Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Tsaedje posted:

Yeah but it would be insane to tune in half an hour early to sky coverage for a practice session

Not if you're bored as gently caress at work :lewis:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

MustardFacial posted:

This song is kind of a jam, actually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAirINwjaxE

that loving jukebox scene

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

MustardFacial posted:

First The Eagles, and now Dire Straits?

yikes.

The irony is people give Knopfler poo poo for not conforming to the rock and roll mould of his time because he was more committed to his craft. Same with the Eagles, Frey and Henley focused on being the best they could be rather than cultivating an image.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Khablam posted:

Still early to get in on the Scud team.
A beautiful red curvy dream machine driven by two handsome lads who mean well.

Welcome home.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Thanks Ants posted:

Phew, the boys at Maranello have saved this sport

boop the snoot posted:

GET IN THERE CHARL!!!

gently caress YEAH, FORZA FERRARI :italy:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Lotta unrionic :airquote:papaya bois:airquote: with egg on their faces itt... almost like the team boss is Zak Brown, Hack Clown :smuggo: :italy:

checkmate, fuckos

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Thanks Ants posted:

True conviction is hard to find in a 'sport' like Formula 1, the sincere McLaren fans are the MWDCs of this world.

you're telling somebody who put 'tifosi' as their religion on their census form about 'true conviction' smdh

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

you realise this means you don't get to properly celebrate mclaren when they are WDC and WCC champions 2022?

Nobody will be celebrating that, OP.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Lmfao literally gently caress all of you non Ferrari boys. I can taste Horner's cancer.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
I'm going to cum all over the curtains of this hotel to celebrate the Scud win.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Zeta Acosta posted:

where the gently caress is my failrarri fuckman tag. that was the last race i saw with my ex lmao

You'll always be my failrarri fuckman brother, regardless of whether they take your doctors license Gonzo :heart:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Pragmatica posted:

hmm…. i’ll think about it. does the thread really want him back? lol

Almost as much as I want my ex back.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Aphex- posted:

I wasn't in the thread at that time but looking at that guys posts, yeah i'd rather not tbh.

"The posts of somebody who smokes weed and not bath salts" was a top tier following post lmao

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Just posting to remind you all that Ferrari own and are the true good, hard-working lads who mean well of the F1 paddock.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
loving lol at the idea of bringing back a good old fashioned gbs word filter that changes 'max' to 'max*' just for this thread, it would be hilarious

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

So obviously clowning on the banzai binman like toying with a cat with a laser pointer will never not be funny

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

This was my first F1 race. I recently started listening to the Shift+F1 podcast so I wasn't entirely overwhelmed. It was a lot of fun!

I picked one team to follow based on two scientific factors: I wanted to like the livery, and I wanted to root for a middle-tier team so I'd pay more attention to the entire field during a race. This means I went with Alpha Tauri. When Gasly's car went up in flames I knew I made the right call. They did manage to get some points, and I was surprised by how invested I felt as Tsunoda made his way into the top ten.

I'm definitely hooked. The presentation was great, even if I wanted more top-down shots of the broader field. I guess that's one of the reasons people sign up for F1 TV.

You should support Ferrari, OP, they're the best <3

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Dexo posted:

Please ignore the Italians, they are ornery after having the smallest taste of success.

Support of any team is welcome here as it's not Red Bull.

the only ornery gently caress around here is called 'Christian'

The Italians and Scud Buds are model posters.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Carrier posted:

why would I listen to an F1 podcast when I could just read this thread?

same but the motorsport dot com comment section and its rogues gallery of unmedicated borderline personality disorders

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

GramCracker posted:

How did our Cool And Good Papaya Lads seem to have gotten it so wrong? :negative:

The Google money is cursed, OP

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Golly, gee, I sure hope this chap is on his way to operate some heavy, dangerous machinery.

MustardFacial posted:

1. Ferrari supporters. They're happy for now because they won, but it'll only take a few bad Jock Clear calls before they start throwing the racial epithets around. Ferrari throwing away championships due to incompetence is as inevitable as the sunrise. You hope for them to do well regardless because at least it's not Mercedes.

I resent this, we don't hurl around racial epithets like thuggish Lazio Ultras. We use outmoded medical terms for IQ brackets and mental subnormality.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

learnincurve posted:

Charles is bland and inoffensive enough for me not to hate him yet

Mental subnormality detected. Question time - Charles Leclerc is

a). cool
b). good
c). unnervingly handsome
d). all of the above

Failure to post a correct answer will get you the full fat slur treatment.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
This is now officially the 2022 Scuderia Ferrari Formula One Appreciation thread, if you want to talk about gross shades of orange and mediocrity please vacate to another thread and vomit amongst yourselves, tia

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Thanks Ants posted:

I'm picking the big D

Play your cards right sugar :wink:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

italian quid posted:

Whiny British cunts who's minds have deteriorated due to having to ingest jellied eel supplements for protein: WAA WAA I hate max he's so mean 😭

Bold courageous Scuderia supporters full of Italian Passion: PHWOAR this Ferrari sure is amazing this year, who gives a gently caress about anybody else.

