Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
I've read the thread

I've determined that Elon is not good for Earth

In my opinion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

DeeplyConcerned posted:

That's right if the company performs 20% worse you gotta fire 20% of the workers as punishment.

They also apply this logic to school funding so at least they're consistently stupid assholes

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
I have DEI (actually DEIA since accessibility is included) meetings and content all the time and it's nothing like these idiots think

temple posted:

Samus was a woman.

But your reward for doing well was seeing her in a bikini, so ehhh

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
You now have to reX an Elon X to shift out of park

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

morningdrew posted:

Can't wait to hear about those $25k cars in August

Infrastructure week is for suckers

get ready for ULTRAstructure week

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

Three Olives posted:

You are absolutely in luck if you are OK with not doing things like adjusting your air conditioner.

That is neither info nor tainment

I know. Tesla putting everything on a screen sucks rear end . It shouldn't be there at all

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
Big screen is fine

Car functions on screen is very very very dumb for a dozen reasons

Buttons. Switches. Knobs. Stems. Pedals. Levers.

Not touchscreens, which SHOULD be for information

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

Sentient Data posted:

It makes more sense when you understand that a tesla is meant for 1-5 passengers and 0 drivers, lol that their entire car design is based on assuming actual self drive when they've been left in the dust by competent engineers at other companies

God drat that could be true but I think it's more because Elon wants everything to be different from traditional cars even though almost all that poo poo is the way it is for a reason

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

kazil posted:

he'll be using the f-slur in a few days

Just gearing up to the one that disarms the bomb

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

Platystemon posted:

That doesn’t justify why it is evil.

Is the confession a holy sacrament, and therapy evil for mocking it?

Does the white woman take a page from the priests and molest her client?

It's woke, gay, and communist

Like Joe Biden

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

Alan Smithee posted:

Do not mock the Segway it didn’t kill anyone like Elon’s death machines

Except the inventor of Segway but yeah

Dean Kamen is a cool dude and very much alive

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
Also segway was just monetizing a byproduct of the development of the ibot wheelchair which is a massive net good for the world however silly you think the segway is

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

JAMOOOL posted:

god the whole "the American left loves Hamas" thing is so maddening, I've not heard a single person say they support or identify or condone their actions at all, it's all "stop killing innocent kids"

It's quite easy to find examples of people saying genuinely stupid antisemitic or pro-hamas things, but they're also very clearly outliers and not remotely what any mass demonstrations are about.

It's an intentional misrepresentation and it is indeed maddening

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
Dawkins wrote very well about evolutionary biology. Those books are still very good. Like a lot of experts in a specific field though, he doesn't seem to realize he's not smart about other things but speaks just as confidently.

And he's a grumpy old bigot yeah

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

PhazonLink posted:

are they still good books?

isnt any biological science going to have a halflife of knowledge and facts thats only a decade or two?

Cutting edge stuff for biologists to know sure, but great detailed explanations of the principles of natural selection are effectively timeless

You might find a specific example of a bird or something that we've learned more about I guess

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

Presto posted:

Pratchett wrote whole books about people being able to express their true gender.

Thinking of Cheery and shedding a tear-y

:unsmith:

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

Jonny 290 posted:

what about superchargers, but on the blockchain

Stuperchargers

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

Sininu posted:

How is dogedesigner spinning this?

Right 'round baby. Right 'round

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

WhyteRyce posted:

lol what won’t Elon cut

A dashing figure

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

ddiddles posted:

You still have to pay insurance for an intern

In what state?

In Texas? I find that difficult to believe

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

R.L. Stine posted:

'you should only get banned if you commit crimes'

- man who banned a bunch of journalists because he didn't like them

What if they had bad vibes?

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
Pump what?

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

Jestery posted:

Lol remember the cyber ATV

Awfully Terrible Vehicle

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

why did anyone ever think this man was a genius? All he did was be rich and buy a car company.

Not defending it in any way but a lot of people equate rich business man with genius

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
Plus he was apparently a nerd who is into very technical things and so first impression is that he must be a smarty

But then time passed and it became obvious he's a doofus

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

MrQwerty posted:

no rocket scientists ever took him seriously as anything other than a font of money

No doubt, I'm just saying the general public saw a rich businessman who did computers, electric cars, and rocketships, and thought he must be at least somewhat smart

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
I hope Elon never buys the dicksucking factory

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
It records everything you say inside it and sends it to Elon

Guess they didn't read the EULA

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

Buce posted:

trains are blameless, holy creatures

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
Gametes is such a loving stupid defining characteristic for social stuff

Why would that matter? How would you know?

They've retreated to that because it's "science" but how does that "protect" anyone in a bathroom or whatever they claim to be worried about?

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
Since before the dawn of recorded history, persons with gametes larger, relatively, than other people, have been disadvantaged and discriminated against

Now that they have free speech, thanks to Elon, they can finally take their rightful place oppressing other people instead in addition

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

feelix posted:

HGTTG isn't very good. Source: I read it for the first time recently as an adult without nostalgia and it's unfunny lolrandom humor. I understand that it basically invented lolrandom humor but is that really a good thing?

:lolplant:

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

tak posted:

HHGTG is fine it's just young adult fiction

It literally isn't because that term means something (young protagonist)

Not everything has to be Wuthering Heights, Jesus Christ

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
Tesla robot walking laps around a huge empty office forever because everyone was fired and nobody told it to stop

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

Tai posted:

If optimus is autonomous then why are there multiple people in a VR set doing the same movements..

The robots are controlling them actually

So it's fine

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
That's just good business

You people are all idiots that don't know the automobile robotics and AI industry

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
When this baby hits 1488 you're going to see some serious *dies in lithium fire*

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

dr_rat posted:

It still brings up, what are the robots meant to be doing?

Raising money from investors, if they even thought that far

It's just threepio and Small Wonder and Data and NERV and whatever, you gotta build bypasses android robots, they're always there in the future*!

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

Captain Hygiene posted:

Optimus Subprime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
I'm sure Tesla robots walking around in dirt and dust and rain and mud on a farm will last long enough to pay for themselves in eggs and tomatos