Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
It's probably not enough to overcome her loss of Republican voters, By WY allows cross party-voting for primaries. So, her hope really rested in her getting a strong enough share of the Republicans and overcome with Democratic voters wanting to maintain Cheney who is apparently a moderate on the basis of not wanting to take part in a fascist takeover of the government and overturning the will of the people.

She's probably not going to be successful, but I think it's fair to say there was at least a path to victory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Gros Tarla posted:

In opposition to what if not the taliban?
Al-Qaeda? The Taliban have connections to al-Qaeda and Bin Laden, but were not themselves responsible for 9/11.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

BonoMan posted:

In Wake County North Carolina there is a huge concerted effort (as I'm sure there is nationwide) for broke brained Q followers and other Maga folks to get into school boards, etc.
It's happening here in neighboring Chatham County too, specifically with the Moms for Liberty group. It's really interesting because the county leans pretty blue even in its more rural areas and has part of Chapel Hill anchored inside it. But the Republican sheriff nominee and school board nominees are out of their minds. The Republican strategy really is just throw crazy at the wall and see what sticks.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
In politics, you have to play the lawn game.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Okay now we're just getting lost in the weeds with some of these puns.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

smackfu posted:

Is the early voting line long because there are less places to vote?
Today is the last day of early voting in NC. There's no more voting here till the 8th, so for a lot of people, today is de facto election day.

There are also I believe less sites during early voting than there will be on election day, at least in my county.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Epic High Five posted:

Has Kirk always been a political prognosticator as well as talking head not-vampire conservative wunderkind, or is he just especially invested in this race?

He could hold a press conference where he blows up an orphanage on live TV and wouldn't be arrested. Not really how that sort of thing works.
I mean a medical board of many of his donors just stripped children of mainstream and researched healthcare that is often life and death, so not much of a difference.