Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

:justpost: in the new thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

Solus posted:

Unblacklist me and make me CEO

ooooor. Keep him blacklisted and make him CEO. We can call it hardmode

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

WorkerThread posted:

so what do you actually "do" if you're a single account pilot living in a wormhole? i've dabbled in exploration before and i've heard of people that multibox dreads in some kind of combat sites in WHs, but how do you make isk to support your pvp habits?

ps you all should make an old geezers retirement home thread so you can talk about that one time you were space important or share stories about the awful things goons did

Huff gas, or find a couple other similar minded goons that don't want to multibox and go farm as friends. Split the loot and make money to lose together.
Also, if someone rolls into you while ratting, you can all warp off except the dude being scrammed by rats so enjoy the gamble of "who's turn is it to die today"

--edit
Wormholes pay out a poo poo tonne better than null, but require a little more effort. So more people splitting the reward isn't as bad as it sounds

captainclaw fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jul 22, 2022

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

GM IceCream explicitly stated I am not to release any communications to the public, regardless of that statement.

Do we look like the public? The public actively avoid most eve players

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

Vando posted:

hey bbtb did you just forget that Untitled Goose Game was a thing or what

He's still coming to terms with the fact that the world doesn't revolve around eve goons, give him a minute

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

andromache posted:

But feel free to continue arguing that a tree never fell in the woods because you personally weren’t there to witness it.

Nothing ever happens unless I witness it. I'm player one of this poo poo video game. Now who had that quest where the sheep had run amok? Do I need to un ignore someone to hand it back in?

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

Can we go back to hating ccp rattati or something.... or ya know, talking about EVE online the video game.

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

Rust Martialis posted:

And lo, I am for a brief hour upon Fartwater Island, home of CCP

Tell rattati he sucks

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

I have created an AAD thread on the matter.

i await it's closure and your removal from gsf for trying to drive a wedge between Imperium allies

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

dragonshardz posted:

:honk:

GANDR's got all the things. Wanna munch crok? Well, we ain't got crok, but we got Coesites and poo poo. Wanna huff space farts? You got it, amigo. Wanna shoot red crosses? OH BOY, DO WE GOT DEM RED CROSSES.

Wanna shoot everything that isn't blue? The whole wide world is yours.

what if I want to shoot blues though?

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

windex posted:

They killed Solo! Those bastards!

https://zkillboard.com/kill/103740195/

(edit: this is a great way to start a page)

I don't believe this ever happened. The usual anti goose posters have yet to awaken and try and make themselves feel good or whatever it is they're trying to do these days.

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

windex posted:

Tbh pubbies being idiots is still the best part of internet spaceships.

:emptyquote:

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

I love me some bomber fleets. And not those silly torp ones. The ones you spend 20 minutes prepping to pull off and feel amazing when the bads become pods

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

TheWeedNumber posted:

Now if you’ll excuse me, it’s time for me to take permanent leave of this godforsaken thread. Kaysette, I ain’t coming back. Probate me if I do without talking to you first.

It’s been a pleasure, for the most part. For the rest, I bid you a hearty SMDFTB. Dozer out.

TheWeedNumber posted:

It was the Navy and where do you think I developed the allergy!?!?

:mods:

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

floppyspud posted:

I'd you dare travel on to reddit there is a really good comment that lays out literally every reason why the game is failing, but I would stay away from that shithole if I were you.

