Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
It's so weird to hear cheering. That's so many socially-distanced people in that room!

Flesnolk posted:

It's pretty cool that they're over 10K before the first run even starts

Double that :eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Mierenneuker posted:

Thursday (EU time)

Hulk
Hogan
Is
A
Piece
Of
poo poo

(HHIAPOS)

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Little Mermaid is a straight-ahead Capcom NES Disney game. Nothing silly about it.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Pushing 40 and I still don't understand how NiGHTS...works.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Lid posted:

Only six pages after 12 hours?

Sunday didn't really have any barnburner runs, at least not in my book*. Also plenty of old heads have moved to Discord for their realtime shitposting.

*(SotC was a solid start, with a good gimmick and props. Rolled Out! was fun to watch because I have no interest in playing Monkey Ball-style games, but they're super satisfying to see executed with a high degree of skill - that also applied to the Spyro 120% run. And I did enjoy Perfect Dark primarily for nostalgia reasons.)

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

TeaJay posted:

It's been 6 years since Ty the Tasmanian tiger was last featured in GDQ, probably because the previous one got famous for many wrong reasons. The estimate is way lower than before so looking forward to it, but I'm really in for the Castlevania stuff later

"Up next it's Ty the Tasmanian Tiger with KamaCrimson, who probably isn't going to threaten any murder/suicides; Kama, take it away!"

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Photex posted:

Either way they're doing a good job with a complicated workflow

Yes, I remember when this thread said "They should include a block for remote runs at future in-person events" back in January, followed by many people who actually understand/have experience with the tech side of things explaining how that would be a headache due to the issues swapping between the on-site setup and a series of remotes. So I'm grateful they're even attempting it, even if the execution is a little rocky.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Vynn over here sounding like she's hosting The Thistle and Shamrock But For Video Game Nerds, I'm lovin' it.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I started playing the Link's Awakening remake Saturday and was playing a lot of it while watching the stream yesterday. They've done in 30 minutes what I did in like 5 hours...and Link's Awakening is my favorite Zelda game where I know every step of the quest inside and out.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I am both disappointed that I missed most of that race and glad that I didn't see the parts of the remake I haven't gone through yet

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Yeah, you don't touch the promo merch

...but you should. Have somebody wander through the set during a prize segment just to pop a refreshing 'Bull.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Flesnolk posted:

Why is he retiring?

None of us are getting any younger

Photex posted:

is there a donation incentive to not play FNAF just to anger that fandom?

I already donated to help meet the incentive but I'd donate again to do the anti incentive

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
What an insane sequence break

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
THIS IS GONNA BE THE LAST DANCE FOR LANCE VANCE

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Haha I forgot he was still wearing the golf outfit from the assassination mission. What a run.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Recap block can streeeeeeeeeetch if needed, the did it on the final night of AGDQ.

Kinda weird how this FNAF incentive has stalled, though. Only added like $4k over the course of Vice City.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
how OLD are you

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Rosalind posted:

So how does not meeting an incentive affect the schedule since the time for the bonus game run is built into the schedule? Do they just sit there for like an hour?

Get ready for a visit from Mr. Philip Thyme

Chainclaw posted:

I like to imagine they run it but just don't stream it, and the commentator just makes us feel guilty for not getting to watch it. I'm sure that's not what happens, though.

oh they should do this though

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Agent355 posted:

Also yes endlessly making every incentive feel so much more expensive every year is starting to feel lovely. We don't have to 'break the record' every year.

Ask capitalism how sustainable infinite growth is. Just be happy raising 2 million a year and knock it off.

As somebody who works in the nonprofit/fundraising space I wish this were an option. But you hit a milestone once and then Expectations are set.

(As far as GDQ is concerned, I think they do have the capacity to top themselves year after year, from both their audience expanding and from parts of that audience entering the workforce as they age...but the organizers seem to have a running issue with how they space out their milestones over the course of the week.)

