Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

These mine things seem like real fuckers!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

CommieGIR posted:

That guy has a torniquet on his leg :stare:

Paging Vaha to this thread

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Eh. It would give parity in some ways but still be at a disadvantage. Plus all the long range SAMs etc are still a factor.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr posted:

Rybar International telegrams how to destroy the Bradley, Russian tanks and BMP-3's are superior on the battle field according to the video: https://www.veed.io/view/198609d2-b9e1-4f23-ade9-4c8a62b60f7c

Well poo poo... cancel the training, its over

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Any other sources?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

bulletsponge13 posted:

There have been little to no advancement in HEAT rockets for it.

Are you sure about that? PG-7VR is nasty still I thought. Abrams guys were worried about RPG-29s in Iraq IIRC and its a comparable warhead.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Thinking it was HE-Frag that did it. Either way, a dozen or so lives lost for a junction between two barren fields.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

edit: nm, cleared up

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Ehhh.... depends. Hit a shell internally, its bad times. Autoloader Im not so sure really represents a more likely detonation innately so much as it making detonations that do occur more likely to be catastrophic. Nick Moran went over it, its weird.

Leopard 2 front hull ammo racks being hit in Syria responded similarly to T-series ammo carousel explosions iirc. Hull ERA will hopefully help there.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

That Works posted:

How different is the t55 armor from a t72 or t80?

Tremendously so. In the event tank vs tank combat happens, I think the T72 and 80 are going to be more resilient than people expect.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Know whats really weird? Hes firing a gold/yellow band. Isnt that a training round?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Isnt black yellow black the HE combo? Reference. may be out of date tho. Then again impact doesnt look like training to begin with.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

obj 279 isnt going to be sent into combat lol

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Are DEW systems feasible vs hypersonics? Or does it just require power levels that we arent seeing in use yet. Would the assumed levels of thermal shielding on those sort of systems offer protection?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I told them that!

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Girkin shall arise

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Lum_ posted:

you mean the dude who couldn't even last in the DPR without getting turfed out is going to take over all of Russia

Believe it.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Know who's good at making noises?

Ol' Strelkov. Keep an eye on him, Im seeing big moves in his future...

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

From a friend:

">>> T-54B, southern direction. A month ago up to a company of such vehicles (T-54 and 55) were transferred to the howitzer division. They operate with undirect fire, with crews of 3 people.

The crews were recruited from the tank battalion and artillery, after which they underwent training for a week. I can't speak for the whole of the combat zone, but we use them as SPGs."

The non-existant guy saying they were being brought for primarily indirect fire may have been right! Will try and get link to full quote

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Scrungus posted:

I think they got the patriot (at least part of it) tonight bois 😔

Vid wasnt particularly revealing either way. Cant see if it was hit

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Supposedly a Patriot PAC-3 CRI that malfunctioned

Dandywalken fucked around with this message at 14:32 on May 16, 2023

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Herstory Begins Now posted:

there's also a comedy option of what this turns into if Russia under-responds

Girkin will become elected leader of the breakaway republic. He will server his term having never entered the country.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

2.5:1, says I

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

mlmp08 posted:

Sorry people, Russia said it blew up 250 enemy armored vehicles today and achieved a KDR of over 52:1.

At this rate those 9 brigades stop existing in 3 days or something in exchange for one or two companies.

the bear has awoken.......

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

psydude posted:

Lotta cope coming out of Russian circles right now about Ukraine only seizing the gray zone.

Good, they wrote lovely articles!!!

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Straight through, dont think theres much spalling at that size

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I figure trench fighting is probably just hard, especially with the sleep depravation etc from being in that area.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Claim is KA-52 ejected external tanks and... did this somehow.

Vid here.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Yeah the chunk of tail flying off is what surprised me.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Has Prigozhin requested more shells yet?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

its just Prighozin driving alone to Moscow to face Shoigu once and for all

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

I think you might not be considering all the implications of the day's events.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Herstory Begins Now posted:

hello future king of belarus, prigozhin smells

yeah he does!!!!

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

cool zone? more like cringe zone!

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Flying_Crab posted:

Any ideas on the failure rates of what we're providing them vs. historic cluster weapons (i.e. US in Vietnam or Soviet stuff)? You'd have to think there's some significant improvement there at least.

Depends on what they are

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

The drone situation loving sucks tbh

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Nuclear Tourist posted:

Are those all from Lancets plowing into Bradleys and Leopards?

At least some are. Assuming those at a distance probably arent.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Lancet can absolutely kill modern MBTs.

Heres one hitting a Leopard 2

This Leo may very well have been saved by blowout panels in rear turret tho, its hard to tell. But if so, it'd prob be the first time in video Ive seen that safety feature in action in combat.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

edit: nm misread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

It doesnt reliably detonate them though