Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

jiggerypokery posted:

no it's definitely the trans women and or immigrants

Oh and all the people who grew up getting their brains wrapped by video nastiest.

Aren't you glad they were banned now! If they hadn't all of the UK would currently be looking like the inside of the ladies toilets!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Pistol_Pete posted:

Better than video game chat, I guess.

Well know you just pretty much guaranteed the next few pages will be discussions about

Pistol_Pete posted:

piss, poo poo and vomit

In video games. That's on you!!!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Yeah if we are learning one thing today its that there are too many ministers

Boris once again shows his cunning brilliance by enacting this bold strategy to make the ministry more efficient!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

a pipe smoking dog posted:

I think if the chief whip tells him to resign it's all over.

No chief whip means he can't recruit replacements for one thing.

Oh god I hope he at least for a week or so, tries to go for the stupidest option of no whip and no election, so an ever dwindling amount of ministers remaining need to just daily justify why they're staying on.

dr_rat fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Jul 6, 2022

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Guardian reporting he's been told there is ministers waiting for him at No.10, to tell him to resign.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2022/jul/06/boris-johnson-rishi-sunak-sajid-javid-resignations-uk-politics-live-latest

I hope he doesn't go back there and just goes on the run.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Haha, they actually waiting till Monday? Like it's only a couple of days, but oh is the medias going to be brutal.

Hopefully Boris will of managed to find a few new ways to additionally gently caress over the tories before than.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

forkboy84 posted:

What sort of absolute turd is crying because Boris Johnson is getting pushed? loving hell.

I mean the type of absolute turd who decided to work for Boris Johnson I guess.
Probably one of his top selection criteria.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Hahah, the hell?

https://twitter.com/NicolaSturgeon/status/1544722873620758531

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

The_Doctor posted:

Have they taken him behind the chemical shed yet to meet the firing squad?

As far as I can tell they're waiting till ever last minister has had a chance to send in their resignation.

A very uncharacteristic display of fairness from the tories I must say.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

grobbo posted:

Loyal to the last, Harry Cole now appears to be proposing that this is *actually* all a deliberate tactic by Boris planned since last night, and he's summoning the saboteurs to him so he can crush their spirits one by one.
Lol, there's some people in the comments agreeing with him.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

happyhippy posted:

Gove is going to release a tape of Boris doing some sick poo poo.
Just you wait.

Unfortunately Gove's version of sick poo poo is like patting a puppy on the head and telling the puppy how good it's been, or having a nice time with friends at a park or something, so the devastating tape release will just leave most in the media confused.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

TulliusCicero posted:

Has Boris declared for the Cavaliers yet?

Is the English Civil War back on?

Did they dig up Cromwell again to yell at him and hang again?

I just checked and yes to one of those, but news sources are a bit unclear on which one.

So hedge your bets I guess? :shrug:

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

So how are we doing in the bunker? It has Boris Johnson married all of his mistresses and has Jacob moggs getting the cyanide capsules ready?

Last we heard he told Moggs to give the Cyanide capsules out, then when Mogg was done he tried to find Boris, an all anyone could find was an open back door blowing in the wind.

This is why country estates make terrible last stand fortified bunkers.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Angepain posted:

The Graph is back
Hahaha, even though the data was update only 20 minute ago, already out of date.

Also in the comments, "Gove is not included as he was fired and did not resign".

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

quote:

Boris Johnson has agreed to resign, but wants to stay on as PM until new Tory leader elected by autumn

Boris Johnson has agreed to resign, the BBC’s Chris Mason reports. He says he wants a new Tory leader to be in place by the party conference. He wants to stay on as PM until then.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2022/jul/07/boris-johnson-latest-resignations-today-conservatives-uk-politics-live#top-of-blog

LOL he's really is going to keep trying to just draw this out as long as possible isn't he? As long as it means the tories party keeps festering then good for him.

Also If he manages it are all those ministers just going to... unresign?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Well hopefully this shall be a glorious trainwreck:

quote:

Downing Street has issued a statement saying: “The prime minister will make a statement to the country today.” Boris Johnson is expected to deliver it from No 10 before lunchtime.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

lilljonas posted:

Future people will be baffled over a comparatively small scandal scuttling him compared to, well, *vaguely point at everyhing Boris has done ever*

Any future films /tv productions about the downfall of Boris will only work if they lean into it naturally being a comedy.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Flayer posted:

He's always late for these things and he's not going to resign

Three month late for the press conference you say.

