Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Mega64 posted:

Finally, a place to say my favorite slur, "unionize".

P sure that one will be banned, sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

I'd vastly prefer heartless investment banks who care only about financial data (and the management bonus) over a one man empire builder who wishes he was an oligarch.

It's people who want political power incidentally so they can strip regulation vs person who wants political power so he can treat the world as his toy

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

:britain: chips :britain:

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Blooster posted:

He's clearly not buying Twitter because he wants to make money. He has smarter things to invest in for that. Which is why it's so scary. He has nefarious reasons for it. Expect right wing nonsense to completely dominate Twitter in under a year. Especially anti labor union rhetoric.

Also reminder

https://twitter.com/JoshuaPotash/status/1518658931878502400?t=Kf4YXxItws5ExqxKKkU8Mg&s=19

It is exactly this, he believes his own propaganda where he's a visionary entrepreneur explorer hacker, like some lovely 90s sci fi novel, and wants to buy political clout.

Which IMO should be a crime on its own; stand for election or gently caress off

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

ben shapino posted:

nothing says caring about the environment like forcing transport and all the consumption that comes with working in the office when all kinds of other companies are seeing the value in WFH

They should buy a tesla so they can commute carbon* free***** :thumbsup:

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Jestery posted:

Lol Elon reading altered carbon and thinking

":sickos:"

Yes that is a 100% accurate psychological assessment :geno:

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

One of the co-creators of the cryptocurrency Dogecoin says:

“I wasn’t a fan of him. He’s a grifter, he sells a vision in hopes that he can one day deliver what he’s promising, but he doesn’t know that.”

:ironicat:

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Ahahahaha now that I did not know

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Yaldabaoth posted:

From the cursed image thread:

TBF I can only imagine that convincing people to do the opposite. Good job propaganda team!

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

drat and there was imagining one of these cool boats that we get a lot of in my city

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Fortunately they only use them to enslave their own people in literal cotton fields so as far as we're concerned they're an advanced peace loving nation and very good for business

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

I'm glad/sorry to clarify that it is SUPERPOWER OF TOMORROW China that is indulging in mass slavery assisted by AI monitoring of undesirable races

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

These guys who like most of the world have nothing to do with the USA

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

*to a man whose family have been dragged off, raped and shot* don't worry bro in the UNITED STATES they would have made you fight fires unpaid

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Especially if the mistreated group isn't being mistreated by the USA, which is of course the centre of the universe and must be referenced immediately to one up any tale of horror elsewhere in the world

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Pepsi has expensive lawyers though so it actually enjoys legal rights

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Pretty sure longtermists are the baddies in Quantum Thief, with the added techbro bonus that the trillions of people in paradise will be in a :redflag:simulation :redflag:

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Indescribably rich entertainment man... bad?

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Main Paineframe posted:

the reporters on the "wander around outside the Twitter HQ and talk to anyone who walks by" beat have yet to admit that they got owned, but have been unable to confirm that they did not get owned

Im not owned, im not owned I shout as I shrink and transform into the Daily Mail

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Lmao every law partner in the country just got a simultaneous warm, fuzzy, big fee feeling and they don't know why

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

So get this how about a crazy idea where you pay :20bux: to post as a verified user but if you get banned you have to re buy the account for another :20bux:

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

ben shapino posted:

mods are asleep all moderation functions have been mysteriously disabled and i will post big elon

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Revins posted:

yeah as funny as all this has been it still pisses me off to see people, almost all of whom have the chud standard car selfie, being like "lol good luck with your stupid lawsuit idiots get a real job" to people who just lost their jobs to the whims of a megalomaniac

OTOH they chose to make six figures, in an absurdly high demand field, working for an international repository for hate speech and fascist propaganda

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

50:50 his first act was to download every recorded communication and hand them to this really cool and very smart dude he met in a bar immediately following his private phone call with Putin

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

No he doesn't get the antisocial personality major debilitating sickness excuse, he's a prick who chose to turn off his humanity because it was convenient. The best that can be said is that his criminal family never taught him otherwise.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

What would you have me do? Look at my men. Their courage hangs by a thread. If this is to be our end, then I would have them make such an end as to be worthy of remembrance, for $8/month.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

That's no different to the fact that many of his supporters like him purely because he owns the libs, and must be p smart to have so much money.

