Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

close up painting, vampire, sci-fi armor, purple smoke hair, beautiful, stern face, gorgeous, face visible, scars, eyeliner, cinematic lighting, eva suit, wallpaper, extremely detailed, sharp focus, by Greg Rutkowski and [[[WLOP]]], intricate, beautiful, award winning, Trending on artstation, pixiv

Which got me

Which tweaking and keeping the seed also got me

Weird how SD assumes the subject's gender. Problematic.

Adding "male" to your prompt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Bottom Liner posted:

the more pressing issue is that literally all of these default to white unless you use certain language that is uh, not great.

Eeeeh, the last one could be interpreted as being asian at least, but yeah, you're not wrong.

But phew, at least it is not actively ignoring color of skin when properly prompted, so ... yaaaaay?

And it looks the coolest, so maybe the AI is trying to make up for its inherent caucasian bias.

As someone who can't draw/paint at all, this poo poo is blowing my mind.
No one is ever going to hire someone to do an album cover ever again, are they?

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Aug 31, 2022

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Any idea why the local SD installation sometimes overwrites the existing output file when you go back and do an iteration with slight differences?

Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't and I can't figure out what triggers it.
The output files are numbered, 00000.png counting up and sometimes it just hops back a couple of digits and starts overwriting.

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Aug 31, 2022

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Can we, as a self-imposed, unenforced rule, try to add some basic info to the image posts?

Just the name (or a short tag) for the engine and the prompt that were used?
I think that would be helpful to figure out how certain keywords affect the output.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Bula Vinaka posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9hlfc16qg0&t=565s

I think the artist probably put in a bunch of prompts, took a bunch of results, and collaged them together. But still, he didn't actually draw or paint anything himself. I don't think. Anyway, yeah I guess AI art is going to get banned from stuff like this.

This is a new medium. It may not be other artists' medium of choice, but it is a tool to turn ideas into images and, yes, ultimately, art.

Everyone can take a paint brush and splash paint on a canvas like Pollock did - or in a way that resembles his work.

Why is his work considered art and mine most likely wouldn't be?
Did he control every single random splash to get the exact outcome he intended?

Where do you draw the line between randomness and intent when it comes to art?

Is reproducibility an issue? Warhol used screen printing to mass produce his art. It was part of his process.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Lord Stimperor posted:

Also turns out that Stable Diffusion is absolutely not opposed to drawing, uh, tasteful act portraits for, uh, scholarly pursuits

It also does not shy away from adding the occasional surprise third boob (clothed or otherwise), completely unprompted.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Found this excellent SD prompt and messed around with it, I think its output is insanely good.

Replace subject and add attributes like muscular, athletic, obese as needed.

Obese (with everything else unchanged) gave me a fully nude output though. Weird.

detailed photo of an old bronze patina statue of beautiful lara croft, full body portrait, photorealism, intricate detail, museum diffuse lighting -C 10 -H768

Throwing in Jackman's Wolverine for good measure:

Seems like SD is really good at anatomy.
Well, most of the time.
(Do I need to NSFW this?)

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

TheWorldsaStage posted:

I enjoy that SD knew Logan needed daisy dukes

Then you'll probably love this:
:nws:

I noticed that with a lot of characters (this one, Deadpool, for instance), their color scheme completely overrides the "bronze patina" parameter. How can I put emphasis on that particular part? I tried adding opening/closing parentheses, but that didn't do anything. All Hulks came out green, and not bronze patina green.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Here's a handy guide on artists' styles for SD.
Thanks, concerned artist!

https://twitter.com/arvalis/status/1558632898336501761

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

quote:

*Celebrity name*, as hulk, digital painting, artstation, concept art, smooth, sharp focus, illustration, art by artgerm and donato giancola and Joseph Christian Leyendecker, Ross Tran, WLOP -H704 -C 10

is a source of endless joy.

Caveat warning: The output for female celebrities gets quite horny pretty quick.

Complete Gallery with highlights - possibly :nws: - here. I'll probably keep updating the gallery until I get bored.

Edit: Got a bit carried away, 2 hours later its 50+ images and counting :lol:

You wouldn't like them when they're angry.

Tatiana Maslany lol

And finally, just to make sure I'm going to hell.

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Sep 14, 2022

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Day 3, still not tired of creating celebrities hulking out.

I added about new 50 images since my last post.

Updated gallery here, including:

Danny Trejo

Robert de Niro

and guest starring, Bruce Willis as Thanos

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

I have been using the Lstein repo and I have hardly any trouble with extra faces when generating 512x704 images and using the built in upscaler - both 2x and 4x look very clean (2070S 8GB).

