Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
Because this appears to the the culture war issue du jour that's being used as red meat to excite the bigots, I thought it would be good to have a thread to discuss this and consolidate information, misinformation, and data regarding this issue.

In general, the current event relevant here is the win of swimmer Lia Thomas, a transgender woman, in the NCAA 500m Freestyle. She's an incredibly brave athlete to have competed and won during a time when many states and local areas are using scare tactics to target transgender women for discrimination and specific culture war laws.

I'll expand this post as needed.

Jaxyon fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Apr 5, 2022

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
Resources:

https://www.glsen.org/activity/gender-affirming-inclusive-athletics-participation
https://www.apa.org/pi/lgbt/resources/policy/issues/transgender-exclusion-sports
https://www.ncaa.org/news/2021/4/26/ncaa-transgender-policy-background-resources.aspx
https://www.transathlete.com/policies-by-organization(list of guidelines of various organizations)

Jaxyon fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Apr 5, 2022

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

A big flaming stink posted:

the fact that trans femme athletes do not finish overwhelmingly at the very top of their sports is enough proof to know that talk about "unfair advantages" is complete bunk.

Lia was actually beaten in the 100 by a transgender man. He has not undergone any medical transition/affirmation and competes in the women's category.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

How are u posted:

2. Where's the problem? Where are all the trans-women pushing women out of women's sports? I certainly haven't seen this become an issue anywhere as far as I'm aware. I've found that I've made headway with some folks using this line of reasoning: Let the trans folks compete as who they are, and we can evaluate five or ten years down the line to see if it has become an issue or not. Heck, if 10 years from now we actually *did* see all the womens teams and leagues full of majority trans-women to the exclusion of women then I'd honestly be sympathetic to some sort of regulation. But that's not something that's happening now, hasn't happened yet, and until and unless it does happen then it's not really a 'problem' that needs to be solved.

We've already allowed transgender women to compete for 10 or more years at the top levels of sport. None have dominated any sport.

Much like the bathroom issue, it's non-issue that's already resolved that is being used to fire up people who don't know anything and are bigoted towards transgender people.

I remember all the people who were big mad about the weight lifter in the summer Olympics who was going to beat everyone with her powerful man-bones, only to just memory hole her when she didn't win or even come close.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

mobby_6kl posted:

I've seen transphobes cite this article as proof that trans people shouldn't be allowed in sport https://bjsm.bmj.com/content/55/11/577.full?ijkey=yjlCzZVZFRDZzHz&keytype=ref

but it actually shows that there's no advantage in performance after just 1-2 years of treatment except for running, which declined and might further decline with time.

Yes get familiar with "12%" because that study is one of the only ones in existence that shows any sort of advantage at all and the bigots will use it as a bludgeon til the end of time.

Hipster Occultist posted:

It's never been about fairness, it's just a way for CHUDs to poo poo on another group of people while also claiming the moral high ground because they're "protecting women."

Absolutely this. It's so NOT about fairness that if you actually try to address the fairness argument they'll just get confused and angry as to why you're talking about anything but making GBS threads on this one group.

It's also why they have zero issues with transgender men.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

Transgender women are women.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
People very concerned with fairness in women's athletics suddenly very unconcerned with the fact that 1% of competitive swimmers are black because of a centuries long history of black people not having access to pools.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

Internaut! posted:

Biological males have no business competing athletically against biological females in any sport where the indisputable physical advantages of males is a factor, for example sprinting versus curling.

That said I don't give a gently caress about women's sports, and as a man this issue doesn't affect me in the slightest, so I'll let the broads fight their own battle on this one.

You gonna poo poo and run or stick around to defend this view?

I'd call this an obvious troll but when millions of people have this exact view I don't know that it matters.

Terminal autist posted:

Is there any general polls out about the issue? My default assumption is that America is hell country and the average American just being insanely cruel and stupid makes it a losing proposition electorally.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/350174/mixed-views-among-americans-transgender-issues.aspx
https://globalsport.asu.edu/resources/global-sport-institute-national-snapshot-poll-summer-2021

Jaxyon fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Apr 6, 2022

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

Internaut! posted:

What is there to defend? Males in general are significantly stronger and faster than females which is why women's sports exist in the first place.

Don't you think it would be a good idea to understand how transgender people in sports exist before denying the reality of a bunch of people? Or do you think you can just shoot from the hip on this because you're unlikely to ever have to face consequences for your ignorance?

Also a lot of women's divisions exist because women were beating men when it was combined.

