Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Pilfered Pallbearers posted:

Praise be to the king, baby.

Hey everyone, get a load of this guy that doesnt know about the bottom basket yet!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Pilfered Pallbearers posted:

Jokes on you, bottom basket was full at the front of seltzer and TP

PBUC!

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Shear Modulus posted:

So last week I bought this fan at Costco: https://costcofan.com/costco-woozoo-fan/

It's great and I decided I wanted another one, but when I went a couple days ago they didn't have any. Then I went onto the website and it's not there either. The page still comes up on search engines https://www.costco.com/woozoo-globe-multi-directional-5-speed-oscillating-fan-w-remote.product.100499225.html but the page isn't there.

Is this a thing that happens often? Items just vanishing? Do they ever come back?

Yes and its terrible and stupid. They pull the URL for out of stock items rather than keeping them active and "out of stock". When they get more stock it will show up again.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

PokeJoe posted:

Dude I have no idea I picked it up just to look at it and it got me pretty good

https://www.costco.com/northwest-fish-6-whole-dungeness-crab%2c-10-lbs.product.100511686.html

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Faith in the 'co shook. Booked booster shots for my wife and I 30 minutes apart with the idea one of us would shop with the toddler and then swap. When I went to check in for my appointment they told me to just have her come and they would do them at the same time. Sure, that sounds fine to me, praise be. What happened next I have no idea. I sat in the waiting chair long after my appointment, then 30 minutes later for my wifes appointment still waiting...Finally after 50 minutes of the toddler pulling poo poo off the shelves around the pharmacy they call us back. I asked the guy if they were busy and he no joke said "nah sometimes I just tune my staff out when they are asking me for something". Hey Zeus Cristo. This guy had to have been sampling the drugs he was pushing.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Zero VGS posted:

I got a free upgrade the other day, the soda fountains were broken so they were tossing everyone canned pepsi with each hotdog instead.

with refill???

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

AmbientParadox posted:

Anyways, the big new fridge came and we found 3 small dings on the freezer door. I think we're just gonna accept it because ordering and delivering a fridge is such a hassle.

It's really not that hard to inform Costco that it came damaged but its a real big hassle to return and get a new one delivered and you'll have to see it constantly. I bet they give you a benjamin for your trouble. I wish I could do that for the 3 dings in my door from my toddler having a tantrum and banging on it with some hard toy.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Fitzy Fitz posted:

The Bang CEO is really really weird, but the company is going bankrupt because Monster pulled some legal maneuvers on them. Bang falsely advertised made-up ingredients like "super creatine" that Monster sued them over. And a previous lawsuit against Bang had been settled with a stipulation that it could only be sold as a fitness supplement (or something like that), so Monster got them on that too. So now something like 5% of Bang's sales have to be paid to Monster, and it's probably impossible for the company to continue when all of its sales make a profit for its biggest rival. Also their distributing deal with Pepsi fell through after they backstabbed all of their previous distributors. Lol

Why wouldn't the consumer get this money? oh wait LOL corporations are people

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

That sure is a large amount of uncovered prepared food. I guess I am using my fridge the wrong way.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Alan Smithee posted:

i want to get bagels so i can make lox and cream cheese but the bagels go bad quickly and if i put in the fridge it gets hard

I freeze one of the sixer sleeves and between the few in my house the other 6 last a few days in the fridge before having any issues. Helps that the toaster has a fridge mode and bagel mode that slowly warms it before putting the scorch on it for a nice crisp toast

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

I ordered two of these and they sent me two of "im trying to suck my own dick and gonna crash". Wrong quarter lb hot dog!

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Dick Fontaine posted:

As already mentioned, Vitamix is running a $100 manufacturer’s coupon ATM.

If you want to get real serious about your blending though you have to head over to business center and grab a Blendtec Connoisseur.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsTZm7QtY84

how does this guy have fingers still?!

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Ayndin posted:

It took the orange sky NYC hellscape to finally get me to set up my winix air purifiers, but they’re going now.

The only time they went over low was yesterday when I had just enormous farts all day, and they’d angrily go to orange/red after a long bout of gas.

Way to waste your money. Box fan furnace filter man laughing his way to the bank.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

what the shell?

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Edit: I wish CostCo sold sportcoats. For a long time Sears was my fallback for those, and now it seems like the best I can find is Kohls. I'd love me some Kirkland sportcoats and blazers.

They do! Im not sure ive ever see a Kirkland Signature sport coat but they have had other brands on costco.com and even run sales on them in the past

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

hark posted:

I was so pissed the last time I needed tires. I went to Costco and they said they didn't carry the specific size I needed in any of their brands and that it wasn't even made anymore. I ended up having to have the stupid dealership replace them all and it was like 900 dollars. tucking sucked.

What do you even drive? Costco let me order tires from their other warehouses to be shipped to the store I needed and even would put on tires shipped to them from something like tiresplus.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

CraigSlice posted:

Went to Costco to pick up a clearanced out 65" LG OLED c2 for 999.97 that I saw last week. Sign still said 999 but it rang up for 697.97 with free 5 year all state warranty! Add a dog on top and that's a steal! PBUC!

Im sad, the closest one to me was 9 hrs away and I could not bring myself to do that. Bought the C3 (which was still on sale but definitely not worth 2.5x the price).

