Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Use a butter dish/butter bell you butter savages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Is the kirkland butter any good compared to the kerrygold?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Did politeness died ?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Alternatively don’t eat the tortured chicken and eat something else instead

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Has anyone tried the cranberry jalapeño chicken meatballs?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Pinche Rudo posted:

2nd year with the Costco fake Christmas tree and it’s great. Still looks fantastic after being in storage for a year
Did you expect it to wither? :confused:

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Soul Dentist posted:

I'm an early riser but I hate going to Costco at open because every chode and bitty with nothing to do is waiting in line twenty minutes before. Then they clog the entrance trying to find their cards and chatting while I'm trying to get back to produce and get in with my life
Person in line thinks line is problem

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

SourKraut posted:

Anyone know why they no longer stock the Trident fish sticks? My kids ate them like crack and now they're gone...
I still see it on the app. And yeah they’re great.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

The condiment dispenser today was totally busted. Gave me one squirt of mustard and nothing for ketchup. Staff knew but didn’t fix it. Dry hot dog.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I grew up around durian eaters and the very thought of durians right now is making me sick. If you don’t get it you never will.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

A repair guy said the same thing to my mom, and I said "HEY! Apologize right now!" He did, and then he clapped for me because he was the only one there to clap.
I’m so sorry you stood up for your mom and she wouldn’t even clap for you

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Did anyone really think they made a loss selling a freakin’ hot dog?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

The lobster bisque isn’t great even when non expired. There’s no such thing as cheap lobster stuff that tastes good.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

We have two air purifiers because my partner is allergic to stuff but I’m convinced they don’t do anything and are just a placebo

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

What’s the easiest way to slice the slab of meat? I could never do it thin like deli style.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

SirPablo posted:

Y'all not doing a simple scrub & rinse on your dishes before they go in the washer wtf
This is objectively a waste of water and energy. It’s at best unnecessary and at worst may make the dishwasher a little less effective.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Scrape chunks of food off your dishes you savages but you don’t need to do a scrub and rinse. If your dishwasher is ancient, maybe, but the vast majority of modern dishwashers do not benefit from this. I’ve watched the above videos previously and I think he says at one point that some detergent literally rely on there being some food bits to “latch” on to the dishes.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I can’t wait for us to redo the kitchen so we can have a two dishwasher system. We’ll never have to shelf our dishes again.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Has anyone done the price comparison to see if Costco kimchi is actually cheaper than at an Asian grocery store?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I was at Costco today and they only had the 42oz Jongga kimchi. Didn’t even have a price tag on it or anything. Where’s the 84oz? I think the price ended up being roughly half so it worked out I guess.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Sauteing kimchi? That’s honestly a new one to me

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

The only place we have in our home for a chest freezer is our backyard and most chest freezers won’t last out there. Depressing.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

Chest freezers kinda suck because poo poo always gets buried at the bottom and you have to pull every fuckin thing out to get to it.
I’m sure there’s a shelving solution to that

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

The inside of my mouth feels slimey from seeing that

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I bought a shirt from Costco for the first time and the neck hole was so tiny it was literally suffocating me. I have a regular sized neck. It was a Banana Republic soft-touch cotton tee. I don’t understand how a shirt’s proportions could be so off

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

PokeJoe posted:

Sound bars suck rear end. Even a pair of cheapo computer speakers will sound better imo
We bought a Sonos sound bar for our bedroom after concluding there’s literally no space for speakers. Doesn’t at all compete with my living room’s tower speakers and SVS sub. But it’s way better than the TV itself and honestly impressive in its own right. Massive QoL improvement for late night TV and changed my perspective on soundbars altogether. I think soundbars are perfectly adequate for a lot of people.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

My local costco group is erupting with some rancor because some rear end in a top hat allowed their dog to take a shot in the produce section and just walked off. Sneaking your dog in as a service dog is bad, not even bothering to clean up after them is some kind of wild.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

That poster seems to just not like many companies

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Local costco facebook group says mango smoothie very bad. It’s mostly sugar. you’ve been warned

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

BigHead posted:

You have a local Costco Facebook group?! Is it more or less activity than this thread? Which do you prefer posting in, and why?
It’s way more active than this thread and they have scoops on upcoming and new deals

Also reports on “service dogs” taking a dump in the middle of the produce section

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

New discovery: the refrigerated beef kebab is good stuff. Easy ready protein for rice or pasta or wraps.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I think they’ll end up rolling back at least some of this friction. It’s dumb to force the cardholder to pay. People who want to circumvent the system will obviously do it — the cardholder pays Costco and then the abuser pays the cardholder.

If they genuinely wanted to enforce this policy they should do it at point of entry. Otherwise they’re just sending mixed signals about what they want to discourage.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

StormDrain posted:

Economics 101 tells you to locate specialized businesses close so they have to compete on everything except location. It's not spiteful, its basic theory. There's a Sam's Club across the street from Costco too.
The Nash equilibrium explains why stores cluster; it doesn’t tell you to set up near your competitor. If anything it’s an observation of what happens when businesses do their own thing without regard for their competitors’ actions — the exact opposite of what you’re saying.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I’m surprised they allowed your backpack. One time we loaded all our stuff into grocery bags after paying and set them on our cart but we still had to unbag everything so the person could check the items.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

numberoneposter posted:

Scored some sweet convertable cargo pants at Costco tonight.
Be better than cargo pants

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

eat less red meat and extend your health expectancy you fools

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

charliebravo77 posted:

Late to the A5 ribeye chat but I had seen them for a while and bought one for my birthday a few months ago. I did some price checking and it's like 25% the cost vs going to any decent steakhouse around here in Chicagoland for the same amount of meat.

Slice it into thick strips and cook on cast iron.

I paired it with some Japanese market Blanton's and ponzu for dipping and it was well worth the cost, especially considering it was $99 and just last night I spent $85 (for 2 people) at a conveyor belt sushi place and didn't really eat THAT much. Now I'm kinda craving another A5 ribeye.
This is the opposite of whatever that page 170 post was

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I bought their woozoo fan because my local Costco facebook group wouldn’t shut up about it. It’s pretty good. Tiny footprint. Fairly quiet at low settings.

My understanding is you want to avoid tower fans because they’re usually weak as poo poo and hard to clean.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Hasn’t the value of gold actually been going up? I thought I read about it. I mean you probably get ripped off on the merchant fees or whatever but gold is a legit investment product.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

honda whisperer posted:

Vacuum sealer makes a lot of the bulk food viable for 1 or 1.5. Portion it out, seal, and freeze.

Buy a rotisserie chicken every run. 5 bux is a screaming deal.

The you bake it chicken enchiladas are great.
I bought a vacuum sealer thinking this is what I would do but my freezer can’t fit the massive loving portions and I don’t have space for a chest freezer