Olympic biathlon is a recent example.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

Internaut! posted:

I wouldn't presume to gatekeep transness by requiring some sort of medical treatment regime, would you? What do you say to people around the world who are trans but don't have access to such treatment, or can't afford it? Would you merely deny them access to women's sports, or to the ability to identify as trans altogether?

Being transgender has nothing to do with affirmation/transition treatment. However to compete in sports, there are requirements about testosterone levels.

In fact, a transgender man who was not taking any hormones competed in the womens 100 in the same event as Lia Thomas and nobody said anything about it. He also beat her.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

Internaut! posted:

I did nothing of the sort.

You have made broad statements about "biological males" and what advantages they have that indicate you have zero knowledge about transgender athletics.

quote:

What sort of "consequences" should a person face for being ignorant of trans athletes in sport? That sounds rather like a threat.

This is just fragility. "ARE YOU THREATENING ME". Please.

The point is your ignorance will get you very little social blowback or cause you very little problems because transgender people are so marginalized that that you can continue to be ignorant and post ignorant takes. In ways that ignorant takes about, say, black folks wouldn't fly.

quote:

Haven't heard of that one and in the most recent Olympics the men handily beat the women on the same course according to the final results I can see. Regardless I think we can agree in this case "a lot" is actually "very very few" and I'm the first to admit I don't see the need for gender separation in sports like curling for example, but maybe even there males have an advantage.

You keep talking about men competing against women directly, but this thread is about women competing against women.

Transgender women are women.

Jaxyon fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Apr 6, 2022

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

Internaut! posted:

So low-T males can compete in women's sport without identifying as trans?

No, and the reason being there's more to male advantage in sport than just hormone levels.

Feel free to go into this. In detail.

Fuligin posted:

This is not an issue that can be boiled down just to 'us vs CHUDs' (god im loving sick of that word). Plenty of people who would have identified as 'very liberal' and now as 'very progressive' are opposed to transgender athletes , because It's Not Fair. Which, yeah, gently caress that obviously

That is true. Just like white supremacy is bipartisan, so is transphobia.

Though in my experience transphobia tends to go a lot more with conservativism as it's closely tied with homophobia and misogyny.

Jaxyon fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Apr 6, 2022

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

Internaut! posted:

Males in general are significantly stronger and faster than females, there is no debate about this in any serious circle. This does not even address transgender athletics much less make a statement about them.

Then why did you bring it up?

quote:

Like Jimmy the Greek pointing out that African-Americans were bred for centuries to be big and strong, and this is why the NFL is full of African-Americans descended from slaves, while there's been like 3 Africans ever in the league not descended from African-American slaves? I'm not sure what social blowback people would face for this, but why should they? Unpalatable truths remain truths after all.

I was wrong, you're actually willing to repeat racist poo poo uncritically as well! I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

quote:

As you can see from my posts I've been exceedingly careful to separate sex from gender except where impossible, such as discussing Olympic biathlon which is split by gender. That's on the IOC.

You literally haven't been able to separate sex and gender in this very post.

The IOC allows transgender athletes just as the NCAA does. You don't know what you're talking about which is why you keep jumping around between justifications instead of producing data or making a fact-driven argument.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
Literally "african slaves bred to be fleet of foot so they're good at sports" out of nowhere to justify transphobia in 2022. Neat!

Jaxyon fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Apr 6, 2022

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

This is absolutely not true for one thing.

As for your other point, ignoring everything else nobody seems to demand special rules and regulations when a cisgendered individual is absolutely dominant in a sport. Nobody with any credibility suggested excluding Tiger Woods or the Williams sisters from competitions because they were too good.

It sure is odd how with all these "natural advantages" black don't dominate the sports wealthy people people play, with only a few notable exceptions.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I mean I would be perfectly happy to see the NFL slap restrictions on Tom Brady.

These type of people also think that coaching and QB position is more skewed to whites because of "intellect".

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

Squinty posted:

From what I've read there's no competitive advantage for a transwoman who began HRT before hitting puberty, so I don't see any reason why they should be barred from competition. But testosterone has a huge influence on skeletal growth throughout puberty, which certainly gives an advantage in some sports - things like height in basketball and volleyball, arm length/reach in combat sports, hand/foot size in swimming, etc. And whether or not those are "unfair" advantages seems entirely subjective to me? I don't think there's a simple one-size-fits-all answer for those cases. Personally, I'd lean towards allowing transwomen to compete, and then in 20 years if every center in the WNBA and every middle blocker at the Olympics is transgender, maybe then you reevaluate.

Transgender athletes have been allowed in all of these sports for years or decades. The Olympics in particular has never had a transgender athlete medal that I'm aware of and they've allowed it for nearly 20 years.

If you're concerned that those things might be a specific advantage for trans people, feel free to provide data to support that argument.

