Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

elon is just really good at spinning plates

elon is good at distracting idiots from the literal countless plates he's dropped

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

its all nice on rice posted:

If they really want to let me drive a car like a plane, they'll let me steer with my feet.

if they truly wanted to let you drive a car like a plane the steering wheel would be off to the side like the 737 tiller:

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

The Bloop posted:

Multi-track Grifting

boring company is more like zero-track grifting

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

He's literally so loving stupid I genuinely don't understand how anyone doesn't see it. It's right there plain and simple.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

I've been in so many meetings where a dipshit leader will speak themselves into corners and commit to things that are literally impossible and those looks on the engineers are so damned familiar. Good lord I don't know how anyone genuinely believes anything Elon says, he's just making poo poo up on the spot.

My favorite example of this behavior was my old boss explaining to some safety reps from Transport Canada that his brilliant idea to help a passenger drone plummeting from the sky would be to put rockets that would fire to slow the vehicle down vertically when in a freefall situation.

The Transport Canada guys were... Less than impressed with the notion of having rockets on what was up-until-then being discussed as a consumer product.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

put nft profile picture support under a yearly subscription - those idiots will buy anything

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

what the gently caress even is the last page and a half of this thread

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Bad Purchase posted:

someone linked me to that story and told me it was funny. i listened to it and it wasn't that funny (or at least not funny enough for the amount of time it took to tell). i can save you some time if you want a summary:

teslas don't have a physical key, just a key fob. his key fob broke. not just ran out of batteries, but actually electronically malfunctioned somehow. he had his phone as a backup to unlock the car, but that requires both the phone and the car to have internet access because it authenticates with tesla instead of just doing it locally over bluetooth and exchanging a cryptographic key like a sane implementation would do.

he then parked in a parking garage with no cell signal and was completely unable to start his car because the car and phone could not reach the server. he could unlock it through a passive RFC or NFC thing in the key fob, but that wasn't enough to start the car and he couldn't even put it in tow mode. he had to track down a special tow truck that could put his car on a bed and also fit under the garage clearance, which was less than 7 feet. prior to that, he spent all day on the phone with tesla support and they couldn't do jack poo poo to fix it and basically told him he was out of luck.

if i remember right, he said he had a model S, so apparently the people who wrote that article with the caption that it's unclear which model he owns didn't listen to the thing either.

e: oh, realized i worded something wrong above, to clarify: the phone isn't just for unlocking, but also starting the car. you either need the fob or your phone + internet to start it. (you can unlock it with a non-working fob through the RFC thing, but can't start it that way apparently because??)

why doesn't he just grab the physical key and start the car with the key

they don't come with physical keys!?

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

"hey can you move my car for me?"
"yeah sure just pass me the keys"
"oh no i need you to download the app, and then log in using my credentials, then watch the 14 minute tutorial on how to open the door and how to shift the car into reverse hey where are you going?"

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

5 days in and he's already lost Catturd™
https://twitter.com/catturd2/status/1587805604818526210

drat homie

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Sentient Data posted:

The tesla app now requires twitter blue to log in or perform any actions

you wont care

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

retweet latest elon twett for access to Reverse-mode™ for 30 minutes

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

solve world hunger for the paltry 6 bil like you said you could and we'll be nicer

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

can't wait for 140px panel gaps to suddenly appear on the notifications tab

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Enron Twitter: The Smartest Guys in the Room by Bethany McLean, Peter Elkind

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

she almost died of malnutrition as well when toying with the idea of a diet that consisted of only spaghetti?

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

it's important to note that Elon Musk is profoundly stupid.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Ardemia posted:

Live footage of the remaining engineering infrastructure team:

https://twitter.com/PanasonicDX4500/status/1592017291838980096

Elon Huwel Howsering it up is surprisingly accurate

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Trillhouse posted:

leak all his dms first plz

god could you imagine the absolutely pathetic sniveling from everyone in his DMs? ugh

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

teen witch posted:

Wait Ronda Rousey is a SH denier? Jfc I thought I disliked her enough already

It's safe to assume most MMA athletes are profoundly stupid, in many different ways - the amount of pseudoscience peddled in dojos is staggering

still not as profoundly stupid as Elon is, but it's up there

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

lol talking about worker's rights against billionaires in the You Ess Ayy

lolol

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

temple posted:

