Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Discendo Vox posted:

Addiction is, itself, a health harm, and a deeper civic harm.

This is an outdated view of addiction, one that isn’t currently held by any major addiction medicine organization. Please educate yourself further before speaking out on topics of which you are ignorant. Willfully spreading this disinformation is harmful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

BonoMan posted:

I feel like DeSantis is a much more dangerous president than Trump. Being able to accomplish just as fascist things with less of a veneer of bombastic idiot-ness. Am I overthinking that?

He does seem to be hot-headed though so maybe that would make him more prone to campaign ending gaffes.

100%

DeSantis has come through the pandemic looking pretty good, and I’d imagine lots of moderates think he has the right approach to things. He frames his positions in a “common sense” way that appeals to low info voters (eg: “I just don’t think we should be allowing MEN to play in WOMEN’S sport leagues!!”). I’ve even seen papers like the Washington Post publish “DeSantis was right!” op eds.

He terrifies me, my only hope is that he’s too charismatic to beat Trump. His voice is really whiny :D

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

He also suggested we use nukes against hurricanes.

So yeah, depends on what your definition of "dangerous" is.

Don’t worry, our beloved democrats quickly passed legislation outlawing such a thing :rolleyes:

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Personally, I think teachers are in greater need of that money
https://twitter.com/JizzelEtBass/status/1540017030497275905

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

shades of eternity posted:

okay

One took a walk, cried, and wrote a book when she lost.

One did a coup and then built a miniature oval office on his estate so he could keep pretending when he lost.

They are not the same.

Yeah one handled it like the perennial loser she is, and the other actually fought to stay in power

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

shades of eternity posted:

I'm hoping that isn't support for January 6th and the destruction of democracy, but if it is, good to know. :)

No, it’s a clear and simple statement. Please don’t project additional subtext on to it.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

DarkCrawler posted:

What people? Literally nobody gives a poo poo about Hillary than rich people who just want to say they met her because she is famous, conservatives who think she's the devil and leftists who think she's the devil and none of those take her political opinions seriously.

She’s still very popular among the liberals I know, and why not? The democrat bench is so thin that even an aging never-was like Hillary is a top contender by default.

What gives you the basis for your statements like this, anyways? Is this just based off the posts you read here?

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I looked it up and the most recent poll I could find for her approval ratings is from 2018 but given her popularity with democrats has been stable I don’t think the claim “nobody likes Hillary Clinton anymore” is evidence-based or reflects reality.

From here:
https://news.gallup.com/poll/243242/snapshot-hillary-clinton-favorable-rating-low.aspx

Honestly, I didn’t think support for her remained so high. If there’s more recent polling that runs counter to these results, I’d be interested in seeing it

E: oops, misquoted the post. “Nobody gives a poo poo about Hillary Clinton anymore” was the original claim. That’s not the same thing as popularity but high popularity among democrats makes me think that they do, in fact, give a poo poo about her.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Jun 27, 2022

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Kalit posted:

Are you sure you're not basing this statement off of conservative media? Just based off a casual google search, it's conservative news/media (Fox News, CPAC straw poll, NY Mag, etc) that seem to be pushing the narrative of Clinton 2024. Even after she stated that she is not running....

I think she could be considered a “top contender” because there’s no other competition. You’re right, there’s no official word from her or any democrat sources but still, if she threw her hat in the ring for 2024 I think she’d be the presumptive nominee. Who else is there?

Solkanar512 posted:

It’s only “thin” because you and the everyone else seemingly keep ignoring every blue state smaller than Illinois.

There’s more to the west coast than California!

This is fair, but I’m speaking mostly about presidential candidates. Are there exciting up-and-coming democrats that you think will run for president? Gavin Newsom clearly has his sights set on it but :barf:. JB Pritzker has been a bit better than expected. I’ve heard Jared Polis name floated, and from what I know of him he seems like a pro-business idpol ghoul.

