Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
They knew what they were getting into when they put themselves in Disney's pocket. The lesson they take from this is not to be less greedy, but to be more subtle with their schemes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
I guess they're actually launching the game next month.
https://youtu.be/r-_ITjnwmG4

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
I wonder if Marvel is forcing their hand and making them put the game out sooner than the team planned.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
I'd really like if they added some way of buying cards outside of your current pool with gold. Maybe make the offered cards random and limit purchases to three per week.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011

Squiggly posted:

Why does cyclops exist and is there a chance they make him playable?

I feel like every other card is somewhat playable except for him

It's always possible that future cards can make vanilla decks (decks with many effectless cards) more viable.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
They're also adding a new free currency called Collector Tokens that can used to buy randomly appearing cards from the shop. I assume the cards can be outside of your current pool, so even new players can get their hands on some pool 3 cards without grinding. Devs have also said that after collector tokens are added, they will start adding a new card to the game every week, which means that pool 3 is going to start growing pretty significantly.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
I think it would be cool if they considered adding more voice lines to some of the rarer variants. Could help sales too.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
I really hope they add a draft mode that can be played by paying gold. Would allow new players try more cards sooner and give a better alternative to refreshing missions with gold.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
Does stalling even make any difference? I thought the matchmaking tries to match similar CL players with each other, so even if you're early pool 2, it's not going to match you with someone who has almost finished pool 2.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
Am I the only one who thinks that the pixel variants look really ugly? I don't have anything against pixel art in general, but these seem particularly low effort.

edit: I mean, just look at it.

BoldFace fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Oct 26, 2022

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
Are there any stats on which locations are the most common and the most uncommon?

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011

TV Zombie posted:

What are the limits in constructing a deck?" I tried to fiddle around with it and got one of those warning/error signs but no explanation as to what the error was with my desk construction.

I think it is bugged somehow. I've had the warning symbol go away just by exiting and re-entering the deck edit screen.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
One UI thing I'd like to have is when I hover a card above the board, the game should hilight all the targets/affected cards. For example, hovering Kazar would hilight all my 1-cost cards, and hovering Enchantress would hilight all the enemy cards with an Ongoing effect.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
I just hope they're not too stingy with it. A f2p player should be able to craft at least a single card every week.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
Turn 1 infinaut is pretty good if you have one. Might as well run shang chi to counter similar moves by your opponent.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
The problem with additional card draw is that with such small decks, it would become too easy to get your combo pieces. That's why they more often opt for "draw a card from your opponent's deck" or "get a random card" kind of effects.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
I wonder if they're going to try building some kind of esport scene around this game.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011

Doltos posted:

There's a lot of weird inconsistencies in this game. Like Kraven can get buffed even if no one moves to his spot due to a full location.

I think Kraven gets buffed even if someone on the opponent's side moves to his location.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011

KungFu Grip posted:

i just think its ugly

Villains in comic books often tend to be.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
I don't think there is a clear boundary between pools like many seem to think. Late pool 2 players can get matched against early pool 3 players.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
People like to make fun of Quicksilver and Domino, but they honestly feel pretty decent in my early pool 3 Lockjaw/Jubilee deck.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
This is probably the only variant I would consider spending gold on.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
The Arnim Zola / Leader interaction is absolutely hilarious.
https://youtu.be/RGtBQLYzdtI?t=396

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
One thing to note about pool 3 is that the collection level rewards will improve in a future update. Currently, Collector Caches have 20% chance of dropping boosters which, frankly, are worthless. They will be replaced with Collector Tokens which can be used to buy new cards from the shop. It might be better to hoard your credits now close to the 5k cap and only advance your CL after the update happens.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
Ben Brode shares three of his own decks.
https://youtu.be/8BuB7mgpWNs

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
I would absolutely love Wasp in my half-assed Lockjaw deck. Zero cost Infinaut and possibility to play it alongside a 6 energy card on turn 6 sounds awesome.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011

Tender Bender posted:

What are some good decks that use Jubilee, seems like you need something top-heavy and able to endure RNG.

Edit: ah I see one above... I can see Mr Negative playing nice with her

Lockjaw and Jubilee go hand in hand (or paw).

