Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

gay for gacha posted:

If housing never becomes affordable are non-homeowners supposed to either deal with rising rent or move to some poo poo box small town away from job centers?

no one has thought beyond “more money for me now”

we will find out what happens in ten years when critical mass has been reached and not a single second beforehand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

sorry bud

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

19 o'clock posted:

can't wait for them to streamline the process even more with scrip tokens to be used at the company store prize redemption center!

you can choose TWO food items from the bottom shelf

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

mastershakeman posted:

gary, indiana

Lake Charles is nice this time of year I’m told

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

Ornery and Hornery posted:

thinking pervert poo poo - living with economic security due to a stable housing situation 😈

dangerously horny for these forums

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

for someone as pedantic as you are, you’d think you’d know the difference between jealousy and envy.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

from the minds that brought you

Nothus posted:

no, more landlords please!

comes new, all natural

Oops! All landlords!

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

Mr president, a second air b-n-b has hit the towers

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

i say swears online posted:

wonder if the neighbors are nice

what’s it matter? they’re half a mile away at best

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

Bar Ran Dun posted:

awaiting pfc rabid posting

how will we tell the difference?

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

Twerk from Home posted:

Jesus Christ that really is a full blown Victorian mansion. They couldn't afford it even without the bats, I'm picking up from the post.

it sounds like they have a plot of land they moved from that’s in a really nice place and they could sell it, remediate the bat problem and have like $100k left to blow

gently caress them

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Didn't you hear? If you don't like what housing costs in the city, just move to a low cost of living area.

florida is real hot right now

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

there is so much happening in these images

check out the replies for some excellent gutter work

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

Where the gently caress is Dillard. I thought the point of the south was that it’s cheap

Dillard is near Rabun Gap which is a gentrified rich people mountain home spot. it is also the location of a relatively expensive private boarding school. Travel 30 minutes in any direction and the prices will plummet.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

lmao half the house is missing

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

dude, it's small and manageable, and given the world, a decent price.

genuine congratulations

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

Crusty Nutsack posted:

blue his house

with a blue little window

I assume that without that riser the larger staircase would be too steep to climb because lmao why else would you build a speed bump into your house

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

Cold on a Cob posted:

my understanding is strictly speaking a road is just a general term that includes street, avenue, boulevard, drive, way, etc so yeah the strong towns people misused it but there isn't really a good way to split lovely street/avenues from non-lovely ones using existing terms

I think the guy who coined it says that streets have business that open directly onto them, not into a parking lot or something else, think like in a downtown environment. they mix pedestrians, traffic, and businesses into a “common” space.

roads are purely for automotive transportation, mostly just expanding the network, linking to neighborhoods (suburbs) and other towns or cities.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

they’re definitely better than T-intersections and arguably better than 4-way stops (because Americans can’t share and so cannot navigate them properly) but the number of times I’ve been going 3/4 the way around a roundabout and the person halfway across from me decides to just say “gently caress it” and attempt to merge their vehicle’s matter with my own is far too high.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Behold this roundabout with bus stops between the two traffic lanes

https://maps.app.goo.gl/ruZFV4A7DxwCjr3z9?g_st=im

relative to the size of roundabouts here that’s massive. ours are maybe a quarter of the size. (yes this does mean it looks like cars are constantly about to roll over with how fast some people take them.)

e:

it’s barely bigger than the T intersection that used to exist before they built the neighborhood up top, and it’s basically the same size as the 4-way that would exist there.

Red Baron has issued a correction as of 18:58 on Sep 21, 2023

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

I live in a normal house, not a cave

fuckin haunted rear end house

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007