As for the others from 2020 presidential campaign? Harris, Buttigieg, Warren, Klobuchar? Cmon that’s a dreadful bench for the democrats.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
^^^^^ no, stop, you’re ruining the kayfabe :D :D

Kalit posted:

You should actually read my post :rolleyes: I literally posted that she did publicly state she isn't running in 2024:

And if you needed a source if you had questioned that claim, it takes literally 2 seconds to look up. For example, here: https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2022-03-08/hillary-clinton-says-no-to-2024-presidential-bid

Ah yes, notably honest politician Hillary Clinton .. you can definitely trust her word :D Even if true, that doesn’t contradict my post. Do you understand what “top contender by default” means within the context of my post?

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

XboxPants posted:

Yes, and that's "nearly" an argument in your favor. You can't say something almost happening, but ultimately not, is evidence on your side.

sure you can, it's not black and white. Trump lost Wisconsin, Georgia, and Arizona by a combined 43,000 votes. If those states had gone to him, it would have been a tie and gone to the republican led house of representatives

I hope you can understand how this has different implications than if Trump lost in a blowout

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Bar Ran Dun posted:

https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/jun/28/trump-jan-6-rally-guns-capitol-attack

And Trump knew when was encouraging them. lol I remember getting so much poo poo here for pointing out Mr. Zipties.

that guy didnt have any guns and he found those ziptie in the capitol, those are established facts :smugdon:

e: lol and this article is baloney. wow the metal detectors were detecting metal, that's hardly proof that they had weapons. Cmon lets get serious here and not buy in to the media hype

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Jul 4, 2022

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Looks like the buzz for Hillary 2024 is getting louder and harder to deny. The author is a former a advisor for Clinton so a)not a right wing plant like people like to claim b) he knows Hillary so is able to objectively speak on her abilities, not just regurgitate tired talking points.

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/3544103-now-more-than-ever-democrats-need-hillary-clinton/

quote:

Earlier this year, I co-authored a piece for The Wall Street Journal that argued that a perfect storm in the Democratic Party is making a once unfathomable scenario — a comeback for Hillary Clinton in 2024 — highly plausible.

Our reasoning was that President Biden’s low approval rating, doubt about his capacity to run again, Vice President Harris’s unpopularity, and the absence of another strong Democrat to lead the ticket have created a leadership vacuum within the party that only Clinton — as an experienced and politically savvy “change candidate” — can fill.

In light of the Supreme Court’s decision to overturn Roe v. Wade — upending decades of precedent and revoking a constitutional right that American women have enjoyed for half a century — the case for Clinton’s candidacy is even clearer.

Regardless of one’s own political affiliation or opinion of Clinton, the country knows her as an experienced politician and a champion of women’s rights. From her declaration at the United Nations in 1995 that “women’s rights are human rights” to being the first woman nominated as a major party’s candidate for president in 2016, she offers the exact type of leadership that the Democratic Party desperately needs.

Whether or not party leaders will admit it, Democrats know that they need to move on from Biden if they want to stay in the White House in 2024 and — even more importantly — have a fighting chance at building a sufficient enough majority in Congress to advance any element of their agenda going forward, including, and especially, codifying abortion rights.

Put another way, the stakes are simply too high for Democrats to remain on this slowly sinking ship.
Democrats are headed for a blowout loss in November, even worse than in 1994 and 2010 — the two worst midterm election years for the party in recent history — when they lost 53 and 63 seats, respectively, per Gallup’s analysis of four key national mood indicators.

Indeed, Biden’s approval rating is lower than both Obama’s and Clinton’s at the same points in their presidencies, and Americans in 2022 are less satisfied with the direction of the country, more negative about the economy and more disapproving of Congress.

Polls generally show Republicans with a lead of at least 2 or 3 points in the 2022 generic vote for Congress. This advantage would likely give the GOP a solid majority in the House — considering the favorable Republican rulings in redistricting litigation in key states as well as the likelihood that Republican turnout will be even higher than most pollsters are currently accounting for.

