Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Ohtori Akio posted:

I would assume 'peace be upon costco', a reference to the ubiquitous Muslim honorific: https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/peace_be_upon_him

No it's Praise Be.... because John Oliver came out with his own religion at the time and so I started saying praise be all the time.

At least I'm pretty sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Bum the Sad posted:

This is how we get our own Sunni/Shia split I'm pretty sure.

All are welcome under the single wearhouse church roof of Costco.

edit: I checked the old thread and the first instance of "praise be" was by me in 2017.

Let the sacred scrolls be recorded appropriately.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Hypnolobster posted:

New thread, can't let that stand without doing The Thing again.

Yes I drove 20 minutes to costco to do this today.

:worship:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Yeah weren't people out there making onion soup type stuff with all of the condiments?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Jesus christ. Salted butter is just butter with salt in it. I've seen no mass difference in salt levels in the salted butter I've had. In my entire life. I'm sure it's pretty standard now. Or at least they'll list it.

Adding salted butter to your food? Well, just loving account for that lol. Don't add more salt. Salted butter is absolutely not super salty.

disclaimer: I buy a yogurt blend margarine thing

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Thread mascot.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I use a tub b&b every like 3 months

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Fashionably Great posted:

Camping gear at mine started going on closeout a few weeks ago at my warehouse. I'm in the lower Midwest where camping season is basically April-early October. Clothing and seasonal items are fall oriented now.

After finally getting to take out the sleeping pad I bought there on closeout a few weeks ago, I can safely say that I do not recommend the cascade sleeping pad. Admittedly, I am comparing it to my spouse's Big Agnes sleeping pad that was $100+ new and mine was $29.97, but I'm not a fan. I'm going to keep it for if I get into backpacking or have friends who need to borrow gear but I'll be going to REI to test a better sleep system before my next trip.

It's a pain in the rear end to deflate and pack into the stuff sack with the individual connected pillows rather than one with large/long channels. I am 5'4" 160lbs and it bottomed out on me when I was side sleeping, yet was oddly stiff at the same time. It's hard to access the air valve to let out a little bit of air to make it less stiff because it's on the underside of the pad, not the top. I didn't think the 23 inch width would be much different than the spouse's 25 inch pad but I felt cramped, the extra inch on each side counts.

I got this one a while back. I think I only used it once but it was nice and inexpensive. Excellent reviews.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FP4Z3RZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I slept on a Thermarest self-inflating one for a year as my bed. It was great but very expensive and once it developed a hole I couldn't find it.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
heh, nut milk

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
That's gotta be some local poo poo.

You in a red religious area?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Alan Smithee posted:

im about as far from it as I can possibly be

where are YOU

oh poo poo you're right! I've never been at mine on a weekend before but they close at 6pm!!!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Finally went to the 'co after maybe 6+ months. I picked up my $340 visa return. Spent $270 though. At the last second I remembered to put it on my card for the rewards and not use the cash they gave me.

I left with a 4 pack of pepper spray. I'm not sure why but it was there and WI has the strictest laws in the country regarding pepper spray so I grabbed it. :shrug:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Yeah it's been pretty bad. I'm ashamed. :(

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I saw a bunch of those today. I was debating picking one up.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Shear Modulus posted:

Nice, I see it. https://www.samsclub.com/p/woozoo-by-iris-usa-remote-controlled-oscillating-circulating-desktop-fan-black/P03004134?xid=plp_product_1. Looks like a slightly different model from what the button layout looks like but probably just as good.

I really like it, much better than any $40 Vornado would have been. I'm just using it to create a gentle breeze though, not turning it on full blast.

The one I saw was set up and blowing. It was a white version and I saw you could make it pan horizontally or vertically. It was powerful for being so tiny. It was $30 here.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I don't bring my own bags to costco because the items are so large I could fit like two FitCrunch bar containers in one and it's full.