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011

RevKrule posted:

Getting out of pool 2 has been an absolute slog. Finally did it and my first pool 3 card is...rhino :negative:

Also finally got up to CL40 after going nowhere in the 30s all weekend. Between seriously bad rng (seriously had more than half my kazoo games ruined by drawing all my 4+ cards first and never getting ebony maw until t4) or bad locations (had a game that was straight death's domain -> negative zone -> sewer system) or bullshit plays by opponents (everyone else had at least 2 pool 3 cards to my...none) or enemies retreating the second I snapped (had one opponent retreat before the Killmonger animation even finished), it was a really bad weekend.

Rhino is a pool 2 card, so don't despair yet.

edit: Pool 3 starts at CL486

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011

The Grumbles posted:

Are there any other themes? I can't think of any beyond the GOTG cards I guess all the Iron Man type cards/locations buff power levels, but that's just three cards. You've got the two goblins who fly over and subtract power I guess?

There are other Wakanda cards that are meant to buff cards in your hand like Black Panther.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011

buffalo all day posted:

This one is quite fun, you really only need wave/sif/ghost rider so you have two ways to cheat her out early, once you do that it’s just dropping big dudes:

# (3) Wave
# (3) Lady Sif
# (4) Jubilee
# (4) Ghost Rider
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Crossbones
# (5) Taskmaster
# (5) Devil Dinosaur
# (5) Black Panther
# (5) Captain Marvel
# (6) America Chavez
# (6) Agatha Harkness
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQWdhdGhhSGFya25lc3MifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlRhc2ttYXN0ZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFtZXJpY2FDaGF2ZXoifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IldhdmUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikdob3N0UmlkZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikp1YmlsZWUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkxhZHlTaWYifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkNhcHRhaW5NYXJ2ZWwifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkRldmlsRGlub3NhdXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNoYW5nQ2hpIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJDcm9zc2JvbmVzIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJCbGFja1BhbnRoZXIifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

I'm not seeing any support for Black Panther. Is he really worth it for just 8 power at 5 energy?

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011

Waffleopolis posted:

So it's best right now to not redeem any CLvL rewards until the update drops, correct?

I'd say it's another case of pointless minmaxing like trying to stay in pool 1/2 longer than necessary. Whatever you choose to do, one or two months from now the difference will be negligible.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
I think we're finally starting to see what the real business model of this game is. It's not about selling cosmetics. It's about selling priority access to the newest cards which will gradually become cheaper to obtain as time passes.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
The first two pool 3 cards are guaranteed drops, not caches. There's not really any reason to not collect them right away.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011

KazigluBey posted:

Aren't variants also important for progressing collection levels, especially if a variant of a card you use a lot any way?

No. All cards with gray borders can be thought to be worth 25 credits. As far as progression goes, spending 700 gold for 25 credits is not a great deal.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011

Studio posted:

lmao. I didn't know locations could dupe. The transform into another location is an "at the end of turn 4" thing I believe

No, I'm pretty sure it's at the beginning of turn 4.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
Let's see how many days it takes for players to notice that a bunch of new cards were added to the game, but obtaining them requires a small statistical miracle or spending actual money. All you can really do is watch streamers play them.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
I kinda wish they would have buffed some of the weaker cards instead of just doing nerfs.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011

Tender Bender posted:

Nothing big but I hate balance changes that are just tinkering around for no reason like the Angela one. "She's not overpowered, we just see people use her a lot so we're nerfing her just because."

Angela's problem was that she was viable in almost any deck.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011

Crummelhorn posted:

Reserves aren't supposed to contain boosters anymore, right? I just opened one after the update and lo and behold, 20 Beast boosters. Bug?

If there was a cache or reserve you could have opened prior to the update but chose not to, it can still contain boosters and cannot contain series 4/5 cards. All future caches/reserves you unlock by increasing your CL will not have boosters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
I've heard many good things about the Lockjaw-Dracula discard deck, so if that doggo shows up in your store, don't hesitate to pick it up. Lockjaw is one of the few archetype defining cards, so it's good to have in general.