Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

Pantocrat, God of Creation: 1d100 95

Dinosaurs
Mysticism
Philosophy
Fancy
Axes

Magnusth fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Jun 25, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

3/3 HP

Pantocrat, God of Creation, descended upon the twin worlds upon an unrolling stair, step by step in the bright morning. Casting his divine sight and knowledge across the two worlds, he sees many things of beauty and of splendor. Of natural beauty, and natural splendor. This was good. But more was to be done. The creatures of this place did not build. They did not create. Rough and unhewn, there was much work to be done, on both the land and the people. But which people to raise? The adaptable dinosaurs, who would learn quickly? Crate-ur had already spoken to them. Soon they would be square like him. But there was another world, Twomb, which needed civilization. Perhaps the Maraqueets, bright and beautiful. They would learn quickly and create beautiful things, this was certain. But there would be time for them... later. The Shiverm, however... Slow, and ponderous, in the harsh lands. Their life could be improved, their land could be made bountiful. It would be hard, long work, but they were patient creatures. This... This would do.

"Listen, Shiverm. People of ice, people of the harsh lands. Listen. I am Pantocrat, your god. I bring you words of craftmanship and wisdom. Listen, Obey, and i shall give you wonders. Your life are harsh. You suffer hunger when the Cucumberg lays waste; you suffer pain and cold when the ice quakes and crushes and churns. When the ink-sea rises, you suffer blindness, seperation and confusion. Harken my words! I bring you the balm and the shield to your pain and hunger. Together, Obedient, you may overcome. You are strong and you are hardy, and you shall presevere. I shall teach you to build. They shall be beautiful, effective and useful buildings. But it cannot stand if you listen to many voices. Follow but my words, and do not listen to Creat-Ur, who has no mind for beauty. He wishes to be a Box but as simple and two-dimensional as he is, he is but a Square. Now listen! By axe-stone shall you hew the stone. The foundations of the first building shall be of Inkstone, and the walls of Ice. Of neon shall.." Pantocrat continues to the rapt audience for many hours, listing all the ways of building, by stone, and wood, by ice and by many other things, enthralling his listeners with descriptions of wonderful palaces, places to seek shelter, to work together, and to grow things, a secret art Pantocrat shall teach them later...

Teach the Shiverm to build: 1d20 13

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

3/3 HP

Pantocrat saw the Shiverm Build, and he saw that it was good. They would make Great Things! Great Things of Ice and Ink and Neon and Axe! Good, yes. But There were many creatures in Nowhere, and many deserved his attention. And perhaps... He could teach them to build not simply things, but communities, to create together. Yes, that would be... good.
Pantocrat then descended to the Maraqueets. He found one, large, gifted, and beautiful, and he spoke to them.
"Maraqueet! I am Pantocrat, your God! I am the god of Creation and of all beautiful things made by the peoples of Nowhere. I bring you a gift: Knowledge of a new thing of neon, called ART. It is the way of beautifying all the world. With it, you can beautify your nest, spread beauty, and impress your people. I raise you, humble maraqueet, to lead them. Teach them this new thing called ART and become the first creature in all the world to be Great Among People.

With my gift i grant you a charge. Lead your people, and find the Shiverm, digging and building and creating. They make things akin to art, pleasing structures, which may yet be beautified by neon and ink. Together, Building and Art, Ice and Neon, may create greater wonders than each alone."

Uplifting a Maraqueet hero and teaching him Art!: 1d20 7

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Harold Fjord posted:

Abstain

Remaining: +--
WP: 2

Coward. There are two good -'s there.

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

2/3 HP

Pantocrat saw the Maraqueets and the Shiverm meet, tentatively. Good. It proceeded to plan.

quote:

”Pray, fair Gods, what should we do? Shall we send the strange birds away? Attack them? They are strange, and we do not like this strangeness.”

Pantocrat whispered back. "wait, for a little while, and let them come closer, and i shall show you."

He waited then, and not long after, a small group of the birds, the Maraqueets came, and were not far from Shiverm. As they approaches, cautiously and colorfully, Pantocrat appeared before them in all his glory, or as much as he dared press into the fabric of the world.

"SHIVERM! MARAQUEETS! HEED ME, YOUR GOD! I have a GREAT TASK for you, and with it comes a GREAT BLESSING. You, I have granted Artistry and Craftmanship. You, I have raised by mine own hands above the common creatures of the world. In that place - " Here, Pantocrat swept his mighty hand towards Oneder in the sky - "There is another land. There are creatures of Pinball and Dinosaur and Axe, as you are creatures of Ice and Neon, and there are wide lands of many plants and creatures. But between here and that land, which is Onder, is the wide gulf, the great expanse of... Nothing. Each of you are tied to you places of Something, and move you from here to there is tasking beyond your belief, even for the gods. And so I grant you the first GREAT TASK of Nowhere."

With these words, Pantocrat heaved from the ground a great bone of Dinosaur, and he covered it with Ink, and then with Ice. Lastly, by Axe he hewed it and with neon and Ink he decorated it. Upon it, he drew the Awakening of the Shiverm, the Maraqueet, the Squilb, and even the distant Assaureds, the Plungerboa, and even the late-comming Aaradice. It showed the granting of Boxes, the first Axioms, and all other acts of the gods of this age. This great, great stone, the size of many houses of the Shiverm, he places in the ground.