While Biden was the right person to defeat former President Trump in 2020, he is clearly not the right person to lead the Democratic Party going forward — as only 36 percent of Democrats believe that Biden gives them the best chance to win the presidency in 2024, per recent polling.

To be sure, Democrats’ confidence in Biden will only decline further after the party experiences a shellacking in the midterm elections. These voters will be looking for a change candidate who is experienced, effective, savvy and committed to the issues they care most about — namely, women’s rights and civil rights.

At that point, Clinton will have a unique opportunity to position herself as an experienced candidate capable of leading Democrats on a more successful path who will also fight — as she has done her entire career — for women’s rights.

As John Ellis wrote this week, “The Supreme Court’s decision to overturn Roe vs. Wade creates the opening for Hillary Clinton to get out of stealth mode and start down the path toward declaring her candidacy for the 2024 Democratic presidential nomination.”

Based on her latest public statements, it’s clear that Clinton not only recognizes her position as a potential front-runner but also is setting up a process to gauge whether or not she should pursue the presidency once more.

Repositioning herself in the national spotlight, Clinton spoke this week at the Aspen Ideas Festival and bashed the overturning of Roe v. Wade as “the most arrogant misreading of history in law that you could ever find” and a decision that is “rolling the clock back on our civil rights, our human rights.”

Moreover, in a separate interview earlier in the week, Clinton refused to rule out a 2024 run.

Aside from Clinton, the Democratic Party lacks any other rising stars who could take the torch from Biden — if he chooses not to run — and win in a general election. The most natural successor would be Harris. However, Harris is even more unpopular than Biden and would almost guarantee a Republican victory in 2024.

Further, Harris’s response to Roe being overturned missed the mark, as she was widely criticized for trying to make the case that abortion access will greatly impact America’s sons.

Ultimately, Clinton is the only prominent Democrat with the experience, the campaign infrastructure, the political know-how and the proven track record who can win a general election.

As Fox News Channel’s Juan Williams wrote earlier this week, “Democrats need a strong voice ready to fight to restore women’s rights, now that the Supreme Court has struck down Roe v. Wade. There’s only one Hillary Clinton.”

If Democrats want a chance at winning the presidency in 2024, Clinton is — now more than ever — their best chance.

I know posters in this forum don’t like Hillary Clinton but she’s the only Democrat with enough talent and experience to take control of this sinking ship. That’s just the facts.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

is pepsi ok posted:

She actually was once given total control of the sinking ship, along with a $1.6 billion dollar budget, and all her experience and talent managed to do was make it sink 10x as fast.

That was eight years ago, times are different now. She’s ready to meet the moment!

I think voters will look around and realize what could have been if Hillary would have won in 2016. Competent COVID response, legal abortion, etc etc. I don’t think they’ll make the same mistake this time .. do you?

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Hillary lost to Donald Trump. That alone makes her radioactive. The only people who want her to run again are republicans and former surrogates and I'm amazed she's still paying the second ones to try to generate buzz. Her political career is done. Not only did she lose to Trump but she let her political enemies completely define her and never did anything to challenge those notions.

I can't believe her name even comes up anymore.

Which Democrat would have a better chance of winning in 2024?

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

some plague rats posted:

A better chance than Clinton? Biden, Pritzker, Mayor Pete, Bernie Sanders, Ron Perlman, Nick Mullen, me, the ghost of George McGovern,

Biden - feeble old man. Buttigieg - too inexperienced .. Sanders is too weak, plus she already beat him. Pritzker might have a shot but he’s 5’6” and an unknown quantity when it comes to campaigning

Nelson Mandingo posted:

A piece of driftwood. But no seriously just about any other democrat. Her name is INFAMOUS, not famous.

Are you actually seriously going to bat for Hillary Rodham Clinton in 2022 or is this just an elaborate troll? Because I'd just call it off if it's the latter. There isn't a discussion to be had. She lost to Trump. Her political capital doesn't exist. No body but republicans or Clinton surrogates have any desire to see her in politics.