Allow me to save you the journey to that poo poo heap

Here's the history summarised (Edit not really in chronological order mostly!):

1. CCP years ago turned the Rorqual into a capital that could mine obsence amounts of ore. Everyone at the time said "This will screw up the game economy." CCP ignored the people because having a "Mining Capital" encouraged people to skill inject into it; stimulating the $ market (as it's required for extracting and injecting.)
2. After 2-3 years of rorqual mining, the entire game economy was hosed up. Mineral prices fell massively as super blocs concentrated Rorqual fleets on strip mining the infinitely respawning ore sites. Capitals were being produced in hours as rorqual fleets stripped entire systems. The titan, once a noteworthy-for-existing goal for an alliance of thousands of players, became attainable in weeks for a guy multiboxing \~8 rorquals (in range of an alliance's super fleet to be dropped on anyone attempting to kill the rorquals).
3. CCP decided the only way to unfuck their mistake is to introduce an "age of scarcity" and remove 90% of ore from the game in most places, sites don't respawn anywhere near as fast anymore.
4. After 2-3 years of scarcity CCP announces "The End of scarcity!" and reintroduce ore back to (Edit, ty for who told me) 10% of it's original values and after protest uncreases it to 20% of original values. (Still -80% compared to pre-scarcity). The playerbase is unhappy.
5. CCP announce sweeping industry changes that make it harder to manufacture almost everything. The playerbase is unhappy.
6. The industy changes vastly increase the cost of capital ship production. Industrialists and players who like to use capitals are unhappy.
7. Due to the cost of capitals being so high, people are using them less (too expensive to replace). The people who like to hunt capitals have nothing to hunt, these players are unhappy.
8. The changes made many faction ships not worth producing, blueprints fall in value. Players who used to like hunting pirate faction ships for blueprints are unhappy.
9. The new industry changes require people to do more PI. PI is a chore clickfest shitpile that people have asked for saved layouts, quick updating etc for years. CCP doesn't address these. People interacting with PI are unhappy (and more people are forced into it).
10. CCP introduced the "Dynamic Bounty System", reducing ISK payouts on bounties in nullsec based on how much PvP is in that system. Because inherently people who want to do PvE would prefer to be in areas with little PvP, the vast majority of systems have their DBS rating fall to 50%, cutting nullsec PvE'ers income in half. Nullsec PvE'ers are unhappy, many stop doing it, leaving mostly bots or afk pilots (launch drones and then go afk until the site is done) because the sites no longer reward enough for people's attention. Nullsec PvEer's are unhappy.
11. Because there are only bots or afk people to hunt, there is less active players doing interesting poo poo (smartbomb Machs in havens, carriers in havens, etc) to hunt, so people who used to hunt nullsec PvEer's have fewer targets, fewer interesting targets, so they are unhappy, many stop playing/hunting.
12. Well before the DBS CCP introduces instanced PvE (abyssals), anyone who liked "Eve is a sandbox" is unhappy. Initially, to run the most valuable "T5" abyssals, you had to be in lowsec or nullsec to encourage risk. This is rapidly reverted so that abyssal farmers can operate in highsec in relative safety. CCP even later introduces T6 abyssals, still usable in highsec. PvEer's who switch to abyssals and lose valuable ships to disconnects because CCP can't make the server stable, and these losses aren't reimbursed, are unhappy. Anyone who cares about number of players in space in the "real world" aka not an instance is unhappy.
13. In the "End of Scarcity" CCP altered ore values everywhere, making it so that certain minerals are concentrated in lowsec, attempting to revive the "dead area" that lowsec has substantially been activity wise for 15 years. This didn't really work very well at all. Lowsec denizens who liked it as a lawless and un-ownable space disliked the fact that now giga blobs of Rorquals mining mandatory minerals was what their outlaw zone was for. These players were unhappy.
