Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I’m relatively new to the game and just finally got to the “grind” part of the game, what’s the best use of gold to progress in CL and such? Missions? Or buy credits directly? I did buy the battle pass thingy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I’ve been playing for about a week now and I just hit 51 with this deck <:-)

# (1) Elektra
# (1) Rocket Raccoon
# (2) Forge
# (2) Scorpion
# (3) Ironheart
# (3) Wolfsbane
# (3) Groot
# (4) Jubilee
# (4) Jessica Jones
# (5) Gamora
# (5) Spider-Woman
# (6) Odin
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRWxla3RyYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUm9ja2V0UmFjY29vbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSXJvbmhlYXJ0In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJXb2xmc2JhbmUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikp1YmlsZWUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikplc3NpY2FKb25lcyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3BpZGVyV29tYW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik9kaW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkdhbW9yYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2NvcnBpb24ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikdyb290In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJGb3JnZSJ9XX0=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

It’s pretty simple but there are so many synergies going on. Best advice I do is stack forge and lizard on a location I feel is a little more useless to make a juicier T6 with Odin hitting Ironheart/GotG gang/spider woman, or even firing off Elektra a second time. Good guesses with the GotG also help burst ahead.

If anyone has suggestions for how to improve it or cards that will fit in well in the future shout it out

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Does anyone have a discard deck for around CL400? I’m tryna make things work but it feels like it’s too unfocused.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mierenneuker posted:

Bad news: it will feel that way until you get several specific pool 3 cards. And right now there seem to be two different discard types that each want different pool 3 cards. And it will make discard feel better but it'll still be coinflippy.

What’re those pool 3 cards? Death, Hela, Knull, etc?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Wait so is it better to store credits or upgrade every card possible to advance CL?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

My Lv 51 cache had a winter Devil Dino in it :3

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

No Wave posted:

That's interesting - I've never seen the CL594 tech explained anywhere else but I suppose it was only a matter of time given that we figured it out here. Congrats on getting it done.

What’s the quick explanation on this?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

So I’m at CL497, I know I get my last Pool 2 card at the next level but I’m curious what other parts of the game change? I know you have a 1-in-whatever chance of getting Pool 3 cards from the caches and you start getting the tokens (is that per level? Per game? Also only from the caches?) but is that it?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Doom worth the 1000 tokens? I don't have Patriot

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

is the sera/angela bundle so much worse because you can buy it directly with $, as opposed to the sunspot bundle, which you either had to buy two $40 gold purchases or one $100 gold purchase?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Rank 55 today… really whanna try to climb to 60…

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I know everyone here was waiting with bated breath to hear it, but I hit 60 earlier! And got a…pixel variant Nakia!!

But I also bought Patriot from the token store and am having a blast trying out the best way to make him work. I don’t have Brood or Debrii yet, but I’m making it kinda work. Any tips?

# (1) Squirrel Girl
# (1) Misty Knight
# (2) Scarlet Witch
# (2) Shocker
# (3) Patriot
# (3) Cosmo
# (3) Cyclops
# (4) Ka-Zar
# (5) Blue Marvel
# (5) Abomination
# (6) Onslaught
# (6) Ultron

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Who’s most likely to eat a nerf here? Leader, probably, right?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

canyonero posted:

In the November (?) dev update video, they said this was a thing they want to do eventually (match variants with their tokens).

It would be really phenomenal if they managed this.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Ummm leader is in my token shop this morning. Should I still buy him if that nerf is accurate?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Bought Leader, expect him to be nerfed into the ground next week now

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Opopanax posted:

Leader players are bad and you should feel bad

I will fight you (in battle mode)

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

DrBouvenstein posted:

Oh right.

I still get mixed up on the "1-cost card" vs "card that costs 1" terminology. I don't know what they could do to fix that, it just seems like really sloppy mechanics/terminology...like, it is ever explained anywhere is some official Snap document in-game that those mean different things, or is it just a "gotta play a bunch to figure that out"?

yeah this is a weird one, it seems very inconsistent on this terminology in particular

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

flatluigi posted:

by the time you get enough collector's tokens to start buying things you'll have a lot better of a grasp of what cards you'd need

I got 3000 when I hit...500? or something like that? which is enough for 3x Series 3 cards, which, imo, is where you should be focusing at first. I bought Doctor Doom, Patriot, and now Leader, all pretty reasonably good cards, so I'm content with that. Would have also taken Mystique, Sera, and maybe Wong.

I'm also currently stopped at CL590 though, so, I might have slightly different goals atm.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Tender Bender posted:

I have a lot of issues with Snap's verbiage, but the Cost thing I think is fairly consistent.

Cards cost what they cost. If they're discounted in your hand, they cost the displayed number. When you play them, their energy cost reverts to their regular, non discounted cost. They are then a "X-cost" card, whatever number X equals. A card does not keep it's discounted status on the board and the game communicates that to you.

