Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
Yuki is the patron Saint of this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

learnincurve posted:

I'm watching now TV on an xbox and massive telly

Is there an app for XBox or do you just use the browser?

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

learnincurve posted:

Now TV is on app for Xbox and playstation, also roku.

The playstation has serious issues with buffering though.

Oh - I thought you were watching F1TV through your XBox.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Asleep Style posted:

any day now mercedes will take off the sandbags

They'll take them off during Q3 - wow our car was so terrible, we worked some things out after FP3 and it's really good to get a front row lockout by 0.75 seconds.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Hey has there ever been an F1 season where Merc started out just ok but then by mid-season they were dominating the field and walked away with the title with 3-4 races left - there is no way something that crazy could have happened, right?

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Bye bye Sandbags. Lewis win incoming

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Poor Checo. I thought he was going to hold off Lewis and not have his car stall out in the middle of the road like 1985 Chevrolet.

But also lol @ Max and Horner

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

https://twitter.com/TimBernr/status/1505590335010975748?t=RUXL7yuTDliDVuDOALTICA&s=19

Sab0921 fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Mar 20, 2022

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Motivation time for Danny Ric - Zac will buy this for you if you make Q2.

https://twitter.com/Bringatrailer/status/1505909741532299268

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Khablam posted:

If you actually watch the race, you'll see he followed through T1 on the first lap through and he wasn't able to stay close enough for the DRS into T4 to get it done.

Like Max/RBR was slower on every part of the racetrack except the main straight. Arguing he shouldn't have tried to get and keep track position in the one place he was able to get nearly there, is stupid.

lol u love Max so much - he's an aggro shithead OP and couldn't help divebombing Charles constantly.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Khablam posted:

Would you have rather he just sat behind rather than make an attempt? What do you smooth-brains want, beyond just wanting to poo poo out another HURR DURR MAX BAD post?
He was slower through T1-T4 so the idea he'd have a better time getting past with less straight/DRS to use to get alongside is just so silly.

It was his only shot at track position.

After it didn't work the first two times (maybe even the first time), try to follow close behind LeClerc and make the pass going into T4 - you know, be smart and learn from the prior attempts.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Khablam posted:

The exit of T1 is 50mph and it's precisely in these corners the Ferrari was dunking everyone else. In every lap through the first sector Max lost time to leclerc.
n.b. it's exactly why leclerc was brushing past him again before T4.

Please, forums poster Sab0921, please consider the F1 champion may just have considered "try a different spot" given he is, you know, famous for trying all the spots, and there are other reasons the rest of the circuit wasn't an opportunity.

F1 Champion*

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Asterisk people are the Karens of sports fandom.

I like the people who come to Astros games with their HOUSTON ASTERISKS gear.

We, as fans, are very owned every time they do that. We should def do it to Max.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

boop the snoot posted:

Charl leaving the door open for Max*’s stupidity is some pretty pro tier poo poo.

Dare I say Lewis could learn a thing or two from the 2022 WDC?

Agreed - he needs to learn how to properly defend from Checo Perez, 2022 WDC.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Dexo posted:

Please ignore the Italians, they are ornery after having the smallest taste of success.

Support of any team is welcome here as it's not Red Bull.

Excuse me - Checo WDC 2022.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

MrMojok posted:

All of this nonsense about Papaya.

McLaren would immediately drop lap times by a couple of tenths if they reverted to the classic silver and black color scheme, which is historically known to be faster.

You mean marlboro livery.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

DAS was loving cool

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This is the sensible family car that the thread Tifosi need

https://twitter.com/Bringatrailer/status/1506649645937659910

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Should have bought a CT5-V Blackwing.

Yup - I have an ATS-V and just lol if you're not buying the superior American sports sedans. Need a GENERAL MOTORS F1 team to demonstrate the superiority of American engineering.

Sab0921 fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Mar 23, 2022

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Zedd posted:

Lol if you don't live in a developed country with proper bike infrastructure.

We mostly live in America - so yeah - undeveloped nation.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Sorry to our Italian sports enthusiasts. The sports gods giveth and they taketh away.

https://twitter.com/ESPNFC/status/1507109723534987274?s=20&t=B56KcS2HIZY8E3DsmPfkFQ

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Question: Max is the worst and Max has spent today's press conferences making GBS threads on drive to survive because it made him look...like himself. Does this mean Netflix is good??????

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

CHECO WDC 2022

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Hamilton the GOAT of any sport.

Shameful slander against Sir Lewis. To be expected from the most racist thread

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

One Honda down already

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Egg Moron posted:

Look, this decadent, frivolous motorsport which enriches and embiggens the worst entities on the planet (oil companies, petrostates, the USA, and so on) is saving the world actually

You didn't have to say Petrostates and USA - it's inclusive

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

I can't figure out how to make F1TV work on XBOX - the browser will not play live events, it constantly says its buffering.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Poor Checo this sucks.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Max is such an idiot

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

I loving love Charles!

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

I think Charles may have used DRS when he wasn't allowed to - he was ahead at the DRS line.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

serious gaylord posted:

The system controls DRS being allowed not the driver.

WELL THEN I AM OWNED

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

What a great loving race.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Let's pour one out for thread hero checo perez who got hosed by the Canadian binman.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Dutch bros living their Max Verstappen dreams including binning it into a wall.

https://twitter.com/devries_wesley/status/1508017529897340929?t=y81WXwGANk0Ip-c8W61XdA&s=19

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Mods I thought anything other than flattering praise of the one true god, Sir Lewis Hamilton, was a bannable offense.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

ogopogo posted:

Vegas dates and course rumors ramping up. 2023-2025, thanksgiving weekend or close to.

This is a horrible track

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Orchestrated Mess posted:

This is like a five or six mile lap. Surely can't be real? Then again...

It never fails to make me laugh how bad this is.

Looks like Qatar tbh

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Aphex- posted:

The more opportunities Americans get to realise they're not the centre of the universe the better imo. More 4am US start times.

Start times for the US are generally great - the vast majority of races are at 8 or 9 am - perfect if you have little kids and want a lazy sunday morning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

TheBacon posted:

On the east coast they are great you mean. The best coast gets hit with 0500/0600 starts

I'm third coast - a happy medium. For Abu Dhabi I watched the race which started at like 7 am and then took my kids to the zoo right when it opened and missed all the lines. F1 rules.