Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Johnny Depp doesn't have to be a saint in order for Amber Heard's allegations to be hogwash. And really? Did Johnny really spend YEARS hitting people? Quit with the frantic hyperbole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Tarkus posted:

Did Johnny really spend YEARS hitting people?

from 2013 to 2016, yeah, he did

didn't you ~watch the trial~

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

The whole point was that no one on the jury found any of her accusations credible but you can keep beating that drum I guess.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

weekly font posted:

The whole point was that no one on the jury found any of her accusations credible but you can keep beating that drum I guess.

not the first jury to ignore the evidence and instead decide that a DV and rape victim is a crazy liar. unfortunately, probably not the last, either.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Cease to Hope posted:

Are you one of those people in the phone game ads that can't figure out how to select the number that is smaller than your number

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Cease to Hope posted:

not the first jury to ignore the evidence and instead decide that a DV and rape victim is a crazy liar. unfortunately, probably not the last, either.

Ah the old "the refs hosed us!" Classic.

razamataza
Jan 2, 2006

are you actually amber heard?

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
No, but they are genuine.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

weekly font posted:

Ah the old "the refs hosed us!" Classic.

your faith in the court system is inspiring but tragically misplaced.

razamataza posted:

are you actually amber heard?

sorry, was i bringing the epic rape meme thread down?

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

OhsH posted:

No, but they are genuine.

they wish that amber had shat in their bed

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

ChubbyChecker posted:

they wish that amber had shat in their bed

whom among us etc

Trevorrrrrrrrrrrrr
Jul 4, 2008

Cease to Hope posted:

Actually Amber alleged it started in 2012; since the early stages of the relationship. That was after she said under oath previously it was in 2013.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Cease to Hope posted:

You are a dumb, stupid idiot.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Trevorrrrrrrrrrrrr posted:

Actually Amber alleged it started in 2012; since the early stages of the relationship. That was after she said under oath previously it was in 2013.

oh, you're right, there was another example of physical abuse i forgot. there were a lot of examples.

Super Jay Mann posted:

You are a dumb, stupid idiot.

Super Jay Mann posted:

Some people are way too eager and willing to chuck Johnny Depp into a volcano to appease the #MeToo gods

man i feel terrible a guy like you dislikes me, just the worst feeling in the world

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Cease to Hope posted:

oh, you're right, there was another example of physical abuse i forgot. there were a lot of examples.

man i feel terrible a guy like you dislikes me, just the worst feeling in the world

I mean you're actually worse than those folk because they're just suffering from cognitive dissonance. You're emphatically stating that things that Did Not Actually Happen actually did Happen as if it were a matter of course and not the ramblings of an unreliable abuser and liar.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Super Jay Mann posted:

I mean you're actually worse than those folk because they're just suffering from cognitive dissonance. You're emphatically stating that things that Did Not Actually Happen actually did Happen as if it were a matter of course and not the ramblings of an unreliable abuser and liar.

i've seen the darvo act before, i'll unfortunately see it again, and your variation on it isn't especially new or interesting. people will believe literally anything as long as it means they don't have to believe a powerful or rich or charismatic man abused someone. in short:

Metis of the Hallways posted:

hey remember how the original owner of this site used to paint all his exes as completely insane and manipulative bitches and the forum collectively ignored it until enough evidence came out that he was an abusive piece of poo poo. weird. no need to reflect on that or anything.

Cease to Hope fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jun 2, 2022

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

I'm sorry, I was wrong. You are a dumb, stupid, and very very naive idiot.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Big props to cease for pointing out that amber is similar to lowtax

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Super Jay Mann posted:

I was going to go with low effort trollposter but that works too

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Super Jay Mann posted:

He's got a great gimmick.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

*Insert Principal Skinner meme*

It’s clearly just a massive conspiracy against Amber Heard.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Big props to cease for pointing out that amber is similar to lowtax

depp is the one who is similar to lowtax in this comparison.

Kirk Vikernes posted:

He's got a great gimmick.

i know pointing out the fact that rape culture exists isn't as fun or funny as the incomparably clever poop memes you were all workshopping on each other. this sort of thing gets in the way of making jokes about the "hot/crazy matrix", sorry.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
Even if most of what Amber said was true, she was proven to have lied about some serious and even minor stuff so her credibility was suspect. If she hadn't been caught in any lies she would have been far more credible and garnered more sympathy. It wasn't just a he said she said thing, it was audio evidence that proved her wrong.

