Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Shuro Chi and the loot cave are probably the places to go for weapon kills now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Dang they really hit it out of the park with those HDR fixes, I can see shadowed areas now!!

https://i.imgur.com/eUxPEdQ.mp4

(xbox one x)

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I only did the first mission which is reportedly the easiest but I facerolled it with stasis and forerunner and whatever smg had an element I needed (swapped between arc and solar depending on enemies).

My mistake was doing it on hunter, I have always hated void hunter and the changes don't make me like it any more.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Forsaken had the problem of "do a story mission then go do 69 billion patrol style missions before getting to the next cutscene." No one wants to get pulled out of their story narrative to mosh with randoms around a public event.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Control Volume posted:

Did they loving bring back loving sparrow racing yet

It's in Grasp of Avarice, and everyone still hates it.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

:thunk: the hive are stronger than we thought

https://i.imgur.com/vexsSQ2.mp4

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

haveblue posted:

Also a jump straight to 1520 armor, which is the real reward

Said armor has the goofiest set names in destiny history. It's probably more twin peaks references but they went over my head.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Mill Village posted:

Ghost has totally had enough of this poo poo at this point.

Him and Zavala are gonna need some therapy.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I'm not sure the last boss fight needed to be three distinct encounters. It felt pretty epic so I'll give them that, but it lasted a bit too long.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Junkenstein posted:

What's this, now?

Behind the forge is another staircase, there's some coins floating you can shoot to test falloff.

Unfortunately they aren't enemies so you can't test aim assist and can't kill them so can't test any kill procs. But it's still a nice addition (not as nice as menagerie but at least it's something).

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

PERMACAV 50 posted:

It’s hard to judge a season in its first weekly reset but the guns are pretty good and the activity is tolerable once you’re adequately leveled.

So far all the guns with element names on them are irredeemable trash. That sidearm Ikora gives you in the story is unusuably bad with a controller, and the fusion isn't much better. The shot pattern feels like a kid scribbling.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The real problem with the strike-ified battlegrounds is they made all the numbers bigger so it takes longer to do a run. I generally liked the original version, they were fairly quick matches with a ton of shooting cabal but now there's a bunch of standing around waiting for drop pods so you can hit the 100% progress and get the next anti-generator greeble.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Mazerunner posted:

that... is how it worked originally

No poo poo?

I'm saying they made it take longer to fill to 100%.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Cheap Trick posted:

That's odd, to me the Battlegrounds felt like they took about the same time to complete as pre-WQ.

Maybe people running strikes are even worse at killing than in the past because I swear it takes longer. There were also a couple points where I was standing around with nothing to shoot waiting for new spawns. When I did battlegrounds last season it felt like it was nonstop murder from zone into completion.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Convert streaks to keying off your K/D ratio so we can have tryhards in strikes raging that you caused a wipe and lowered their gains.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The destiny universe is actually a round in an even bigger and more multi-dimensional Telesto. Everything we've experienced in the game has happened while the shot charges up and when the 7th dimension tech guardian shoots it at an enemy the darkness will finally take over and snuff out all life.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

haveblue posted:

A lot of people use one remote play service or another for basic daily chores or buying a particularly good vendor roll or something

I'll stream destiny to my ipad for this stuff, the latency is just bad enough to make doing anything challenging extremely painful but for patrol zones or inventory cleanup it's fine.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

el B posted:

They nerfed shards a while ago, along with other exotics that return super energy. I think you need at least two kills in order to get a chunk of Super back.

I think it still works in mayhem, but it was somewhere in last season when I tried it last. At that point as long as you got a kill with blade barrage, galnor would give your full super back.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

No wonder the hive is so crabby if that's how high maintenance their worms are. It's like all the worst parts of cats and dogs in a single pet.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Bust Rodd posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UM3BhS7IXNk

Azetecross just posted this really useful video for boss DPS with volatile flow, and I am THRILLED to report that Deathbringer actually out damages Gjallorhorn with Volatile Flow, by like over 100,000 damage. Obviously it requires you to jump through hoops, but Lorentz Driver was also doing a fuckload of damage as well.

Deathbringer requires a boss with no ceiling and a long damage phase because you gotta wait for the orbs to float down.