14. CCP's "End of Scarcity" adjusted how mining is done, adding "loss" to inefficency, generally making the "End of Scarcity" even more laughable, and they also made asteroids much smaller, forcing miners to more actively change asteroid targets - taking the "relaxing" style of mining (one of the most boring activities in the game) and forcing greater activity into it. Miners were unhappy.
15. AFTER ALL OF THIS CLUSTER gently caress OF BAD DESIGN, MORONIC DECISIONS CCP announces that the cost of subscription (via $ or plex) is increasing by \~35%, far more for countries with unfavourable exchange rates to the USD/Euro.
16. So previous design changes made: Industrialists, miners, nullsec PvEer's, nullsec PvPer's, anyone who liked "Eve sandbox", almost all of lowsec, people who liked flying capitals, people who liked hunting capitals, and anyone who cares about the games economy/ecosystem unhappy. Now the price was going up. Everyone becomes double unhappy, and new people who were fine with the catastrophic changes above (i.e. highsec miners, highsec mission runners, traders) aren't happy about the price increases.
17. CCP says "Just wait for fanfest, we have the biggest content update ever." (almost actual quote, can't remember exact wording).
18. At fanfest nothing substantive is announced at all. Some new cosmetics for ships. "We are going to try to finally fix faction warfare after 10+ years of abject stagnation." Anyone who trusted CCP (lol) becomes more unhappy.
19. Almost the entire playerbase is now "TRIPLE unhappy", many are leaving.
20. CCP is already selling Skillpoints for money (Which they promised not to do in writing) and then begin selling Ships for money! Buy a mining barge pack for $15. Industrialists, miners ingame become "QUAD unhappy" at the idea that their value ingame, their time, investment, manufacturing skill, shipping, is replaced by "magic poo poo that appears for real money". Anyone concerned with the state of the economy also becomes QUAD unhappy.
21. When CCP introduced Citadels they made the explicit promise that assets were safe via the specifically named "Asset Safety" system. When a citadel dies (except wormhole space, where everything drops!) assets are automatically recovered to a nearby lowsec NPC station or even the same system if there is a NPC station it in. Except in Forsaken Fortress, with something like 2 months notice, "Lol we changing it", so unfueled structures become "Abandoned" and then everything drops. Many long dormant players unsuprisingly don't read emails or have activity - relying on the solid information given by CCP that Assets were safe. Smart players exploit CCP's stupidity, and start shooting structures on the test server, the ones that drop good stuff also drop that good stuff on the live server when the patch hits it. Some dude scoops 5 Tril of TII BPOs (not an exaggeration) and many other vast fortunes staked in structures CCP promised were safe are lost. Almost everyone is unhappy about this, particularly as a broken promise.
22. By this point anyone with any kind of view of the game's metastate/condition knows that CCP has absolutely no idea what they are doing. Repeated negative changes that make the game worse for entire playstyles keep coming, CCP continues to lie about what they will not do or what "biggest update ever" will be announced. Many players no longer have any faith in CCP at all - like getting to see inside the cockpit of the plane you are on and finding the Pilot is eating glue and the co-pilot is the corpse of Amelia Earhart.
23. Playerbase craters - playercount begins to drop to 2008 levels, then 2007 levels, and currently towards the lowest number of online active players since 2006, and continuing to fall. CCP takes no action, and worse, claims "It's just summer lol". That glue-eating Pilot just said, over the intercom "Well we might be falling but we're still in the air lol, don't worry about it." and continues eating glue.
24. Everyone who loves Eve is now QUINTUPLE unhappy because we are powerless to save something we dearly love. The playercount is falling so much that space feels empty. The ISK velocity is plummeting because there are no longer people buying and selling items (Imagine human population of your country falling by 500% in 5 years and the impacts it would have...)
25. The pilot, serene in the knowledge that this is his rodeo and he "must" be qualified enough to fly the plane due to the fact that he is the one piloting it (Looking at you, Hilmar), takes no course corrective action at all, and the descent continues.

