Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

Furnok Dorn posted:

well that sure was a bunch of dogshit posts thanks fellas

they've scraped so far through the bottom of the barrel they're just getting the dirt underneath

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

Vilgan posted:

Mittens was pretty much the entire reason I left, and seeing him gone is a huge leap forward for the Imperium. However, I don't get the kick/ban thing. I don't see that happening. For all his faults, the guy has been the leader for a long time and put a lot of energy into trying to maintain the empire. He then initiated a peaceful transfer of power on his way out and I assume has a decent amount of people who still think well of him.

Vengefully kicking isn't the right thing to do imo. Not only would it rub a lot of people the wrong way, but you risk him getting motivated and starting his own thing which could fracture the Imperium. Let him drift away in inactivity and let Asher start making Goons 3.0.

anyone rubbed the wrong way by it can and should get hosed

and lots of people including myself put a lot of time and energy into the imperium; him deciding to not go gently caress goons on the way out is not winning him brownie points either, I don't thank the chef at the local country-style chicken restauraunt for not giving me salmonella

Good Dumplings posted:

I think the last whistleblowers are still banned lmao

this poor, persecuted megacoalition. you need to go easy on them, it's hard to do what this perpetually dying site accomplished in like a week with ten mods

they are still blacklisted lmao

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

Vando posted:

Stop thinking that "avoiding fracturing the Imperium" is essential! Ideally you would try not to, but if there are truly *that many* Mittens diehards that this is a risk, you are going to have to fracture the Imperium to get rid of them, they're not going to change their attitude just by ignoring them and hoping it goes away.

Agreed, it would literally be better to break it apart a bit to be rid of the chuds - the only thing preventing it would is the space pixels and a loss of power/asses in chairs for this dumb game

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

I mean, it's pretty easy. In Asher's first meeting with all of the alliance corp directors and sub-directors he should simply say "in seven days I'm kicking Mittani from this alliance, banning him from services and blacklisting him. If any of you or your members have an issue with that, you know where the door is. Oh and anyone that wailed and gnashed about a cancel culture woke mob has seven days to get out as well"

this, plus blacklist reversals would be A+, it would not make him popular, it would be hard and divisive, but it would be the right thing.

psilocybin laden fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jul 30, 2022

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

Solus posted:

Can someone post the chat logs of globby getting into a fight with a bot and losing

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

BigD7976 posted:

The general consensus for the spirit of holesquad was that Dod was the death of it. So, if you're touting him as key part of the revival you're missing the point.

I thought it was dod's absentee-ism? and that when he was around things were fine and dandy

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

Dieting Hippo posted:

i mean we're in a hole and we're setup w/ web services so it's going pretty great so far.

siobhans good people and I trust her to do well by the people there; i'm not sure what that guy is so mad about

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

tbh i only needed to read like one of your posts to feel better about myself

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

Solus posted:

gently caress off Bill you disingenuous dickhead

please don't quote people i have on my ignore list, thank you

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

spazzhole posted:

he ran off into the vegas desert, never to be seen again

honestly with how things have been going; I may do the same

stackofflapjacks posted:

After reading the goldmined and this thread, maybe you all should keep playing Eve, it's seems to be the Pandora's box of some real Gamers and we should keep this nice Icelandic biohazard box locked and full of shitposters until the heat death of the universe.

Eve Online
What's dead may never die

Also love to see Globby white noise false equivalence'ing and white knighting the unrepentant coverup machine for sex pests
"Well only the literal capstone of the poo poo pyramid was orchestrating victim blaming, pedo sheltering, and oh Mittani is a known sexual assault groper in his local town... NOT ALL DIRECTORS"

Like we've just had 300 pages in a week about how it was very specific directors, that are easily identified and have specific credible allegations, which have been rehashed ad nauseum and verified, now you wanna play this

" Well the imperioum is cool akstually and those people who got fed up with repeated malicious bad faith from directors are nerds with an empty killboard, I'm not mad ur mad"

:cripes:

It's a great troll, 11/10

It seems like he got his heads on Pikes and you are waving your whole rear end out in the wind, being drummer boy for the Imperium when the organization itself decided to accept Mittani-land version of the whole series of events from the jump and have never backed down from that stance since. When it's the literal lying gaslighting minimizing playbook

this is a good post

psilocybin laden fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Aug 1, 2022