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Hed posted:

Is there a camelcamelcamel but for Costco.com? I'm realizing some skin caviar product my wife wants was once $100 off and I'm curious how often that happens.

I mocked up this application in 2020, was going to name it skipthesamples.com tracking the seasonal/cyclical sales of Costco items. Was in the process of finding out how to crawl the costco site/if api's were available for price checks and found some other site that did exactly this and threw it in the garbage. Now I can't find which site did it!

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

WebDO posted:

recipe critic now.

I can help with that. While individually the items are good combining them sounds disgusting. Sometimes less is more in terms of flavors.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Also, anyone try these xlb? Don't think I've seen this brand before

I volunteer my body as tribute. I loving love xiaolongbao.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Bought a tv on sale a few weeks ago - they had another labor day say on the TV and I walked out with $325 dollareedoos. PBUC.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

ShowTime posted:

Everyone knows to part way for Costco royalty when those things are coming through. If you look close enough, you'll see little bows of peoples heads, or backwards glances and whispered words of admiration. That person is about to spend some money. Could be a bunch of groceries, could be a new TV, who knows.

I had the biggest boner walking around the store with the orange cart and a new TV on it with people asking me how much it cost and if they had any more.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

If it has to announce "Gourmet" on its packaging it usually isnt.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Cithen posted:

Costco bagels are at least better than Thomas's

This triggers me as I usually get Thomas's bagels at the grocery store except when I have gone to Costco because they are so much better than Thomas's (and I already think Thomas's is better than poo poo like Lenders). There is a local place that does NY style that I will grab from once or twice a year thats significantly better than any of that though. Each jump up in quality (at least for me) is like 2x as much in cost though.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

same, I was putting it on bagels and trying to dress it up with capers and lemon and it was still not great and p. fishy

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Zero VGS posted:

That's your benchmark? Homophobe fast-food that soaks their chicken in pickle juice?

I mean it works - I dont know what the gay bashing has to do with the way the nuggies taste but you do you.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Zero VGS posted:

You know how you can taste the love? You can also taste the hate.

I dont eat at Chick Fil A but I do know that soaking fried chicken in pickle juice is not just theirs. My local super market (HEB) has pickle juice nuggies in their frozen section. It legit tastes good so its been mimicked and copied by tons of others. I highly doubt Chick Fil A was the first to do this even just the most well known at the moment.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

SirPablo posted:

My tires have arrived at Costco. Thankfully I made an appointment (for next Thu) right away when I ordered them last week as the earliest appointment right now is Nov 29.

When I had to order some the local costco called when they came in and begged me to come in earlier than the original scheduling from the online system. Just call the local up and tell them yours have arrived and ask if they want you to come have them installed before the 29th.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

So the FDA sent him warnings in 2016 - in 2019 he was indicted - was still open in 2020 to claim PPP - when is he getting hosed? Truly he is American to have no consequences for your actions as business owner.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

"I rent" gets 'em everytime

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Psion posted:

they want to sell you shrink-wrapped pallets of liquor

when can I get this?

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Fatrick posted:

Noodles are better.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Christmas lights were $4.97 for the Sylvania Staylit C9 LED bulbs at my warehouse. The labelled price next to the display was $15 and change and I drat near went back and bought way too many if only to have the most kick rear end display next year.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Shaken in my faith in the church. Scheduled an appointment a week in advance for tpms sensors at the tire dept as mine started flashing on the console for tires installed last year (interestingly I only got tires because of the tpms sensors flashing and they did a "maintenance pack" on them whatever that is). Guy scheduling was super cool. Arrive and they take the car and an hour and a half later tell me the tpms sensors are flashing and they dont have any in stock to replace so I would have to schedule an appointment to come back in. During this time they rotated and filled the nitrogen in the tires (things not asked) then decided to call. What the what?

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

pencilhands posted:

The only place ive ever seen do this in the us is aldis

and airports

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

No wonder they wait 3 hours to go in. I'll take a mooncake and a red wine beef pie, thanks.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Ineffiable posted:

If you cash it out and not use it to buy Costco groceries you can put your Costco groceries on your CC and earn 2/4% but that's not a big deal when you can get savings accounts with 5% these days so just use it to pay for your next trip and save the money into a savings account instead of using it on a credit card bill.

Similar reason why people use Amazon prime credit card as credits on their next statement instead of applying it at check out.

I thought if you redeemed it for credit you didnt get the rewards on $ paid for on credit. I always deposit to a bank account then pay my bill from that bank account. Only reason not to do this is if you do not have a bank account, do not want to give costco your bank account info, or want a wad of cash in your pocket.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

ROJO posted:

Got two $1.50 dogs to supplement our Costco sushi in Kauai. The drinks were flat, but the dogs more than outperformed the $1.50. PBUC.

Its telling me I need to travel by plane 12 hrs to get costco sushi. Might be worth it!

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Sloppy posted:

Tangential, but I discovered these little air compressors recently and they're the absolute poo poo, especially if you have a very very slow leak like me or forget checking the pressure in your spare. They can air up a tire in seconds and stash away easy under a seat or in the trunk.

I have a $15 one that connects to the 12v inside the car, you set the psi and it fills then shuts off....what does this one do better? Seems like a pain to pop the hood and connect to the battery every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

I like how the bucket of chicken doesn't say for 2 people but the sandwich does!