Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

Captain Hygiene posted:

How about a delicious, refreshing peasicle

Even though I can't read that for poo poo and Google Translate struggles with so few viable characters, that's almost certainly mung beans, not peas. East Asians may have some weird traditional desert flavors but not that weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

thiccabod posted:

A few weeks back someone mentioned their go-to fry topping being katsu sauce, kewpie mayo, and furikake seasoning. I told my fiance about it and she gave it a shot: absolutely loved it. Genuine thanks to whomever posted that; my apologies for being too lazy to look back at specifically who it was and give proper credit

That's pretty much the toppings for Okonomiyaki with some shortcuts so I can see that working well with fries.

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

As someone from New Jersey, there aren't enough birds to flip to tell the TikTokker to gently caress off and get out of Jersey.

Edward IV has a new favorite as of 05:02 on Sep 5, 2022

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

Wang_Tang posted:

I ate there once in 2014.

It's a Chinese Buffet in the middle of Alaska. I don't know what people expect.

Are you referring to the quality of the food or the cleanliness of the restaurant?

Now you got me thinking of my local Chinese Buffet. The Chinese food and sushi isn't all that great even for South Central Jersey but they did have a Mongolian BBQ. Sadly, they discontinued the BBQ post-COVID so I've been less inclined to go now. There are far better Chinese restaurants and Sushi places that I could choose from instead. The buffet's only advantage is price and variety but what's the point if the food isn't great unless the point is to stuff yourself silly.

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

Data Graham posted:

I was trying to read the prices as though they were in dollars to see at what point we'll have reached 100x prices above some vintage thing. We don't seem to be there yet, though if this were a more highbrow place it'd be getting kinda close

I was more surprised that they were offering such extravagant food in the middle of a war before reading the date more closely and seeing Pearl Harbor and the subsequent wartime rationing hadn't happened yet.

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

Butterfly Valley posted:

The clue is in the 'beef'acon

Fair point but isn't there a prohibition of serving meat and dairy together?

Fake Edit: okay it looks like that's one of the dissimilarities between Kosher and Halal.

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

Brawnfire posted:

The best sandwiches are ones you squeeze like a paste from warm foil

:hmmyes:

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

Brawnfire posted:

My googling suggests Joe's Rotisseria

547 Westfield Ave W, Roselle Park, NJ 07204

Mother of God. How is it that I've never heard of this place despite living in Westfield as a kid?

Definitely going to get around to do a trip report though it being a half hour drive and it being Passover tomorrow evening is going to delay me for a bit.

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

I was confused and then disappointed that this wasn't a sausage in a latke.

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

Mymla posted:

That's a hate crime against Canada.

I'm not canadian, but I'm still offended because it's also a hate crime against food.

No I'm pretty sure putting ketchup on poutine would constitute as a hate crime.

Had a friend do that while we were visiting Toronto and I was aghast. I outright called it sacrilegious but they insisted anyways though they relented by putting the ketchup on the side so they wouldn't ruin it for me. For what it's worth, my friend is a Chinese expat that recently came to the US so they don't know better.

I mean, I guess it tasted fine what with the sweet and tanginess of the ketchup probably works well with the salt and savory of the poutine but that combo just seems downright disrespectful.

Edward IV has a new favorite as of 17:09 on Sep 5, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

Fivemarks posted:

Show this to a New York Italian to make them angry.

FTFY