Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Molotov are fine against trucks and what not but what really works on tanks is water balloons/buckets with paint on the hot engine hatch. Tends to catch on fire just fine and wreck engines. Don’t even have to bother with lighting them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

USASOC owns a lot of the fixed wing assets, so not any time soon. I’m non cool SOF and we used to use Sherpas all the time to jump when I was still at Bragg just to keep the pilots hours.

Also the Army only got rid of some of the boats of the Active Duty mariners. All the bridging boats are still there and so are the majority of the Reservists.

I partied with a pair of those landing crafts boats when they were stuck in Crete in 2020 due to engine issues. No fights just lots of beer and cheer. Good crews. They gave us like 6 flats of rippits. <3

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

N/M

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

I can’t think of any group of soldiers with lower moral than troops from a satellite state of Russia being tossed into the grinder.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Submariners live with a fate worse than death.

Forgetting their shower shoes.

Jellyfish don’t sting in submarines.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

How nice of the trash to come in their own dumpster.

Now here's a good molotov target.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

I had faith that even if Russia did win the war they would lose the occupation. Turns out they most likely going to lose the war.

Good.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Hyrax Attack! posted:

The info isn’t included in that tweet but the main WaPo story has a caption for the photo “ Ukrainians are driven to the front line to fight in Kharkiv on Saturday. (Salwan Georges/The Post).” So let’s wish them safe inferno free travels.

Well poo poo. Pretty stupid picture choice to tack on to the article.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Fully assuming the convoy is surrounded by Ukrainian soldiers ready to rip it apart from the forest.

I hope.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

bees everywhere posted:

Oh look they also captured a piss bottle. Well done!

All they got to do is empty Russian boots to get more piss it’s not that rare.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Churchill posted:

At this point it seems the Ukrainians are choosing not to attack it rather than not being able to. Makes sense in a way, resources are badly needed elsewhere and tbh it could well be more of a traffic jam than a convoy. Leaving the enemy to gently caress themselves up by running out of fuel and food whilst at the same time clogging up the very same road network that's ment to aliviate the situation is a legit tactic. Additionally, it appears the convoy is mostly trucks and rear-guard units, so again it makes sense to hit armour and other front-line units elsewhere.

But a few well placed attacks will create an even bigger traffic jam.

The mother of all traffic jams.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

They gonna gulag an entire generation of kids returning from captivity.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

It’s lions nature for them to eat others. The slave already let himself become a slave so it’s his role to feed the lion.

gently caress Russia.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

psydude posted:

They're repeating their performance from The Winter War, but with a modern take.

Keep it tight boys! YOUR GROUPINGS WHILE SHOOTING, SERGY, SHOOTING! SPREAD OUT YOU IDIOTS.

This is going to go well.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

I really wish they wouldn’t act like US police with people failing the paper bag test.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

I’ll be worried about other counties Nazis when we get rid of all our own Nazis first.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Lol an expert for everything.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Nick Soapdish posted:

Twitter is really great because in between just the smoothest brained motherfuckers is something who is like "ah, yes, I have the exact knowledge for this very specific situation"

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

poo poo some US cop joined up?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

https://twitter.com/BDStanley/status/1500093881349808128?s=20&t=n-buJlQkIaCj6IVOR0PuCw

I'm starting to think that the Deltas from Animal House could defeat the Russians in a standup fight.

jesus christ if they dont surrender i expect them to be eating each other in a few days.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

poo poo like this better be well documented and rubbed in their face when they finally break to sanctions.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

How have they softened demands?

By stacking dead Russians on it.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Tomn posted:

Oh god, I hadn't even noticed until you pointed it out. That had better be one drat warm and comfy hoodie.

It’s said shame make you flush but but we all know anybody with that response would rather go without than wear that sweatshirt

Crab Dad fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Mar 13, 2022

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Russian hoisted by its own penaids.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Seriously wondering how useful those Russian marines will be soon. Food supplies on the ship must be low and well…. Being on a ship is exhausting for long periods of time especially if a temporary thing.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Wasabi the J posted:

I forgot I had this playlist bookmarked from when I went overseas to Africa and wanted to learn about the countries I'd be touring through.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eicrsq6K85I

"Ukraine lies on ... an area that has historically served as an invasion superhighway."