It would be great if he just keeps on trying to delay it by saying he's not finished his speech yet. It would be such an utterly pathetic boris thing to do.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Just sitting here watching the coverage, waiting for the lectern to resign.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
most interesting thing so far is some yelling in the background. All fluff.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Oh benny hills back

Edit: yeah it's over. what a garbage speech.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Polls probably pretty useless, but still lol:

https://twitter.com/jamesjohnson252/status/1545033843480084482

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Has anyone just tried asking him discreetly, hey if we make sure you can still have your shindig there will you just step down?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2022/jul/07/boris-johnson-latest-resignations-today-conservatives-uk-politics-live#top-of-blog posted:

Bloomberg’s Joe Mayes reports that an officer on the 1922 executive has said they want the field of candidates whittled down to two by 21 July, when parliament goes on recess, and a new leader chosen by September.

If true, unfortunately that's only less then two weeks with a full field. Hopefully it's at least bloody and back stabby.

Still hard to believe they are actually willing to wait till September though. I guess they don't see that they have another choice.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

BalloonFish posted:

Some Victorians wanted to build a 950-ft pyramid on top of one of London's few hills, with an internal honeycomb structure, each cell of which would be the resting place of 24 corpses...with a total capacity of (iirc) 5 million dead Londoners.

Just seems like London being dominated by a gigantic Pyramid of Death should be a metaphor for something

Now it's just a metaphor for the rest of the Victorians being completely lame and not going ahead with the awesome gigantic Pyramid of Death. :colbert:

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Tesseraction posted:

Johnson's firing wrath backfires after he tries to fire Michael Gove again but Gove holds up a mirror and Johnson fires himself

Oh can tories be defeated by 80's teen horror movies logic, cos than everyone needs to stop believing in them and they can't hurt people no more.

Hopefully they don't work by Grimm's fairy tales, or Ancient Greek myth as like yeah like everyone just dies horrible in them. :(

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Jippa posted:

You can wrap the bottle in a towel or cloth as well. :)

Yeah, frozen ice bottle is usually better in a thin towel/sheet (also cooled if poosible). Also no AC, water on yourself plus fan is really good at cooling.

Also cold bath if you have a bathtub. Keep the door closed, and when you get out don't drain the water till it gets near room temp.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

As a non brit, "Visiting fellow of the policy Exchange, Lord Moore of Etchingham" That's a real person, place and/or title?

Like you're taking the piss right??

Right???

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Private Speech posted:

The one who is poised to win.

Why am I getting uncanny valley vibes from this. Like it's obviously a photo, but there is so much about it that just seems... off.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

OwlFancier posted:

We do the same analysis every time it's posted but please take note of the photo frame that is plugged into the coffee machine and the two foot high skirting board.

Also the seat/table(?) that the photo is on has three support wood beams near it's base. Why not four, that's just how you do that right... also why is there their those heightened bits on top, when it is clearly it's meant to have something resting on it, and that just makes that harder to do? Oh god now you have me actually looking at all the tiny details that I mean probably do have like some sort explanation I guess but are just that bit off.

Why are there so many!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Ah got it, so that would be why the three tables in the photo are of different heights I guess?

Anyway as a true conservative I say only birds should nest and nesting tables are immoral at a most basic level. :colbert:

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Dabir posted:

Nazi fucks are getting cute using soundalike words for "Jews". I've seen "greasy chu" elsewhere.

This is one of those times when what is being said is so bat poo poo crazy I honestly don't know if they were trying to be subtle about a "blame the Jews for everything" thing, or if they were legit thinking satellites were beaming lasers into dew on the ground to start fires.

Most likely both I guess. :shrug:

Edit:

Oh, yeah okay. That does explain the random capitalization. Just thought they were doing the classic old person randomly capitalize thing rant.

dr_rat fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Jul 19, 2022

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

crispix posted:

thatcher died alone, unloved and incontinent in a hotel room not knowing who or where she was, because she was a soulless psycho who went without sleep for decades

i know tories are heartless but it's odd that they keep demanding this fate for another person so publicly

Pretty sure dying alone, unloved and incontinence is a hotel room is a fate a lot of tories would think would be a very fine one as long as the hotel room was expensive enough.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
From that chart seems to me that some sort of mix of water/oxygen batteries are the way to go.

...Oh the machines from the matrix knew what they were doing after all. Sweet, lets just do that.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Those graphs clearly show the water is at the exact same level. Everything is fine. :colbert:

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

According to this Nessie is roughly 16km long.

Like the gently caress, is everyone looking for Nessie blind? Bastards a bloody mountain.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Microplastics posted:

I did think about that.

That means there's not enough jobs for them?

I'm assuming he misspoke and meant to say it the other way around. Probably giving him to much credit though.

I mean either way he's still a prick who want's to cut benefits when people are already barely hanging on, so doesn't really matter.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Necrothatcher posted:

A Keith and a Rees Mogg

Couldn't even begin to guess what terrible life choice and unfortunately series of wold events that could lead to someone seeing this while tripping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

OzyMandrill posted:

Keir Starmer in the bottom left outed as a tory voter I see.

I mean is that really "outing" him. Pretty sure there must of been at least one recent interview where he's mentioned being a life long tory voter who's just very confused about how he got his current job positions.