Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

I was bouncing around in rank until I settled on a pretty basic pool 2 ongoing deck. I'm CL735 and pushed from rank 45 to 60 over the last 3 days. It's like I can see the matrix now.

# (1) Ant Man
# (1) Nightcrawler
# (2) Armor
# (2) Colossus
# (2) Lizard
# (3) Mister Fantastic
# (3) Punisher
# (4) Warpath
# (5) Iron Man
# (5) Klaw
# (6) Spectrum
# (6) Onslaught
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQW50TWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJN
ckZhbnRhc3RpYyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUHVuaXNoZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZ
CI6Iklyb25NYW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IktsYXcifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik9
uc2xhdWdodCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTmlnaHRjcmF3bGVyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVm
SWQiOiJXYXJwYXRoIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBcm1vciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklk
IjoiQ29sb3NzdXMifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkxpemFyZCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3BlY3RydW0ifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

The perfect game for me is Lizard/Warparth on the right and Antman/Fantastic/Klaw/Onslaught mid. There's so much power projected out it's easy to overwhelm an opponent who's trying to win in all three lanes. And if the draws are bad you can usually spread out to use Spectrum instead. I've also been much better about snapping on turn 4 or retreating on 5/6 if I'm not 80% sure I'll win. There's only been one turn 6 Enchantress so far. The few other's I've encountered are played too early.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

New Leaf posted:

Also, can someone break down a Jubilee deck? I just pulled her, she seems necessary for a lot of weird decks that I can 8-9/10 cards build.

I've been doing well with Jubilee the last few days. I think this is the deck with the most likes on Marvel Snap Zone and there's a big explanation there. The basics are: do nothing for the first 3 turns other than maybe play Sunspot. If you have Jubilee to play turn 4 you can snap. Turn 5 Dino or skip. If you played turn 5 then Odin Jubilee on 6 to fire her off again (usually overkill) or play another big card and collect your cubes. I have SheHulk so skipping turn 5 let's me drop Dino+SheHulk on 6 for a big surprise. I feel like any of the 5 energy cards could be changed out.

Generally I try to dominate the two lanes my opponent is least focused on. Don't be afraid to retreat if your setup isn't coming together or the locations are bad.

Quicksilver
Sunspot
Domino
Jubilee
Devil Dino
SheHulk
Gamora
Klaw
America Chavez
Odin
Hulk
Infinaut

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

My goal for this season was to push to 60 for a cool variant. I was at 50 this morning so I switched to the meta Leech/Leader list and cruised to 60. I lost a few games because of dumb plays, like not counting before I dropped a Magneto, but overall it's a really solid list. If people would stop retreating after a turn 5 Leech I might have been able to climb quicker. My punishment was getting a very meh Omega Red variant. Afterwards I got Thanos from a collector's reserve so maybe I'll mess around with that while I try for 70.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

My goal for the season was to hit 60. I switched to the Leech/Leader list and I'm at 82 now with a legit chance to hit 90 before the season ends. I wish there was a speech emote for after a match that said "Unironically, I know and I'm sorry. I also hope they nerf Leader." Although it is fun when the other person plays Leader too and I still win.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

uXs posted:

Today I had Prof X block a Hobgoblin from jumping over, which I thought wasn't a thing.

I probably misremembered.

Still, it would be nice if the rules were consistent enough that it would be obvious what the rules are.

AzureFlame posted:

That "etc." At the end of his ability is load bearing

A weird Prof X interaction I wasn't expecting: Opponent has priority and drops Prof X while I drop Enchantress in the same lane. Prof X locks down the lane, opponent gives me the thumbs up, then my Enchantress does her thing and turns Prof X off. I guess it makes sense but it was not how I thought that would play out.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

I wish Blackbolt was more useful. He's a 5/8 who discards the lowest cost card from your opponent's hand. Even on Wong that's not a strong turn 5 play. If it was discarding a random card it might be better. Maybe with Moon Knight or Black Widow to limit their cards in hand.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

Quake is fun with the new location. She’s a chaotic turn 6 surprise. I’ve been playing a deck with Doc Oc, Quake, Death, and Deadpool. I’ll add Bucky too. It’s not winning a lot but it is fun when it works. I have Colossus and Bucky in there too. Maybe Nova and Carnage would be good adds.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

^^You monster!

