Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Upgrade your storehouse as much as possible pretty much ASAP, it gives you more inventory which is the ultimate enabler for making more money.

E: pigpen and mills are absolutely late game stuff, you can ignore them until then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Tahirovic posted:

I've been thinking about making a simple macro in Bluestacks to automate growing some crops. Basically let the game run in bluestacks and harvest + plant carrots every 3 minutes or whatever. I think they would not find that and it's not something that messes with the game.

Just log into the website and use auto hot key or similar to script your clicks.

(I have a “click repeatedly” macro to save my hands when doing a ton of exploring. It clicks slower than I can manually, so I figure not really a concern.)

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Agent355 posted:

Yeah I'm at 200 wood/boards coming out of the sawmill and I don't know if I want to keep pumping that or just max the orchard now. Been turning wood into fancy pipes or hour glasses (limited by mushrooms on hourglasses so mostly pipes) and sturdy shields with boards.

Which means I make like, 400-500k ish every hour I think. Might be closer to 300? I don't really count.

Fwiw I was at 200/200 up until literally today, and am currently at 98/99/99/89 (gd exploring). I don’t think you need to push past that all that hard immediately, you’ll have a ton of wood and boards voiding as is as you explore for other things. (Not like you can’t, it’s not super expensive, but definitely not priority 1.)

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Oldstench posted:

Should I buy an Orchard after Forest or wait and save for Sawmill? 1M silver is a long way away for me.

It'll come faster than you think, but you should absolutely buy an orchard, it gives you more stam which gives you more explores which gives you more money to buy sawmills and trees for your orchard to give you more stam to...

(And re: glass orbs. MAKE GLASS BOTTLES WITH THEM. That quest goes to 99, and glass bottles are incredibly useful overall given that they're in the premium money making craft, Lanterns, and used in your stam juices. Unless you're voiding orbs/bottles, you're going to use them.)

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

tuyop posted:

Just left corn jail. A fitting end but now I feel lost and empty.

Seriously, now that I don't have "grow corn" as a default I'm kind of at a loss for what to grow half the time.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

super sweet best pal posted:

If you haven't dumped an apple into today's CC, you should. Grasshoppers only come from the lemur at level 6 and you need ten times as much to unlock the tower.

And after you collect them make sure to lock them so you don’t accidentally click “sell all”, assuming they’d not get sold, and dump 40 of them into the flea market.

Hypothetically, I mean.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Arcturas posted:

Can you get a rune stone from a fishing location with a net, or is it manual only?

Only thing that's manual only is gold fish - everything else can be netted (including runestones and super-rares).

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

koshmar posted:

Anyone got a spare barracuda they can send me, based on how quickly the CC completed I’m guessing sea dragons are important.

Sea dragons are rare (and are used in a couple late game quests) but I think CC completion is more that barracuda are a common result from Large Island fishing so it’s easy to donate a bunch to pump up your donations amount to work towards those achievements.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Fhqwhgads posted:

What should I be aiming for with inventory space? Just up it as the quests start to require more than I can stock at once? I feel like using gold for it is a bad idea considering all the perks I need? I did have to buy one inventory size upgrade, so I'm only at 256 now (just got the Farmhouse).

Once you get the storehouse just bump the storehouse’s per-day inventory increment each time you can. (Your first 1b should almost always go to the Storehouse upgrade.) at this point I’m getting 12/day from my storehouse, so spending gold on inventory upgrades is pretty meh.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Ineptitude posted:

No, the xp you get is based on the items you find, each item awards a certain amount of xp.
Doesn’t matter if the item is found with stamina or Lemonade/AP

This isn’t quite correct. You get XP for items found, but you also get some amount of XP just for the act of exploring. Drop your stamina below the number so that you only spend one stamina at a time. Check your exploring XP. Now explore once - even if you don’t receive an item, you’ll still see your exploring XP has increased when you check it again.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Kaboobi posted:

Max your orchard to your inventory size as a next step for sure.

Yep. The value of boards/wood tails off pretty hard after a certain point - one board is 7040 silver per hour (assuming sturdy shields). The 276th board costs enough that it doesn’t break even until 58 hours - assuming you never void boards. I think people are putting waaaaay too much emphasis on the sawmill too early; definitely upgrade into the 100-200 range early, but you don’t need to push past there all that quickly, and definitely not worth doing so if you haven’t inventory-maxed your orchard.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Koryk posted:

What is the deal with salt? A fairly uncommon explore that takes 50 to make one? And I need 100s of it?

