Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

I can't wait till the House GOP Judiciary Twitter account retweets this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

Yaldabaoth posted:

You just know Elon Musk 100% supports letting people on twitter use the N word since he's a wealthy white south african.

He gets to use it cos he's an 'African-American' loool get it!?! I bet you never heard that joke before!! LOLS*

*I clicked on Jordan Peterson's daughter's Twitter account as it was linked in the Jorp thread, she was asking Elon to unban her dad, and she had very recently retweeted a congratulatory tweet praising how an 'African-American' like Musk had hit such heights. Of course there was a lot of back-slapping "har-har-har well played" going around in the replies. I'm not sure why I subject myself to that sort of thing.

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

buglord posted:

Are the poll results in favor of musk? I can’t check without making a Twitter account and logging in.

It's 80/20 in favor of FREEDOM with over a million votes.

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

The only thing preventing me from enjoying watching this ship sink in a storm of hubris is knowing that when the banks that hold the loans poo poo the bed because Elon is not going to be able to pay the bills, they'll probably get bailed out with tax dollars because they will threaten to take the rest of the economy down with them.

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

It will be wild having the check-mark making shitheads' posts amplified. Imagine some sports reporters and official accounts will pony up, but man it's going to be a sea of blue check-marked poo poo, goddamn.

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

kiimo posted:

How long has Elon Musk been a chud?

Why haven't I known this all along? Is it a recent development?

Relatively recent? A few weeks ago he posted how he used to vote Democrat, but they are too extreme so time to start goosestepping.

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

Cthulu Carl posted:

LOL if you believe he ever voted for a democrat.

Hell, he's probably never voted because he has better means of getting the government to do what he wants.

100% There's this poo poo-rear end "aww shucks" sort of song and dance that hard right people like to put forth so they seem less extreme and deflect their horrible views. "Look what they made me do!"

Like many people here, I wish the dems were a quarter extreme as the right says. I get so tired of the song and dance.

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

June 25, 2023

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

I shouldn't be shocked, but Jesus tap dancing Christ the bootlickers in Elroy threads tripping over themselves to defend the word's richest man are unbelievable.

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

Actually I don't think they even want to rule, they'd be happy eating poo poo as long as everyone else was eating it too, so long as someone they like on top.

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

Free speech is finding a pencil
Pizza with sausage
Telling the time

Free speech is learning to whistle...

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

I remember when he pitched "Pravda" which was supposed to be a wiki style news outlet where regular folks could do a better job reporting news than the professional media? It was a real flash in the pan pitch that I figured was the result of a tantrum a few years back, seems like he's dusting it off I guess.

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

I'm not a businessman by any means, but it's bizarre how he went in swinging dick and went to SLASH EVERY EXPENSE and not just trim some fat, looking for ways to cut expenses and increase revenue. I suppose it's a testament to how lovely the deal he made is, how unprofitable Twitter is and the fact that, like many say in this thread, he's a narcissistic dipshit who happened to make the right investments at the right time until now.

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

"If minorities kept their heads down and realize that they have it better than where they came from... ESPECIALLY African-Americans (not you Elon LMAO) Anyone who does not acknowledge this is DIVIDING ARE GRATE CONTRY"

Goddam, the "Left is trying to divide us" take sucks so horribly, jesus gently caress.

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

...! posted:

The rules of grammar have evolved. It's now grammatically correct to end a sentence with a preposition. This is because many sentences that purposely avoid doing so sound awkward as hell.

Never ending a sentence with a preposition is a hill I'm willing to die on.

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

My favorite thing about this whole thing is how the World's (Formerly?) Richest Man has displayed such a fundamental ignorance of how a business he spent billions to purchase operates. Thinking that using Twitter is the product he has to sell in order to be successful AND that 'Free Speech Twitter' is a product that hundreds of millions of people want to pay to use shows such a shocking lack of understanding of what social media is, I'm taken a little taken aback at how loving stupid our boy Elon is.

It makes me wonder if being rich may not be directly tied to merit and ability after all. Hmmmmm.

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

I am weirded out by all the talks of legislation targeted directly at TicTok under the guise of protecting uses from the app harvesting data from consumers. Why not make it difficult for any social media company to harvest data and protect consumers' privacy?

Eh, that's just crazy talk.

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

I love how yesterday he tried to suck himself off over "average user seconds" and then today is telling everyone to "touch grass".