I just ask for a box and they always do a pretty good job of making it somewhat easy to transport.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Wonderllama posted:

I place my consumables into my Sam’s club brand zippable cooler bags that I keep in the trunk. No Jesus no peace.

:frogout:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I was at my cousin's/cousin-in-law's birthday party and they had walking tacos. I didn't eat any due to physical issues but they had like 30 of them and they said they got them from costco. The people there liked them a lot but thought they were too big.

I've never seen those before.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Saw this in the meme thread in PYF. Should probably be added to the OP.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

astral posted:

Tried some of Sam's Club's Super Premium ice cream the other day and...it's no Kirkland Signature, that's for sure.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

astral posted:

I'm saying their ice cream is bad. Condolences.

Yeah but you mentioned the S word. That's a banable offense.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
It's generally not advised to fuel your car when there are thousands of tiny explosions going off at the same time.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Soul Dentist posted:

Boys it finally arrived:

I get these but have never read one. Anything interesting in it?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I got those frozen enchiladas that were on sale in the last mailer when I went a week or two ago and they were pretty good I think. I was very drunk when eating all of them. You get 6 of them packaged in convenient 2 packs. They were pretty good and I threw some of the 505 on them.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

ShowTime posted:

You aren't talking about the Realgood lowcarb ones are you? I hope not, because those are universally panned as being terrible. You must have been absolutely shitfaced if you thought they were good.

No they weren't low carb or anything. At least I don't remember that and god drat they were messy.

I was, however, absolutely poo poo faced. I guess I'll have to look up what they were.

quick edit: can't find them on the website. They had a blue/teal box I think.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
That must have been it!

Yes, I was very very drunk. I couldn't describe them to you but I remember liking eating microwaved enchiladas at 2am.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

CzarChasm posted:

Are the jarred 505 chilis seasonal or regional? I don't know that I've ever seen them at my store (SE WI), and I don't get any matches looking online.

I found them at the Kenosha store.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I've had kimchi once before when I was like 16 that my friend's (a goon) mom (Korean) made. I don't remember liking it but my palate has increased dramatically with age.

I should try it again but I would have to find something to use it on.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Shear Modulus posted:

You can just eat it by itself

Like a side dish thing? I equate it to sauerkraut because that's pretty big here in WI but that's just used to put on brats and stuff.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Smugworth posted:

Just eat it out of the jar with a fork you fool

I'm assuming this will probably be the result if I like it, which I'm guessing I will.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Spinz posted:

Got a punkin pie today thanks to this thread trashing on them last night

When all of the pumpkin pie chat came up I was like... "Oh boy, I wonder when Spinz is gonna get in here."

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Alan Smithee posted:

wait do you not have relish either

All I have now is ketchup and yellow mustard. Not even deli mustard anymore. :(

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

numberoneposter posted:

tax free hot dogs

I noticed that too. I pay $1.58 for mine.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Gaius Marius posted:

Whole lotta people never had a grandma make them a pumpkin pie

I made one before with real pumpkins. lol gently caress ever doing that again.

:smith:

I just bought 2 pair of pants from Costco. Both 36x32. Different brands. One pair's legs are like 6 inches longer lol.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Whooping Crabs posted:

Costco pants rule, haters vacate

Yeah like the past 5 pair of jeans I got were from Costco. Sucks I can't try them on but I they're cheap and quality and I'll play that roulette.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Toxic Mental posted:

Ain't no way that's accurate for the PNW. No one says pop here. And rightly so.

Yeah that map is way off. I've seen better ones.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Coredump posted:

Trip report: The thin crust pepperoni pizzas that come in the 4 pack are very so so. Its the flavorless crust that lets them down.

Yeah they're just fine. Nothing special. Cheap frozen pizza.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

strangehamster posted:

Better, worse, or about the same as Jacks?

I'd say comparable. It's been a while though so I don't really remember. I certainly wasn't offended by them though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Crusty Nutsack posted:

speaking of beer, they had pallets of beer advent calendars right inside the entrance yesterday

Do you go to the Kenosha one?