Transgender athletes dominating sports is a fantasy problem based on people making up dire scenarios to justify their discomfort with a marginalized group, just like bathroom bills. It's a non-issue that is being ramped up based on culture war fears.

Jaxyon fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Apr 7, 2022

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

Internaut! posted:

If being born male made so little difference, as is being so passionately argued by some ITT, if you're ranked 5,000 in the world as a man playing a men's sport (e.g. men's weightlifting, men's soccer, men's biathlon or whatever) and you transition to a woman, you should end up roughly ranked 5,000 in the world as a woman. That is FAR from what's happening.

That's actually exactly what's happening

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

Borscht posted:

Regardless if someone is on on hormone therapy, the fact that they went through a male puberty makes a massive difference in their current physiology. It's why puberty blockers are more effective at repressing male secondary sexual characteristics than hormone therapy. Is there someone in this thread that actually know about this? I'm about 70%.

You've made about 5 posts in this thread advancing argument feel free to post done science. Please note, just realizing that sexual dimorphism exists doesnt make this argument.

In general as you can see from other posters, this part where I ask you to support your position with data is usually when you stop replying. Hopefully that's not you!

Borscht posted:

Nah. Couldn't give a poo poo about sports.
I like science though.

It does not appear you like it enough as it disagrees with you on this subject. Voice taken the anti science position

Jaxyon fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Apr 7, 2022

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

I've read this entire thread, and noticed a similar pattern to when I have this discussion on social media:

People make broad claims about the unfairness of transgender people, say their opinion is "science", and then refuse to back them up and declare that someone is ridiculous for even doubting them.

Then as they continue to participate in debate, yet refuse to back up anything, people who respond to them escalate their replies to continued unsupported transphobia.

Is that the kind of discussion pattern the moderation staff would like to foster on this subject?

The only data, links, resources and citations that have been posted in this thread have been on one side of the debate. Otherwise we have a rotating group of posters who kramer in, make some claims, and then bail when asked to provide data while the posters who are on version 3 or 4 of that same poster are getting increasingly upset at the lack of rigor.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

mastershakeman posted:

We've effectively always had this with the judged women's sports like ice skating and gymnastics. Look at the Liukin vs Shawn Johnson rivalry, where the announcers and judges oohed and aahed over Liukin's "elegance". It's part of the whining about difficulty scores giving people like Biles too much of an edge because she's stronger and can do more spins
I don't know as much about ice skating but my understanding is the silver medalist Russian who threw a tantrum was largely correct about having the better performance and got judged against for not meeting the standards of feminine excellence with respect to unquantifiable dancing and grace and whatnot

Figure skating is a good discussion point.

Before gender separation, in 1902, a woman placed 2nd in the world championships. Immediately after, women were banned from competing and then a women-only category was introduced but not held for a few years after.

PT6A posted:

I also really resent the implication that you must be trans to give a poo poo about the rights and fundamental human dignity of trans people.

That post deserves way more than a 6hr.

Jaxyon fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Apr 7, 2022

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

Aginor posted:

She is built like a male swimmer.

This is Katie Ledecky, a cisgender woman swimmer that has 10 seconds on Lia, a huge gap in high level competitive swimming.

This is Lia.

Please share the standards you are using to judge her build.

quote:

She needs time to go through her transition and then once that's done she should be allowed to compete as much as she wants.

She has spent the required amount of time already(1 year for the NCAA) of HRT/T-suppression. I posted the requirements in the 3rd post of this thread.

What longer does she need and what science do you have to base that on?

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
Aginor PM'd me within seconds of that post btw.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I'd to point out 7 pages in not a single person has disputed my first post in the thread with any substance(data, studies, statistics) whatsoever including the person who posted frankly horrible things at people in their PMs before getting banned.

My hope was that this thread would involve people making misguided but at least vaguely logical arguments against, and then getting disproven with the science.

Here's Aginor's PM to another poster in this thread(who is currently probated and gave me permission to post), to let you know the kind of person who is currently in this thread against transgender people competing in athletics.

Content warning: Transphobia

Aginor posted:

SO here's my opinion of you from what I can tell.

Bit of a loser. Probably went to far with a girl against her wishes and not you've decided you're transitioning and it goings to get you out of some form of trouble,

Imagine fully you're one of those fat neckbeards with a bit of long hair and now the most important thing to you is trans rights.

I've seen your kind before and trouble wont escape you. And to be honest, you'll never be a woman know matter what you try. I've met, dated and slept with women "transitioning and not". You're a wannabe.

So go gently caress yourself too you rampaging prick.

Cheers fatty. I like that avatar. Call me when you have a womb!