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Chainclaw posted:

That could be true. The FNAF developer is a hardcore Trump supporter, isn't he?

He's a CHUD fucker, yeah

And when I think FNAF I think about how streamers like Pewdiepie got popular streaming it so gently caress that franchise, I'm not asking for my donation back but I do want to take it away from the incentive now

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Photex posted:

Just like Dusty Rhodes though Eternal Engima knows how to stretch a promo.

Hard Times ith not meetin your inthentive, daddy!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Photex posted:

just checked, the $5000 donation wasn't actually for the bonus run lol...

https://gamesdonequick.com/tracker/donation/873551

Genuinely wonder if people still don't know/understand how you put a gift towards an incentive

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

SeXReX posted:

You can laugh in real time
https://gdqstat.us/?series=0

I'm still seeing this as AGDQ stats

The 7th Guest posted:

i don't even think halo fans would donate to an Infinite run, so good luck

What's the problem with Infinite, I liked it a lot and will be making my customary $11.17 Halo donation

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I want my money back

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Agent355 posted:

Surprise awful block sneak peak i guess.

Awful Block isn't until January, though; Summer is for Silly

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
RIP MacBat, silently pushed off of the Up Next listing

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
This is pushing me to finally start LaD, even though I wanted to give Kiwami a spin first.

TeaJay posted:

I never played any of the games and I was recommended to start from Yakuza 0, so I imagine I'll be doing that sometime when I have more time to start going through my backlog.

Just block off 80-100 hours of your life and get ready to have a blast. A big bunch of goofy, fun mobster hijinks wrapped around a deadly serious, hard-boiled tale of brotherhood and betrayal. 0 uses the old Yakuza system of 3D martial arts combat, which is...fine, but it's the overall experience that pulls you in.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

KKKLIP ART posted:

Side Bar, can anyone find a link to the Tal Tal Heights remix they are using? I did a quick look on OCRemix and couldn't find it but it might just be me being daft.

Is it this one? https://soundcloud.com/ocremix/07-tal-tal-future-blind

If you can't find a remix on standard OCR, odds are it came from one of their multi-artist collab albums https://sirens.ocremix.org/

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Kestral posted:

Jedi Outcast is going to be completely, hilariously busted, isn't it?

Let's ask CovertMuffin

He says: "PFWAHAHAHAHA"

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I don't remember poo poo about this game before you get the lightsaber

Or playing without dismemberment turned on

Really I just played the arena mod where waves of enemies rushed you while Smack My Bitch Up played on a loop

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Professor Wayne posted:

I mainly played multiplayer in JKA and tried to flipkick people into lava

Kickbanned for not following proper duel etiquette (bowing, etc)

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Fronch Lando, trés smooth

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Every evening during the Red Bull Daily Recap I crack 'n chug a Red Bull in solidarity. I haven't slept since Sunday. Help me.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I don't understand how this dude can play this game with...a pro controller? I needed split joy cons to manage anything approaching this kind of movement.

Pomme de Terror posted:

Spike's hands are gonna fall off if he claps for every moon

I want the whole room doing it. That's why we're back in person after all.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Crowd doing single claps for moons is great. I love you crowd.

Brigadier Mollosque-Lanceur III, Dauphin of Bubblaine

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Kestral posted:

Had to step out for a while, so I missed the Odyssey run up to this point - what's the deal with a Darker Side run?

Darker Side is a punishingly difficult (to the casual player) optional level at the end of Odyssey. It requires collecting 500 of the power moons (out of 880 possible unique moons) to access. Ganon blew through the story mode and is now going back through the levels doing clean-up to get to the Darker Side minimum.

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Jun 29, 2022

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

nordichammer posted:

Would it make anyone uncomfortable if one of the couch commentators was visibly high?

These guys are gonna know I've been smoking that stuff I've been smoking

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

So cool that he was able to make time in his busy schedule to make an appearance and support a fan

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
"Pokemon randomly evolves at every level" sounds fantastic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Holy cow the donations