Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008

Data Graham posted:

One wonders how a supervillain gets that way

Like at one time they must have been a normal kid, with normal hopes and dreams

Somewhere deep down, they must still believe they are just some guy

Musk had been told all his life by his mother that he is an exceptional genius who can do no wrong, he's been surrounded by servants and sycophants forever, and grew up in a country where the colour of his skin made him think he's superior to most of the population.

He's Never thought I'd himself as ordinary or the little guy

Renfield fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Feb 15, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008
It's more like, you want to give the patient something to stimulate their immune system so you give them a medicine that causes the symptoms diluted and shaken millions of times.
This supposedly works because water has a memory that is activated by the shaking and so you get the effect on the immune system recorded in the water with no actual harmful effects....

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008

raifield posted:

The velociraptor isn't in Dinopark Tycoon, therefore it is not a real dinosaur. Case closed.

The velociraptor isn't a real dinosaur, they put it in the film as the smaller raptors didn't look scary enough.
Then the Utahraptor was discovered, which is about the same size as the made up one

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008
Yeah, those are the little ones, the velociraptor in the movies is a Utahraptor before it was discovered

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008
Just follow Jorts and Fishtober on Instagram and you'll never be short of cats

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008

Nice Van My Man posted:

And I think the mission you get for her was murdering her boyfriend (or covering up the murder? I forget).

The character is Lizzy Wizzy - a singer who has had her entire body replaced with cybernetics and is descending into cyberpsychosis. She kills her manager and you're given the option of covering it up.

It's the most wooden, uninspiring performance I've ever witnessed in a video game, even taking into account she's meant to be mostly-robot.
I just walked away from the quest as I had better things to do in game than listen to painfully bad dialogue.

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008

snoremac posted:

I'm curious where he got the idea that armies will "pretend to attack" to lull the enemy into a state of unreadiness for the real attack. I don't know much about war but that does not sound like a thing. There is feinting to distract the enemy from your intended target but that's not the same thing.

It's probably the Atomic attack on Hiroshima, where the USAF flew recon flights over the city daily so the people where used to being overflown.

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008

kdrudy posted:

It's funny to think we were all willing to give our payment details to Lowtax but we find Elon less trustworthy than him.

Someone like Lowtax could have faced consequences for misusing data.

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008
It was around that time, but it was a bodyguard for his and Grimes' first kid getting paranoid and attacking a driver at a gas station miles away from his plane.

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008
I wonder what happened to that Mars probe where they used imperial units..... Oh

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008
The thing that Tesla makes money on is carbon credits, not the cars

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008

BalloonFish posted:

So if it's a 'genocide of the future' to limit (either by individuals making personal choices relating to conditions or top-down government policy to prevent shortages or social collapse) then Elon must be really keen on ideas and systems that ensure that all humans, however many of them there are, get at least a basic share of our world's resources, wealth and opportunities, right?

Because otherwise he's saying that he'd be quite happy for an unlimited number of people to be in the world, all living like those people in the slums of Delhi. Because equitable distribution of resources based on essential human rights is evil (communism!!!) and people not being born is evil (genocide of the future). Could it be - could it be - that Elon is in favour of a world where nearly everyone lives in immiserating poverty while serving a tiny class of rich, white South Africans?

Concerning. !! Wow!

There's a thing the rich subscribe to called "Effective Altruism" which, on the surface appears to be a way of spending money in the most effective way to do the most good.
But, dig a bit further and it includes all Future People as well.
So, investing in AI and Space and by coincidence giving a lot of money to tech-bros is the best, as it'll help the as-yet unborn trillions of humans to come. This also means that anything you do to actually help people here-and-now is a waste of resources.

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008

redshirt posted:

Can't figure out how "house arrest" means "Can grift freely on the World Wide Web"

He was under house arrest after being released form prison, now he's just on police bail. They must be convinced they found all his passports...

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008

Ghostlight posted:

fact check: he's had eleven children. he only has ten right now because one of them died in his arms and that's why he'll never let alex jones back on twitter

The childs mothers arms.

He lies about Everything.

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008

kiwid posted:

continuance of civilization = wage slave

right?

I think on this case it's White People must have kids, even if they're gay .. to continue White civilisation

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008

PhazonLink posted:

why is he using an ai pic? it doesnt have his hair plugs hairline, his hosed up shaggy facial hair, his semi melty plastic surgery/probably drug/lovely diet face, the eyes/ stare doesnt look soulless/drugged out of his mind enough

It's the cover of his biography that Amazon have decided I should be interested in, so it'll already be photoshopped to hell and back but he thinks he can improve it on a phone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008
Isn't the 50 billion number misleading ?

I thought I read in one of these threads that he wanted 25% of the company so that the board couldn't get rid of / overrule him, and the shares in the package give him that.