Templar is kinda unique in that way.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Only thing to keep in mind with the loot cave is the engrams eventually explode and start a massive chain reaction of thrall getting obliterated by the refuse of other thrall. So you can't just unload into the cave, eventually the engrams will steal all your kills.

You kinda gotta hang back behind the hive mace thing and let them spread out and chase you down.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It's more likely they bolted crafting into a game that previously had no concept of crafting so there are a dozen rough edges because the code base is an unmanaged mess so it's going to take them ten years to smooth out all the quirks.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

RBX posted:

Stasis Hunter will be slept on. Everybody is talking doing damage when the thing that will save runs is the damage reduction.

Stasis in general is being slept on.

The new exotic arms are pretty dang awesome. Duskfield is freakin' enormous and the damage reduction stacks with whisper of chains.

Warlocks have a crazy stasis build that might be even better though, built around coldsnaps. Based on youtube videos anyways, I don't have a warlock to have tried it.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I kind of wish they'd code it so that it does a speech check and if you haven't finished [raid] it says "when guardians killed [boss]", and if you have finished [raid] it says "when you killed [boss]." But that would be a ton of extra work, so instead every time Zavala bigs me up I get weird ludonarrative dissonance over having done no such thing.

They've done it many times in the past, strikes that mention big names would get different dialogue based on the stuff you've done. There was also the Drifter vs Vanguard thing a few years ago.

But when it happens it fits in so seamlessly it's hard to tell if it's custom dialog or everyone got the same thing.

Like there's a line in the moon strike listing off the stuff you've killed (omnigul, crota, oryx) that I'm not sure is different for new players. But it would be an obvious place for it.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The engram coloring system is stupid and bad. They should delete greens and blues entirely, and shuffle all engrams down to fill that gap. So greens are just world drop purple engrams, and go up from there.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The worst part of being the new guy on the raid is someone giving a 15 minute explanation of the fight describing a bunch of very important minutiae to a person that has no idea what’s going on. Normalize doing it live, commit to a couple ‘learning wipes’ so the new player can witness the chaos and use it as a teaching experience. The wipes are gonna happen anyways, might as well help build a context for the incoming instructions.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

This game still "runs" on launch xbox one's and ps4's, right? I wonder how miserable that experience is by now.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Ask me about the time when we got to Oryx's last stand and I went full stupid with my super. Turns out I had ward of dawn and all my bros were inside it doing no damage.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Just use main ingredient, superior in every way!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Which is why it's annoying the target discs behind the forge don't trigger AA.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

This game is literally built on stuff flying unnoticed. Bungie flops out an update, brain worms players spend two months playing with the guns to find exploits and eventually it gets nerfed.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Blame aggressive crucible players, it's their fault shotguns have been getting progressively worse as long as the game has existed.

It's probably about at the point where they should redesign the weapon to not be OHK and switch them to kinetic ammo. Or something smarter but equally drastic.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

What happened to that guy anyway

Paid some guardians to extract the brain worms that kept him bound to the game. We should all be so lucky.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

For those games where witherhoard just isn't cutting it don't forget you can swap to jotunn.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Wellspring is what happens when Bungie hits a story out of the park, everyone riding high on the game. Then someone decides they need to balance it out with soul crushing aggravation by making a miserable six man activity that is only tolerable every other day and requires a dozen or more runs to get the stuff you need for quest completion.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Paracelsus posted:

You've got tons of time to finish it, and the exotic glaives aren't that good anyway.

Yeah it's not season content, there's no reason to rush it unless you got a drive to clear out the list of chores. We got years to finish that junk.

Granted while psiops is time gated there's not much to do there either. I guess some of the guns are fun but the three man activity is a one or two runs tops before it's time to go do something else.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It hurts less if you do 1% per week of pulling the bandaid.

And also maybe Bungie will make it less lovely sometime this year.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

"Tryhards" are only rushing forward because the activity is boring and the only way to have any hint of fun is run ahead and shoot stuff as it pops out of a spawn door.

It's a bad activity that's completely unsalvageable, and I hope the interns that created it stay awake at night feeling bad for what they did.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Turra posted:

Also what the gently caress is wrong with you.

Besides playing destiny for 8 years, absolutely nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The only fun part in the attack mode is people getting instantly obliterated by ogre jizz when someone revives them because they didn't jump for cover fast enough.