So if Sera discounts Bucky Barnes to 1, he is a 1 cost card. You can't play him on a zone that prohibits that. Once you play him, he's no longer discounted. The game shows he costs 2, and he cannot be killed by Killmonger.

Honestly guy you just explained this better than Snap ever could or would.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Arzaac posted:

It's really consistent, I think people are just stuck on the terminology. If card costs were referred to as "base cost" and "current cost" or something, I don't think anyone would have any issue with it.

Now if only they could make “destroyed” work consistently between Wolverine, Knull, and Yondu.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

DrBouvenstein posted:

Speaking of dropping money, I can't believe I'm seeing so many of those anime waifu avatars.

I mean, granted, I say this as both someone who does not care about anime anything, and ALSO does not really care about card variants, so I'm hardly one to judge. But still...$50?!

People with more money than sense paying $50 for Sera adds up, to me.

I just wish *I* had more money than sense.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

BoldFace posted:

Brode confirms that the Leader power reduction is just a temporary measure and that they're going to nerf/rework him again in the future.

https://twitter.com/bbrode/status/1610777789350940673
https://twitter.com/bbrode/status/1610777791754309633

welp, I goofed it

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I did the 590 tech, hit 90, got impatient and finally upgraded my CL. First game I get hit with Polaris, Sera, Wave, Lockjaw poo poo. So it begins, aye?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Sandwolf posted:

I did the 590 tech, hit 90, got impatient and finally upgraded my CL. First game I get hit with Polaris, Sera, Wave, Lockjaw poo poo. So it begins, aye?

Just fyi for anyone else considering doing this: do it. Stop at 590. After that the game doesn’t give a gently caress. I’m immediately going up against folks with all variant decks that are maxed out, cards I don’t even have a prayer of getting for months (Darkhawk). Just loving stupid. Why don’t they have this on a sliding scale. It’s very frustrating.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I just don’t know why they couldn’t do both? Have it set so you only play folks with +/- 100 CL from you until you finish Pool 3 or something and THEN take the training wheels off. I don’t understand the logic of “well you have practically four Pool 3 cards, might as well get in there with the best of them.”

But yeah my competitive ranking is definitely making it worse.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Kaddish posted:

The snap.fan app doesn't work with ios, at least last I checked.

I bought Mystique today, the last card I'll be able to buy for a good long while.

You *can* do it manually if you care enough.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

just got Death, anyone have any fun mostly-pool-3 destroy decks?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Replacements for Hood? Debrii? Sinister for the Debrii?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

It p much bankrupted me on gold but I had to get the House of X Prof X. It’s beautiful..

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Sounds like Morph? Maybe?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

JackDarko posted:

Yup, you may need to change your mindset from wanting to win to wanting to learn. You’ll face a lot of decks and can take note of which you thought were the coolest. From there, you can head toward building that.

lmao as someone who was bitching in this thread a lot about the 590 thing it’s basically the above. I’d recommend at least tryna get up to 70 for a reasonable goal & good chunk of credits. But after 590 the game definitely feels like you’ve just left the “tutorial” and now you’re playing with the big boys.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Give me one credit and one token for every win. If people want to grind out 6000x wins for a S5 card I’m fine with it, and it allows me to feel like my random average games are accomplishing something other than 26 BP XP.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Patch Notes posted:

Arnim Zola’s copied cards can be added to locations locked by Professor X.

Now why gently caress is that the case? X was the only way I had to fight this stupid loving wong-mystique-BP-Zola poo poo I have been getting slammed with.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

BGrifter posted:

lol guess I’m never gonna be a Pro.

The patch notes were real and wow those buffs/nerfs are awful. It’s like they didn’t even consider the possibility of having to balance cards that don’t care about power or energy adjustments.

It’s starting to feel like Second Dinner is way too small to handle a game on this scale.

Sunspot bundle honestly looking like a great deal compared to the two this week

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

flatluigi posted:

I don't really follow the argument any more than that premise (especially since I think the matchmaking doesn't even work like that?) but w/e

Matchmaking 100% does work this way, you can’t artificially put yourself in a new group by playing all P2 cards or w/e

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

flatluigi posted:

finally got the chance to read the patch notes myself and I think the person who was frustrated at 'Arnim Zola’s copied cards can be added to locations locked by Professor X.' might have missed that it was under 'known issues' and isn't intended new behavior

Correct!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Next two bundles were leaked, if anyone is pooling gold for the next bundle. The other bundle actually seems like a decent deal? Maybe? Probably worth $5

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

>:-) I just got Brood, he seems like he’s in a lot of things, but he easily slots into Patriot decks and Surfer decks, correct? Anything else he’s big in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

BGrifter posted:

I feel like they designed themselves into a bit of a corner with how dependent the game is on Cosmo to keep uh… pretty much everything in check.

2 energy 2 power “This card flips and counters the next On Reveal played here” or something could bring some variety to the “stopping on reveal” idea