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

NtotheTC posted:

link to this please

on the fireside he did the week after, adj was like "part of this whole problem was mittani not knowing how to shut the gently caress up", which is not an admittance of fault or guilt in my book tbh and it's also not a loving apology - keeping misogyny quiet is not the correct outcome, not having it in the first place is the correct outcome, and then there was still no apology (I thought most people's parents taught them as a child to say they're sorry when there's a fuckup, apparently not because getting an apology is like pulling teeth or trying to send a mission to mars)

some people posted in the forum thread that what mittani did wasn't good, but

1. that's a forum thread, that most people will not read or acknowledge, and many who read it will not acknowledge it,
2. it's not a public/coalitionwide sphere, it's a personal opinion on a dead forum called goon fleet dot com,
3. as per number 2, it's not an official stance for the org; unless it comes out on an official channel it does not matter - and it must be from the heads of the alliance, adj, now asher, or anyone else of significant importance

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

andromache posted:

Like who? You guys ran off everyone of note in GSF other than like me, bill, and occasionally a wild xttz appearance. Seems like Asher’s play is to just do poo poo better and get back to playing eve. Let his actions speak for themselves and if that’s of interest to people ITT they can give it a try.

If someone got banned and wants to give GSF a try again they can reach out to our new exec either via PM on these forums, or I can get you hooked up with him on discord. GSF is back to shooting spaceships and there’s no appetite for litigating it over.

E: down below you basically said you requested everything that I mention in this post; so it seems we're on the same page

I apologize; like who for what? I am confused; I mentioned in number 3 that if Asher or theAdj made a statement actively condeming the behaviour; as an org statement, that would be appropriate.

It would be more appropriate to add an apology into that as well for the people who were harmed, and more appropriate still if they also mentioned that defense of the behaviour is innappropriate.

Furthermore it would be appropriate to unblacklist Solus, given the circumstances; I don't care if mittens is blacklisted, him being out of the org would be enough; but if he is not blacklisted and the whistleblower is, that's not good (I also know you are not in control of it, I'm saying this all as a general direction for the org to take)

I don't know what litigating means, but the fact there's no appetite to do this very simply thing is a problem - they may have a solution in place for the future, but it still means this whole thing that caused it still has not been fixed.

Prop Wash posted:

Over the past two weeks I've witnessed Dozer help out newbies (like, actual eve newbies) on several different occasions. He's contributed a lot of organizational knowledge and on one occasion walked a newbie through finding us through two wormholes and (somehow) their Selected Items window getting turned off. You, meanwhile, have posted here about how we need to get over toxic behavior and Get Back To Playing The Game.

So yeah, he can give you a lecture, and you should gently caress off.

E: It was inappropriate for the person (Rydis?) who manipulated him into doing so as well, they should be ashamed of themselves

He posted his junk where minors were exposed to it dude; and has a very sordid history completely regardless of that; trying to be a good person now is good and fine and what he should be doing but it does not excuse everything someone has done previously, and people who are done with him have every right to be.

Also this is not a defence of Atrum, he is a big boy and can handle himself. But I will also throw in that Atrum moved mountains for Delta and the survivors of abuse while all this poo poo went down and still advocates for us and the survivors. He may be wasting his time in trying to do so in the Imperium; but it's his time to waste. He was in the posting trenches with us and that's good enough praxis for me.

andromache posted:

You got me. There was a guy who exposed his ejaculated penis on an Internet forum without consent to a bunch of people. Probably should have ran that up through UCMJ as I believe he was still in the Navy at the time.

You are the absolute last person on this earth who can give me a lecture on anything, dickhead, and the fact that you are the Gatekeeper of Gooniness for 2022 SA is the most lol, lmao thing in this thread.

please don't quote people i have on my ignore list, thank you

psilocybin laden fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Aug 1, 2022

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

corgski posted:

Im gay+2

im gay+3

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

Solus posted:

Blackops is a dead org anyway lmao

we should simply shoot isabella

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

Solus posted:

How penisey can you make the thorax

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

andromache posted:

Anders is a shitbird. Really hope the new DA won’t suck!

anders did nothing wrong :skink:

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

Solus posted:

Why do members of ASCEE always post like they’re trying to impress Jordan Peterson

also

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

shut the gently caress up about the pubbie organization "goon swarm federation" jesus christ

if i want to read about the trials and tribulations of pubbies i'll go on r*ddit or get reinvited to cesspool

psilocybin laden fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Aug 5, 2022

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

the worst about that are sib squad and those IGC dipshits. that kind of pubbie "every capsuleer for themself" mentality has festered in gsf for a long time and i suspect will get worse without anyone to call them out or awox them for it

they did it to me in querious constantly, i'd be on the gate and bringing my runner over and theyd warp to it and take the gate

shooting blues should be allowed and encouraged

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

Feliday Melody posted:

This move by Init is pretty blatant.