I am putting this here not to "post about posters" but to point out that most of the people pretending to care about "fairness in sports" are actually covering up some pretty virulent bigotry.

In my experience people who seriously care about fairness in sports actually come armed with facts and legit concerns.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
Almost all bigotry/transphobia on a gender basis comes from misogyny, homophobia, and the combination of the two.

That's why transgender men are basically invisible in all of these culture war issues(not that I want them to be targetted).

I'm aware that's not total, transgender men definitely are targeted and abused.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

Dr. Stab posted:

Trans men have been the primary target of transphobic rhetoric and legislation in the last few years. The social contagion narrative that has been very effective is focused on trans men. Transphobes also talk a bunch about "ruining fertile wombs and breasts," and get really mad about "people who have periods" phrasing. In the transphobic worldview, trans women tend to be the perverts seducing kids, and trans men are the victims. The people passing these healthcare bans are thinking "Our daughters are being corrupted!"

The invisibility is a part of the attack. They deny the agency of trans men, so the best they get is pity instead of hatred. But the damage is still done to them.

Also, it wasn't that long ago in history that a woman could get arrested for wearing pants. Being allowed to wear "men's" clothes was the result of massive effort to break down barriers. And, I think in recent years, there's been more of a push to remove the stigma on male femininity. It's just lagging behind because there wasn't as much of a need for a movement of male social liberation to drive those changes.

Fair point, and I'll back away from my statement.

JKR specifically uses this "poor tomboy girls who want to wear pants are being told they are transgender and we're losing women to this idea" bullshit in her writings

Jaxyon fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Apr 8, 2022

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

Victar posted:

https://womenssportspolicy.org/

A quote from their website is, "Girls’/Women’s Competitive Sport Needs Safeguards and Trans Girls/Women Need to be Included with Appropriate Conditions."

I don't know enough about this group to endorse them, but I do think their perspective is worth investigating.

From their "About us"

quote:

Our Mission

Our mission is to affirm the legal permissibility of separate girls’ and women’s competitive sport teams while including all trans girls and trans women under the girls’ and women’s sports umbrella. We reject both the effort to exclude trans girls and trans women from girls’ and women’s sport and the effort to disadvantage females by forcing them to compete against some trans athletes with male sex-linked physical advantages. There is a middle way.

This is simply a polite wording of the same argument that people tend to make about transgender athletes everywhere else. That transgender women will have advantages that are undeniable especially if they went through male puberty and this will displace cisgender women unfairly.

quote:

Transgender athletes are rare. Aren’t there so few trans girls and women that we should just make an exception and let them in based on their gender identity?

Just one or two trans girls who are decent athletes will displace a lot of females.

For example, in Connecticut, just two trans girls in one sport over three and a half years deprived female student-athletes of at least 235 opportunities in high level competition.

This is all bullshit.

Elsewhere the site says it's becoming increasingly clear that male puberty gives advantages that don't go away with HRT, which is the standard argument you'll see everywhere else. That "people who have been through male puberty hold permanent and clear advantages". But again, not actually linking to that preponderance of evidence.

The site also makes reference to "biological males" and "biological females", a largely meaningless term from a scientific standpoint, while trying to argue it's coming from science.

In short, it's a churched up "real women are losing their spot unfairly" with a nice website.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

Just Chamber posted:

While people who went through male puberty will of course have the strength advantages etc over those who went through female puberty what I'm curious about is has there been studies that show that HRT completely eradicates the advantageous male biology like higher bone density to the point a trans woman is on an equal playing field than a cis woman?

There was already a study posted in this thread that studies that.

mobby_6kl posted:

I've seen transphobes cite this article as proof that trans people shouldn't be allowed in sport https://bjsm.bmj.com/content/55/11/577.full?ijkey=yjlCzZVZFRDZzHz&keytype=ref

but it actually shows that there's no advantage in performance after just 1-2 years of treatment except for running, which declined and might further decline with time.

Obviously that's one study, more are needed.

Bone mass density is kind of a canard. If you think it matters, you're going to have to start banning black women from women's sports too.

Jaxyon fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Apr 8, 2022

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
While yes I agree there's a lot of crossover in transphobia and racism, it underscores an important point.

People bring up bone density and other poo poo up all the time in these discussions and almost all of the people doing so have no clue what they're talking about.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

So that's a solid "no" on providing any support for your transphobic bullshit?

Shocking.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

Koos Group posted:

I would not like to foster that, which is why if someone refuses to provide evidence when challenged with counter-evidence, they'll be probed for bad faith. I've also thought about instituting a rule where controversial statements of fact need to be backed up in the same post in threads where it's called for, but that does preclude discussion that comes from refuting common unsupported statements. So there is some trade-off. The rule would also apply to everyone equally, of course.