Like if you genuinely philosophise about and believe in free market capitalism, and think it is a meritocracy, Elon is an aberration and a moron that needs to be erased from the system.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Even if you take a really charitable interpretation of Augustus, you end up with a dictator who shattered everything around him in order to take absolute personal control, and then spent the rest of his life rubbing the pieces together wondering why they wouldn't start working again.

So what I'm saying is sorry Zuck but master entrepreneur Elon Musk is way ahead of you

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

wait what, are we talking about Octavian or some different Augustus? I don't know much about history but I read a book about him and it's basically 300 pages of giving him a handbeezy for being the best leader ever who managed to keep together a crumbling Rome and conquered lots of territory and created Pax romana and had a cool wife

This is the book
https://www.academia.edu/76808120/Augustus_the_life_of_Romes_first_emperor

fake edit: I've forgot most of the book but Wikipedia seems to agree this dude owned. I mean I guess he betrayed his triumvirate bros(mostly because Antony was not as politically savvy), but they were all dictators in that era anyway
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Augustus

Zuckerberg sucks but that's not a bad dude to look up imo

No, same Octavian! I suppose I mean charitable from a moral point of view, and on the question of whether he actually wanted to become history's most successful dictator.

A bunch of sources, including one he wrote himself, imply he was all but screaming at the surviving senators to show some backbone and start running civil society like they used to. On the other hand he'd appointed himself personally to all their top offices, and much like modern Russia almost everyone who wasn't a toady was already dead.

I like him too though and am inclined to think he was at least partly sincere - which transforms him from wildly successful to someone who couldn't quite reassemble the society he wanted.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

All these people chose to marry Elon loving Musk, the most sympathetic possible interpretation is that they're utterly spineless. More likely they're just fine with him being an evil bastard until the leopard shockingly chows down on their faces too.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

More like NSA-Gage 2.0

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Trump's button is much bigger & actually works

it does bring coke tho

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

David Sarif had an iconic, slightly whiny voice. It fits.

Come ooooonnn Adam we just need to be more hardcore about this

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

IIRC it's also the deus ex game where you have to stop the anti mecha-apartheid terrorists (the bad ones that go too far!!!). The game literally describes it in these words.

:thunk:

I think maybe the illuminati were egging them on as a false flag or something.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Good luck and ineffective counterterrorism will come to u, but only if u post 'thank mr biden' in this thread

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Barry Foster posted:

It's hard to overstate how bad it's gotten. Basically, there isn't really a health service anymore unless you have cancer or a life threatening injury, and even then with the latter you might be poo poo out of luck.

We're basically one step away from having to totally fend for ourselves. The NHS is over.

EDIT which is, as you say, all according to keikaku. Soon we'll be able to have ambulances again, but if you want one in the next two hours then you'll have to apply for the premium plan at Ambulances4U, etc...

It's in the hands of the worthless electorate and meanwhile people are working themselves to death to keep it going.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

:tinfoil: Fake? Or has Elon already been subsumed by the rococo basilisk quantum AI!!! 99% chance says yes :tinfoil:

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Private Cumshoe posted:

shaggy hog story

:hmmyes:

Also lol at the occasional implication that a foreigner can spend 10 years doing business in Russia and not be hand in glove with the mafia state the whole time. There is no incorrupt, legitimate business in Russia above the level of a dude selling his farm produce.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

A farting mink posted:

As much as I hate Putin I admire his petty bullshit on the international stage. Like that time someone let a friendly dog into the room with him and Angela Merkel. loving masterstroke.

"Bullies rule!!!" - Homer Simpson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

goatface posted:

a non-profit cooperative.

Well Elon has the first bit sorted already!!