Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

AlbieQuirky posted:

I mean, I guess it’s supposed to be a flex? But disgusting because of the waste, not because of the taste. Maker’s Mark and Dr. Pepper go just fine together.

If you use the expensive bourbon make sure you get a good vintage of Dr. Pepper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

cyberia posted:

The smell was off-putting enough that I definitely wasn't game to taste it. It might not be salt, specifically, but kibble / pet food always smells 'salty' to me and normally in an unpleasantly strong way. My dog's current kibble smells like super concentrated vegetable stock powder and almost makes me gag every time I open the container it's stored in.

loving 2011s. Won't even try dog food. :rolleyes: Back in the day https://www.somethingawful.com/comedy-goldmine/dog-food-goons/1/

quote:

I'm going to Notre Dame this spring and I've been thinking about starting my own diet and lifestyle plan. My budget is razor thin and I need cheap food if I am to get good grades and make new friends. I've been looking at ramen, rice, dried pasta, vitamin supplements, etc. I made a quick table to show how many calories I can get from a bunch of different products for exactly 1 dollar.

Ramen: 537
Rice: 430
Dried Pasta: 800
Beneful Healthy Radiance: (this is for a 31 lb bag) 2046
Vitamin Supplements: NA
Tuna: 120

Please realize that I need nutrition and care about taste, but I need to be extra aware of the price.

Dried pasta is preferable to ramen simply because it has a better cost value and it tastes pretty good with plain butter. The Beneful has most of what my body needs so I could buy 1 bag every 2 weeks. The tuna has massive amounts of protein so that makes up for the cost. An eighth of skunk vitamins goes for about 20$ on campus. Flavored sugar packets can make about 25 beverages for a dollar and the water is free because of water rations.

Instead of toothpaste I'll use baking soda. And instead of toothbrush I'll use spoon. I'll buy a sponge and scrub myself down in the shower without using any soap.

To save on floor cleaner I'll pee sitting down. I don't have to wash my hands because I don't touch anything.

I won't have to buy moisturizer because Beneful gives me smoother skin.

Advice would be helpful. tyia

Facebook Aunt has a new favorite as of 12:52 on Jul 7, 2022

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I do not understand what you are supposed to do with this.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Brawnfire posted:

And they sell this product at the shop?

Sounds like an interesting shop

Confused customer: Do I eat this or bathe with it?
Shopkeeper: Yes.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Iron Crowned posted:

Dude, that's not futuristic enough, Hawaiian pizzas with jalapenos. Blow their tiny medieval minds.

I'd be careful with hot peppers in a room full of white people who have never had capsaicin before in their lives. They might think you are trying to poison them.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

SlothfulCobra posted:

That's not what baking soda means.

It is now, grandpa.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

LvK posted:

I forgot about the Pink Sauce lady until she came up on my Twitter feed again, she is now claiming that the sauce is FDA compliant because it is not medicine:

https://twitter.com/derekarnellx/status/1551697816057028610

even better: OP of this post sells homeopathic remedies in the link immediately after this tweet.

Usually food is a local matter. Not sure what happens when you start moving it across state lines using the postal service though.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

steinrokkan posted:

Which step in the depicted process caused the loose corn to materialize

That just used to happen back then.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

The laxative mayonnaise sounds like a diet trick from a ladies magazine. Keep your girlish figure. Eat whatever you want and still lose weight.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Captain Hygiene posted:

I feel like there's a real gulf between the recipe title and the picture that pops up on this one

"Light and easy eating" "hearty" betty crocker has gone mad.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Fat Dan posted:

I was going to say mandarins or similar but the segments don't seem that well defined.

I think it is cantaloupe cut with a fancy melon baller because you know the people that have a stabspoon have a fancy melon baller.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

NO KILL I

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

you know how there are asian/latino/middle eastern grocery stores? is there one for british foods? i saw a plate of bangers and mash in the carb cup and id like to make it.

You have to have a load of the ethnicity who still want their traditional food to get an ethnic store. Not even British people traditional British food. :newlol:

I have seen a British section that's a quarter of an isle or so in regular supermarkets. But it's a middle of the store thing so it's shelf stable goods like sauces and candy bars. No bangers and or mash. And while Chinatown is cheap, everything in the British section costs twice what you think it should.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

MariusLecter posted:

Cum won't give you salmonella.

They imagine someone higher up noticing and writing down a good word or two.
When the only notice will be a few dollars more on a screen of a number cruncher who only cares about tallying that poo poo on a spreadsheet for people higher up who gives even less of a poo poo into the negative about this guy the higher up it goes.

They're spending hundreds on hotels and transportation. Nobody is going to notice if you didn't expense dinner and had sad coffee maker chicken instead of going to a diner and having a $25 dinner.

Even in a fantasy land where your company is noticing every dollar and judging you for it, going to a cheap diner instead of surf and turf would already get you the imaginary frugality brownie points.

Facebook Aunt has a new favorite as of 19:42 on Sep 1, 2022

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

That would be a surprise. Gotta respect the truth in advertising.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

#KetoLife

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

By popular demand posted:

Is that a pie crust stuffed with pizzas? This is mad science territory.