So far the moderation of this thread has allowed several transphobes a bunch of replies and the freedom to harass half a dozen posters before being ejected, while piling probes on the people upset by that.

And it's not as if you cant read between the lines on what is being said by "polite" posters because the "mods eat poo poo" thread was tanked immediately, despite being worded very reasonably.

You literally didnt even probate the idiot for blatant racism earlier. This is a loving joke, Koos.

Jaxyon fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Apr 9, 2022

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
Positions that are not moderated:

- transgender people are a threat to sports
- only trans people care about trans issues
- black people are bred for athletics, all successful black athletes come from slave systems
- black people have inferior intellect

Positions that are moderated:

- tone
- moderator fecal intake

Actions speak, odd how things that hurt people in already marginalized groups are more permitted

Jaxyon fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Apr 9, 2022

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

Koos Group posted:

Well, if the response is this strong I don't have a choice but to reexamine the policy, since I'm a believer in listening to community feedback. And discouraging people from posting in D&D because of who they are, or having tiresome arguments that are played out as you say the examples would be, are the opposite of what I want.

"If you have 11 people sitting at a table with a nazi, you have 12 nazis"

By allowing polite bigots equal footing with their victims you have created an unsafe space for everyone bit the bigots.

I have seen facebook shitposting groups handle this better than you.

As someone else pointed out, it appears you're learning the paradox of tolerance in real time In this thread.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

moonmazed posted:

this malicious compliance modding bit is getting unbelievably old

If this is a bit, done on the backs of transgender goons, I am going to raise hell.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

Fritz the Horse posted:

I don't think the OP's intention was ever for this to be an actual debate thread. As pointed out, there is really only one answer and by setting it up as a yes/no debate we invite bigots to poo poo up the thread. Having it just be a discussion thread would still allow and encourage people engaging in good faith who want to learn about issues--LionArcher would be a good example.

You're right, this isn't a debate. I have a bunch of citations that I was prepared to bust out if needed, but literally nobody ever got even close to that level. I already stated earlier in the thread what my intention was:

Jaxyon posted:

My hope was that this thread would involve people making misguided but at least vaguely logical arguments against, and then getting disproven with the science.

I also hoped that a couple of transphobes would out themselves, and then get instantly nuked from orbit for that bullshit.

However what actually happened was a failure of moderation on a scale that I never imagined and is honestly embarrassing and disturbing. Any other decent forum on the internet this transphobic poo poo is a permaban or as other places call it "an IP ban" because nobody does temporary bans on bigots but this place.

And so help me if I get a probation for posting a thread that turned into a honeypot while the bigots get to come back and post I will lose my poo poo.

"black people are bred for athletics" and the guy gets 3 days for "discussion practices". THREE DAYS. DISCUSSION PRACTICES.

Get your loving poo poo together mod team.

gently caress

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
oh i just looked at trollogist's rap sheet what in the actual gently caress is wrong with this forum

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

Booourns posted:

Instead of doing any of this just permaban the transphobes please

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

Victar posted:

When I browsed Caster Semenya's Wikipedia entry, I learned that is that she is an intersex woman. She was born without a womb, and instead of ovaries, she has internal testes that naturally give her much more testosterone that other women have. She tried to take testosterone suppressants in accordance with the Olympic guidelines, and couldn't stay on them because they made her feel really sick.

She is unquestionably a woman; she was assigned female at birth, has lived her whole life as a woman, and identifies as a woman (a quote from her is "I am a woman and I am fast.") The Olympic guidelines are unfair to her, especially since other people who naturally have exceptional physical gifts get a pass, notably Phelps. The guidelines probably were made expressly to target her, with the side effect of setting an arbitrary requirement for trans women to compete.

I have no idea what better Olympic guidelines would be, though. I'm not an expert in any of this stuff.

Semenya has one condition of increased testosterone. There's other conditions in women that also increase T, and they're not banned under the ruling. The rules target some intersex women, and that's it.

There's people with genetic abnormalities that basically give them free blood doping, they're allowed to compete. Of course, they're men.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

Gentleman Baller posted:

So the argument isn't exactly that high testosterone itself should be banned, but that it appears that specifically in the events that Caster Semenya excelled at (plus the ones she could easily train to excel at), there seems to be a 1700 fold overrepresentation of people with XY DSD at the podium. A reduction in hormone levels would presumably bring that down.

We know the argument isn't that high-T should be banned, because they didn't ban other conditions that result in it.

They just banned this one.

Why?