I'm very interested to see how the Alliance will handle it.

they probably won't

raminasi posted:

It got locked after two responses with none from directors lol

lol, lmao

Additionally

the alliance leader (fartshines) who refuses to stop using slurs (repeatedly) and then blocks people when they call him out on it, who also blacklisted delta sqad when they got mad about pedophiles and misogyny is a dumbfuck rear end in a top hat?

why I never

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

RIP my beautiful thread. They probably weren't planning on doing anything.

if it's cool can you post a screenshot of the AAD thread for those of us without access?

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

KerenskyWhite posted:

Remember when you posted well?

Neither do we.

please do not quote people on my ignore list thank you

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

Dalmuti posted:

firm, but fair

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

please don't treat globby like a person, because he really isn't one. he has, through his intensely awful posting, proven that he has an innate need to dominate others and can only be coerced into civilized cooperative behavior if that cooperation comes at the expense of others. much like a wild animal, he can only imagine actions that benefit him in the immediacy. the lizard part of his brain overtakes that which makes the rest of us people. my advice, then, is to treat him the way you would treat a wild animal. you don't poke it with sticks, but rather let it be on its way or remove it from where you don't want it. good luck, goons

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022
i wonder if anyone has ever adapted parts of EVE to a tabletop RPG

I don't think it would loan itself well to a d20 system like magic jammer or starfinder but I think a system like eclipse phase could have a lot of potential

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

Dalmuti posted:

themadjinot line

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022
i have decided to come out of retirement for this spaceships online game which is almost undoubtedly a mistake (if my corp is willing to let me back in); i'm looking forward to seeing what all these gud fites in pochven is about

i have noticed many battleships on the battle reports, i have never gotten to use my bhaalgorn before and I am very excited at the prospect of doing so

Feliday Melody posted:

I have no idea what's going on in this picture. Mifune is an FC I think and Phoenix was that Alliance officer that left recently, right?

mifune's a mouthpiece for theta "phrenology enjoyer" squad whose only redeeming quality is that he looks like riley from Letterkenny;

pheonix was a coord and very popular FC that certain members of leadership drove away through mistreatment; and then proceeded to make up lies and smeared poo poo all over his good name when he left; at one point he was doing like, 12%, 20%?? of all fleets the imperium was fielding; absolute madlad

edit: it's ironic that mifune calls cryo a dick rider and circle jerking, giving that it's literally the entirety of mifune's brand

he goes on twitch dot tv for theta thursday and jerks himself off with other people whose big brain takes include but are not limited to "I know economics because I had a small business" "delta sqad is paid horde actors" "asher is shallow because he only likes pretty girls" "suicide ganking in highsec is bad" (thankfully for that last one many of them disagree)

psilocybin laden fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Oct 7, 2022

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

I surely have some kind of problem with my brain to be seeking it out; but I also lack the money for actual therapy

Mifune also passed out at downtime during M2-XFE round 1, but had the main stream coverage feed so all anyone saw for a while was their black disconnect screen

I wish I had been around for m2, can't believe I also missed mifune's best stream

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

Dalmuti posted:

* click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click*

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

floppyspud posted:

It probably is theres, I don't know. But I feel that horde and goons are both gonna start eyeing tests share.