I love that the prediction that Elon would stumble backwards into old Twitter policies because Twitter wasn't woke, but rather trying to keep a social media company afloat is wrong because this man is too monumentally stupid and narcissistic to understand what is happening. Dude demonstrably has no idea how social media companies do business.

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

It's almost as if working your rear end off on/at a business somebody else owns and hoping they notice your "hard work" and reward you at their discretion is a lovely way to live. Huh, catturd2?

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

Elon's one tweet,er X, away from grabbing a tiki torch and chanting, "THE JEWS WILL NOT REPLACE US" isn't he?

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

What did he say that started this "deluge" of advertising suspensions? He has said so much rotten racist conspiracy poo poo the last few days that I lost track.

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

kazil posted:

all this is in response to a post calling out people saying "hitler was right"

Oh yes. Thank you. I'm sad but not shocked his amplifying straight-up KKK hood on "stats" and graphs that say "the blacks are coming for our white women" seemed not to cause too much of a fuss.

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

JustCallMeDC posted:

I still don’t know how to pronounce that, is it supposed to be unpronounceable?

I pronounce it in my mind as high-pitched screeching. Sort of like imitating the sound of metal scraping on metal, but with vocal cords.

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

Someone will post a graph that was made on Stormfront or something made with unsubstantiated data that shows all money that you donate to the Red Crescent actually winds up in the hands of Hamas. Elon will "!!!" and then announce that he had to suspend the program as not wanting to fund terror.

He gets points for announcing the program and then gets them again for stopping money from getting in the wrong hands. He wins twice.

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

I also love how half-assed and shady this whole thing is, "we'll give all advertising proceeds from tweets related to the conflict (wtf does that even mean?) to charitable organizations.... wait, oh, can we just buy some pediatric medical supplies and like, I dunno, send it to em or something? Anyhow, see, I don't just like the whites."

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

Captain Hygiene posted:

I just remembered last year's Thanksgiving tweet. I wonder if Elon's gonna pull back for a and try pretending to be a normal human being for a second by posting about flavor symphonies or whatever, or if he'll just keep up the brainless hate boosting all day.

"I love Thanksgiving Dinner, it makes my heart taste!" -Elon Musk

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

What's even sicker about this is remember Elon commenting to the father of a kid who was going blind the Neuralink was working on fixing this sort of issue knowing full well how that's all pie in the sky bullshit.

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

Goosesteps per user second way up.

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

I love right wingers have to make up scenarios to get all worked up over. I mean, didn't they already get pissed off months ago that Chat GPT won't drop an N-bomb to hypothetically save lives (which is such an asinine hypothetical). They have to keep beating this racist dead horse.

Someone needs to ask GROKAI would it guillotine a billionaire if it would save thousands of lives?

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

It's painfully obvious nobody has ever told this dude "no". He's glided through life by throwing money at things with very good timing. He's certainly never felt anything resembling consequences.

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

What I love most about Grok is how demonstrably useless it is. It really makes you think.

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

Video games not being 100% white dudes/instagram girls really, really fucks with these people.

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

Grock's half-baked "snarky" persona is a dollop of cream on top of this answer.

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

I'm starting to think this Elon Musk dude is not a very good businessman at all.

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

it's totally believable that AI will make everyone wealthy. Just look at how automation has lead to massive production efficiency improvements and, correspondingly, how worker compensation has increased at the same proportion.

Now if you excuse me, I'm going to finds some leaded gasoline to huff.

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

...! posted:

I honestly can't wait to see how conservatives twist the new Green Day single "The American Dream Is Killing Me" into supporting their point of view

Hey, "American Dream" is right there in the title! What more do you need?

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

Despite making up only 6% of new corporate hires, white men commit the majority of white-collar crimes.

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

I love how Elon is constantly saying "Oh, we are totally working on that" for nearly everything anyone tweets from flying cars and electronic brain upgrades to aggressively racist philosopher AI and an app that can wipe your rear end for you.

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

I love how this motherfucker is crying about humanity going is going extinct because women aren't constantly having babies and at the same time there is not enough room for more people in this country. I understand he is trying to get as close to saying "more white babes, fewer brown immigrants" without having to actually come out and say it. But, poo poo, It makes him come off like even more of a moronic racist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

Hazo posted:

He’s just posting straight up race-baiting incitement now. The advertisers will be back any minute.

drat, looks like white are the true victims after all.

No, I don't have any understanding of wealth distribution or even overall population numbers. Why do you ask?