Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
You will totally get college credit for these AP classes.

Also literally everything about the middle ages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

This poem is really brilliant and worth our precious class-time, and not just over-rated trash that appeals to your teacher's weird fetish.

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

Plant MONSTER. posted:

post the teacher's weird fetish

I forget the name/author of the poem, but it was about some kids who are forced to drink lemonade and then piss into cans of paint, then their parents stir up the piss-paint and paint their house with it. Totally normal school literature. You will be absolutely not shocked at all to learn that this teacher also turned out to have hosed some of his students.

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

JediTalentAgent posted:

Do lies from administrators count, or only teachers?

Because pound for pound, administrators' lies are worse.

True, but administrators mostly lie to teachers.

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

Devils Affricate posted:

Not from a teacher, but one day 6th grade we had a firefighter lady come in to tell us about the dangers of fire. She was being really heavy handed with the scare tactics, and at one point she made the statement that literally anything can catch on fire!! Knowing this was untrue, I raised my hand and told her as much. Instead of admitting that sure, technically there are materials that aren't flammable under normal conditions, she doubled down and angrily insisted that as a firefighter, she knows that everything burns because she has personally witnessed it. So I was like "What about water? :smuggo:" I swear she stared at me for a good 5 - 10 seconds before stammering out something like "That... doesn't make sense, water doesn't count."

Unfortunately my name wasn't Albert Einstein, so instead of everyone standing up and clapping for me, the other kids in the class sided with her and told me I asked a dumb question. :shrug:

:iceburn:

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

Grem posted:

I'm a middle school social studies teacher and I will tell my students 1 lie next year. What should it be?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-n1vGeVIXo

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

This open classroom design will totally improve the learning environment.

It did not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

Being a slave in America wasn't that bad because you got to keep around 90% of the value that your labor generated, in the forms of housing, food, clothing, etc., and the slave owners only made like, 10% profit off their investment. We had to read an entire book about how slavery benefited the slaves, economically speaking. In retrospect, that teacher was very much a slavery and fascism apologist.

Also, comparative religion class. No, not that way. The material was presented in such broad stereotypes and over-simplified generalizations that it bordered on ethnic slurs (like, Chick Tract levels of offensiveness). The teacher's attitude was "all religion is made up and stupid, so it doesn't matter whether the things I teach you about other peoples' beliefs is in any way accurate", which really defeated the purpose of the class. We had a pretty religiously diverse student population, and we were constantly correcting him, which he hated. It didn't help that his primary job was being the track coach, and having to suffer the humiliation of teaching a classroom subject just made him angry all the time.