Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Jingleheimer posted:

I have a Costco bacon story from about 6 or 7 years ago. As a Costco forklift driver, there was a time where I was hungry at work and had nothing to eat. I decided to buy a pack of the Kirkland pre-cooked bacon and have it sitting on my forklift while I was working so I could nibble on it throughout my shift. I would drive up to my coworkers and offer them a piece of bacon, and they would say stuff like "uh, no thanks, I'm good. Why the hell do you have bacon on your lift to snack on? That's ridiculous." And I would respond with something like "Hey man, weird or not, if you don't want to enjoy a piece of bacon, that's your problem." This story is 100% true and I don't know if I should be proud or ashamed that it happened on more than one occasion.

I would very much appreciate a coworker rolling up with bacon ready to go. That's great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

A hundred bux worth of old cheddar, or as many of these as you can handle

Get bulked up with a Gallon Of Mayo A Day (GOMAD)

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

banging fist on self checkout
DISCOUNT WHISKY!
DISCOUNT WHISKY!
DISCOUNT WHISKY!

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

pentyne posted:

Business Centers are a great space for things they weirdly don't sell in regular Costcos. The sell the Kirkland 1/2 lb Polish dogs in their fridge section, the same kind that used to be sold in the food court. Their freezer section is stocked a lot better too.

Tons of variety of drinks and prepackaged snacks of all kind. Imagine a regular Costco that sells no clothing, books, costumes, and all that space is instead more bulk buy foodstuffs.

In Canada, we get the Kirkland polish dogs in the fridge section. Did they remove them from USA stores?
I'm happy my local brought back the KD shaker. It would seem they listened to my request in the feedback box.
I grew up loving kraft dinner, but learned later that I have celiac disease.
Now I can make any gluten free pasta into kraft dinner, and use that nasty "cheese" sauce to convince my kid to eat any vegetables.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Douchebag posted:

I never saw Page 257 until today but this is the Church Meat I made on Christmas.

No crimes were committed.

You gonna finish that?

Renegret posted:

My problem with the cart return at Costco is that there aren't enough of them. I take my kid with me to go shopping pretty often. There's no chance I'm taking my eyes off of him for a second in a parking lot so I make him get in the car and buckle in while I'm loading it up. But I also tend to park towards the back of the lot where there's no cart returns so now I'm stuck either leaving my son alone in my car unsupervised in a busy parking lot while I return it, or just leave the cart behind. I hate both options.

Seems like you could use some kind of quick release hitch , so you could just sort of tow the cart through the lot, and unhitch as you idle past the front door. Drop it off on the way by kind of thing.

B33rChiller fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Dec 31, 2023

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Casio x Costco bundle piano for chrimmas this year

Petey enjoys his new perch.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Pennywise the Frown posted:

edit: ^^^ yeah this

If you were able to use the cart throughout the store and all the way up to your car then you can fuckin' take it back.

I know someone who will regularly use a shopping cart in place of a walker, so you may be over reaching with your assumption.

Not touching the discourse around returning carts, just trying to correct this point.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

KakerMix posted:

:confused:
How'd they get the cart in the first place though, saying someone uses it as a walker (hello my SO's grandmother) doesn't change the fact that the arrive at the store sans cart.

Yeah, that's the part I wasn't going to argue about. Just that assuming you see someone using something in a certain way shouldn't lead to assumptions about their abilities overall.
It started to sound like it could be a preamble to "well they don't look disabled, why do they get a special parking permit" kind of things.

Our local is usually great for carts going where they should, and the fella I usually see running around the lot appears to enjoy cart duty, so no fight nor dog in it here.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

That xmas piano took 10 minutes to finangle into a Nissan versa. It ended up buckled into a fully reclined passenger seat.
Could probably strap a TV down flat to the roof. Bring a tarp, or shop on a sunny day.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Hutla posted:

This is how I transported my full keyboard for years in my Civic, until I upgraded to a Honda Fit.

