Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Hopefully all the y7 incentives get met so we get more froob in our lives

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

"How much time does that save?"

"None! It just looks really cool."

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I have absolutely no idea what this next run is but I'm incredibly excited for it

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Agent355 posted:

Extremely good couch.

does it count as a couch when they're also playing the game

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Chainclaw posted:

I think your characters do damage every time you complain on twitter that they put clothing on children for the US release? I don't know a lot about the series, but the fans are super creepy.

this feels like one of those vocal extreme minority things because I've never seen this before

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Chainclaw posted:

One of the characters in a Xenoblade is a 13 year old child who wears bikinis in the Japanese release, and wears actual clothing in the US release.

yeah sure but that's not the specific part of the post I was calling out

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Yeah 1 and 2 play nothing like x, from what I've been told (never played x and have zero intention to)

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm looking forward to the stepmania showcase tonight so I can catch up on the runs I missed on Tuesday

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SeXReX posted:

I wonder if the situation around chunithm at the recent hotfix event has impacted the amount the rhythm game community is donating this event

Was this the guy who got busted playing a pirated copy of a game on the GDQ stream?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

aside from celeste there is not much i particularly care about for the rest of today, but the stretch of games tomorrow starting with chocobo gp and lasting through super mario world is all stuff i am super looking forward to

Yeah I'm in a similar spot except it pretty much goes all the way until elden ring

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I thought the Tunic run had a good balance

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

sgdq always runs lower than agdq so that is expected, i think they are just setting some of these incentives too high

the last seven years with full data (there's no agdq15 on that chart posted a few posts earlier) they're at a 4-3 split

agree on the incentives though

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

mmmmmm hot mic

I thought I had video playing in another tab lol

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

lol his reaction to setting a world record on the dlc

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I think letting the bonus game die to save 90 minutes on a schedule that's already five and a half hours into Sunday isn't a bad thing

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

they might hit it before the recap even starts lol

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

woof the sound balancing on this run needs work

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

when the schedule was first posted Elden Ring was scheduled for like 1 AM local time (central) so the delays weren't into the five hour ranges like some people are saying but it was definitely a couple hours. It's back to being roughly "on time" though now.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

yeah they need 100k in like 10 minutes lol

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

what was the donation total at when they started the incentive?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Nice trainer ID

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Agent355 posted:

Didn't even try to stall for it RIP. I mean it was obviously too far to stall but they didn't call in any twitch or yetee bucks either. Staff must not have been too attached to that one.

Looking forward to the next handful of runs myself.

They're skipping content to save time in true speedrun fashion

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

You are a FOOL

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

"I deserve this"

You are a FOOL

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Flesnolk posted:

Is that a mod thing? I don't remember Ganon straight up telling you how to fight him in the normal game

It is yeah, since the lights are in his tower normally. I think on the way up the stairs?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

it's a shame they didn't give a chance for someone to hype up the bonus game incentive because it's really close

maybe they'll stall for a bit to try and get it met

e: lol one of them finally realized that they completely forgot about it

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Agent355 posted:

Oh is the SMW relay a race of a mod? I thought it was just the base game since it doesn't mention it. That's rad. I liked the mario maker races from previous events.

yeah I was sort of interested in it before but now I'm super interested, seems like a real bad miscommunication at some point in the chain

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

oh I remember watching poo grind this for world record when it first came out this mod rules

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

man that last run would have been so hype as a race, such a bummer what happened with poo. I hope they're all OK.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

oh my god what a troll

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

renaming team rng dolphins to team up pipe

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

shoujo didn't win but still finished the stage right after barb

also after the time ran out though

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

oh my god it's crypt of the necrodancer

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

:lol: the shell jump

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i meant that this is essentially what this already is

yeah but if you took the other two players off of shoujo's team then she would never have to sit out

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

perfect finish everyone loves an underdog and purple > green :cool:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Nemo2342 posted:

Yeah, does feel kind of meh that the entire race was just winner take all on the last level after the legendary performance of the dinos on every other stage.

to be fair, the dolphins were right there at the end and even had a late lead on multiple stages that the dinos won so it's not like they were dominating the first six stages

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

dick move by GDQ with these run orders how am I supposed to go to sleep so I can wake up in the middle of the ffx run now

also did they cut even more stuff today other than the bonus game that they missed? It looks like the schedule jumped ahead another hour or two, Elden Ring is supposed to start before midnight now

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

pokemon incentive bonus run was not met and several runs have gone way under estimate and the setup times have been a lot shorter, in addition to superhot vr and bloodstained being voluntarily axed by the runners for time

ah the setup time reduction is probably the biggest timesave, props to whoever found that skip that's a huge one for the speedrunning community!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

argh i gotta take care of something so will miss the first half hour of wind waker

that's by far the worst part of every wind waker run anyway so not that big a deal imo