Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
My son is growing big and strong on Kirkland Signature ProCare with Dual HMO's, Non-GMO Infant Formula.

It Features:

2'-FL and LNnt HMO's For Immune Support & Digestive Health
DHA To Support Brain Development
Lutein To Support Eye Development
No Artificial Growth Hormones
Certified Kosher by the Orthodox Union--ⓊD and Certified Halal.

That is all

PBUC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Pennywise the Frown posted:

No it's Praise Be.... because John Oliver came out with his own religion at the time and so I started saying praise be all the time.

At least I'm pretty sure.

No one knows anymore. It's lost to time.

This is how we get our own Sunni/Shia split I'm pretty sure.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

AHH F/UGH posted:

People at your costco drive through the center? wtf

At mine everyone just waits in line and doesn't angle themselves into spots. We have 3 pumps in a row and they just wait until all three cars pull out.

That’s ridiculous. Why would you not drive through the center to the two empty pumps ahead. I think you’re making poo poo up.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

AHH F/UGH posted:

:emptyquote:

They rule because boomer fuckheads don't understand that not interacting with other humans is actually great

Problem is that’s not how Costco self checkouts actually work. They intentionally don’t have a hand scanner so can’t actually self check out if you’re buying any package bigger than a cubic foot and you have to wait for someone to come scan for you.

I stopped using them for a bit because of how stupid it is. I adjusted my mindset though and now I just treat them as normal lanes with shorter lines. I just immediately wave at and summon the hand scanner man as I pull in to my station.

I don’t think I’ve scanned a single thing myself in the self checkout in a year.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

It's generally not advised to fuel your car when there are thousands of tiny explosions going off at the same time.

Oh you must be confused. Cars these days have internal combustion engines now bro, there's no fire box to shovel coal into. It's perfectly safe.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

I never heard of Papa Murphy's' until I moved out to Seattle around 2007. Then I came back home after 2012 and a Papa Murphy's opened up here in my city in WI shortly after.

They're ok. I was taken aback upon hearing about it at first because why would I pay for a pizza from a place that doesn't cook it for me? But it could be convenient to get it during the day for later at night. I should try it out again. It's been like 15 years.

Pretty sure their whole business is based around the fact you can use food stamps there since it's not cooked food.

That said they have a Chicken bacon artichoke white pizza that's really good.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Oh yeah I forgot about that SNAP bullshit. So I'm guessing someone couldn't use that on a Costco chicken? :smith:

Probably not. I don't know the specifics, never got a chance. I wanted food stamps when I was in grad school but my dumb rear end went and got married before.

:mad:

numberoneposter posted:

they just opened a papa murphys right near me and i cant go by it without thinking about that super greasy guy lol
That's Papa Johns

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Gaius Marius posted:

Papa Murphy's business is not based on SNAP sales.

Yes it is

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Toxic Mental posted:

Lookit wut I got

Image isn’t loading. Is it a boner?

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

BigHead posted:

Those apple pear combination things are divine.

Edit: $1.50 hot dog and drink combo is also divine.

Are you talking about Asian Pears? They're actually just straight pears. They're just from the mysterious orient.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyrus_pyrifolia

But yeah they have a real pleasing texture.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

david_a posted:

Solestado Muffuletta Olive Salad - I noticed they weren’t carrying the “That Pickle Guy” brand for this anymore (that one has a crude drawing of a man wearing a barrel on a GeoCities-rear end label).
Turns out That Pickle Guy is a sexual predator. Never meet your heroes kids.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

david_a posted:

I’d believe it

He hosed that olive.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Mustached Demon posted:

Didn't you lose like 1 billion crab the past year or so?

Crab Dad bad dad

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Alan Smithee posted:

how long can a costco chicken stay good in room temp

in days

asking for a friend

.166666 according to the health inspector.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Poopelyse posted:

I've only had the chicken bake one time and i gotta say, it's a little disappointing. yes it's big but overall kind of meh. maybe adding the dog in there would help it...

Yeah it’s kind of bland. Chicken and cream. Maybe some black pepper would help.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Zero VGS posted:

Salmonella from raw eggs is kinda bullshit though, right? From what I can see commercially sold eggs are washed so that it won't be on the shells, and the contents are fine if it passes a sniff test?

From what I’ve heard the risk of Salmonella on the outside of the egg a fair bit higher than it being on the inside of the egg.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

I hate samples because it makes people absolutely lose their minds more than normal and bring their carts to a screeching half haphazardly just to get a bite of Aidells sausage or something.

Pausing samples early in the pandemic was one of the best silver linings.