Last season I made it to 96 with a Zabu/Surfer/Negative deck. I wasn't winning more matches but I was able to put out ridiculous power on turn 6 with Wong, meaning I won way more 8 cube matches. Now Zabu feels more in-line with the other cards and I'll go back to grinding.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

I've been messing around with a Sandman/Ronan deck. It's been working ok but Dino usually feels like a better option to play than Ronan. White Queen hasn't been played much so I might swap her out. Zola feels redundant when the big drops get doubled by Moon Girl but I do like being able to put power into unplayable locations. What would you change?

# (1) Agent 13
# (1) Nightcrawler
# (1) Quinjet
# (2) Zabu
# (3) Mystique
# (3) Maximus
# (4) Sandman
# (4) Moon Girl
# (4) White Queen
# (5) Devil Dinosaur
# (5) Ronan the Accuser
# (6) Arnim Zola
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTWF4aW11cyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUm9uYW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik15c3RpcXVlIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJOaWdodGNyYXdsZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFnZW50MTMifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlF1aW5qZXQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1vb25HaXJsIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTYW5kbWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJaYWJ1In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJEZXZpbERpbm9zYXVyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBcm5pbVpvbGEifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IldoaXRlUXVlZW4ifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

The general flow for me over the last few seasons has been to bounce around near my starting rank for a week until I settle on a deck I like. Then I have one good stretch where I rocket up, bounce around again, then slowly push to my ending rank. Last season Zabu/Negative really contributed to those 8 cube wins. I think I had one weekend where I jumped from 50 to 70. Now I’m 200 tokens away from Shuri and I feel like it’s going to be the same.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

I think Shuri by herself is mostly ok because in a ramp deck I can play Electro on 3, Dino 4, then two six cost cards. That’s a comparable amount of power. The problem for me comes when Sauron removes any downside from the big card and Taskmaster can copy it along with a decent one drop on turn 6.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

Snazzy Frocks posted:

shadow king wouldn't affect ongoing cards like dino right?

I don’t know about Shadow King but someone played a Valkyrie on my Dino once and the Dino kept the full ongoing power.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

I had a play the other day and I’m sure the other person finished the game cursing the bot AI. They dropped a Storm in the right lane. I wanted to keep the lane open so I dropped Thor and Reality Stone. The lane changed to Sakaar which pulled my Infinaut. Then it pulled their Odin, which kicked off Storm again to reflood the lane. Interactions like that are what keeps me coming back for another game.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

buffalo all day posted:

Chibi agent coulson noooo

Also Kang popped in my store, just need 200 tokens

Chibi Coulson here too. Last week I opened Attuma then got pixel Attuma the next day. I’m due for something great.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

The Sean posted:

I just had an awesome retreat. They played Hobgoblin at the new location that sets the base power to 2...

I did this today! If I cut out the dumb mistakes I’d definitely have hit infinite.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

I hit infinite today using mostly Thanos/Lockjaw and Shuri/Red Skull. I love the versatility of the stones combined with lockjaw gambling. Even if that interaction is nerfed Thanos is a fun card. That said, I'm done with those cards for a while. I legitimately thought something was broken with my matchmaking at the beginning of the season. The last two seasons I finished in the 90s then 80s and it was a struggle. This season it took me 4 days to hit 85 then another 4 to hit 95. Those first few days I had a bunch of games where I won 8 cubes on completely nonsensical plays from my opponents. Now I'm donating cubes for a few days. If you play Neighborhood Cat (a bit smelly but otherwise fine) say hello and I'll donate 8 for you.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

New Leaf posted:

Still figuring out how to Thanos. Feels like I'm just vomiting Soul Stones on the board.

The stones are your draw engine. Playing a stone (other than Power Stone) draws an extra card and more cards in hand means more options. Quinjet is a priority to get on the board to make stones free. Mind stone pulls stones out of your deck. If you're playing stones on Lockjaw always play Mind first to have a lower chance of pulling a stone from Lockjaw. Space and Reality are the most powerful. Playing Space on Lockjaw lets you move Lockjaw or a big card away from the lane so you can drop more stones into the gambling machine. Space Stone also lets you move a card into unreachable locations like Death's Domain. Playing Space into Gamma Lab on turn 3 means you can move a Hulk to another location to spread power. Reality Stone is great for dropping on turn 6 into Death's Domain or Luke's Bar with another card when your opponent won't expect to play anything there. My greatest joy is dropping a turn 6 Reality Stone on Limbo, ending the game, while your opponent plays nothing because they planned a big turn 7 drop. I try to hold Space and Reality Stones but if I have no others in hand I'll play them turn 1 or 2 to get the draws going.