I don’t see it as going to bat for her, everyone else is just even worse somehow. I honestly think she’s the strongest chance they have to win in 2024, and I haven’t seen much evidence to contradict it. Just lots of subjective feelings from posters ITT — which is ok, but not really in the spirit of D&D

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

From here:
https://news.gallup.com/poll/243242/snapshot-hillary-clinton-favorable-rating-low.aspx

If someone has polling that contradicts this, I’d love to see it, but all available evidence is that Hillary is still popular among Democrats. Mods hate me for it, but “nobody likes Hillary” just isn’t based in reality.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I believe its "the right to choose the definition of 'the right to choose'"

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Has either party ever given up on a president so completely that they abandoned an incumbent who wanted to try for re-election?

I wouldnt say they're giving up, this timely article points out that all the possible democrat contenders are supporting biden for re-election:
https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/11/politics/biden-democratic-primary-challenge-2024/index.html

quote:

That hasn't stopped muted worries from going around the West Wing, according to four aides familiar with the conversations, that someone may yet emerge ahead of the President's planned spring 2023 formal reelection campaign launch. Biden advisers expect to stick to that no matter what happens, including if Trump decides to jump in early.
"Nothing about our timeline changes, but we're prepared if he decides to run," one person familiar with the Biden team's political planning said about Trump.
But even Rep. Ro Khanna, the California congressman and former Bernie Sanders campaign co-chair, who first won his seat by beating an incumbent in a primary, said he won't entertain the thought of jumping in against Biden, although he's aware he's being whispered about -- so much that a close friend had a dream over July Fourth weekend that he did it.
"Absolutely not," Khanna told CNN. "I plan to support (Biden) because of the danger that Donald Trump poses. I would certainly not do anything to weaken him, and I hope no one else will do anything to weaken him. He's still the safe brand in the midwestern states to make sure Trump is kept far away from the Oval Office."
That also goes for California Gov. Gavin Newsom, who has been causing the most antsy whispers from the Biden orbit with his comments calling out a lack of Democratic action and energy and his buying a July Fourth ad in Florida hitting Gov. Ron DeSantis, a prospective 2024 GOP candidate. Newsom, who's facing reelection in November, compared the Democratic dynamics to those he initially faced in his recall election last year, when he and advisers worked to scare off several Democrats who'd looked at jumping in against him.
"The success of our recall was about unifying around our party and defining the opposition. We need to unify the Democratic Party and not destroy ourselves from within," Newsom said. "We need to have our President's back. But we also have to get on the field. He needs troops. He has to govern. Our job is to organize, and it's to have his back."
The same goes for J.B. Pritzker, the billionaire first-term Illinois governor who also drew some behind-the-scenes brushback from Biden world by delivering a speech about his exhaustion with the Democratic status quo in famous first-presidential primary state New Hampshire. The Democrat, who's running for a second term in November, lit up even more speculation with his response to the Highland Park shooting in his state earlier this month, which was more forceful than Biden's.
Biden "has said he's running for reelection and I support that," Pritzker told CNN, adding that though he thinks some other opponent may yet emerge, Biden "will win the nomination, and yet, it'll be Ted Kennedy running against Jimmy Carter ... They will lose and they will take away from the President. That's not what we need right now."

The speculation is at a high enough fever that when Pete Buttigieg's PAC reactivated on Twitter at the end of June to endorse a few candidates for US House and state legislature, several plugged-in operatives began to wonder if this was the first step in the transportation secretary relaunching as a candidate. His attendance at Democratic National Committee events and meetings with a few potential future donors only sparked more talk.

