Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

PhazonLink posted:

how is it that other legit multi million/billion dollar tech companies can have DM/PM leak without screenshotting them, but SA might have legit secure messages?

is it radium spaghetti code protecting us?

Security through obscurity, baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

lmao imagine the poo poo talking trump will do if twitter fails (truth is still failing but that doesn't matter, as long as someone else is loving up)

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Entropic posted:

I think the interesting question is, what is the next shiny jangling thing that will distract Elon and become his new obsession distracing him from Twitter?

I hope it is fentanyl

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

My annoyance with all this is that twitter was actually somewhat useful for extremely breaking news stories and following various journos and commentators. Now that it is devolved into a toxic hellhole (even moreso, that is) there’s no real replacement. It’s an almost impossible thing to replicate twitter at its peak usefulness with a combination of useful information and free cost.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Bad Purchase posted:

finally, it's snapchat's time to shine

Snapchat seems the least lovely option now tbh (I still have no interest in going there). But the company seems to be run by people who aren’t trying to destroy society at least.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Get your rear end to Mars, elon

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Azhais posted:

The people that know how to fix problems were fired, they only kept coders that commit their entire venv

Lmao. drat you .gitignore you cost me this job!!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

War. War never changes, for $8 a month

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Lmao what a goddamn baby

How do idiots like this get into positions of power

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Man I just can't imagine the potential security implications if you are inviting aggrieved ex-employees back who still have very little in the way of actual security. If they are given really generous contracts to come back maybe it would be ok but still, lol at what they could slip in there.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Man I really hope musk doesn’t show up on the revived futurama as a head in a jar (he definitely will)

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I was listening to the Opening Arguments podcast this morning and they were talking about how bad musk has tanked tesla’s stock to buy a lovely vastly overpriced company that he won’t be able to make the debt payments on and it is just amazing to have all the incredible fuckups laid out so succinctly.

Tesla stock is down more than 30% and almost surely there will be a big shareholder lawsuit to address musk’s dumbfuckery. It’s almost a completely own goal fuckup.

Oh and on top of all that they figure musk has probably shaved about $100billion off his net worth, lol.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Big Scary Owl posted:

I decided to try out Mastodon after hearing about it and I have no clue how it works

Lol yeah I’m relatively tech aware and I just read a blurb about it and think “god that sounds like a headache” and don’t bother with that.

I get all my social networking from these fine forums.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Blarghalt posted:

SA has everything, really. Stupid arguments, moronic clout chasing, and if I ever feel the need to see some slurs, I'll just look at the code

Just needs post like counters for that dopamine hit! (God I am kidding never ever add this)

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

What the over/under on number of female twitter execs that leon knocks up? I say the line is 2.5 and I take the over.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

davecrazy posted:

Can't wait till he starts doxxing people.

Imagine being one of his ex wives/girlfriends and realizing he's read all your DM's, even the deleted ones.

This is what I thought when thinking about trolling him, I didn’t have any DMs on there but my phone number was linked and in the million to one chance he decides to make my life hell, ugh no thanks.

I doubt I would hit on the perfect troll post to cause it but it could potentially happen where a billionaire doxxes me and sends his legion of brain damaged fans after me

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

gently caress him up Cody

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

aw frig aw dang it posted:

do it Elon. ban @jack

Banned for mod sass

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Party Ape posted:

Remember jack is the dumbass who kept his share of twitter rather than taking the vastly inflated buyout offer.

Freaks like Ellison and the saudis too but they are doing it to undermine western democracy and in that respect it’s a fuckin bargain for them

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Heath posted:

Probably so he could not be banned

Hmm new revenue idea for Jeffery: prepaid ban evasions

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

which Ellison are you talking about? Harland or Brett Easton?

No, Larry Ellison, the Oracle chud

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I had a joke for the other two. Now I'm at a loss

So many Ellisons! That Ellis got biz-ay!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

QuarkJets posted:

They have a huge division dedicated to trying to integrate 3d gaming into the platform, it's... not going well

They dumped $15 billion on that garbage in a year, lmao.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

DrPossum posted:

lol what did he do?

His second appearance as a bloated flatulent corpse

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Elon being CEO of 3 companies plus whatever he is at Twitter leads one to wonder - how much work do CEOs actually do

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

nexous posted:

Here is the helpful chart

loving assholes get to claim having lunch is doing business, lol.. Disgusting.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Zuck will be killed when his oculus crotch piece malfunctions and sucks all his bodily fluids out while he's having vr sex with his own avatar (still no legs tho)

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Is Ed Zitron a poster here? Show you are self!!

https://ez.substack.com/p/musks-kobayashi-maru

Kobyashi maru reference and a SA shoutout (and @Arr!). You been made!!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Missed this one but still a lol

https://twitter.com/disasterlaster/status/1589404424086355968

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

He wears a short skirt and a lonnnnnnnnnnnng jacket

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

goatface posted:

He should fist himself in the bum until he stops caring about material things and takes up monastic onanism.

:hmmyes: the true path to enlightenment!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Esther is the worst type of engineer quisling - old enough she should loving know better than to run interference for a lovely boss, possibly THE shittiest boss.

Just keep smiling and nodding and saying “on it boss” while you reach out to your industry contacts to gtfo asap

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Revins posted:

honestly doing more than sending rovers to and probes past/to orbit around mars to gather information, like we've been doing, is loving stupid. there's never going to be a human space colony because space is loving brutal and its approximately an eternity away to the nearest planet that could potentially maybe become habitable if we pour an endless amount of money into it

The combination of radiation, a low oxygen content habitat atmosphere and constant near starvation food level will result in the perfect brain damaged audience for musk’s lovely humour so I am surprised he isn’t in more of a rush to get there.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Durzel posted:

Is it not far more likely to be the case that she’s angling for a promotion to potentially a C-level position? The way she’s running interference for Elon - as you say - will no doubt mark her out as being a “strong team player”. At the moment she’s pretty much all he’s got in terms of internal support, it seems. Elon’s not going to fire someone who was photographed by a “colleague” “sleeping” in the office to get his latest brainfart delivered, he’s more likely to take notice of her, I would’ve thought.

We can debate the ignominy of someone overtly climbing the ladder on public display, but to her credit it’s probably going to pay dividends for her personally.

Oh it’s a fine career move but it just makes you an rear end in a top hat. Usually they’re fine with that though.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

It’s weird how the people with the most money have absolutely no idea how to best enjoy it or spread it around to benefit others. Just absolute clownshoes.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

It’s a mental disorder. Most people make a few million, they gently caress off, retire, do what they want to do in life. The same urge that drives billionaires to make a billion dollars in the first place, prevents them from ever doing this.

MySpace Tom vs Zuck and Elon.

One is living on tropical islands doing photography, the other two imagine themselves as leaders of the Fourth Reich.

Outliers like Notch who wasn’t driven to make billions (I don’t think) but happened to be lovely and/or have mental disorders that money cannot cure as well after lucking into a massive payday.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Analog posted:

Hi. I’m Elon Musk and I recommend that you vote Republican in order to balance things out. I also chug piss.

Somehow you are now banned from twitter?!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Watch out folks discussing a certain elon stan/employee is probatable, apparently! :lmao:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Tiny Timbs posted:

No, just being a creep and speculating about her sex life is.

hmm yes something I absolutely did not do, but regardless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Gros Tarla posted:

gently caress I was reading this while putting the baby to sleep and now I woke her up laughing manically

great going rear end in a top hat

The liked by .. Nude Gingrich (official) really put it over the top for me