Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Still very much unconfirmed, but Ukraine may have taken back the Hostomel Airport from the Russian special force dudes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Nuclear Tourist posted:

Still not seeing any pictures or verification of that Il-76 that the Ukrainians claim to have shot down, just a whole lot of twitter accounts echoing the same thing. Brutal if true though.

There’s some playbacks from flightradar24 going around. I don’t know why your military aircraft flying through an active war zone over the country you’re currently invading would have its transponder on, but I’m not a military strategist

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
I can’t imagine that Putin doesn’t end up falling out a window if the oligarchs think that becomes an actual possibility.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Lmao, I was waiting for that to happen

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Video of helicopter getting taken out by a MANPAD

From reddit. It's not technically graphic but they dead.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Cugel the Clever posted:

A Belarusian coup would be awesome, but could well push Putin over the edge to doing something crazy(er).

It's probably a "coup" being done by "Ukrainians" that will be why Belarus gets into Ukraine.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Cimber posted:

oh boo loving hoo. Play the victim card, lets see how that works out for you.

People will fall for it hard. I had someone at work talking about the US chemical weapon factories because Russia was talking about it at a security council meeting.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Marshal Prolapse posted:

This just makes me said thinking of how much I wanted 2042 to be…perhaps it’s better or at least that old school mode and map option is better.

It's dead Jim.

Like borderline actually dead. They've pretty clearly given up on it already.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I can only hope.

They are redrawing districts but it mostly focuses on the Denver area, and maps keep getting tossed by committees. It's been going on for a while. E: apparently missed that the state SC approved a map in november. Thank gently caress.

Sorry for the derail, I just really despise Boebert. Not at all surprised she's curtsying to Russia.

I think the new maps get me out of Ken Buck's district but I'm moving back to KC in September so it doesn't matter for me. Good for Longmont though.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Seems like an effective way to target continued support from certain elements of the American political right.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Kazinsal posted:

the c-spam line on this is "nazbol is the new tankie", with exactly zero self awareness or irony

The only thread I really peruse over there any more is the doomsday economics thread, but when the Ukraine stuff leaks in there it's wild. I get the feeling that a ton of them are going to end up voting Republican because the libs are "bloodthirsty for war with Russia".

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Just Another Lurker posted:

That is soooo beyond stupid. :staredog:

Engineers can only carry 3 mines so the odds were in their favor!

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

You can just go look at some of elongs tweets since he was naturally spreading it. Unless the coward deleted them.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Posting that stuff with content warnings is more than enough. I like seeing discussion on it without having to watch that poo poo myself.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Saul Kain posted:

Those alternate with the dream about having an exam in a class I forgot I was taking and never went. Anxiety sucks.

I would get this one after college but the worst was the one where I was failing a class and it was the day after the last day to withdraw from a class. I also use to dream about driving around town while cooking fajitas that working at one particular Mexican restaurant caused.

I pretty much don’t remember any dreams any more and feel like I don’t even dream most of the time.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
I live next to a place with nukes and my workplace is also assuredly a target. So I'm gonna get vaporized unless I'm driving between the two.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
That map doesn't even have Whiteman AFB on it. Even if it was put out before the B-2's were there it had an ICBM command wing at it and there were silos all around central Missouri so it would have 100% been a target.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Drone stuff is crazy. I was part of a work briefing with the secret service and the guy basically implied that drone stuff scares the poo poo out of them and was basically recruiting on that aspect. If you have a TS clearance and the right type of drone knowledge there are some really good jobs available.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Apparently quite a few reports it was straight up shot down

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
He had to know he was a dead man walking right? Literally everyone else knew this. So what the gently caress was he still doing anywhere near Russia?

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/maxseddon/status/1694397010680361239?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
I think my favorite theory so far is that Putin hadn't taken care of him because the "coup" was directed at Shoigu and the B guy and those dudes took it on their own to take him out.