Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
Yeah the game's designed for you to press all the statements one by one before going ahead to present evidence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
Obligatory video.

Also a pretty funny alternate version of how this poo poo would play out if Phoenix was competent.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
I think everyone can agree that Gumshoe can be a real Dick sometimes. :v:

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

ChaosStar0 posted:

No Spoilers, but [spoilers]
I know how hard it is to keep it in your pants, but please try harder.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Omobono posted:

Ah, the Steel Samurai, warrior of Neo Olde Tokyo :allears:
By the way, can someone explain the evil magistrate thing? Is it the Japanese equivalent to a corrupt baron/count/generic noble or the Sheriff of Nottingham?
Basically, yeah.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
A creepy, gross sex pest? In charge of a film studio? Who could have seen this coming???

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Samovar posted:

If I remember correctly, almost no longsword can be carried AND drawn from the back - to be drawn it has to be short (or your arms have to be STUPIDLY long), or you have to have the sword on your hip.
Or you get a specialized sheathe.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Omobono posted:

The Steel Samurai lost is one of the best AA twists and sets the bar for all games going forward.

It's genius in its simplicity and yet I doubt many players managed to suss it out before Nick's freakout.
Funnily enough I got it at the exact same time as Nick's freakout, which made it super awesome because I was going "OH poo poo!" at the same time as the player character. That's always a magical moment.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Omobono posted:

That guy absolutely was a mafioso, not a Yakuza member. Those goons last update were far more Yakuza than mafia, they don't really have the feeling of a mafia "picciotto" (Sicilian for goon).

There's not much difference, organized crime is organized crime, but there is one.
It's basically the difference between cowboy and samurai/ronin. On paper they're much the same thing and can be used to fill the same roles, but they have distinct styles.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
She's right. There's no way she could have used the spear to kill the Steel Samurai.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Xander77 posted:

Yeah. I think what actually happened is fairly clear, but that might be my experience from previous LP's butting in.
Since it'd been years since I last played this game I'd completely forgotten everything about the case when this LP started it (I've replayed the game since so I've lost that ignorance, alas), but from the moment I saw that flashback scene with the spear being broken during practice I knew there was no way it was the murder weapon. Especially with the stuff we know now.

There's no way that spear could have gone through the Steel Samurai costume with only duct tape holding the spearhead to the shaft.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

MarquiseMindfang posted:

I'm pretty sure you could kill a man if he was charging at you and you just held it up. Especially braced against a stair or something. I'm also pretty sure that isn't what happened though. Surely the more compelling counter argument would have been "how would I have gotten it off him in the first place"? Given he, you know, arrived with it, per the cameras.
Only if it hadn't been broken earlier in the day during practice. Even if he was charging and you braced it against a stair, that spearpoint would have bent the duct tape holding it together before it pierced through that thick padded tokusatsu suit, let alone human flesh.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
Come on dude, it's a blind LP and you just post this poo poo? Surely it can't be THAT hard to just...keep it in your pants, yeah?

Somebody fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Jan 31, 2023

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Commander Keene posted:

I dunno, maybe she couldn't "disappear" the body in time to avoid notice from the others at the studio? And I can't imagine Oldbag staying quiet about the death of her heartthrob for any amount of bonus pay. Also have to wonder how many Yakuza goons she had sitting in on that meeting.

Or maybe she panicked after the act and did the setup in the heat of the moment?
Honestly, she probably shouldn't have done anything. She could have just left the body where it lie, claim that she did it in self-defence and...not been charged with murder? Because it was self-defence, and there's a ton of evidence that Hammer was attempting a premeditated murder. That said she was probably panicking super hard at the whole thing - her emotional response when the guy Hammer killed was brought up (as well as how she clearly holds a grudge against him over it) suggests that it's still pretty raw even all these years later, and seeing Hammer die at her hands in the exact same manner probably meant she wasn't doing any rational thinking at all after his death.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

DKII posted:

Three updates on this page already. It seems we still don't really know enough to spark much discussion. So I'll throw out some bait - any thoughts on what we're going to have to do to get Edgeworth to agree to let us defend him?
Flowers and a romantic poem.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Look at this photograph.

The photo I took...?

Every time I do it makes me laugh.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Quackles posted:

Missile, of course!

(Fun fact: Shu Takumi owns, or at least used to own, a Pomeranian of the same name.)
And this isn't even the only game with Missile the pomeranian in it!

He's also in Ghost Trick, where he is objectively the best character in that game.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
Phoenix "Meg" Wright is on the case!

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gw1cf0TRm0

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Zerbin7 posted:

Take another look at the mascot's head. He's supposed to resemble a policeman's badge. Thus, the Blue "Badge"-er.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
I just assume that the "evidence must be approved" thing just means you need to run it past someone before you bring it into the courtroom, which Phoenix presumably does in the leadup to each court session. It's about having it on official record rather than it being relevant.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

DKII posted:

Putting the final touches on tonight's update... Any comments on the script change notes from last update? Are they interesting, or distracting?
I find them interesting enough to think of them as worth keeping.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Gosts posted:

you know, i've never really understood the term 'parallel parking'. if all of the cars are facing the same direction, they're parallel to each other. doesn't matter if they're front-to-back or side-to-side, as long as they're facing the same way. even diagonal! diagonal parking is my favorite kind.

You're parking parallel to the road.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I always assumed that the updated autopsy report was legit, and the only shady thing he did was fail to submit it until pressed. He didn't really need to produce a second one, unless he had figured out in the meantime that the bloody receipt was a frame job, and he was actively working to let Redd White get away with murder the whole time. That does not fit his character in the original release at all.
Honestly, considering that Gumshoe seems to feel genuinely guilty over failing to submit the updated report and inform Wright about it when Edgeworth dresses him down over it, it's highly likely that the only shady thing Edgeworth actually did was entrust Gumshoe with it after he got it.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Truthkeeper posted:

I have no ear for instruments at all, is Gant's theme supposed to be something that could be produced by a pipe organ?
Yes. (note that the description of that video contains spoilers)

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
I'm surprised you've already forgotten about the way you pointed out the discrepancy between the drawing and the way that Neil was stabbed in the back rather than the front.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Tree Reformat posted:

I imagine even if she technically gets off easy by the legal system itself, Ema being found guilty of murder (manslaughter is still murder, just the "least bad" kind, is my understanding) would mean severe social consequences.

Remember how Yanni Yogi was found innocent by way of insanity, but it still effectively destroyed his life due to sheer social stigma? Ema might be facing the same kind of fate even if her actual sentencing is light.
She probably wouldn't be able to fulfil her dream of being a crime scene investigator, at the very least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
It truly is a legendary achievement you've accomplished today. You've succeeded where so many before you have failed. Here's to hoping you can keep it up!