For context, I have two accounts and I am subbed until 2025. I love this game. I have played for 17 years.

Edit - removed the pubbie reddit gubbins

captainclaw fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Oct 19, 2022

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

Rhjamiz posted:

Well poo poo, thanks for posting this. That's deeply disappointing.

But now you know what you're up against it shouldn't be too disappointing to dip your toe back in and see if anything scratches the itch. Much like the reddit op, I have 4 accounts subbed and log in to do stuff with my corpmates. Although it might feel like things are spiralling, I still hold out hope that we'll be here in another 20 years complaining about something eve related.

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

Cenodoxus posted:

We could all go back to private Freelancer servers and fly the same....

You had me at Freelancer

Freelancer Alpha 1 - 1 permission to change game is granted, please proceed to ctrl Q

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

learnincurve posted:

Isn’t selling in NPC delve an airlockable offence?

One way to find out

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

Eve, the space wizard is always on time

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

Dalael posted:

Mittani called some guy a goblin for the 876239867243 time! So funny hahahaha!
LOL mittani just told X alliance to Get hosed, again. What a hilarious dude!

To hear these, eat my rear end and other timeless quips from the man himself, just send £9.99.99.99.99 to the number on your screen now.

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

corgski posted:

Alright goonswarm, how was it that our like 10 person destroyer roam got 60 flycatchers dropped on it but bubbling all the jump gates in delve didn't prompt any response at all?

Also happy new year to whoever snagged the abyssal afterburner off my wreck, I hope you lose it in a way that is equally silly!

EVE 2023: MAX DUDES - DELTAS ROAMING DELVE

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

I suppose if you were going to accidentally hold sov, provi would be the place to do it

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

Salisbury Snape posted:

Logged in to check my toonies, turns out I still have a nyx, aeon, wyvern, vendetta and a Ragnarok all with fittings plus an Erebus hull in 1dq1. Seemed like a lot of effort to try and sell so I logged off again

I'll sell them for you. As a director of a member corp I give my word you will see every penny of isk of the sold ships, minus an agreed upon % from the top for doing the needful

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

Played Eve today. Pinged a corp fleet and ended up in provi with some wide eyed goons looking for a rumble. Instead we honked at the geese and had a guided tour from a paladin.

0 kills for 0 losses and a new relationship between goon and goon is by far my most successful fleet yet

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

Coasterphreak posted:

How did nobody lose a ship

Like, it’s the entire point of the drat game

We're still trying to work that out. We went through an incursion to get home and everything.

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

Not posting in gbs because you might be my dad and I wouldn't want to disappoint papa

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

Congrats on the alliance logo goose people

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

This made me lol

Golf claps to the op

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I don't accept bribes but it was kinda disrespectful of you not to offer.

This new forum management style really differs from the previous style were bribes weren't just accepted, but expected.
Unsure of my feelings on this

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

Solus posted:

Angry "I am incapable of understanding human emotion" Mustache?

Translate it into an excel formula. He understands those

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

Work harder on the next one

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

Kazinsal posted:

iirc it was one fuckin person losing all those orcas too :cripes:

"Man this channel keeps pinging. Best mute it"

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

Solus posted:

The R in Jeffrey stands for RMT

Wtb SA gold

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

Elusif II posted:

When I put it that way I really am a criminal, I kept people playing EVE Online. gently caress.

CCP-elusif III when?

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

Techno posted:

taking a poo poo on the captain's pillow
(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

Deserved, imho. I hate it when someone accuses people of making GBS threads on my pillow

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

Kazinsal posted:

the fuckin paywall went back up over this lmao. reddit got all danganronpa up in this poo poo

Are we incognito from the r/eve mob now? If so, Jeff could be about to get a summer home with :10bux:

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

Solus posted:

Genuinely think Mittani-gate irreparably caused psychic damage to some goons - like blood angels suffering from the black rag-*I am smacked over the head with a stick and stuffed in a sack*

Of course it did. Some people goons only knew eve under the martini and refuse anything negative said against him because angry nerd noises and eat my asses made them feel good about not being lead by gobberino and Lord moley or whoever shadow runs not goons these days

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

Cenodoxus posted:

The r/eve leak was a hit job by CCP to give them cover to revert the logo approval

I have no proof for this wild accusation but apparently I don’t need any

It's all in the reddit post that totally exists so you must be right

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

Controversial past drama post here, but I miss that poster who just posted papi propaganda the entire war. At least he wasn't doing a sexism like these new age bad posters

Good old dgc773

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

Simpler times