But there's nothing to that, according to a Transportation Department spokesperson, who said, "Buttigieg has had no involvement in Win the Era PAC since his nomination as Secretary. He is 100 percent focused on his job at DOT, including implementing President Biden's bipartisan infrastructure law."
Some have talked about Jared Polis, the Colorado governor known for straying from what became Democratic orthodoxy on Covid-19 lockdowns and is facing voters this fall. He has a personal fortune, several operatives noted, and while not enough to self-fund, enough to possibly seed a campaign and feel confident that he wouldn't have to worry about endangering future job prospects. Polis campaign spokesperson Amber Miller said he's "not considering anything like that and is focused on running the state of Colorado. If he is re-elected, he plans to serve his entire term as governor of Colorado."
Vice President Kamala Harris has repeatedly said Biden intends to run and that she'd be his running mate, and no one around her or anywhere else believes she'd be able to pull off a campaign that started by breaking with him.
Sanders, the Vermont senator who has twice sought the Democratic nod, told CNN last month he would not run against Biden. A spokesperson for Sen. Elizabeth Warren, meanwhile, told CNN that nothing has changed since the Massachusetts Democrat told NBC News that she's not running for president in 2024 and would be supporting Biden. Jeff Weaver, Sanders' top political adviser and former campaign manager, said trying to run by appealing to his wing of the party "would be an almost insurmountable climb to get to the top of that mountain, given that Bernie has said he's going to be supporting Joe Biden if he runs for re-election."
Beneath Biden's struggle to break through is a deeper dysfunction among White House aides
Beneath Biden's struggle to break through is a deeper dysfunction among White House aides
New York Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, who defeated a member of Democratic House leadership to come to Congress, told late night host Stephen Colbert at the end of June that she was more focused on preserving American democracy than presidential speculation.
But she's also held off on saying she would support Biden for reelection, noting that the President hasn't said he's running himself.
Asked by CNN if that left space for her to consider running a youthful, progressive primary against him, a spokesperson for the congresswoman didn't return requests for comment.
Facing a 'soft' primary
Carter-Kennedy isn't the only historical example on Democrats' minds. There's Ronald Reagan's bruising 1976 primary campaign against Republican President Gerald Ford, which helped pave the way for Carter's win. Or George H.W. Bush never quite recovering from Pat Buchanan's 1992 primary campaign, which hurt him with the GOP base heading into the general election.
Several senior Democrats, though, cited 1968, when President Lyndon Johnson faced a primary challenge from Eugene McCarthy. Eventually, other candidates jumped in, leading the President to withdraw that March from running for reelection.
Operatives around a number of prospective presidential candidates argue that Biden is already facing a "soft" primary challenge from many directions. The goal, they say, is not to run against Biden, but rather to implicitly reassure the President that Democrats have other good options from the next generation or two, and that he should be comfortable passing the torch to them.

There is one notable exception--Hillary Clinton. She's the most capable Democrat remaining and she's poised to make her return, dont be surprised to see big things from her coming soon

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

drawkcab si eman ym posted:

Newsom is more likely to win the primary than H. Clinton or Buttigieg. But Buttigieg is more likely to win the Presidency than either of them. He has a clearer path to the nomination. If anything, Biden or Harris voters would throw their support behind Pete, imo.

On what basis are you making these claims?

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Gort posted:

What are these, out of interest?

Others have covered it, but I’d add that anything you say to the police will ONLY be used against you in a court of law. You have NOTHING to gain and everything to lose from talking to the police.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Jaxyon posted:

It's not secret code numbers, it's dog whistles, and many people are very good at hiding white supremacy because racists are very good and figuring out the language of tolerance and weaponizing it. What is obvious to some, is hidden to others.

I agree that upon further looking at that guy it probably wasn't his goal but telling folks they're jumping at shadows when the entire goal of that strategy is for marginalized groups to be told "you're jumping at shadows" is missing a portion of how white supremacy is accomplished via dog whistles.

"What do you mean 14 words...what? I'm just talking about protecting my childrens future as a parent? man you people are jumping at shadows with this wierd number poo poo"

yeah and hulk hogan signs his tweets with HH for "heil hitler" :rolleyes:

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Jarmak posted:

The objective isn't to teach programming as a skill so you can go program things. The objective is to give a better understanding of how computers work through understanding some of the most basic digital logic concepts that underpin all of it.

i don't disagree but that's closer to logic-based math problems than anything specific to computer programming.

