Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

i love yuki with all my heart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

Lucasar posted:

I joined the fantasy league with my favourite drivers and also Ocon.

I will try to get those post-its scanned in case they are desired for avatars etc. I will try to draw Zhou, K-Mag, Horner, Toto, Steiner, Brown, and maybe Binotto and Papa Stroll this weekend as well.

god bless

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

having me pay for the pit lane channel only to remove it 2 days prior to the season starting is the 2nd worst double cross f1 has ever done, the worst being the one masi got fired over

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

KidDynamite posted:

they did what??

they changed it for F1 Live and replaced rosanna and sam with will suxton and 2 other white guys

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

MustardFacial posted:

Is the new PLC squad any good?

Eh.

They haven't covered something that counts yet, but after two practice rounds my verdict is: Still better than Crofty and Brundle.

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

happy birthday mike krack!!

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

The main graphic isn’t showing TIMES?!

They managed to break it during FP3, and I guess they struggled to fix it in the 2 hour interval since then?

Look, it's not like F1 is a multibillion dollar organization and timing being an important part of the sport.

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

straight up brolic posted:

You’re telling me a scuderia made this Ferrari?!??

It's only a scuderia if its made in the scud region of Iraq.

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

https://twitter.com/formula1cursed/status/1505217868455153664?s=20&t=4Bl7Imrp-g_VxNUUuWsVlQ

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

Pragmatica posted:

checo can do it

he has held him off before

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

Deltasquid posted:

Estabon Ocon

You mean Cinnabon Ocon.

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

marshalljim posted:

When's the "dynamic pricing" supposed to kick in for the fantasy league?

Feels like Masi was in charge of their Fantasy system seeing as how they haven't updated anything yet.

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

Sab0921 posted:

Sorry to our Italian sports enthusiasts. The sports gods giveth and they taketh away.

https://twitter.com/ESPNFC/status/1507109723534987274?s=20&t=B56KcS2HIZY8E3DsmPfkFQ

they're avoiding drawing the political and economic ire of the powers that be by making it look like they're frauds instead of going out and announcing a boycott of the human rights violation that is the qatar wc

they're heroes and should be celebrated as such

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

your friend wicka posted:

The only race craft Max knows about is phrenology

:lando:

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

destroying your spine, to look cool

when has looking cool ever not destroyed your body in some way shape and or form?

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

boop the snoot posted:

They’re gladiators, op

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

shyduck posted:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess the drivers aren't all feeling this

who cares about the drivers though. this is about not giving in to terrorism

Wolff’s Red Bull counterpart Christian Horner said not going ahead with the race would be tantamount to giving in to terrorism.

“The sport has to stand together collectively. Any act of terrorism cannot be condoned, and sport shouldn’t be bullied into a position that…a situation like that just isn’t acceptable,” said Horner.

“Stefano and the president, they’re dealing with it, there’s been all the assurances from the organisers, and we’ll be going racing.”

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

MustardFacial posted:

This is the most corrupt sport in the world. I love it:

I can't stop laughing. It's so dumb, and so good. Oh my god.

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

boop the snoot posted:

This is a real quote lmao

theres another fun quote in there from the fia president stating that the houthis are operating according to the rules of war and only attacking legitimate targets

quote:

Ben Sulayem said: “We had a meeting with high level security officials, we had meetings with the team principals, we had meetings with the drivers.

“Who are they targeting? They are targeting the oil company, not the civilian and not, of course, the event.

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

Red Warrior posted:

Wow driving past one of the 3 stands around the track with all of 12 people in it. Saudis coming out in force to support this event.

At least someone remembered there's a war on.

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

I made 'nduja scrambled eggs over the weekend. Unfortunately I didn't use the cast iron, but they were still excellent.

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

Bring back delta wings.

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I like that someone always does the work of clipping the good poo poo incredibly fast

gotta do it for the upvotes

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

refleks posted:

Whiny tech youtuber and *SMALL BUSINESS OWNER* with bad opinions. He would fit right in here.

as a small business owner, although with good opinions, i agree.

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

Nowher posted:

I scored free grandstand tickets for Friday practice thanks to work. I'll be going with a co-worker however I've just been informed they'll probably be going kitted out in a Ferrari hat, shirt and possibly flag.
I'm not sure how to feel about this.

you should feel good and blessed, op

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

ArmZ posted:

f1tv has hosed third party apps like race control and the f1tv webapp is garbage :negative:

was hype to watch the qualis and the race with race control cause it absolutely ruled and god dammit f1 of course you ruin the fun

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

i should probably buy an airfryer to be honest

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

Abisteen posted:

Disc Golf unless smoking hella weed is performance enhancing.

its on the list

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

Begall posted:

So today I randomly got into a conversation with someone who used to work as a mechanical engineer for Red Bull. First question I had was “is Horner as much of a knob as he comes across on TV?” - the answer was emphatically yes, he’s as much of a nightmare to work for as you’d suspect.

during one of the free practice broadcasts over the past couplea races they put ted on and he mentioned offhandedly that horner just passed by and gave him a "friendly punch in the stomach" like dude is frat boy culture personified in a 48 year old that is desperately trying to escape his wifes shadow

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

im also a pretty firm advocate.

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

i almost had a heatstroke in a fiat panda once

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

ilmucche posted:

How do you pronounce "Toronto"

tonto

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

Cimber posted:

I can't watch p1 as I am at work, but based on the tweets I am seeing apparently Haas is kicking rear end or something?

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

so what could mercedes have changed for the sprint that made their cars better if they're locked into parc ferme after yesterdays quali?

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

early video of the f1 motorcade making their way around the miami gp track
https://twitter.com/allushiii_new/status/1518529888449400838?s=20&t=3xKqDmnJWK7WUMTTQ6YwGA

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

Kirios posted:

how the gently caress is finland not scandinavia

so scandinavia is the colonizers.
the nordic countries are the countries scandinavia colonized.

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

Kirios posted:

But Finland is part of the Scandinavian peninsula? This feels like you're arguing semantics and you can argue one way or another to say you're right.

denmark isn't if thats your qualifier.

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

MustardFacial posted:

I am personally mad that it's not an above-ground pool, removing the chance of it leaking/tearing and dumping thousands of liters of water all over the track in comical fashion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

boop the snoot posted:

Who is this geriatric in the commentary booth with Sam

john watson