Don't lie in court.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Hamelekim posted:

Even if most of what Amber said was true, she was proven to have lied about some serious and even minor stuff so her credibility was suspect. If she hadn't been caught in any lies she would have been far more credible and garnered more sympathy. It wasn't just a he said she said thing, it was audio evidence that proved her wrong.

Don't lie in court.

What did she lie about?

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Cease to Hope posted:

What did she lie about?

Nearly everything.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Super Jay Mann posted:

Nearly everything.

Then surely you can list examples.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Cease to Hope posted:

depp is the one who is similar to lowtax in this comparison.

Except that Amber is the only previous romantic relationship that ever reported or testified to any sort of abuse unless I missed something in the evidence presented. So there was no previous pattern of abuse present, which is usually the case in these situations.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Hamelekim posted:

Except that Amber is the only previous romantic relationship that ever reported or testified to any sort of abuse unless I missed something in the evidence presented. So there was no previous pattern of abuse present, which is usually the case in these situations.

Depp assaulted both Heard and her sister.

Trevorrrrrrrrrrrrr
Jul 4, 2008

Cease to Hope posted:

In court, excluding the allegations of abuse:

Donating money to charity.
Leaking videos to TMZ
Photoshopping pictures and claiming they are different pictures ()
Using the same photo as evidence in two different "incidents"
Claiming a trailer was totally destroyed by Depp, only for the owner of said trailer to say there was just a broken lamp costing $60.

Cease to Hope posted:

The topic was PREVIOUS romantic relationships

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Cease to Hope posted:

You first.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Cease to Hope posted:

What did she lie about?

A bunch of stuff that isn't worth going into detail about, because you clearly don't care that she lied or exaggerated on the stand.

https://www.insider.com/why-amber-heard-lost-her-defamation-trial-with-johnny-depp-2022-6

quote:

Neama Rahmani, president of West Coast Trial Lawyers, told Insider that he felt Heard had a credibility problem.

"She lost because she lied and she exaggerated in a case that was all about likability and credibility,"

quote:

He specifically referenced how Heard maintained that she never leaked video of one of her arguments with Depp to TMZ, or tipped off the paparazzi that she would be appearing in court with a bruised face to take out a restraining order against Depp. Rahmani said it was also hard to believe Heard's side of the story on why she never fulfilled her pledge to donate her divorce settlement from Depp to charity.

quote:

David Ring, a partner at the Los Angeles-based law firm Taylor & Ring, agreed that Heard "lost credibility" during the trial.

"Some of the testimony just was not credible, it seemed over-exaggerated and overdone," he said.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

I always wonder what people get out of negative attention. Doesn’t seem healthy

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Cease to Hope posted:

That is the allegation, but there is no evidence that he did so beyond their words. We do know that she hit him because she admitted to doing so on tape. The question is whether or not Amber and her sister are credible, and the lies and exaggeration did not help with that.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Cease to Hope posted:

How about watching her cross examination? There's a ton of examples there.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Either they had an impressive pillow fight but after all the times she claims he hit her that Australian night she should have been eating through a straw and unable to walk

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Trevorrrrrrrrrrrrr posted:

In court, excluding the allegations of abuse:

weird, so are you saying all of those were true? they're the important things here.

anyway
- she pledged the money to the ACLU and donated a portion; that was put on hold when depp launched two lawsuits that were going to be quite expensive for her. this is common with donation pledges when something happens like a pair of expensive slapp lawsuits
- you're looking at a video of depp threatening her and destroying their shared home and you're concerned chiefly with who leaked it. the allegations of leaking are she-said she-said
- you're looking at pictures of bruises from assault and saying they're fake with no evidence other than your desire to disbelieve them
- this is so vague that i'm not sure what you're referring to
- this isn't a lie, just a minor inconsistency, which is pretty common when people are recalling traumatic physical abuse. how would she know the exact dollar amount of the damage anyway?

Hamelekim posted:

That is the allegation, but there is no evidence that he did so beyond their words.

you were just saying that nobody said they saw depp abuse heard. not gonna reconsider your conclusions at all, confronted with new evidence?

me first what, i don't think she lied. i can list all of the examples of abuse she's lying about here:

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Cease to Hope posted:

he should have figured out a way to frame the accusations of abuse as an epic poop meme, he could've at least won gbs over

Welp, i'll be a monkey's uncle, you've done it again, detective Hope! Exposing the REAL facts of the case like some kind of giant satellite that fires truth lasers from space.