When you unlock WC you won’t have any trouble finding salt rocks.

E: also L6 Red Dragon brings you some; between the two, you’ll have plenty of salt relatively passively.

Kalman fucked around with this message at 15:42 on May 30, 2022

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

monkeytennis posted:

I wouldn’t rely on the cat alone. Current quest needs 250 fish.

Cat @ 6 will yield an average of 12 shinefish per day. If you don't think you'll be deep into 4x99 quests before ~20 days are up, consider whether you'd rather have the AC and just have the cat.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Fhqwhgads posted:

It only took me 9 Corn Quandries to get the Corn Rune! Now I'm temporarily in hops jail because I want to finish this questline. I'm at the point where my upgrades are in the $1B range but I definitely don't have the infrastructure for that yet. I'm just slowly building out my orchard/straw/quarry/vineyard while I pump out Lanterns for now.

Just fyi, you can’t actually finish Hops Jail until farming 99.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

tildes posted:

Got my first raptor egg way on my second day in whispering creek 👍🏻👍🏻

It seems like, based on the calculators and a 150k explore drop rate, I will get one every 4-5 days on average given my inventory and orchard. Do y’all just void all the oak you get, or are you also doing a bit of exploring elsewhere? I was thinking about the forest since then I get antlers + mushroom paste, which lets me make fancy drums which use up oak super quickly. But not sure what balance makes sense here.

I void so much oak (a little better with Crossbow, but still). The exploring XP for WC is so much better that as I try to get through the godawful 90-99 exploring stretch I minimize how much stamina I spend anywhere else, and it’s just not worth extending the grind for the extra money.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Umbreon posted:

God I would love a chest of stamina items, Right now the only way I can get them at more than a snail's pace is what seems to be actual scam prices on the flea market lol

Under no circumstances buy items on the flea market unless it is literally the only way, the prices are *terrible*.

You’ll get more stam items as time goes on and your inventory and orchard expand. Spend your money on that, not flea marketing.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

obi_ant posted:

I'm currently 85/90/98/83; what should I be craft to make money? I'm thinking

Green Cloaks, Sturdy Shields (because I have so much wood and boards from the Sawmill), Blue Purse and Fancy Drum.

I'm currently in Misty Forest a lot for green and blue leaves. Or is there something from WC that I should be grinding out for?

Green Cloaks are not good money because they're so resource intensive on their inputs. You'll need some for quests, so not bad to have a few crafted, but they're not a primary moneymaker. Fancy Drums aren't quite as bad, but similar.

Your moneymakers (and you should be doing all of these!) are:

Sturdy Shields
Lanterns
Garnet Rings
Crossbow once you hit crafting 99 to burn off some oak
Spheres once you hit 4x85 for the relevant pets.

Everything else is kind of optional.

Blue Purses are worth making, but only from dye/feathers that pets bring you; I wouldn't go exploring for blue feathers, personally, spend that stamina in WC because exploring XP takes forever.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Xerol posted:

But also I don't think the equation is quite that easy, since more boards/logs coming in = less stam spent there and more stam spent on oak/glass/gems/carbon/whatever which are bringing in the real money at 90+ crafting.

I mean, while this is true, it just means you don’t wind up doing as many of the wood products. Basically the only thing that requires wood/board/plank that is essential, rather than bonus money or mastery, in the later game is wood for twine. Everything else you can basically ignore or use the spillover from an occasional trip to a lower tier explore zone to handle.

It’s not that you can’t do anything with higher wood counts, it’s just not where I’d focus, and I don’t like seeing people post things like “600 wood/hr but I’m not inventory maxed on fruit.”

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

koshmar posted:

I reread the text on the upgrade and yeah, I think I’ll save the 25 gold

Honestly it’s a pretty solid QoL boost if you’re dumping a hundred LN on it at a time. Make sure the fish you care about keeping are locked. Then hit LN until you’re starting to get full, sell all, rinse and repeat without ever leaving the fishing screen.

Not a critical upgrade, but well worth 25 gold later on when gold isn’t a hugely limiting factor.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Aerox posted:

I feel a little bad asking for this, but I'm on a part of the quest to unlock the new fishing zone where you need 100 of various gold fishes, and manually fishing is absolutely destroying my wrist/hands. I can fish for about a minute with mealworms before I need to take a break because my wrist starts getting hosed up.