You've never heard of pizza pie?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I haven't heard any warning about micropaper pollution, so go ahead and eat the paper is my motto.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Weight watchers cards almost seem like cheating. It isn't like aspic nightmares where folks at the time thought they were doing something fancy and good. Diet food has never been good.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

RFC2324 posted:

You weren't very bright kids, were you?

The aunt that kept feeding them varnish wasn't helping!

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Captain Hygiene posted:

I can't decide whether to go for the peaches & pimentos or the peaches & pickles first :sweatdrop:

Eat them fast, you don't want them to get cold. Hot peach.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

It's a faaaake. Thank goodness.

https://twitter.com/PoeticBoii/status/1595912032611880961

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Captain Hygiene posted:

And now it's properly bottled, but tastes just as bad!

Pretty sure it's just "inspired by" her sauce and they didn't really try to use her recipes, because she couldn't keep the recipe straight from day to day. It's orange because the only way to get the violently pink colour was using food colouring, and she doesn't want to admit she was doing that. A real company has to comply with labeling laws, so they won't slip in a little red #3 and not mention it.

Weirdly it does contain titanium dioxide for color. Titanium dioxide is a bright white pigment, so I wonder what color this would be without it? Brownish?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Dareon posted:

I laced cheese through my burger (Slice the normal cheese slice into thin sticks, adding these to your ground beef as you mold it into a patty) a few times and it worked, but not well.

Okay, okay, not bad, not bad, not bad, looks all right, okay that might be a bit much, you can stop now, aaand it's inedible, as in physically incapable of being eaten

It isn't inedible you just have to mash it with your fork to make it into a casserole.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

If you make instant mash potato flakes try replacing 1/2 cup of the fluid with sour cream. Mix the sour cream and remaining fluid so it isn't lumpy. It makes the mash potatoes richer, creamer, and the sourness of the sour cream really adds something. Like the innards of a nice baked potatoes with sour cream and chives.

This might work with potatoes that haven't been processed into flakes too. Dunno, never tried it. Might be too wet?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Paladinus posted:

They've hosed up packaging, it should be in little resealable plastic tubs.

A real american eats the whole tube at once.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

AARD VARKMAN posted:

looking at turkish restaurants on google and this isnt quite AFP but I'm just confused by it. from the town of Batman:

That really looks more like something somebody just did, rather than a menu item you can order just like that.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

dog nougat posted:

Who's down for soggy fries and cold hotdogs for dinner?

Okay it's terrible in almost every way, but $2.99? That's a good value.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Grand Fromage posted:

Why is the ghost of my dad posting here

PYF is the most ghost friendly subforum. Your dad definitely isn't cool enough to post in FYAD.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

LifeSunDeath posted:

I hate this, it's just impossible to enjoy and who wants 16 people drinking out of the same glass, wtf.

What if it's just two people and they are hopeless romantics/drunkards sharing a drink.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Captain Hygiene posted:

I spent decades of my life in Illinois and never saw a single giant outdoor soup cauldron :sigh:

Goons are not known for attending social gatherings.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Haifisch posted:

This is how I feel about people spreading the "cannibal sandwiches are HUGE in wisconsin!!" thing. Spent the first two decades of my life there and never even heard of the things until well after I moved out of the state.

In high school and university no one ever offered me drugs. Not once. Were my schools miraculously drug free, or was I just such a square nobody even bothered to try? Were those posters for a 4/20 day sit in just a joke, and nobody was really smoking weed in the quad that day? :iiam:

Maybe the cannibal sandwiches were huge in Wisconsin but you never heard about them because nobody wanted to party with you. Don't invite Haifisch, they aren't the cannibal sandwich type.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Mr.Radar posted:

Tumblr users were asked to make a cake recipe and they came up with... something that mostly qualifies:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=falApGAB8Rc

She really should have converted the measurements to metric or something. Doing it all by tablespoons is silly.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

EoinCannon posted:

Rondo still exists in Australia under the name Solo.
It had the same can design and manly extreme marketing with "low fizz so you can slam it down fast"

Surely any Real Man(tm) would want their soda as fizzy as possible so as to make big manly burps?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Scarodactyl posted:

"Real" orange juice always tasted awful to me, nothing like actual juice from an orange.

That's because fresh squeezed juice doesn't travel well and turns into bitter brown sludge. In order to bottle it and keep it on the shelves for weeks it has to be treated.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orange_juice

quote:

Commercial orange juice with a long shelf life is made by pasteurizing the juice and removing the oxygen from it. This removes much of the taste, necessitating the later addition of a flavor pack, generally made from orange products.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCLuP0ky68I

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

That doesn't sound bad at all. Eat the forbidden prison wine, op.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

It's gotta be a cyanobacteria right? That's the main living thing that can turn things blue.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

zedprime posted:

Does anybody else see a pizza homunculus on the left, or do I need to go to therapy?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

First uhhh 20 people to quote this get a COATED WITH CRUMBS gangtag tomorrow night or whenever I get around to it.

Hi, hello there. If possible could the tags by arranged so that they make a little story?

I am an absolute moron
coated in crumbs
accursed ones

Only a moron would get themselves coated in accursed crumbs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Gang tags are done, if I messed anything up on yours send me a PM!

You da best!