44 billion dollar mid-life crisis

lets be honest he's in the last 10-15% of his life

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

y'all really need to stop believing this poo poo its kind of embarrassing

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Frank Frank posted:

At what point does Tesla’s board step in and do to Musk what Papa John’s did to Papa John?

unlike twitter employees who are held hostage via h1-b visas, the board of tesla are probably firmly willingly aboard the elon train til it runs out of track.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

love to have a 20 minute tech demo before being able to move the car out of the driveway

explain the key feature
explain the charging port
explain the door handles
explain the key position needing
explain dont drop the key down this gap between the centre console sections
explain parking brake
explain wipers
explain regen brakes
explain seat profiles
explain mirror adjustments
explain gear shifter
explain the beeps and boops
explain turn signal

literally all of these things are all different from the bog standard car in 2022.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

PhazonLink posted:

oh i never saw a full suit pic, lol its even more low effort, like just some sort of leather strap on plates on a black clothes base?

lol fuckin weak white lumpy thing ( that did diet drugs to slim down in since summer) to just fit in unbranded generic scifi channel demon armor instead of high effort cosplayer stuff like ironman suits that have some metal , a bunch of LEDs, cooling fans and gel packs, and moving parts.

yeah for like 7k or something

elon musk is profoundly stupid and equally as pathetic

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

BigglesSWE posted:

I’m honestly flabbergasted at how stupid he is at this point. He seriously proclaim and do things without a second of forethought.

He's profoundly stupid and equally as pathetic.

Any hanger-on to the cult of Elon Musk that you or any of us personally know should be ashamed, ridiculed, and outcast accordingly as anyone with half a loving braincell should see right through how loving stupid elon is.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Carwash oval office posted:

Interesting.....

I totally understand what this means, but please explain for someone who doesn't.

bumping cause i need to explain this to other people confidently because this is too loving funny

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Butterwagon posted:

Can someone explain this to me like I'm 5?

The value of bilking money out of green energy credits from tax payer money is infinitely more lucrative than the risk of creating anything of any tangible value.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

the only thing elon hates with a passion more than safety yellow is nuance

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

elon definitely uses tortillas as crust for his "pizzas"

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Serious_Cyclone posted:

Any way to know if Elon is dumping stock? My naive stonks brain can imagine his covering his margin calls immediately after the earnings report to hide his activity in a general downturn.

he said he wouldnt be selling more until 2024 but hes a serial grifter and liar so he probably is lmao

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Pastel Candy Snake posted:

A genuine question- would Tesla actually even perform better if Musk were stripped of his status as CEO, or is the company poisoned throughout? With Space X, at least I see some actual work and people in parts of the management chain that aren't complete loving idiots, so having him step down there feels like it matters. No idea if the same can even be said for Tesla, though.

If the real goal was to actually create automobiles that the public would want to use and adopt long term - they should've partnered up with Toyota around circa 2012 or so - given them the battery tech, allowed Toyota to design, manufacture, and support an EV class of car using Tesla's battery/motor tech and throw the rest away. Maybe allow Tesla as some small offshoot brand of enthusiast "super car" EV bullshittery on the side.

But no. Now we have cars that fart on command, explode, and need constant over the air software updates to ensure children aren't endlessly mowed down at every crosswalk.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

a fun casual reminder that that family is alive thanks to NHTSA safety requirements - if they weren't there those fuckers would all be so loving dead so quickly

Tesla's "safety" record being "so good" is from "avoiding accidents" - those people are still a live in spite of Tesla's safety stuff.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Drone_Fragger posted:

The apple mouse was designed to be unusable while charging because Steve jobs thought a wireless mouse that could be used while charging would inevitably to the user end up as a wired mouse (because people would find it easier to never unplug it) which he specifically did not want because of aesthetics and branding.

doesn't it also give you 3 weeks of use with 1 minute of charging?

there's a LOT to not like about apple and their walled garden bullshit - a charging port on a mouse is pretty loving low on the complaint list

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Happy 1000th page gbs elon thread love you lots

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

u wont care plz send me 60 dollars for a new username

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

how does anyone go into that game not knowing it's 100% pickle rich bitch shouting at you the entire time?

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Demon Of The Fall posted:

i've never seen rick and morty and never heard of this guy before a few days ago. :shrug:

holy poo poo this guy hasn't seen pickel rick before he'ss gonna flip his poo poo when he sees it its the funniest poo poo ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

concerning