Clarste posted:

If you work in a grocery store like half your job is bugfixing the self-checkout lanes.

i took 'programming' to mean 'coding', if it's just tech troubleshooting then yes, we all likely do it within our jobs. but i think the utility of knowing actual coding concepts is limited.

DeadlyMuffin posted:

Do you see how your question implicitly states that the subject I was talking about is useless? It's tactless.

Carpentry and wiring are great, practical skills that more people should be taught. But I draw a bit of a distinction between practical skills like those and something like history or calculus that give you more of an insight into how the world works and why. I was responding specifically to the question about calculus, but a very basic programming class would help someone understand how the tools around them are built and function.

A history class won't help me repair my house, and carpentry won't help me understand why the world is the way it is, or guide how I vote and participate in society.

the utility in learning about carpentry or wiring is not about knowing how to do a specific task, but why its done in the way it's done. Much the same as learning the basics of programming.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Ups_rail posted:

I dont get this busing/flying people to blue cities/states. does it appeal to the GOP base?

they love that stuff, at least based on my experience talking to conservative coworkers. No matter how dumb or self-injurious, they love to crow about the latest thing Desantis/Abbott/trump did to own the libs.

Honestly though I don't think liberal/left-leaning people are any different. I'd chuckle and boast about Gov Hochuli passing a law that all firearms must be painted pink, or some other dumb antagonistic legislstion like that.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Captain_Maclaine posted:

It's been said before, but it bears repeating that his decades-long practice of stiffing his attorneys and dodging huge legal bills for months and years means he really isn't getting the top-flight legal advice someone of his wealth/prominence should at least theoretically get.

This is a talking point that gets bandied about but I haven’t been able to find any thing that substantiates it. Do you have any evidence of this claim?

On a lighter note, there’s been quite the tizzy over the size of this teachers breasts. How big is too big anyways? In the immortal words of Potter Stewart, “That which gives me wood I know it when I see it”

Decide for yourself :nws:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11224383/amp/High-school-defends-transgender-teacher-large-prosthetic-breasts.html

quote:

Canadian high school teacher has sparked controversy after pictures emerged of her wearing large breast prosthetics while teaching students.

Kayla Lemieux, a Manufacturing Technology teacher at Oakville Trafalgar High School in Ontario, has been pictured online taking classes while wearing the huge prosthetics, which stretch her clothing and stick out prominently.

In a statement to parents, the school said: 'As a school within the Halton District School Board (HDSB), Oakville Trafalgar High School recognizes the rights of students, staff, parents/guardians and community members to equitable treatment without discrimination based upon gender identity and gender expression.

'We strive to promote a positive learning environment in schools consistent with the values of the HDSB and to ensure a safe and inclusive environment for all students, staff and the community, regardless of race, age, ability, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, cultural observance, socioeconomic circumstances or body type/size.'

Sounds like the school has her back and she’s popular w the students so hopefully this blows over with out much kerfuffle.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

D’oh! Dunno how I missed this. It was always plausible but sometimes truth and fiction get blended together with these Trump legends, so I wanted to ask before repeating a falsehood and spreading “Fake News” :D . Much obliged

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Discendo Vox posted:

Infowars has periodically run into trouble with FDA over claims on their dietary supplements (which, again, are the profit engine that fuels a large portion of the worst fringe in the US), but it's not on the same level as KF in terms of direct organization of other criminal activity. A good activism campaign might theoretically get such a site shut down, but it'd be harder to motivate the population necessary, and it's just one of a constellation of major alt-med conspiracy companies.

This poo poo's why I keep talking up increased dietary supplement regulation.

yeah, I'd rather not have the government poking around in my medicine cabinet. The supplement industry isn't perfect but it's better than the alternative as you've proposed it. I don't really wanna have to apply for a license to buy and store whey protein.