Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

CharlestheHammer posted:

The lions are completely correct in not trying to win now. They were 3-13. There is no amount of trades FA signings that’s gonna get them to a winning record

What does that guy want them to do

The time is right for them to make a big splashy trade. Offload Jared Goff for Super Bowl winning QB Matthew Stafford and become instant competitors. It worked for the Rams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

Hot Diggity! posted:

Rodgers actually got a ring when the Bucks won it all last season because he has an ownership stake in the Bucks.

I think it's nice that they gave him a participation trophy since he's had such a hard time in the playoffs :3:

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

Big Beef City posted:

He was also sitting courtside with the owners daughter who's famous for being an insta model and very, very wealthy, as well as saying she wants to own the Knicks one day as well.

So he might be getting a larger share someday.

Something tells me this will somehow fail to pan out
:thunk:

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

Sataere posted:

I'm trying to figure out how I feel about this. I don't care about the donuts because we've all done it. The kid in the car gives me pause, but it isn't like he was doing it in the snow, so how reckless was it really?

But doing donuts in an empty snowy parking lot isn't really dangerous unless you're in a very top-heavy car and are going really fast. :confused: If anything it's probably less dangerous because you don't need to go fast at all, and less destructive because it doesn't burn the asphalt

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

The spirit of Slick Rick Spielman lives on

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

That guy's got a PhD, so I'm sure he'll be fine

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

They should play the game in Lindisfarne imo

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

SirPablo posted:

Does Spielman still work there?

Judging entirely by their draft day trades, I'm going to say yes

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

SirPablo posted:

All of Wisconsin is horrible.

:hmmyes:

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

Forrest on Fire posted:

Justin doesn't need to be taking tips from some scab backup. gently caress Trevor Siemian.

What makes Siemian a scab?

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

lol that's dumb as hell. And also he sucks at football!

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Jordan Love is going to be waiting a long time.

Because Rodgers is basically broke now that crypto crashed?

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

Dubious posted:

i highly, highly doubt rodgers is broke from the crypto crash

Yeah, the meme stocks and right wing social media platforms he backed also played a part

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

Hot Diggity! posted:

Apparently there's an incomprehensible NFT / Cryto thing going on at the Vikings' bird killing dome

https://twitter.com/NFTbark/status/1527667219227877379

The stupid boy mayor is there too. Just the worst people gathering for stupidest reasons

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

Redeye Flight posted:

Yeah, the change in coaching staff is the big one. Different thinking and scheming could probably get a lot more out of the Vikings' deadly weapons.

As for the others, the Timberwolves have actually made noise for the first time in like a decade, the Wild have some hot new young talent that they can almost certainly hold onto through the impending dead cap squeeze they're going to hit, and the Twins are a Functioning Baseball Team, which is more than enough to top the AL Central, and actually seem like they're having fun and getting good chemistry. I was more enthusiastic about all of these things before the T-wolves and Wild got knocked out within a month of each other, but, that's Minnesota Sports.

If the Twins can win a single playoff game it will be a successful season

:smith:

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

MoaM posted:

It's Waiting for Godot with that dude.

Hell, have you seen him in the pocket? It's Waiting for the Throw

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

I'm "TIT BIT NIPPLY".

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

Booger McFarland achieves his final form

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

Last night I had a dream that the Vikings were 13-3 and playing in the playoffs, and when they received a punt in the 4th quarter of a close game, the returner just caught the ball and punted it back to the other team. I absolutely believe they could blow a playoff game in this way

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

Definitely Rodgers. Kirk doesn't get invited to Halloween parties, which account for 99% of our nation's blackface incidents

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

My impression has always been that he was a vaguely liberal, relatively thoughtful guy who was told he was smart one too many times and turned libertarian in the last few years.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

Hot Diggity! posted:

Genuinely curious here - what Trump support?

In late 2020/early 2021 he liked a few tweets saying the election was stolen iirc

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

There was definitely one that he liked himself from Rand Paul or somebody like that. It's possible that he didn't really understand what Rand Paul was saying but uh that doesn't reflect well on him either

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

She had two on for Hard Knocks, a set of dog tags and a gold '111' necklace.

Were they 1s, or Roman numerals? If it's the latter it could be a three-percenter thing. I doubt they'd actually be members or whatever but the bumper stickers and other merch are alarmingly popular among conservatives. And, ya know, rich blonde Michiganders...

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

gaj70 posted:

LOL @ seriously analyzing a player's parent's jewelry choices.

Relax, I didn't even watch the episode. Someone else said it was "interesting" with a wink and I thought this was what they saw/meant

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

GNU Order posted:

I was looking up something totally unrelated and I accidentally looked at a list of the Bears coaching history and saw the OC's. Big mistake because now I feel like poo poo and my day is ruined. Here it is for your viewing pleasure

2020-2021: Bill Lazor
2018-2019: Mark Helfrich
2016-2017: Dowell Loggains
2015: Adam Gase
2013-2014: Aaron Kromer
2012: Mike Tice
2010-2011: Mike Martz
2005-2009: Ron Turner
2004: Terry Shea
2001-2003: John Shoop

who do you like in here

The Bears offense is consistently so innovative and high flying that their OC's always get poached by other teams with head coaching vacancies after a single year on the job, I have to assume

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

Yeah I can believe it's getting worse. There are a lot of Wisconsinites in Minnesota and virtually every one I've met in the last couple years has brought up the fact that all the young/liberal/educated people they know have been leaving in droves, that they could never move back, that their hometowns are unrecognizable now, etc. This has all been unprompted and within a few minutes of us meeting for the first time. Not necessarily saying their impression is objectively true but it's definitely a pattern of attitudes being expressed.

Cognac McCarthy fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Aug 26, 2022

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

I believe the Vikings are going to win the super bowl this year

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

Ramiz Ahmed got cut, so it looks like Crosby will be kicking Week 1.

Riz Ahmed is a really versatile talent but "NFL kicker" may have been a stretch even for him

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

Make it so the words fly into the guys' kneecaps instead of their chests

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

This guy rocks

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

Why would they throw twice with one yard to gain and the game on the line? The Packers had been running all over the Vikings all game, and then they go with an empty backfield on 4th and 1?

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

The Vikings offense is real good and holding them to 23 points is probably pretty hard, especially with no tape on the new system

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

Ope!
https://twitter.com/CoxSports1/status/1569360287140036608

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/1569477014892978177

Za'Darius Smith had such a good game. The hit on AJ Dillon on the strip-sack in the 3rd quarter was nasty but it looked like it might also have blown the whole play up, if Dillon was supposed to run out as a safety valve on the play.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

R.D. Mangles posted:

tell mike martz i said "gently caress you"

I finally watched the video of him talking about Fields and Lance. Why does he look and sound like Steven Seagal?

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I think just by the huge sample size of Bears QBs, one of them probably did a crimes.txt

For most of them, the crime was against the game of football

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

Shrimpy posted:

Some network is going to give him a summer game show.

Yeah, OAN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

Vikings/Lions is going to be like 45-48 and i think the Lions will win it