speed bonus or strider to nearby dwarfs

There should be a scouting effect like 'eye of the dragon' but instead of just forest spotting it gives a big range boost to spotting stealthed/hidden units. Give it to rangers and other underutilized scout units and make them more useful

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
Give dwarf units surviving after a serious defeat the option to convert to slayers for free

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I dunno how those skinks don't fall off, the way that dinosaur is flailing around. Maybe they're tied to the howdah

Howdah heck do those skinks hold on?

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
IE is a beta release. It will continue to see improvements and changes.

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est

SirPhoebos posted:

I've seen a couple of Tarriff videos joking about Aspiring Champions "upgrading" into Chaos Spawn. I wonder if the intent (which isn't implimented yet due to bugs) is for this to be how you recruit Exalted Heroes - The Chaos Gods pick one of of the Aspiring Champs to become an actual Champion, and the rest are made into Spawn because the gods are dicks.

Because otherwise I don't see when you would ever use that option.

EDIT: On another topic, are the bonus units listed on the LL selection their entire starting army or are those bonus units?

I would love if this was the only way to recruit exhalted heroes. No caps, but you have to level a unit up all the way to aspiring champions then decide whether to keep them or spawn them to gain a hero

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
From what I've heard so far, the voice acting for the Champions of Chaos is really good, especially Azazel and Festus