Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

maruhkati posted:

I would totally buy this #shirt...if I didn't know that my #CUCKED boss would #CANCEL me for #wearing it to #WORK!!!
ftfy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Why do they have so many words in quotes

who are they quoting

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It's certainly not THE funniest thing about this, because I have a hard time deciding what the funniest thing is, but the fact that these take-no-poo poo toughboys who are sad about being #CANCELED have censored "gently caress" on their own merch is hilarious.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
CYN no longer stands for Control Your Narrative, it stands for Clutch Your Nuts. Please change the thread title to reflect the proper title of new promotion Clutch Your Nuts.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
clutching my suckhole reading this thread

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Can you force Austin Aries to clutchkiss your nuts in the #RANTROOM?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Clearly it represents all the #snowflakes who "tried" to "#cancel" them, and furthermore

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
What happened to the uncomfortable blinding blue spotlight? Maybe it's added in post.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Nobody wants to "step" into the #RANTROOM with an "unvaccinated" "antimasker".

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Seams posted:

men will literally try to control their narratives instead of going to therapy

all men do is control their narrative, clutch their nuts, eat hot chip and lie

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

DarkstarIV posted:

( unless you wanna watch a bunch or dorks choreograph dance with each other for no reason at all cause we don’t do that garbage in the Narrative cause we actually fight)
Wow, Braun taking shots at Natural Vibes for no reason.

projecthalaxy posted:

Allowing yourself to be big timed by MLW indicates you can't even tweak the narrative much less control it
Is CYN's big sponsorship investment a local personal injury lawyer? Yeah, didn't think so. :smuggo:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Braun tried to big league Impact and then joined a company that got big leagued by MLW. :laugh:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It has occurred to me that CYN is basically if someone modded Double Dragon so all the characters were Abobo.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

actually life is like a hurricane

and a highway

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

edogawa rando posted:

CYN is like if the "no slapping your thigh during kicks" sign became sentient, watched Fight Club with a bunch of a bunch of roided up bros going "whooooooooaaaaaa!" for the entirety of its runtime and completely missed the point and then started a promotion.

CYN is a sentient college bro bedroom wall with Tyler Durden, Scarface, Boondock Saints, Joker, Walter White, and Rick Sanchez posters on it, and doesn't pick up on any of the nuance that none of those characters are heroes.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

cagliostr0 posted:

Getting a look like that is more about the peptide cancer cocktail than roids tho

They've all been injected with FOXDIE.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It's 2023. Over the past year, CYN has gradually morphed into the WBF. Somehow nobody noticed, because they were too busy looking at the striations.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Lid posted:

we regret to inform ec3 that control your narrative has lost control of the narrative

Um excuse me but did you not read the first two rules

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Someone please ask him how often he clutches his nuts, and for how long.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
At this point I legitimately can't decide whether CYN turning out to be a satirical art troll created to mock toxic masculinity would be more funny or less funny than it being real. They're 100% hitting all the notes that a parody would hit.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

El Generico posted:

He's leaning into the aesthetic of what they're doing in an exaggerative and sometimes humorous way, but that doesn't mean he understands that the core that he's exaggerating actually sucks.

It seems like he's hedging for a puppetmaster defense: If it succeeds, it's because he was totally serious and a marketing genius mastermind. If it doesn't, lmao he worked us all with his epic troll and all you idiot marks fell for it. It's not a bit, until it is.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Edge & Christian posted:

The classic categories of Conflict:

Man vs. Man
Man vs. Nature
Man vs. Self
Man vs. Nature vs. Self Three Way Dance
Lumberjack of Self match
Nature vs. Nurture Barbed Wire Rope match

You forgot the obvious Man vs Narrative

Also Man vs Nuts

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Reddit: [difficult question]
EC3: [vague flailing]

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
When it's dark, no one can see you clutch your nuts.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Honestly kinda shocked they haven't hired Ivelisse yet.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I like how alienating as many wrestling fans as possible seems to be Big Strongman's business strategy for attracting more fans.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It's like that newLegacy game where they had multiple copies of the same wrestler feuding with each other because there was nobody else in the company.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Shrödinger's Ownage: Both owned and not owned until someone observes CYN, which nobody does.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
At least Ryback has the capacity to be funny and/or weird.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
You should control your narrative by not going.

Or go and don't pay, and when they say you need a ticket you can say "That's YOUR narrative, buddy. I'm controlling MINE." and then clutch your nuts.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Adam Scherr is going to discover Radiohead next, and then post on Something Awful in 2003.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Dimebags Brain posted:

The band in that video is King 810, let's learn about them:

quote:

I’m the singer of the most hated band in America

Pretty sure people actually have to know who the gently caress your band is to be the most hated band in America.