I love Costco samples. After my gym coach touched my butthole he would take me for samples. It was our Wednesday tradition.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Mr.Acula posted:

he was also probably telling the truth

Mods have a long history of covering up and ignoring abuse.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Chinatown posted:

suck my dick bitch

MarcusSA posted:

That’s definitely not what the rules thread says.

Disciples of Costco rally and rebel again the mod menace. Bitch probably has a Sams club membership.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
Free Chinatown.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
wtf

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Alan Smithee posted:

egg situation seems to have stabilized

I don't like posting in here without Chinatown but yeah I was at Costco yesterday and they had two dozen cage free eggs for $5.99.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Johnny Truant posted:

Yeah I'm making a trip today and checked online, hoping it's just there and their website is wonky

Costco website is like entirely separate from the physical stores, it's contents have zero relation to what's actually stocked in the stores.

Nfcknblvbl posted:

That sucks about Yellowfin. I go deep sea fishing with my friends every year to catch some so my freezer's always full of it.

Is red snapper bad too?

You're an old man just enjoy your loving mercury.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

fischtick posted:

https://www.costco.com/kirkland-signature-extra-fancy-mixed-nuts%2C-2.5-lbs.product.100324317.html

Picked this up a few days ago and it’s nearly 2/3rds gone. All killer, no filler. My wife tossed some raisins and m&ms in with them and created a trail mix so extra fancy it made my monocle pop off my face.

Avoid if you can. Jesus didn’t mean for us to have all the good nuts, all at once.

lol that's a 7000 calorie jar. Hopefully Costco sells Rascal scooters.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Please do not close threads because you are on probation thank you

Shut up peckersniffer

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

What are the must haves at the business center these days? Last time I went it was sheet pans and other food prep items.

a whole frozen goat

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

EVG posted:

Guess I’m returning this bag of strawberries. I didn’t even know fruit could catch hepatitis.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/frozen-organic-strawberries-recalled-link-hepatitis-outbreak/story?id=97962769

fruit pickers poo poo in the fields

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

death cob for cutie posted:

finally broke into the Kirkland-branded oat milk I got. idk if it's just because it's different from what I normally get but this tastes... weird

you can't milk an oat OP, you got scammed

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

binge crotching posted:

It's 90% warm caesar dressing, some bread, and then a tiny amount of chicken, cheese, and green onions. You're not missing anything.

Yeah it's way understuffed(unlike your mom), it's got like 25% of the filling it needs, it's basically soaked bread

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Smugworth posted:

Hot take: I'm a born and bred Texan and you're full of poo poo, try moving somewhere where you can't throw a rock and hit good brisket, brisket rules compared to pulled pork, smoked jalapeno cheddar sausage, or ribs. What else are you even ordering if it isnt brisket, the smoked turkey? A chicken half? C'mon

That said smoking a brisket does come with a lot of extra steps but it's not impossible to make a passable one for your first time, and the kinda person that smokes with hamster pellets is probably going to drown it in Sweet Baby Ray's (Costco does have the two ginormous bottle pack) anyway

Man that smoked Turkey is always way better than you remember it every time though.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
Only limp dick losers stay perma banned

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Chinatown posted:

wish Costco sold these

Do they even still make those? I haven’t seen them in years.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Sloppy posted:

Tangent, but I picked up one of these mini air compressors that runs off the battery last year and absolutely love it. I have an extremely slow-leaking tire and it's so nice to just top it off every few months rather than go chase free air (or worse, get caught somewhere and have to shell out for the robbery of the paid ones).

You probably have a nail nice and snug in it. I played the top off the tire with a nail in it once a week or two game for a while but I think eventually it just vibrated the hole a little bigger and it became every couple days. Finally went and got discount tire to pull and patch it for free.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Toxic Mental posted:

On one hand, gtfo of the parking space, you can eat that hot dog at home. On the other hand, who could resist eating a delicious Costco hot dog the moment it comes into your hands.

Park in the back you fat bastard.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

The Saucer Hovers posted:

TAKE IT TO THE FEEDBACK THREAD he said with all of the authority of a tiny baby idiot

I took his mom to the feedback thread

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

FPzero posted:

I had the chicken bake again for the first time in years a little while ago and it was not as good as I remembered it being when I was a kid, but it was still perfectly fine. Huge though, way bigger than I remembered.

Yeah but it’s also like half filled and bland.

More filling and a poo poo ton of black pepper might rescue it.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Mr.Acula posted:

im going to show my roomba my rear end in a top hat and balls

Don’t do that

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
Put it in ur butt

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
A fine butt sear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Renegret posted:

The real reason is because most of us are exhausted parents who sometimes need to find the tiniest joy in life and I'm not dirtying all those dishes so I can have a quick shot of dopamine straight into my mouth

im gonna give u a shot of dopamine in ur mouth