Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
https://twitter.com/robinw/status/1593777614983872512?cxt=HHwWgICqgf6Snp4sAAAA

Keep speedrunning this Elon

Edit: beaten gently caress me this thread moves faster than the OG Trump ones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

Steadiman posted:

No he's doing great and you should absolutely not put in papers that he's mad!
https://twitter.com/pattymo/status/1604597811298836486

Oh my god this content is so loving good

Edit: whatever dev was forced to give Elon the personal controls to suspend and ban people deserves a Nobel prize

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
e:fb

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
LOL Paul Graham is now unbanned, amazing

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Why the hell would anyone spend Christmas eve loving things up at their company rather than spend time with their loved ones
The servers are now the closest thing he has to loved ones

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

happyhippy posted:

I don't understand, is 'Pre-market' what will definitely happen, or may happen when it opens again?
They are trades that did happen in realtime in the pre-market trading hours. Most exchanges have some hours pre- and post-market but the majority of trades are still during regular hours.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
Elon loves using Japan as an example of a dire shrinking population while ignoring the extremely obvious fact that they barely allow any immigration.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

Entropic posted:

https://twitter.com/steinkobbe/status/1619107316623904768?s=46&t=rW06uywWN5C2tpjpcyaJRA

“Believe it or not” lmao :thunk:

Dave Rubin is so breathtakingly stupid.
Don't worry cat turd, we'll make these facts care about your feelings.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

Captain Hygiene posted:

Wait, are physical pagers still a thing? I just figured it was an app or simple texting interface that their number never got removed from after they left.
The main app used by tech companies for on-call is named PagerDuty and because of this everyone still uses the term pager lol.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

DaveWoo posted:

can't wait to see what this guy's idea of a "moderate" media figure is

... oh god it's gonna be someone like joe rogan, isn't it
And Bill Maher, 100%

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

The Saddest Rhino posted:

If I recall Parler is Co owned by the husband of candace owens and they were trying to get Kanye to purchase it via a trade sale, but Kanye went off his meds so hard that he went "all Jews must die" on Alex Jones and the sale got called off
It honestly feels like that was a decade ago.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
I doubt it, him and the other science-y youtubers like Tom Scott and such fellate Elon like his dick is going to disappear

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
Watching two people so dumb play off each other, it's incredible. Like the yin and yang of stupid.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

Professor Shark posted:

Do people really use Chatgpt as some sort of Google Butler?
Ask Jeeves was ahead of his time, RIP

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

Scratch Monkey posted:

drat Hiedecker lost a bunch of weight. Is he ok?
Yeah I watched the new I Think You Should Leave and him and Sam Richardson definitely are taking semiglutides/ozempic lol. Eric Andre, Jonah Hill, basically every fat comedian is on it judging by how fast they all got skinny.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
He will spend any amount of money to get an LLM to say racial slurs.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
Hey baby can you dress up as Mercy while I make an appointment with an IVF clinic because I want to non-physically impregnate you and then select for males only

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
Free speech!
https://www.vice.com/en/article/5d948x/x-purges-prominent-journalists-leftists-with-no-explanation

quote:

X Purges Prominent Journalists, Leftists With No Explanation

Ken Klippenstein, Steven Monacelli, and Alan MacLeod were all suspended from the platform.

Also "@zei_squirrel, a cartoon squirrel that tweets media criticism of figures like Glenn Greenwald" because of course

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
Anxiously awaiting the Twitter files for this one!

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
So it was the end of the world when the Biden admin asked Twitter to remove Hunter's non-consensual dick pics but now Elon jumps into action lol.

(both are lovely for the record)

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

DicktheCat posted:

That's not the answer, though. There are tons of people on par with her for money/fame that aren't treated the same.

Is she just really litigation- happy?
I don't know about your other examples but for Twitter she has 95M followers and it would be a massive blow to their already dwindling advertising if she hosed off.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

IBroughttheFunk posted:

It's doesn't work that way. It doesn't work that way. It doesn't work that way. it doesn't work that way. It doesn't work that way. It doesn't work that way. It's not a sentient electronic brain doing it's best to give you objective truth. It doesn't. loving. Work. That. Way.

Aaaauuugggghhh. I don't know why, but the way techbros all misrepresent or misunderstand this bugs the everliving hell out of me.
LOL he's not upset about the text part, chuds are furious that the new Google Gemini image generator would not generate enough pictures of white people (and it was silly enough that even Google shut it down to work on it).

Normally though you'd be right and he'd be upset that ChatGPT won't say the n-word

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
It's so loving stupid. even Chud-adjacent John Carmack jumped in

https://twitter.com/ID_AA_Carmack/status/1760360183945965853

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
It's amazing that all these birth rate weirdos love to use Japan as an example without noticing that they basically don't allow any immigration.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
Oh something tells me his account won't last much longer after that article

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
Andor was great though

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
Musk is on twitter calling this fake news by Reuters despite having an all-hands meeting telling people the project has been cancelled lol.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

King of Foolians posted:

Ok, sure. But what are your products?
Obviously the product is the stock price

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

shyduck posted:

If you're blitzed and you can do your job then more power to you, but don't go sounding like that and making a billion excuses when you're actively loving up over and over again
I like that this could apply to Elon or Grimes