Upgrade to a lovely pickup and you can get free pianos.
Just have to move and tune em.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Mercury Hat posted:

Yeah Costco had some base layer this year that was an insultingly low percentage wool, sub 10% and it might've even been less than 5, I forget exactly.
Spandex with essence of lanolin.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

bunnyofdoom posted:

I mean, in my case I bought the house from someone who lives literally on the other side of the country, and didn't want to ship all the appliances and poo poo.
You would rather ship the house!? :pwn:

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

bunnyofdoom posted:

Let me rephrase this. I, and the physical house are in eastern Canada. The seller is in Vancouver.
That makes it tougher to be deliberately obtuse.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Alucard posted:

Just go into the warehouse, buy a bulk container of milk and share it with everyone else in the food court. Next time, someone else is obligated to cover you.
Group buy that gallon.
Standing on a flat cart in the middle of the food court, loudhailer in hand:
"Who wants some milk? Toss a quarter in the hat, and I'll run grab a jug."

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Wayne Knight posted:

It’s sold in packages of two gallons. Are you actually a member?
Am I?

I'll take a pic next time from the dairy cooler.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

silicone thrills posted:

I bought the wrong bag of coffee on my last costco trip so I wanted to make a super quick trip to return the coffee, get the right coffee and pick up some flour.

so obviously no cart, going through costco as fast as possible and my husband says "oh lets get some of that australian licorice" so we grab 2 bags of that. then we pass the bakery and "oh lets get some banana nut bread"

so by the time we get to self check out i have 20lbs of flour + 2 licorice, husband has the 3lbs of coffee + banana nut bread and the self check out guy is all "YOU KNOW WE HAVE CARTS" and im like "BUDDY THE CARTS MAKE EVERYTHING SLOWER I GOTTA GET OUTA HERE" and hes all "maybe we should offer skateboards, jeeze"

anyway, fastest trip ever, a++ plus i got some functional weight lifting in.
I thought, "oh no. They got distracted. They're gonna be stood in the middle of the frozen aisle, babysitting a mound of goods while their partner runs fir a cart." But, you pulled it together, and stayed on course!
Good job.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Don't get the authentic taste unless you're using a coal burner with hand cranked blower, smdh.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Wayne Knight posted:

It’s sold in packages of two gallons. Are you actually a member?

In BC, we get 4L (single gallon) jugs.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

TrashMammal posted:

i thought y’all’s milk was in bags? have i been fooled by a bunch of liars?

Grew up in Alberta, moved West after that. Never seen a bag of milk. I think it might be an Ontario thing.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

MarcusSA posted:

They are ok. I wouldn’t ever buy them but if someone does I’ll have some.

Oh, them's fightin words.
How dare you find them acceptable? Middle of the road coward!

pentyne posted:

Trader Joes probably has the best peanut butter filled pretzels.

Sprouts has a gluten free brand that is shockingly better then most but its $7 for a 12 oz bag.
Pretty jealous here. Seven bucks for a bag that big would be a good price up here.
GF pretzels are a special treat in my house.

The GF pizza we get at Costco is a pretty good base. Add some of your own toppings, and a little extra cheese: perfect.
Unfortunately any GF pizzas I've found are all thin crust style.
The fluffy, chewy goodness remains forbidden.

B33rChiller fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jan 26, 2024

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

One of the frustrating things as of late is all of the manufacturers adding additional sesame ingredients to their products rather than better manage their allergen programs. I work in the food industry (food scientist) and I get that allergen programs can be onerous but a lot of products have newly added surprise sesame, including a major local bakery in the PNW.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2023/08/30/1196640997/a-sesame-allergy-law-has-made-it-harder-to-avoid-the-seed-heres-why

Every drat frozen French fry offered at my local has wheat or a combo of wheat and barley on them.

How the hell do you not have plain fries? Simplest dang prepared food on the market, and they can't make it safe for celiacs.

Vvvv that looks better than the one I have. Throw's too short, can't load longer taters. Buddy in college had a hand held one , with handles on the sides of the cutter. Lop off the end of your spud, stand it up on the counter, and swiftly plunge the cutter down on it. Could cut fries of any length.

Frozen have the bonus of already being parboiled. Starting from scratch is a bunch more work to get good fries.

B33rChiller fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jan 28, 2024

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Smugworth posted:

The whole point is to have a warm moist creamy center with a crispy outside, freezing would help break down make ice crystals that break down the middle so I'll buy it

It's, as far as I understand, important for sashimi because of that too. (on top of making sure parasites are killed off).

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Nfcknblvbl posted:

The kirkland signature tortilla chips with some kirkland signature mexican style shredded cheese on top toasted for a couple of minutes makes a great nacho snack.

Take it up a notch, and chop some of that rotisserie chicken onto there. Or, if yer real trashy, a Kirkland signature Polish.

