Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

yeah recon platoon

https://twitter.com/olgatokariuk/st...ingawful.com%2F

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

psydude posted:

So what happens if Putin doesn't win? And by doesn't win, I mean fails to completely overthrow the government in a short time period. Not like he can just back down at this point. His dick is already too far into crazy, and his entire image is of a strong man who never loses.

If Ukraine keeps winning the media war this hard for another week I think somebody on the inside mercs Putin.

It's a mafia state and bosses who gently caress business up for the capos hard enough don't get to stick around too long.

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Feb 26, 2022

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Abe was famously right wing even by standards of the LDP and is the least surprising prominent japanese figure to float this balloon. I'll pay attention when someone still active starts making the same noises or CDP's views on the matter shift.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Midjack posted:

Looks like the AN-225 got got:

It's probably relatively easy to rebuild but there are some industries having to adjust their schedules to reflect surface shipping now.

oh this will be an excellent time to blow up the south carolina congressional delegation's phones reminding them that Mriya was a very frequent visitor to Charleston and this will have serious consequences for Boeing's 787 production

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I'm looking forward to seeing how many far-right media figures around the world suddenly change their mind about Putin when the checks start bouncing

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Grand Fromage posted:

So what were airline routes like during the Cold War? Did the Soviets allow airliners to fly over? I assume not because of KAL 007 but I don't know if that was normal behavior or particularly high tension. Whenever I've gone back and forth to Asia the route went over Russia. Going to Seoul you did a big loop into the Yellow Sea to avoid North Korea. How would you fly from, say, Chicago to Incheon without crossing Russia?

depending where exactly you were going, a stop in either anchorage or gander and then a long way around.

Also it's likely that all the civil aviation authorities are enjoying the hell out of banning Russian overflights, Russia are kind of dicks about overflights allowing only one airline from any given country overflight rights and the fees are borderline extortionate. Payback is sweet.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

MA-Horus posted:

If that MIA-SVO flight actually follows that flight plan there's gonna be an intercept of a loving Aeroflot airliner by RCAF Hornets

This timeline is weird.

We shouldn't have to wait long to find out

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

godDAMN

https://twitter.com/therecount/stat...ingawful.com%2F

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Madurai posted:

Regarding Russian vehicle markings: I saw this explanation offered, and have no idea as to its veracity

Z - east forces
Z in rectangle - Crimea forces
O - units from Belarus direction
V - Russian Marines, but also seen on BMD vehicles
X - Chechens
A - special forces

This whole thing is Eve Online poo poo, the plan is to link up in Kyiv and make the world's costliest Z O R chain

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Dang when was the last time a weapon from Luxembourg's arsenal was fired in anger in a European war? At this rate we're gonna have Irish coast guard ships sinking transports in the Black Sea by the end of the week.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I doubt it, top commanders aren't deep enough in the weeds to cause the kind of extremely basic fuckups at the individual and platoon level that we've been seeing over and over.

This is the product of decades of institutional rot plain and simple.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

pantslesswithwolves posted:

https://twitter.com/borzou/status/1498393087952961541

Someone come get their dumbfuck dad before he gets hurt.

90% sure I got the Silver Alert about this guy last week

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Icon Of Sin posted:

loving christ, CSPAM.

It really is incredible how common the "stop throwing away your lives in a doomed battle" take is in a subforum that jerks off about the defense of Stalingrad as much as that one does

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

lol that carriage contract is 90% of OANN's revenue, :fuckoff:

Hopefully this will give some momentum for CBS to drop them from pluto.tv

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Mar 1, 2022

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Hey thanks all y'all for telling that dude to gently caress off while I was pounding scotch and phoning my lady friend

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Regarding Russian threats against Sweden and Finland, was there ever confirmation of that? It came up in the DnD thread and Finn/Swede Goons said zero local news agencies had mentioned it and it sounded like bullshit.

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/2022/03/02/sweden-Russian-planes-Sweden-airspace/4711646274809/

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I am genuinely terrified by the thought of facing an armed force that has all of its technical manuals done with the clarity and thought of IKEA assembly diagrams

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

CBJSprague24 posted:

Over/under on how long it takes him to walk it back after he gets a call from Vlad's not-so-secret admirer in Palm Beach?

He's good through 2026, donnie will be dead or a lame duck by then

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Basticle posted:

I assume that's https://store.steampowered.com/app/1347550/Tiny_Combat_Arena/ which intentionally looks like a flight sim from like 1994

Holy poo poo thanks for this, F15 Strike Eagle in glorious 4k is every dream I've ever had

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Marshal Prolapse posted:

Hopefully it helps to cripple the lunatic running Chechnya currently. This is a guy who as a way of enforcing terror would shove bottles of peoples asses and I’ve seen an x-ray from one of them. And being torn apart by all those he screwed over the years and you have very very ribbons driven thoughts would be a good thing, still possibly too good for him.