Polish buddy had funny fake plans to build a coffee/whorehouse chain on the route from east to west and have the sign change from German and Russian.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Lol stupid gaff saying what everyone is thinking. Whatever. Like Putin is actively invading countries on his border bombing hospitals and threatening nuclear retaliation. Oh no don’t say out loud what everyone has on their mind.

Russia is gonna play it up for internal consumption, everyone else is going to stare at the ceiling looking cracks while whistling.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

The problem isn't that it's a gaffe for propaganda reasons, the problem is that the President sets US foreign policy and Biden's statement signaled an unplanned change in that policy. Up to that point, the stated reason for the sanctions, diplomatic isolation, etc was to end the invasion of Ukraine - that is Russia could still undo these things by getting its troops back in its borders. Of course it isn't that simple and however this war ends the rest of the world is going to be dealing with Russia differently for a long time. But what Biden in effect said yesterday was that the US policy goal was now regime change. This does not give Russia a position to back down to, which is part of why diplomats immediately started walking back the statement.

Republicans and other assorted idiots are going to call Biden incompetent no matter what he does, that's not the point.

Lol Russia can stop the invasion any time they want. They most certainly can back down.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

CMYK BLYAT! posted:

look i know the biden presidency hasn't been exactly chummy with Saudi Arabia as of late but we haven't been publicly saying the world would be happier were MBS deposed either. there's a gap between reasonable statements and official policy

Biden is anything but a war monger like Bush or complacent like Obama and Trump. Dude said gently caress it and pulled us out of the forever war. Feel pretty good about the rest of his presidency not starting up any new conflicts with boots on the ground.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

I don’t disagree with anything else but pullout was a condition of the US-Afghanistan agreement reached in February 2020.

And he actually did it. I don’t believe Trump would have because of the optics.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Possibly his view on the war was colored by his son actually serving.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

They weren't CIA funded and your link doesn't even claim they were. Cannon didn't have to be CIA funded to portray Arabs in a bad light since its bosses were both Israeli.

Who funded the Israelis?
Just asking questions maaaaaan.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

facialimpediment posted:

Looking like confirmation on this one flying around twitter today:

https://twitter.com/MaximColch/status/1508461578416496643

https://twitter.com/bellingcat/status/1508463513013997580

Also explains why Zelenskyy didn't want Abramovich sanctioned

Lol, did Nazis even poison peace parties? This poo poo is just getting comically stupid.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

M_Gargantua posted:

They did it to blame Ukraine for poisoning the peace talks

But backfired and hit all the Ukraine diplomats? I guess deploying the poison with kisses wasn’t a great idea. Stupid Ukrainians.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

From what is reported they weren't trying to assassinate anyone. It seems fairly reasonable to assume this was a very pointed warning to keep the lower tier of oligarchs in line. Especially given Zelensky says Abramovich was talking about moving money to Ukraine.

What in tarnation? Only just just kinda poison people?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Cimber posted:

What do you have against fish and chips and spotted dick?

Of all the bad British food choices you managed to pick two of the best.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Huh wonder if they are the ones who are based out of Whidbey Island. The noise they make practicing seems to be the primary political issue thereabouts.

Don’t loving move next to a military airbase then complain about those noise. Those assholes are literally the worst.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

I’m curious how many trained tank crews they have left.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

MRC48B posted:

No, its about narrative control and getting the most bang from your resistance life. Hospitalizing half a platoon of dipshit conscripts in exchange for a mass murdered village is a bad trade when the Ukrainian Army still stands and fights.

if zelensky dies tommorow and a puppet government controlled by the kremlin gets installed, then sure, go hog wild. If General high division commander decides to eat lunch in your kitchen, poison that motherfucker or stab him with a kitchen knife.

that village would be way more valuable alive, and passing intelligence/as a supply cache to Ukrainian resistance than they are dead in a pit.

Villages that are not resisting as such are having every man killed from 16-60 and women rounded up and raped then killed.

Just go ahead and read what I just typed up again and then repeat what you said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Recently I was on a USNS ship that had a civilian IT I really liked but he was terribly self destructive drunk. Anyways he got smashed in Gaeta right after I left the ship and got into a fist fight with the Italian guards. The civilian master of the ship had enough of him and basically got him fired and led off the ship but not before he was sent to his room where he had a computer with full admin rights to all the record keeping and set up the network to erase itself in two weeks. So of course it did and he managed to get arrested.
Then he drank himself into a coma and died.

Of course he was the only guy on the ship who could give/take admin rights.