Mmm hotdog nacho style snacks

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

MarcusSA posted:

There’s absolutely no way that’s true

Yeah, I heard in my head that it's actually lost bone density, not muscle.

Get a tape worm going, and do something to leech the minerals out of your body (dead weight anyways), and enjoy the thinner, cooler looking you!

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Soul Dentist posted:

My good friend quit smoking on that medicine and said that it gave him suicidal ideation almost 24/7. But it was about other people killing themselves. He would just imagine other people jumping to their deaths or shooting themselves over and over again

I tried a couple different ones for quitting smoking, and they both gave me strange, and terrifying dreams that were more convincing than reality.

Sleeping with the patch on gives about a quarter to half the dream bending strength.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

pencilhands posted:

I love weird dreams and I deliberately eat cheese before going to sleep to obtain them. Should I look into nicorette or something?

Getting a serious nicotine dependency not from smoking, dipping, or vaping, but by trying to dream harder. LoL

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

bird with big dick posted:

can nicorette be taken as a suppository?

Tough to chew gum that way. Better go for the lozenges.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Zero VGS posted:

I guess you're off the hook, I'm gonna go get a hotdog.

By the way, Costco Cheese Pizza is loving fantastic cold, I never through to try it before but the stupid amount of cheese they use keeps it moist and chewy a day later if you just leave it out on the counter.

Animal.
Yer supposed to wrap it in cardboard, and slide it under the bed.
Then you can rewarm it like this

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

I'm a simple goon, I get the double packs of hummus, and a bag of tortilla chips, and I'm set.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

SamDabbers posted:

Still miss the onion crank.

Awwwwe, that's sweet. I miss you too, Sam.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Curtana posted:

If your pee looks like Mountain Dew, seek medical attention immediately.

There's a drink similar to mountain dew that's called mellow yellow for the flush it down rhyme, but your mellow yellow, from your bladder, shouldn't look like that ever.

Pee knower logging on.
The B complex vitamins I take give a noticeably vibrant hue on the way out

Spinz posted:

Vitamin B supplements make your pee neon yellow with a slight tinge of green even. Right away after consumption too.. .
Beaten to piss by a jeweler. :negative:

B33rChiller fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Feb 15, 2024

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Curtana posted:

So loving owned by two separate pee knowers today. How do I ever recover from this? gently caress.

Christ in piss.

it's ok. I brought you some flowers

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Zero VGS posted:

I've been to the UK and your restaurants can't even produce edible food so I'm not surprised if the baker in the back of Costco was lacking in some areas.

edit: can't bake there mate

When in the UK, eat the foods that have come from the former colonies. If you can't get a good curry there, you're doing a lot wrong.

Also, Yorkshire pudding, and haggis kick rear end. So you're not even really restricted to Indian cuisine.

B33rChiller fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Feb 25, 2024

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

I tried all the American food I could, and it's all the same burger fries shake bullshit. McDonald's burger King five guys the one ran by those idiots from boston/hollywood
All trash. How can that be a real country?

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Soul Dentist posted:

To every American mad about the burger post:

:thejoke:
:sludgepal:
Love a burg, myself.

And the most frustrating thing about American cuisine is the fact that we apparently cannot get grits in Canada.

Ffs, it comes from what is likely the most widely grown crop in our neighboring country, but none in the stores here.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

All the polenta I can find is already wet, and in a tube.

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

just eat a stick of butter and it's about hte same thing
Already there, but I want some corn porridge to go with it.

Soul Dentist posted:

No cornmeal?
Infuriatingly little to be found. Small bags of Bob's red mill occasionally stocked at my local grocery, and other stores never. I find it very strange.

B33rChiller fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Feb 26, 2024

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

w00tmonger posted:

What are you talking about lol. Check out the baking isle.

I buy it all the time in multi-kg bags for cornbread
I remember seeing it there in the past, but not for the past few years. Could be a quirk of the area I live in, and it seems incredibly strange to me.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Idiot Seth

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Big bag of blue diamond bold spicy dill pickle almonds. Thankfully they're hot and sour enough my mouth gets destroyed before eating too many. But they are very more-ish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Costco needs to lean on the BC gov and get a liquor license. Closest we get is the big double brew your own wine kits.

Hell, they should get a cannabis license too, with a sale quantity exemption. We're capped at an Oz / person max.