Martial Prolapse

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

uh oh somebody left red boxes on the "coerce 100% unit enlistment" spreadsheet

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

ASAPI posted:

Everything the Russian military does looks like a militia training video out of Florida. It must be like having an army of privates, led by a new LT. Every video I see it looks like the Russians are trying to do that task for the first time.

Everything we're seeing out of Ukraine is a vivid documentary of what happens to an army when the E-4 mafia actually is The Mafia

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Wait what the gently caress, was he an honorary general or something? Lmao

all I can find is honorary Yeoman Warder lmfao

Patriot Games does seem like it would've been Prince Phillips kind of jam

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Wasn't he also literally moving to FL to be a mechanic at his dad's dealership

I've never known a mechanic who would be caught dead driving anything but a 20 year old midsize domestic sedan

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Mar 11, 2022

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

It's a tricky balance to hit, of course you eventually want to go Long Knives on your useful idiot fash allies but how to be sure you've extracted maximum value first?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Before anyone asks "why would such a thing exist", it's how the maintenance crews LO/TO a section of track before they start wandering around on it. Can't get hit by a train that's in the ditch.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

:wtc:

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Tiny Timbs posted:

“Man is the true monster” is the ultimate copout in fiction.

where's the fiction

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

mlmp08 posted:

Burning is easy for bulk destruction, but you generally do it outside and you need to babysit it for both fire safety reasons and to make sure everything gets stirred up and thoroughly burned, not just scorched up like a good pirate map or Dungeons and Dragons tome prop.

Local fire department sometimes gets mad about burn permits, which really sucks if your secret shredder is broken. Leads to sneaking around to burn things in areas where the fire marshals won’t find you.

The key to a successful burn barrel is a heavy but well ventilated lid and a long pipe coming tangent out of the bottom with a leafblower at the end. If there's smoke for the FD to see you're doin it wrong.

Also if the entire thing isn't glowing at least dull cherry, you're doin it wrong.

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Mar 22, 2022

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Cimber posted:

When was the last time in modern history that an aggressor actually won their war of aggression?

I can only think of one, the 2003 invasion of Iraq, and even that the 'victory' wasn't so clear cut.

Less than two years ago when Armenia got their poo poo kicked.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

what's with all the air bursts, do the russians have some kind of CIWS or Iron Dome style point defense?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Cimber posted:

I just gotta say if you want a good, solidly made pallet you can't go cheap, you gotta go with Chep.

Do not summon that blue evil into this thread

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Big K of Justice posted:

Might be easier to track down a die-cast model instead, I remember when I was living on a farm growing up, the various farm/tractor dealers had really detailed scale models of their equipment, combines, plows, hay bailers, etc.

You'll have to match the scale vs the model kit tank you are using which I guess would be in the 1/32-1/48-1/64 scale range.

https://imgur.com/MOghoSc

Also came across a place that may have kits:

https://www.agfarmtoys.com/

Ertl. the search term you're looking for is Ertl

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

https://citationsneeded.medium.com/episode-113-hollywood-and-anti-muslim-racism-part-i-action-and-adventure-schlock-74d3c7ec69a6

Cannon Group was a CIA funded propaganda mill, but I'm still not sure how Breakin' 2 fits into that operation.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

https://twitter.com/natynettle/status/1508130753812606980

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

If you love 80s action schlock and have a curiosity how it looked to the rest of the world, Wolf Warrior II is a Wild. Fuckin. Ride.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Hannibal Rex posted:

Yeah, sorry, but at this point, believing a video of people getting shot in the legs on camera to be fake, but believing a random piece of printed paper to be true is wishful thinking.

I mean, I absolutely get where you're coming from, but if the video was some SFX job, it'd have been debunked by industry experts by now. And if you believe it's a false flag of Russians masquerading as Ukrainians shooting real bullets at real Russian POWs, the necessary logistics for that are mind-boggling. And whatever's the truth, the chance that these POWs live to testify as to who shot them isn't exactly great.

One of the greatest things I've ever seen on youtube was this like hour long vlog from 10 or 15 years ago where an old school practical effects guy broke down in great detail how the moon landings had to be real because faking it would've tripled the budget

e: ah nice it's still up

https://youtu.be/_loUDS4c3Cs

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Mar 29, 2022

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

the only english language sources I'm seeing for that are the absolute dregs of UK tabloids like Daily Mail and Sun

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

is this what they mean when they say "naval infantry"?

https://twitter.com/Capt_Navy/status/1509492996059844611

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Taerkar posted:

So much of business management is cargo cult like. If we copy what Toyota does then we'll be as successful as them!

"If we copy what Piggly Wiggly does then we'll be as successful as them!" -Taiichi Ohno, 1948