Does anyone have an AHK script or something for manual fishing that I could run while I'm sitting at my computer (mealworms or regular fishing)? I'm not planning on like idling overnight or anything, I just need to get through this without breaking my body.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWbtP0sDhjM has a fishing script that works. (Though also consider whether fishing on a phone might be better for your wrists?)

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

That’s what the penguin pet always should have been.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

tildes posted:

I think fishing is going to be your best $ source. Depends on the pet upgrades etc that you have what to focus on I think. In general I think trying to get raptors would be a good call.

They’re going to get plenty of raptors grinding exploring to 99, I wouldn’t try to force it.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

I think both are defensible at this point; I’d still be inclined to go storehouse since it’s a lot easier to make silver than it is to make more max inventory, but Macaw will definitely be more silver at first.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Unponderable posted:

Related question, but is the level 6 Macaw really the only way to get anglerfish? Making it a mandatory prerequisite for Pirate's Cove?

Yep. But honestly if getting a pet to level 6 is a problem, you’re not ready for the rest of the PC quest line anyway. (L6 python is also basically a requirement though it is theoretically possible to get enough skull coins through exploration.)

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

HelloNewman posted:

Is PC meaningfully better silver than LI?

For me, with all sales perks and a good chunk of the fish from each GMed:

1x LN in PC: ~6.5 mil silver
1x LN in LI: ~4.5 mil silver

So yeah, a pretty good percentage better.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

obi_ant posted:

This quest to get 100x Gold Flier, Gold Coral and Goldfin is annoying as hell. The tower is going to be a nightmare.

L6 Capybara helps a lot with gold fish.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Don't bother hurrying it, ATI IV requires 600 seaweed, which you can only get from fishing at Small Island, at a rate of ~1 seaweed per large net.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Just drink all your OJ all the time and you won’t care. Theoretically it’s less efficient until your max stam is high enough but in practice you can’t use all your stam regeneration (unless you never sleep?) so I think by the time you can afford the cider upgrade you’ll get more from the daily reset stam anyway.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

obi_ant posted:

1,200 manual fishing attempts, only got 28 gold fish.

Gold fliers are for some weird reason much less common than other gold fish; that rate is about right for fliers.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Also eventually you’ll pick up the “3% chance for wine to start at 20 days” so you can deal with excess by selling off all your zeros and dumping wine in to fish for hits.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

obi_ant posted:

Peach drink skips the quest, not completes it right?

Correct.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Umbreon posted:

Lol what? Then what the gently caress are they for? Why do them?

Well, mine pay out 50-80 mil or so and often have gold fish or rare items as rewards (Eg 90 moonstone), so maybe they’re just intended more for endgame.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

I really wish there was a way to set a “sell all but X” for items, for that matter. Sell any beets over 500, etc.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

susan b buffering posted:

This is basically the point of the storehouse.

Yeah but that would require spending an alarming amount of gold to set aside any useful amount of items; storehouse is great for stashing one of something, but given the number of items late game quests can require it doesn’t work for what I’d want it to do (stashing 500-700 of an item and selling anything over that number.)

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Large Testicles posted:

How the gently caress were you supposed to get Shark Teeth before the exchange center? Cause all of a sudden I need 50 and I only have 1 out of an 87 fishing skill. That sounds like something people should have been yelling at you about like catfish if you could collect them. Buddy.farm shows that you could only get 3 before that poo poo came out. Is Intruders Beware a newish quest?

Intruders Beware came out at the same time as the exchange center.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Xerol posted:

I assume PHRs are tied to your levels in some way, even the bad ones at 4x99 are offering 50m silver. If you're lower level and that's the best offer you're getting, I might just consider not doing them until you've progressed farther.

Yeah seriously.

For reference, here’s what I would consider to be a mediocre-to-bad request at 4x99.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Almost as good (though absolutely trivial requested items.)

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

do it on my face posted:

In game as Interroblast. Held off on posting about it until I knew I was hooked, and I'm 97/99/98/85 so uh. Hi.

There's really no hidden way to speed up the explore grind, is there? Beyond burning as much stamina at WC as possible?

Nope. Just keep spending stam at WC and you’ll get there eventually. (Make sure your orchard stays maxed so you can get as much stam per day as possible.)

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

H110Hawk posted:

Thanks. I don't yet have wheel spins and am going to way over cap from finishing a week of dailies.

Throw some in your storehouse, at a minimum; at least you’ll void fewer.

(And don’t worry too much about voiding them, they’re not at all rare and you’ll have plenty as time goes on.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Build cash, pets to 6, work on any quests you have remaining, explore, etc.