The memes SWAYED the public's opinion, they definitely weren't produced as a result of the public's opinion of an obvious liar slowly changing as more evidence and testimony became known. Ironically, testimony from HER side - not Depp's, did the most damage in this case. Stuff like talking about how she was flogged relentlessly to the extent of being swollen, then showed up to high profile public events the next day looking almost completely pristine and acting completely natural, never showing any signs of the horrific beatings she received either physically or emotionally.

But no, you are right, everyone thinks she ACTUALLY did cocaine on the stand, and that's why every social media platform on the face of the internet has like a 10:1 if not 15 or 20:1 ratio of people (obviously incels or alt right am I rite) who post poop and cocaine memes and support Depp. It's definitely not the whole Kate Moss thing where she was so positive that this pirate actor dude pushed a person down the stairs for no specific reason other than that he is a serial abuser and evil mastermind that turned out to destroy her credibility when the person themselves came on the stand and said it was complete bullshit. I wonder why the jury (of goddamn idiots, might I add, lol) had trouble believing her claims.

Forget the BPD even though there is a strong correlation between BPD and violent behavior and even stronger correlation between BPD and emotionally abusive/narcissistic behavior. Depp has a substance abuse problem, he is far more likely to be the one who committed the horrendous acts here, right?

Here's the thing: they both have some serious problems. With their own drat selves, with dealing with other partners, working well with others, etc. When the narrative ends up being poo poo like:

Heard: He hit me
Depp: She punched me
Heard: Well yes I did hit him technically but it wasn't a punch I swear I just "hit" him that's better right? Also when I said he hit me I meant he drop kicked me, took 5 steps back, then slammed me as I got back to my feet with a running, spinning lariat that gave me 3 black eyes and a bloody lip.

What do you think is gonna happen? If she would have just stuck to the original story instead of trying to feed everyone some bullshit, her side could have at least spun the narrative that it's unclear to what extent but apparent that some level abuse occurred. People probably would have continued to believe her.

Wasn't basically the only person that ever claims they saw Depp actually physically assault her in person her sister? Didn't pretty much everyone else testify that they never witnessed anything with their own eyes? Including his friends, her friends, everyone they worked with, his exes, etc. Didn't at least one of her ex's (who was also a woman) testify that Heard was abusive in their relationship? How many times did she "slip up" and contradict something small during the testimony? Something large? What was the ratio of sustained objections from the opposition compared to her own defense? Like 4:!? 5:1? Didn't she lie about donating money to charity?

Well done man, sticking to your guns and exposing all the hypocrisy and conspiracies mang, being the white knight we need to illuminate what idiots we are all being here.

or maybe you are just baiting shitposts in a gbs thread, who knows

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
imagine getting cucked by elon musk lmao

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

BabyRyoga posted:

Welp, i'll be a monkey's uncle, you've done it again, detective Hope! Exposing the REAL facts of the case like some kind of giant satellite that fires truth lasers from space.

yeah i do rule, thank you

btw i was replying specifically to people who'd been posting epic poop memes. sorry i made blatant misogyny and victim blaming less fun for them and you.

it's really telling that you're just making up testimony like "Also when I said he hit me I meant he drop kicked me, took 5 steps back, then slammed me as I got back to my feet with a running, spinning lariat that gave me 3 black eyes and a bloody lip." that isn't what she alleged and it wasn't what her sister alleged. if you just make up what she said in your head, you can blame her for an infinite number of imaginary lies. i keep saying, people will believe anything as long as it lets them doubt the account of a victim of a man they're already predisposed to like. people just love the lying crazy bitch narrative.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Either they had an impressive pillow fight but after all the times she claims he hit her that Australian night she should have been eating through a straw and unable to walk

for example, everyone turns into a medical expert if it lets them doubt the account of a victim of a man they're already predisposed to like.

Cease to Hope fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Jun 2, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

She needed an extra month to donate the balance of her $6,650,000 pledge, 18 months wasn't enough to get it done.

If we should be blaming anyone it's Johnny for stopping that money train in its tracks.