Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synonymous
May 24, 2011

That was a nice distraction.
Is CL590 still the recommended stopping point for banking credits before moving forward? I popped a card to infinite and stopped at 592, and it seems like all of a sudden I get the absolute poo poo kicked outta me, particularly in Conquest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synonymous
May 24, 2011

Did anyone else have this happen to them, or is it just a weird bug on my end?
e: Pig was replaced by Bucky for every instance of Pig on the board, thanks to some White Queen/Falcon stuff

Synonymous
May 24, 2011

God I hope they nerf HE decks soon. They're incredibly unfun to play against- I feel like unlike other decks, to neutralize a HE deck you need to cover a lot of avenues at once.

With other decks I've come across (e.g. Destroy), they're completely wrecked if the opponent has one or two counters (e.g. say, a Cosmo and Armor). HE has such good synergy with cards that every chucklefuck is going to have it's infuriating to see those dumb gold bubbles.

Synonymous
May 24, 2011

Is it dumb as hell to spend Collector tokens on "random 3 series drops"?
Every time I get ruined by another Hazmat deck I'm sorely tempted (and occasionally have) pulled the trigger on the RNG just in the hopes of getting Luke Cage, but then I had the thought maybe by buying S3 cards via this method, I'm increasing my chances of lovely skins in the Collector Boxes I get through level up, as the boxes may have otherwise contained those same S3 cards.

I hope that made sense, it's a messy and obtuse system
I just want Cage

Synonymous
May 24, 2011

Thanks all, I'll try to keep the rage tempered and hold out for the big prize

I've been having pretty good luck with my key pulls recently, but that could well change and should really start planning for longer metas. I'm only CL2000 so I guess it's still pretty early days.

Synonymous
May 24, 2011

Marx Headroom posted:

How are these decks beating you? Luke Cage is an autowin but there are a few ways to deal with the usual suspects (Cosmo their Wong, surprise T6 Shadow King, etc)

Usually a Wong > Mystique > Hazmat, although I've also been getting hit with a few of what I call revolver decks (Wong > Mystique > Gambit)
TBH I think the real culprit is Wong, it's just I have options for most of the other Wong wins, but without Cage I don't have anything that can prevent power saps

Also after grinding my rear end off for keys I FINALLY landed War Machine. From this drop I really wanted either WM or Silk
I don't really want to play him right now, but I feel like I want to have him in the pocket. I had one key saved (got Phoenix Force), worked hard for another (Silver Samurai) then finally WM on the third with a day to spare. Thank christ.

Synonymous fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Apr 1, 2024

Synonymous
May 24, 2011

Marx Headroom posted:

Here are some things that gently caress up Wong > Mystique > whatever:

Cosmo
Enchantress
Rogue
Spider-Man
Storm
Professor X
Magneto
Aero
Doctor Octopus
Leech
Negasonic Teenage Warhead

And if you're rich:
Echo
Annihilus
Lady Deathstrike

You can also just retreat if they put down Wong and snap. Lucky for you Wong decks are very easy to dismantle, that's why they never make the top tier lists!

I do have the unstruck ones listed. Annihilus has been good for my "Sorry It Has Come To This" title deck, maybe I'll work him into a couple more.

No Fun Allowed
(1) The Hood
(1) Yondu
(2) Scorpion
(3) Green Goblin
(3) Cosmo
(3) Viper
(4) Shang-Chi
(4) Sentry
(5) Hobgoblin
(5) Annihilus
(6) Doctor Doom (I just like the Tarot variation)
(6) She-Hulk

Devo posted:

So the thing about Yondu is that he actually sucks. That deck really wants Ravonna Renslayer, but if you don't have her yet then Iceman is both better than Yondu and makes your opponent feel worse when he hits their on curve drop.
Yeah, he was a lot more destructive before his rework. I don't have Ravonna, but will test out Iceman. Thanks!

Synonymous fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Apr 1, 2024

Synonymous
May 24, 2011

Skippy McPants posted:

Nah, they don't need to give Mill an upside. Mill decks in any card game should never be competitive, and in a game as short as Marvel Snap they should never be more than a meme.

A meta Mill deck would be loving miserable.

gently caress mill in all its incarnations
I got into deck building games via MTG during Return to Ravnica, I still want to burn House Dimir to the ground

Also still riding my hatred for Mystique/Wong, Zemo could disrupt that rhythm I guess.

Synonymous
May 24, 2011

GarudaPrime posted:

I'm really curious about the patch now, and what they have planned for Thanos if anything.

Honestly after playing around with him. He's absolutely fine right now. Even without changing some cards around which I'm sure we should be doing just playing his best deck from pre ota is basically a super solid deck.

Someone did the actual math and making him start in hand only makes it 4% less likley to see a mind stone when you would have drawn one instead of him.

You play the deck and it feels chunkier, but Thanos clunking is like most other decks just doing thier average draw. Plenty of times it just feels like playing old Thanos, in that he sits in your hand doing nothing all game while you manhandle your opp.

I guess the stats will show in a few days on untapped how bad it is for the deck.

I've started adding Spider-Ham into decks that have a little bit of wiggle room specifically to gently caress with Thanos players

Synonymous
May 24, 2011

Marx Headroom posted:

Be careful about this with MMMobius running around!

Sorry this is from a little ways back, but how would Thanos getting hammed benefit a M.M Mobius deck?
I haven't come across him a whole lot, and when I have it's usually because a Collector deck got him by accident, so I'm not sure of how the synergy works

Synonymous
May 24, 2011

Devo posted:

The pig has a base 0 cost. So if you Pig, say, a Mockingbird and they have MMM out, then they suddenly have a 0/9 card in their hand.

Ah drat, thanks for pointing that out!
I kind of assumed the Pig inherited the original card's cost for some reason, but that makes sense.

Previously the worst biteback I've gotten from Spider-Ham was when you ham Infinaut but that's worse

Synonymous
May 24, 2011

gently caress yeah first key

Synonymous
May 24, 2011

I'm one of the filthy new HE-ers (something about living long enough to see yourself become the villain) and drat this makes me wish I had sprung for Red Hulk. HE, RH, She-Hulk, and Hulk!Classic... oh man, just thinking about it

It's also just nice to have a reason to use Cyclops, I like the Alexander Lozano variant :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synonymous
May 24, 2011

ijyt posted:

great update

I warned you about light mode bro
I told you dogg

This message brought to you by dark mode gang

E: aw man, my 7 day login reward was Baby Wolverine. I deserve it for this post but still