^^

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Buncha butthurt shitlords itt with their wives' boyfriends' cum on their face getting very annoyed about the Scud Buds enjoying caprese salad and good wine, smdh 🤌🤌🤌

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

ethanol posted:

Theo consider all that money saved on travel could be spent on a Porsche cayman

Lol I literally bought a new car this weekend to cheer myself up.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

ethanol posted:

What car

Something very sensible in these times of absurd fuel costs, because why would I stop being a moron now.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

ethanol posted:

I have a new pickup truck man

Which one did you go for? My brother is in the market for one

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

GramCracker posted:

I'm disappointed you swapped the RS6 for this.

I dumped the RS6 on the quiet over a year ago now, the balloon payment came up and it was absurdly cheap relative to the resale value of the car so I paid it off and sold it back to the dealer and used some of the spare change to get a 3.0 TFSI A6 Avant, had it remapped to just over 400bhp and dailied it until I decided what I wanted next. The RS6 was bananas and I'm glad I had it for 3 years but I was starting to feel guilty putting the amount of mileage on it as I travel a lot for work.

MustardFacial posted:

Tesla’s are poorly built and Elon Musk is a dickhead.

Theo I was very close to buying an S7 and then a friend convinced me to get BMW instead. I regret my decision everyday.

Which BMW did you get in the end?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

MustardFacial posted:

440xi Gran Coupe M Performance.

I wanted a 4 door AWD sedan with a liftgate in the style of the S5 and the S7. I looked at the S5 originally but it didn't feel different enough from the S4 plus the twin turbo V8 in the S7 was very enticing. So then I started shopping around for S7's and it turns out that they depreciate so fast that you could pick up 2 year lease returns for pennies on the dollar. A 2 year old car is still brand new no matter how much you beat on it (especially around here).

So I was shopping around S7's trying to find one with the packages I want when a friend of mine turned me onto this BMW. It was a 4 door AWD sedan with a liftgate like I wanted, it didn't have as much power as the S7, but BMW specific ODB tools are much easier to acquire than anything made by VAG and the power that can be achieved with an intercooler and tune would put there close enough that it wouldn't make a difference. But the biggest selling point was that it was an M Performance edition. BMW only makes about 500 2, 3, 4 series a year as M Performance cars and to find one that was also an x drive gran coupe was probably even rarer.

Ha, the 440i GC was one I dailied for a few weeks when I was trying to make my mind up, not the xDrive or M Performance though. It's a sweet ride but something about it just didn't gel with me, maybe because it was RWD it didn't feel quite as planted on the road. That twin scroll straight six is an absolute peach of an engine though.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Pvt. Public posted:

Going to go drive an Audi E-tron GT this weekend and see if I like it. Might replace the RS7 I have now.

The e-tron GT looks baller as gently caress (as is an RS7 lol), let us know how you get on with it.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
It's hilarious to me anybody saying modern BMWs have heavy steering because I think their magnetic racks are comically light. :shrug:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

italian quid posted:

just lmao if you complain about heavy steering but don't actually drive a car without power steering.

The hardest orgasm I ever had was driving a Ferrari F355 with an unservo'd clutch pedal. I lost the deposit on that one.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

TheBacon posted:

Forza Ferrari

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Thanks Ants posted:

Finally, someone else who appreciates the sweet curry McDonald's sauce

I didn't realise people didn't accept it as the god tier mcdonalds dipping sauce??

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

ArmZ posted:

never heard of that bread before is it good?

not as good as a small pastry

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

boop the snoot posted:

*car hits 250k miles and has its first issues*

Somebody, somewhere: I told you it was a piece of poo poo!!!! :argh:

yeah but come the gently caress on lol, an alfa romeo doing 250k miles without issues??

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

GramCracker posted:

I find it hilarious that modern Alfa is still stuck with the lovely reliability stigma from their earlier years (not that the 90's were good either). Like, yeah the new ones are supposedly not great compared to other marques of similar caliber, but they aren't total heaps of poo poo like most previous gen Alfa's were.

They aren't, but the odds of any marque not throwing at least one expensive shitfit over the course of 250k miles are fleetingly remote, especially given the sheer amount of technology in modern cars. Alfa just get bonus points for trading on reputation lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

GramCracker posted:

100% agree with you, over the course of 250k miles almost any marque would likely throw an expensive poo poo fit. I'd be horrified to own something like a 2015-ish Audi S6 or something equal out of warranty.

Oh gently caress yeah, that's why I always buy with a manufacturer warranty and take out an insurance-based manufacturer approved warranty afterwards if the car is likely to be a money pit. My old man had a Merc SL55 and the ABC system poo poo the bed, so it was 4k per corner to fix. He also went on to have a Cayenne Turbo and they asked some insane amount of money to sort the ceramic discs on, so insane was the price he just left the keys with the Porsche dealer to sell it on.

Dumbest loving thing I ever did car wise was take out the BMW insured warranty on my old 6 series because I knew the valve stem seals were blown and I didn't want to eat the 4-8k bill for the engine rebuild. The reason it was incredibly dumb was not because the work wouldn't have been covered (it explicitly was) but because my dumb rear end didn't read the fine print that said any claims raised in the first 90 days would not be covered for the lifetime of the car. I paid £800 to blackball my own car from the entire BMW network lmao.