I like to play Time Stone or Wave on turn 3 and snap so I can play Leech on 4. A lot of people retreat when Leech ruins their hand. Leech on 5 is risky unless you're playing it into Lockjaw. It's not a lot of power on the board. If you've played all the stones Thanos+Power Stone can usually win a lane by themselves but it's rare to play Thanos otherwise. Other cards have more power (Dino) or more utility (Aero, Magneto). The deck I used is pretty standard:

# (1) Sunspot
# (1) Quinjet
# (3) Lockjaw
# (3) Wave
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (5) Devil Dinosaur
# (5) Leech
# (5) Aero
# (6) America Chavez
# (6) She-Hulk
# (6) Thanos
# (6) Magneto
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3Vuc3BvdCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUXVpbmpldCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiV2F2ZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2hhbmdDaGkifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkxlZWNoIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJUaGFub3MifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1hZ25ldG8ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkxvY2tqYXcifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkRldmlsRGlub3NhdXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFlcm8ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNoZUh1bGsifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFtZXJpY2FDaGF2ZXoifV19
#

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

I got a basic Sunspot variant. Not a pixel or baby so I’m ok with it. I think right now the only card I’m willing to spend tokens on is High Evolutionary next month. The only big bad I don’t have is Kang and that’s not exciting enough to spend tokens on. There are a few other cards I’d like but none I need.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

All these data mined cards and I don’t recall seeing one that moves everything right, like the opposite of Heimdall. That would be such a great addition for move decks.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

godogg posted:

Sandman Leader got me from 95-Infinite this afternoon. The pair of them are just filthy together. Sunspot is the flex spot, Scorpion also works, and I originally had Hobgoblin instead of Kang, but Kang feels pretty crucial for dodging big losses and is hilarious when pulled by Doc Ock. I'm honestly a little underwhelmed by Dino's performance, but I really want a big power 5-drop to Zola, so maybe Red Skull? Or Hobgoblin, because every deck needs more Galactus tech.

I've never played a deck this greedy before but I love how many avenues open up when you're playing Electro-Sandman-6-6

This deck took me from 95 to 100 today after grinding on 95 since last Friday. I finally took yesterday off other than doing dailies at the end of the day. This morning I had a few easy wins then made a careful climb. I don't have Kang so I used Black Panther instead. Panther -> Zola -> Odin got a few 8 cube wins. Sandman -> Leader -> Odin isn't often the right play but it's funny when it works. I also thought about swapping Iceman in for Sunspot but haven't tried it.

I don't care about rank but I do care about gold and those sweet, sweet variants. I also like playing move and bounce decks but they're too inconsistent for me to climb with.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

Dan Hipp Bast! Not bad for a free variant. When Ben Brode was on stream with Bynx earlier this week he said that Luke Cage was underrated. I was hoping for a buff. This is a good start.

He was also adamant that Bynx use the Hello! emote to start every game. If you get a Hello! maybe it’s Ben.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

Hit infinite today with this control deck. I was stuck bouncing in the low 80s until I started using this. It's a slow grind but it's safer. I rarely won 8 because the opponent knows they're boxed in. But I also had a much easier time knowing when to retreat. I used a few variations of the deck. The main cards for me are Professor X, Spider-Man, Dr. Doom, and Storm. I also like Jeff to move into the ProfX lane and Daredevil to win a lane on turn 5. Locking a lane plus Wave shuts down Kitty/Bounce/Sera decks hard. ProfX and Spidey shut down Galactus.

My optimal play is Nebula then Daredevil then Storm in the right lane usually followed by a Jessica Jones in the same lane. Turn 5 is hopefully locking (and winning) a lane with ProfX or playing Wave. Turn 6 depends on the board but Doom can spread power or Gamora + Rocket can put a lot in one lane.

It's easy to make substitutions. At different points I used Goose, Cosmo, Shang-Chi, Star-Lord, and Absorbing Man.