"This shall be the foundation of the Flickerfare, the great bridge from Twomb to Oneder. Its creation shall be the work of many ages, and in its creation, you shall learn new ways of creation, new arts of building. It is to be great and beautiful, art and craftmanship in one. But Heed! This work i have given you is a Great Work. It will last from one age to the next, and you shall hand it off to your children, and they to their children, and they to theirs, for many generations of your people. And yet, i promise you that all here shall see the Flickerfare completed and live upon it, as shall all who work upon it, or who grow cucumberg and plantern and any other crop to feed the workers, and those who tend the wounds of the workers, and all others who support the great project, be they Shiverm, Maraqueet, Suilb, or any other creature of Twomb or Oneder.

For this is my great blessing to you: All those who give their lives to the Flickerfare shall rest within it after death, their spirits slumbering among the fruits of their labor. And in many ages, when the Flickerfare reaches across the gap, from Here to There, you shall rise again, to live upon it forever in in beauty and splendor among the works of you and all your descendants after you. Know this: this blessing is great. No others upon Oneder or Twomb has it; all those who live now, except for those who will work upon the Flickerfare, shall perish, their mind and spirit dissolve and become again Nothing. Take this task, build upon this stone, and in many ages, your worth shall win you the greatest of blessings: life everlasting."

Starting the Flickerfare and setting up the rules and conditions: if you work it or help those who do, you get to rest in its stones until it is finished and you'll be resurrected to be immortal and live upon it.

Starting the Flickerfare: 1d20 11

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Dog Kisser posted:

How silly a space bridge made with stone age materials will definitely work totally fine a o k

hey, i fully expect it to be made eventually with, like, space age materials! this is a project for ages, not for *this* age!

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

2/3 HP

Pantocrat saw his peoples, the Shiverm and the Maraqueet, work together on the raising of a great thing. Good, this would be... Good. Yes. If they could stay together for ages and ages. He believed in them, in these tiny little things that would die and wither, but which were... of something, even here, in the nothing. He would join it soon, his essence was crumbling. But there were last things to attend to.

quote:

”Oh, Gods… I can feel in my teeth that we’re in trouble. Unless we can fix things, the prey is going to overturn the natural order of things. We need an edge…”

"FOOLISH THING" Thundered Pantocrat at the scared axe-creature. "Your ignorance stinks to the highest vault of this world. You speak of the natural order of things, but there is only one order: the order of builders and destroyers. And however much you destroy, there will be new things built. You will destroy and destroy, hunt and kill, but you will learn that no matter how much you destroy, new, better things will be built, and soon what will be built is cages, to keep you like the beasts that are all destroyers. But i know your ignorance is not the fault of you but of fools who have taught before. Therefore, learn this new thing: The greater what you build, the Greater you Become. This is the secret of true adaptation: To add as you Adapt. This is Addaptation. Build, and become great, or perish before those who do.

Granting the Aardiche Addaptation, the Oneder Dinosaur Magic of growth-through-creation
Granting the Gradaptation: 1d20 2

Magnusth fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Jul 15, 2022

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

KittyEmpress posted:

-1 to Pantocrat

I crave god deaths to end off the age. The more people we have at 1hp for the final round, the better. Make a bunch of gods pop like balloons at a party!

0,- left

RandomUserString posted:

-1 Pantocrat

-

Zybourne Clock posted:

-1 Pantocrat

Open the blood gates. :doit:

Remaining: -
WP: 4

SerSpook posted:

-1 Pantocrat

- remaining

WP: 4

I lust for god blood.

Bee Bonk posted:

Wispoints: 3>4
[0] Remain

-1 Pantocrat

I note that i cannot in fact be killed by this. You don't get the extra malus/bonus if it's not a natural 1/20.

However! I also note that downvoting Crate-Ur, who just tried to one-up me but got a 6 would be extremely funny. Imagine if i get a 2 and even *then* Crate-ur whiffs on one-upping me. It would be, as the kids say, extremely funny.

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Creation, Bridge, Afterlife
I'm imagining my idol would be found around the flickerfare, and make building easier somehow, or, just as appropriately, allow you to commune with the spirits of the dead, resting in the flickerfare.

Ink, Obfuscation

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

I built a little shelter and that made me grow just enough not to fit, to i built a bigger one and then i grew again!

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

1B
2B
3A
4A
5B
6B

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Scribbleykins posted:

-1 to the last god* to post. Unless someone gives me something neater to support. Hop to it! We can't act patient here, now can we? :colbert:

*called Kaeir

+1 to the Kaeir, out of spite.

Magnusth fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Sep 10, 2022

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

+1 kaeir go flickerfare! Wooo!

[--0] remains. Second wisp

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

-1 Acos

-0 remain.

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Abstain

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

The first discovery of Addaptation, the dinosaur magic

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Engoddening: 1d100-6 -4

Lol

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

+1 ADOM

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

+1 Docbarongov

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Theantero posted:

If your enjoyment of the game is this badly affected due to being downwisped, perhaps it ain't the game for you.

Only like half-kidding, if you legitimately feel annoyed by the game and how people choose to interact with it, it's probably best to not post.

"-1 to last" are bad votes every time, and Lux is correct to despise them.

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Abstain

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

-1 to the god with the highest word count

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Cloud Potato posted:

Why? Scribbleykins isn't a god this round, and why would we discourage others from making long, good posts to entertain us?

+1 to the god with the highest word count!

Remaining: 0, -. Wisp points: 11.

Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

ACA

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

+1 tester

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

+1 Tester of Limits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

-1 hollow house