Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Anyone else unable to raise their collection level right now? I raise it, try to claim my reward, the game says that ti can't do that right now, try again in a few minutes.. so I restart my game and all the boosters and credits are refunded and the card is back where I first had it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

goferchan posted:

50% chance of getting one from the caches. After CL1000 it goes down to 25%

:psyduck:

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Dude you have Wong and Mystique, I think you're okay. Also a bunch of key players in a bunch of really good decks.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

stev posted:

gently caress, I was hoping I might have until next Tuesday to hit 1000. So close.

Yeah I'm at 911, not enough time or coins. QQ

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

CitizenKeen posted:

I was mostly hoping somebody would point out a Pool 3 archetype I both had and also didn't know existed.

But I'll settle for pity and an acknowledgement that I have lovely luck.

It's mostly upgrades to existing Pool 1/2 decks. Deadpool is amazing in the destroy archtype, Quinjet slots right into Devil Dino. Mister Negative IS an archtype.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Yeah Angela is literally the best two drop in the game and used in like. every deck. I appreciate that the balance team does seem to be paying attention.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Any news on a fix for the Reserve/Cache bugs?

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

You have Hela and Hell Cow. Play discard.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Ubersandwich posted:

I just learned mysterio's illusions become real when combined with patriot, at least think that's what happened.

Illusions are 0 power cards with no abilities so Patriot buffs them.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Okay I just saw someone Moon Girl, then skip turn five and drop double she-hulk plus a full hand. ..And then she showed up on my token shop. Yep. Easiest buy of my life.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Sometimes this game just hates you. My last four new cards were Wasp, Drax, Black Cat, and Crystal.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Okay Silver Surfer is almost certainly going to need to eat a nerf.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

doingitwrong posted:

Leech deck loses to “dumbly out good stats through to turn 5”. If you are ahead on board when they invest a full turn on Leech, then all that’s really left is to think about where they’ll put Leader.

Speaking of cards that need to eat poo poo. Leader should really be 0 power for how absurd it is.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Even the discard deck is playing Leader oh god nerf this lovely card already.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

THis Leech/Leader meta is absolute garbage and oh god please kill Leader already.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Fifty dollars for.. Anime Angela and Sera. What the gently caress.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

..You know I was enjoying the battle pass card not being complete and utter bullshit till Surfer and Zabu double feature.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

oh my god that isn't a leader nerf at all l o loving l. Also oh god they really should have hit Surfer.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

No it doesn't.

Also what the hell Snap. I have been stuck unable to get out of this game. It keeps saying reconnecting to game and reconnecting account. I've tried reinstalling the game and I'm still stuck here unable to leave.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Sandman Meta incoming

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

okay why is there a 2 notification by the gear on the main menu it's obthering me

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

oh god it's Sokovia day, ew.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Did the mystery thing got a really cool... Quake.. variant. So hey.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Rank 70 for the first time ever. :toot: Climbed all the way from rank 10 so far as I kinda took Savage Land off due to the Zabu/Surfer meta being godawful.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

This meta needs to be kneecapped.

Make Lockjaw 4 energy and/or only trigger once a turn.
Revert the Thanos buff and hit some of the stones.
Make Quinjet minimum cost 1 like every other reduction effect on cards.

Take Shuri out back and shoot her, she is so absurdly far above the curve.

Make Leech one turn, and nerf Aero's power a bit more.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Announced on Discord, new series drop hitting with next patch

Four to Three

M'Baku
Orka
Attuma

Five to Four

Zabu
Sauron
Shadow King
Shanna
Dazzler

PlasticAutomaton fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Mar 13, 2023

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Knowing that I've got two more absolute dud cards in my pool when I'm still trying to get Polaris is pain.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

I got Dan Hipp.. Nick Fury..

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Oh Shuri absolutely needs to be hit. Being a 4/12 at worst that makes Taskmaster ridiculous is just too much.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

They really left Shuri as is :psyduck:

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

So uh if you have Shuri pinned, grab her because l o loving l she's now uncontestedly the best deck in the format.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Yeah if you have Shuri pinned get her, Shuri/Zero is uncontestedly the best deck in the game.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

LGD posted:

what? like half of the changes here were directly aimed at Shuri decks

Shuri isn't running a crazy value engine or shutting down your opponents game plan, it was just an accumulation of some of the strongest cards in the game + had the potential to just create too much power for other decks to beat with its good hands, so all these changes chip away at it by making it less consistent/more prone to opposing interaction/less overwhelming in the amount of power generated

generating a lot of power is something other decks do well, just not as well, you don't necessarily need drastic changes to bring Shuri down to a range where other things can compete

these things also work in combination - i.e. the Red Skull change doesn't really nerf it in isolation, but that's fine, Shuri->Red Skull for effective 22 power (24 with shuri) to likely win a single lane isn't actually that unreasonable (compare to stuff you can do with Dracula, Devil Dinosaur/Mystique, etc.), where it gets broken is with Taskmaster who then adds +30 power to a different lane, this cuts that line down by 4 power and makes it more vulnerable to disruption (via shang, aeroing the red skull into fisk tower, etc.), which significantly increases the chances other decks can compete

this is exacerbated by the she-hulk and aero changes also cut down on the decks' power with less ideal hands (and with cards that had been identified as being a bit strong even in other circumstances)

all of this might very well not be enough (I think it is likely shuri zero is still a top deck), but it's clearly an effort at reigning the dominant decks in without destroying them - I think it's reasonable to let the meta fall out a bit before crying that the nerfs weren't sufficient

e: I am excited for High Evolutionary, strength aside it'll be fun to have something else to do with the vanilla cards beyond Patriot, especially some of the ones that don't usually see play even there

It's almost like the real problem with the deck is the 4 drop that can give up to 15 13 extra power and it's hilariously easy to protect

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

What kind of lunatic plays Shuri in a Galactus deck

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Okay is there anything that actually beats Shuri? I've been stuck at 65 with Serahawk, but it's literally nothing but Shuri decks anywhere on the ladder right now and even enchantress + Shang Chi is not enough to consistently beat this poo poo. I really wanted to play the bounce deck but it just gets dumpstered by Shuri and I'm very much in a "If I can't beat them just play the bullshit" mode myself.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

the_american_dream posted:

Yea I flipped to that mode today and dusted off shuri.

If you’re up against a half decent player then your hope is early leech, lucky cosmo snipe, they miss cards or the locations are in your favor. Otherwise play it out until they snap :/

I get wanting to slow play nerfs but still cannot get over how poo poo this patch was. If I didn’t have shuri myself it’d probably be time to find another game at least until the next patch

I don't even get it. They even hit the correct nerfs to the Thanos deck (Quinjet absolutely should not make things cost 0, putting the Sera/Zabu rider on it was a sanity check) without mauling it, the She-hulk nerf was good.. just.. they didn't touch Shuri. And buffed Red Skull. :psyduck:

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Hit rank 80 for the first time this season. :toot: Sera control teching in Magneto as a surprise top end is fun. No one ever sees it coming.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Those actually look like good changes. A couple of buffs to go with a couple of nerfs.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

..Also the last Red Skull nerf was a buff anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

I swear to god I have faced 20 Galactus decks in a row tonight :shepface: