Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006
little outfits for minicomputers would own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006

AnimeIsTrash posted:

There are a bunch of dads on youtube that tell you things about your car. It's pretty cool.

my dad used to do everything himself on his car and I liked to watch him and help him a bit when I could

it inspired me to never consider doing any of that poo poo myself because it was such a pain in the rear end lol

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006

rotor posted:

modern cars are way harder to work on, not sure its really worth it

oh he did do it on older cars that were easier to work on, but he never had the proper tools and our driveway was lovely and cramped and he still embarked on complex stuff like replacing the distribution belt or the clutch. for that last one it was on a renault r18 iirc and he had to hoist the engine and I don't remember what ridiculous jury rigged method he employed but these project always involved a lot of swearing

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006

I'm shitposting (which was probably already reverted by the time I post this)

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006

Zlodo posted:

I'm shitposting (which was probably already reverted by the time I post this)

update: its still there
i've done it, i contributed to the great repository of human knowledge

i guess that counts as a hobby