It has a web UI as well, but I hardly ever bother, I'm mostly feeding text files with a list of prompts and variations to the CLI.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Am I understanding this correctly, k_euler(_a) is the only of the current sampling methods which will not be able to reproduce a previous prompt when providing the exact seed number?

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Rutibex posted:

"pinup girl, large feet, made of yogurt"

You had to go there, didn't you?

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Found a limited time offer for canvas prints, 35" x 23.6" for $22.
Helloooo Etsy!
Or everyone I know will get "unique AI art" for the next 5 christmases.

Really tempted to see how this would look printed and if it manages to keep the vibrant colors.

Edit: Oh poo poo, I only just noticed, probably not exactly this one. :pedo:

("Cyberpunk Red Light District")

"PICE"
"PID ULT"

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Sep 27, 2022

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

WhiteHowler posted:

And I haven't even gone into GIMP yet to try to fix the character's eye and smooth out the masking around her face.

IMHO that's also part of the fun (and "creative process", if you will) - fixing up stuff, "frankensteining" parts from different variations into a satisfying composition etc.
I know I am getting a lot of practice and experience from futzing with my output.

I feel "artists" who huff and puff over it don't really understand what it has to offer, especially to people who are not gifted with the manual skillset, but now have a tool to express their imagination.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

"LICFCKE"

"Party's over, the po-po is here."

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Sep 27, 2022

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

My main dreamlog.txt file, which stores all prompts along with the corresponding seed# and output filename is just a couple of bytes shy of 3 MB and contains 7931 lines. It has been created 11 days ago.

:smithicide:

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Training your own models in the cloud for as little as $0.30 per hour (that's about one prompt "term", depending on complexity).

Get yourself, your mom, dad, girlfriend/boyfriend, dog, archnemesis into your images.

Mind: boggled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7m__xadX0z0

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

I hope someone can find a way around the problem with extra anatomy on images with certain aspect ratios or exceeding the resolution threshold by too much.

Sucks that most repos now can handle 1024x768 with 8 GB of VRAM, but even invoking negative prompts to avoid deformities and additional body parts just stacks on extra heads 9 out of 10 times or creates abominations that would make Cronenberg break down in horror. Bummer.

Exceeding 576x768 seems to be where it'll start to get weird quite more often.

Or are there any workarounds for this?

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

(removed)

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Apr 19, 2023

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Gotta say, not a big fan of the 1.5 model. I often use high cfg values (16 usually) and 100 steps for realistic and detailed facial features/textures and the outcomes across the board are way less convincing/aesthetically pleasing than with 1.4 (same prompts and seeds).

Meh. Backup all your model files.
I just hope all the different clients will keep backward compatibility going forward.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

I'm using the InvokeAI WebUI and they posted an announcement video for their upcoming 2.2 release.

I'm not following other WebUIs that closely and the InvokeAI guys are in general a bit slower with their release/feature cycles, so maybe this is old news and boring, but this giant canvas thing looks neat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIYBfDtKaus

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

AARD VARKMAN posted:

I've been using my apple pencil a lot more recently drawing stuff to throw at the AI so I can get ideas across that it struggles with. Also been doing ridiculous hack Photoshop jobs using MSPaint. It would definitely be easier if I were actually good at either of those things

I am using AI images to teach myself photo retouching. The fact that so many details are hosed up is great for giving you little things to practice on. Fixing up eyes, teeth, fingers and removing the occasional extra limb are great exercises.

I am using Affinity Photo though and not MSPaint. Highly recommended if you don't want to spend buckloads of $$$ on Adobe (even if the recently released v2.0 came with a minor price hike, I'm still on v1.x though, good enough for me).

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Mozi posted:

Photoshop Elements 2022 (and Premier) is on sale on woot.com today for 67 bucks as well. Disc version, no Cloud BS.

Again, before anyone spends that much on a feature limited lite version of PS, take the free trial version of Affinity Photo for a spin. I may sound like a shill, but it's really powerful and comprehensive, with tons of tutorials available on YT.
It's been on sale for 50% off lots of times from the developers in the past (I paid 24,95 for my v1.x licence back then).

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Kharmakazy posted:

CHOOSE YOUR JOHN HENRY TO FIGHT THE STEAM POWERED AI ART MACHINE

So we meet again, Judohobo. It has been a while.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Rutibex posted:

You can also find various kind of stable diffusion around, and its quite nice too. But thats high nerd stuff with like special java versions and all kind of annoying things

The more popular installations of Stable Diffusion, namely Automatic1111 and InvokeAI come with one-click install scripts that do all the annoying nerdy things for you.