# (1) Nebula
# (1) Rocket Raccoon
# (2) Daredevil
# (2) Jeff the Baby Land Shark
# (3) Storm
# (3) Wave
# (4) Spider-Man
# (4) Jessica Jones
# (4) Enchantress
# (5) Professor X
# (5) Gamora
# (6) Doctor Doom
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSmVmZlRoZUJhYnlMYW5kU2hhcmsifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlN0b3JtIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJFbmNoYW50cmVzcyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUHJvZmVzc29yWCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRHJEb29tIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJKZXNzaWNhSm9uZXMifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNwaWRlck1hbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiV2F2ZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTmVidWxhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJEYXJlZGV2aWwifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkdhbW9yYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUm9ja2V0UmFjY29vbiJ9XX0=
#

The most helpful thing to me was knowing what I was playing against. Korg means Darkhawk so I try to save the Enchantress. Kitty, Angela, or Bishop mean a Bounce deck so save Wave for turn 5. Yondu into Electro means lock one lane with Storm and have Spidey or ProfX ready on Turn 5 for Galactus in the open lane. In a mirror match don't forget about a surprise Jeff on your locked lanes.

Doobie Keebler fucked around with this message at 01:17 on May 20, 2023

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

Kwanzaa Quickie posted:

Black Widow -> Wave -> Odin is getting me a lot of retreat cubes

Add Absorbing Man on that lane turn 5 then Orca a different lane turn 6. Or Galactus if they have a lane of Widow Bites. So many ways it could go wrong but it sounds hilariously frustrating if it goes right. Definitely building a deck for this later.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

SmockJoc posted:

I did it! Hit infinity for the first time with my FTP account. Wanted to thank everyone in this thread for the advice. Used a bunch of High Evo Lockjaw before swapping to Iron Patriot.

# (0) Wasp
# (2) Mister Sinister
# (2) Invisible Woman
# (3) Patriot
# (3) Cosmo
# (3) Debrii
# (3) Wave
# (4) Iron Lad
# (5) Iron Man
# (5) Blue Marvel
# (6) Onslaught
# (6) Ultron

Congrats! I bought Jeff instead of Iron Lad. I don’t regret it because Jeff really helped with my control deck but Iron Lad looks so strong in so many decks.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

I still think Hulkbuster should add the power and energy to the card it attached to. I want my Human Torch to laugh at Killmonger.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Oh poo poo you can play Jeff as a second card through sandman?

Yup! You can also play Jeff as a second card through Electro and on Space Throne.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

I started at 83 but got pixel Domino so what’s the point? Also I’m coming around on the baby variants. A lot of them have a Bill Watterson Calvin and Hobbes style that I like. Chibi variants are weird though.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

No Wave posted:

You mean iron fist -> spider man -> galactus?

Maybe Negasonic on 3 to keep the opponent’s power down in that lane.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

Hit infinite today. I started at 73 this season. High Evo decks feel really powerful. I switched between HE Lockjaw and HE Control. I wouldn't be surprised to see nerfs to HE Hulk and Cyclops. Now I'm working on the weekend missions and winning with Phoenix was a real chore. That card needs some kind of change to be useful in move or destroy decks.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

From the bug fixes:

quote:

Fixed an issue that would see some cards target a specific card in hand/deck rather than at random.

I knew that my opponents’ Moon Knights and Yondus were programmed to target the card I needed to win every time.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

Legion’s the card I’ve been most excited for. There’s a lot of shenanigans when you can mess with locations like that.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

I've been having a lot of success in conquest with this deck from KMBest:

# (1) Kitty Pryde
# (1) Quinjet
# (2) Angela
# (2) Mirage
# (2) The Collector
# (2) Armor
# (2) Sentinel
# (3) Cosmo
# (3) Agent Coulson
# (4) Nick Fury
# (5) Devil Dinosaur
# (5) Legion
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiS2l0dHlQcnlkZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUXVpbmpldCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQW5nZWxhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNaXJhZ2UifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlRoZUNvbGxlY3RvciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2VudGluZWwifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkNvc21vIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBZ2VudENvdWxzb24ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik5pY2tGdXJ5In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJEZXZpbERpbm9zYXVyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJMZWdpb24ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFybW9yIn1dfQ==
#

You have options of playing it like a Dino deck or Kitty/Collector deck, with Legion shenanigans mixed in. The original deck included Jeff but I swapped him out for Armor while destroy decks are popular.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

Quetzadilla posted:

Are you assuming this or did you test it? I'd be very surprised if this is actually the case since every other method of copying your opponents HE cards retains their evolved form (white queen, morph, that one location, I assume mirage does too). If Loki doesn't I'd expect that to be a bug rather than the intended interaction.