I mean they aren't using it for anything other than the directors wallets and maybe some "gifts" to fraternity (though that's just a conspiracy) and maybe the pay amounts were written in stone and test is gonna keep their share... but I hope they lose it. Also has anyone noticed the amount of people saying "if everyone bands together, we can destroy TTT and save eve" like it isn't owned by the two largest blocs in the game? very annoying. It's always been a thing, but it's getting more and more common.

it's very funny because it's 1. not the problem with eve, 2. not going to happen because no one except me wants to sit in highsec for multiple 20 hour tidi fights over a keepstar armour and hull timer on the busiest node

I was there in a Nyx when it kicked off, though I was actually playing Civ 4 when the first pings went out. I then stayed up until 3am UK in my Nyx not being able to shoot anything because I believe supercarriers were being used as a screen against a dreadbomb. I docked in Big's Disco Palace, went to bed, woke up at 8am, logged into jabber to find the battle still going on and that supers were now allowed to shoot things. In the end, I got on five or six titan kills, and in exchange for all of my T2 heavy fighters getting nuked

it sucked rear end

like almost every Great Fight In Eve, it's much better to read about than to have actually experienced

the duality of man

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022
cum

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

raminasi posted:

I can’t speak authoritatively to the current state of things because I won but I do think it’s worth remembering that people have been posting about how EVE is circling the drain for years now.

yes but the playercount also didn't look like this

although this was a couple days ago, for some reason right now it's at 18.5k which is very weird for midday on a wednesday usually it's much lower

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

floppyspud posted:

Games already empty enough... no new systems please.

he's talking about the lore; it makes no sense for things to randomly disappear and for stuff to get hacksaw'd like ccp does

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022
https://zkillboard.com/kill/103975479/

for anyone that wants to have a giggle at the expense of dunkarys

also i am getting the itch to play spaceships, is this what the youth these days refer to as "down bad"

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

Dalmuti posted:

And it's all delta sqad's fault

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022
i think the reserve bank should pay out a % at set intervals to the holder of the TCU (specifically not the ihub), that way money can filter into corps while still maintaining an onus of defence from the alliance they're in since the alliance would still have to control the ihub

although some alliances would probably demand that all systems have their tcu for the executor corp but that's not ccps problem; but new income streams are needed for players, and corps, and alliances, anything that lets it trickle through the whole ecosystem would be good

you could even have the payout require someone to manually pull the cash, so that way people can contest your resource collection in space; like robbing one of those trucks that carries money to/from banks

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

Rutibex posted:

Do physical isk notes or coins even exist

some representation of it does already, you get it for robbing ESS's and then have to trade it in for money - I don't know what they're actually called ingame but they're essentially bearer bonds

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

DerekSmartymans posted:

Oh, no harshing my mellow…I’m having fun on fleets and I’ve only lost two ships all month so far! I guess I was just slightly disappointed I wasn’t chased into/out of Jita outside my home system. All the guides and videos harped on safes, deepsafes, instawarp/instadock…and none of that was necessary at all. I blew past the trianglemans in a couple of gates, but if it weren’t for them I could’ve just autopiloted the whole trip.

The new QoL stuff was linked in jabber yesterday, though, and every one is a home run. Hopefully a portent of things to come!

Dalael posted:

Guides and videos harp on these things, because they're what you should do if you want to be safe all the time... But its not necessary most of the time.

Take bouncing while traveling for example. 99% of the time, you dont need to bounce and can warp straight to a gate. But that 1% is gonna catch up with you on jump 49 out of 56 when some guys smart bomb you on a gate, forcing you to travel all over again.

this but also space use to be a lot busier (allegedly; I was not here for it but I have been told repeatedly it was)

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

floppyspud posted:

They did a few(6?) Months ago, called siege green. They may do another but I doubt it, the prices actually seem fairly reasonable, though dreads specifically could be a bit more ammoish.

prices feel too high for how many nerfs the ships ate and how bad some of them are in solo play tbh

their reluctance to iterate on anything they do is a problem, seige green was a step in the right direction but they need to revisit it and continue reversing the changes that they've made over the years

especially to faction ships and implants

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

Every capital needs a capital core temperature regulator which my back of the napkin maths is close to one billion isk in raw moon goo and PI. A titan needs twenty of those

lots of implants require P4 now for some reason and gilas, I can't remember what they did to gilas but they got shot in the back of the head too

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

floppyspud posted:

Yeah building faction ships from bpcs is pointless now, far better to just get the actual ship with lp.

Which is a shame because I have all these ashimmu bpcs... not that the ship is good anyways.

they really, really, need to buff the blood raider ships

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

Feliday Melody posted:

https://www.hoboleaks.space/Singularity_2140837-2141324

It looks like all HACs might be facing pretty large nerfs to range.

delicious