Sure, if for some obscure reason something breaks on your very specific computer config you're hosed if you're not technically inclined (or can't muster the patience to read through a page of troubleshooting advice or search for a step-by-step video tutorial on YT outlining possible pitfalls), but setting up SD@home is (or can be) a very painless endeavor.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

NSFW that butthole pls.

Edit: was phoneposting and edited in the wrong image(s), my bad.

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Dec 8, 2022

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Someone made an add-on for Blender that uses SD to texture 3D-models (whole scenes, actually).
Pretty cool for LOD models/textures or prototyping.

https://i.imgur.com/xkQW2fY.mp4

Link to reddit post with more information from the OP.

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Dec 15, 2022

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Invoke AI has put up a new timelapse video featuring their unified canvas, it's a fun watch and gives a good impression on how it manages to set up large and consistent images.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmOUl8Gab5U

Oh, there's an actual part 1 as well, I thought this was a continuation of their release video.

Edit: Quick image made with the 2.5 canva, just testing some of the inpainting/outpainting features and fiddling with the seam correction sliders to get a feel for how it works.

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Jan 2, 2023

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

This is like a Bob Ross matinee for me. I love watching this poo poo.

They also snuck in an announcement for some big news coming for InvokeAI in the end.
Probably SD 2.x support.
Or their Nodes based workflow, which has had its placeholder in the WebUI since v2.5(?).
Either way, check out InvokeAI, y'all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_rRQeee6-0

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

The more I'm playing around with masking and inpainting, the more I'm jonesing for a 4090. Especially since for the final touches, I found that upscaling an image and then using the result in the unified canvas to in-paint a better quality high-resolution face in.

Much better than rendering something first at a feasible resolution and just running GPFGAN and upscaling. Means that the bounding box/mask for a face can easily be 1000x1000 pixels, which is now taking so long on a 2070S/8GB that it's starting to bother me.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

pixaal posted:

Oh I'm not calling them slam dunks I'm saying they'd have at least some chance of not being laughed out of the court.

Both of your examples are public domain though? They would not even be laughed out of court, they would not even be enter to go near one if they based their claims on that

Not a lawyer, feel free to correct me.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

deep dish peat moss posted:

"AI steals real artists' work!"

Am I the only one finding it ironic that many "real artists" who - sometimes exclusively - publish fanart of widely popular intellectual properties (admittedly pretty great art, from an artisinal standpoint, don't get me wrong), are the most vocal about "AI being theft"?

I would wager that within a year, the majority of (digital) artists will be using AI to create concepts/assets they will manually refine , without batting an eye or even remembering that they huffed and puffed about it today.

This one caught my eye and gave me a good chuckle.

"Beep boop, no humans are involved in AI generated art, just us computers, beep boop!"

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Ooh, I got some movie stills as well, from a never released 70's prequel to "The Shining".

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

AARD VARKMAN posted:

It's like an entirely fun new sandbox with how intuitive it is, I can't wait for full photoshop-level capabilities to eventually be available with this, there's a lot of little stuff I'd like to do with basic image manipulation between generations. But even the masking + outpainting/inpainting combo is a blast.

In case you haven't tried, unified canvas fully works with the clipboard. So nothing is stopping you from right-clicking and copying your canvas image at full size, pasting it into Photoshop/Affinity Photo/whatever, do some fine tuning or collaging (especially useful for img2img), copy flattened and paste it back into the canvas.

Speeds up things nicely. If you want to make a snapshot, just save the canvas or just your bounding box to your gallery.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Someone asked me if I could make them a character portrait for their upcoming D&D campaign and it still amazes me that with three short lines of text (and a style and negative prompt that I basically keep on file) I can get a dozen variations of this in under 5 minutes.

They were so happy with the result and it took next to no effort.
I like making people happy.

Even the unintended/unprompted outcomes were amazing in their own way.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Some cyberpunk-y characters.
Including "movie poster" in the prompt did a lot of heavy lifting for the second one.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Doctor Zero posted:

Dang. What did you use for that?

InvokeAI + Protogen_X 3.4 checkpoint model and a second pass with just using inpainting on the faces after 4x upscaling the original 576x768 image.

I found that helps way better with face wonkyness than face restoration and adds a lot of detail and skin texture (which upscaling usually smoothes out way too much)

Megazver posted:

Looks like one of the Protogen models.

Yep. I found that once you use that, it's really rough to go back to SD 1.x.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Cabbages and Kings posted:

do you just mean vanilla 1.x? Isn't Protogen itself built off 1.5, not 2.x?

Yes, plain 1.4/1.5.