I can confirm that the cards my opponent’s Loki got from my High Evo deck were not evolved. But with Quinjet and Loki’s discounts they played a regular Hulk, Cyclops, and Wasp on turn 6.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

victorious posted:

I realised I've picked up enough pixel variants to build an Uglydeck, behold:

I actually think the Captain Marvel one looks ok. I also had Bast, Dr Strange, Absorbing Man and Black Panther but couldn't fit them in obviously. Absorbing Man and Bast are the worst looking pixels I have I think.

I find Pixel Groot really disconcerting. I don't know why but I don't like looking at it. Infinaut is ridiculous. Namor kind of looks like Nic Cage if I squint.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

Loki Collector mirror matches are the most fun I’ve had playing Snap. Just pure chaos of both players dumping their hand multiple times and filling the board. Playing against a non-Loki deck feels a bit cheap because I’m playing their cards back but cheaper.

Maybe Mobius will be a counter card in a few weeks. Loki still needs a nerf though.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

I've been having a lot of success in Conquest with a Zabu/Sera deck. I subbed in Ghost Rider and Black Cat. They fit well but GR is a dead card unless BC shows up before T6. Also, if you play Iron Lad in the same lane as Darkhawk it will 100% hit Enchantress and shut off your DH. Every time guaranteed.

# (1) Spider-Ham
# (1) Korg
# (2) Zabu
# (2) Jeff the Baby Land Shark
# (3) Rockslide
# (4) Darkhawk
# (4) Ghost Rider
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Enchantress
# (4) Iron Lad
# (4) Black Cat
# (5) Sera
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3BpZGVySGFtIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJJcm9uTGFkIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTZXJhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJLb3JnIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJKZWZmVGhlQmFieUxhbmRTaGFyayJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRGFya2hhd2sifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNoYW5nQ2hpIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJFbmNoYW50cmVzcyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUm9ja3NsaWRlIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJaYWJ1In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJHaG9zdFJpZGVyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJCbGFja0NhdCJ9XX0=
#

The Sean posted:

After they nerf Loki after the purchase window ends they'll buff Collector for "having gone too far."
Absolutely. I expect the first OTA of next season is Collector to 2/1 and Loki has a "minimum 1 power" note added like Quinjet.

Doobie Keebler fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Sep 15, 2023

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

Starsnostars posted:

I took a break just before Jean Grey was released and now I'm taking a look at the game again she's no where to be seen. Did she ever see any use and if so in what sort of decks?

Jean Grey isn’t a bad card but she’s not consistent. If your opponent can play low cost cards they can play the Jean lane and another. On the flip side, her power effects you too so you might be stuck in one lane. With Kitty Pryde being so popular Jean works against you a lot. I’d rather have a card like Mobius that costs the same and has zero downside.

Jean Grey can be fun and disruptive but I wouldn’t build a deck with it to climb the ladder. She works well with the Guardians to dominate one lane. Or Spideman to pull your opponent’s cards out of her lane to make them keep playing there.

Doobie Keebler fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Sep 26, 2023

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Anyone have any other suggestions for switching out? I want to get X-23, and have close to the number of tokens needed for a new Series 5, but I've been messing around the last day or two and I'm not that lucky. Unless it was a newer card and I'll be waiting a while for it to come back around post-season pass?

X-23 is coming up in a Spotlight Cache in a few weeks if you don’t mind waiting. It’ll save you the tokens.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

FireWorksWell posted:

X-23 is also this coming week. I'm hoping to pull her so I can get the variant later on.

Oh whoops, thanks for that correction. I’m trying to get it too and might have missed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

Drowning Rabbit posted:

I'm curious if you're talking about this bit:

So does this mean that I should be trying to upgrade my level to the Spotlight cache ASAP, then stop upgrading until the cache updates, and crack it then???

The whole spotlight cache is actually new to me. When I quit the Token system was JUST implemented, yet I have ~5k.

Here's a quick explanation of spotlight caches

After you pass Collection Level (CL) 500, Spotlight Caches will replace Collector’s Caches and Reserves every 120 CL. Thus, every 10 chests will become a Spotlight Cache.

Every week the Spotlight Cache will contain 4 possible rewards.

The new card of the week
Existing Series 4/5 Card
Existing Series 4/5 Card
Random Series 4/5 Card (If the random card is already owned, it will convert to 1000 Collector’s Tokens)

Here's what's in this week's cache and what's coming up in the future.

If you're playing and doing daily missions you should get four spotlight caches per season. I save them until I want a card. You can keep opening the regular caches in the meantime. Just be careful scrolling because it's really easy to open a spotlight cache by mistake.