Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
A reminder that you, too, can spend only $40-50 per Costco trip if you go 2-3 times a week!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

kntfkr posted:

dude shut the gently caress up about kimchi!!!

dang!!!

why can't the goose fucker get along with the kimchi hipster in the costco thread

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Gatts posted:

I what’s the 505 Club?

you'll get your card when you order your 505th hot dog my dude

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
The pro move is to get the Costco trunk organizer when you sign up for the credit card and then you just bring your cart of loose poo poo back and put it all in the organizer!!

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

bagmonkey posted:

Also, finished the 1000 piece puzzle I started Monday. Took like 6? hours I think, yeeeeah

Costco puzzle is a good puzzle, would recommend those Dowdle puzzle 100%

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Went to Costco last night, bought what appears to be not-lovely wet cat food. I will report back as I test them on my cats.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

it's made in a HUMAN GRADE FOOD FACILITY so don't try to shame me, ALAN

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

El Jebus posted:

I'd be interested to hear about how this goes. We had a really picky cat and now we just have a slightly picky cat, but we are looking at kittens and I'd love to get them on better food right off the bat and not let them know there is garbage food out there.

I raised my tiny goblins on garbage food and sometimes they turn their nose up at good food. I will let you know the results, it's seafood so I'm expecting good results

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Jingleheimer posted:

For all you SE Michigan goons, a business center is opening in Southfield next year.

what no way!!!

I still think they need a Detroit Costco, that place would be wild

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

dxt posted:

If you like German beer they're great. A lot of the beers are pretty similar (lots of helles usually), but they're mostly really tasty.

I got one from a friend two years ago, I'd agree here. It's worth doing once, especially if you like German style beers, but not something I want to do again honestly

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Head Bee Guy posted:

the 32 degree base layer is about what i expected for the price. I wouldn’t want to rely on the 32degree bases if i was on the trail or exposed to properly sub-freezing temps. Better than nothing, but merino base layers are truly exceptional. The problem is that smartwool is not priced competitively with costco; it’s like $150 for a set of the midrange.

I look at it as a base layer for general wearing during winter. Helps keep me warmer but lol I would absolutely not wear those things on the trail

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
$260 on a Friday evening, barely any line at the actual checkouts, huge line at the self checkout... life's good

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

ShowTime posted:

Do the cashiers not ring you up at the self-checkout? And yes, I realize how that sounds. But at my local, they have 4 cashiers running the 6 stands and will ring up your stuff while you pay. Why, I don't know. But i've never had to use the self-checkout myself. They just scan everything in my cart while I pay and by the time I'm done paying, so are they. I figured this was the intent behind the system (partly). To speed up everything while keeping a couple checkouts open for the 1-2 people just purchasing 1-2 items.

Out of the local 3 Costco's I've been to semi-recently, two have one person at the self check and you scan all your own poo poo, the one has like 2-3 people scanning. I may bother with the self checkout if I just need a single thing but like seriously how often is that

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I bought a bunch of clothes off of COSTCO DOT COM, including matching shackets for me and my dad. This is a new past time I've established, since we're roughly the same size and have similar tastes in shackets.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

skipdogg posted:

Counted one of our bags today. 153 pieces. Not a bad mix either.

COSTCO HACK!!!!!!!!!!!!! They sell these bags of candy year round, so you can buy as many as you want and return the unopened ones. Owns bones for me as we get a ton of kids

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

nom epique posted:

Thinking to hit this place up Saturday. Anything a must cop?

OPs of the Costco thread, please help our boy nom epique make the most epic first Costco trip a reality pls

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Does anyone else abuse the poo poo out of the buy 5 clothing items get $25 off deal Costco has? I just ordered a bunch of poo poo I kinda want to try and keep whatever works and return the rest. Fuckin love Costco!!!

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Paul MaudDib posted:

yeah it's great if you can stack it with sales too.

I'm the prematurely costco'ified middle-age guy at this point and I'm a wfh software dev so nobody cares. costco jeans are fantastic value, I loved the sherpa waffleknits from last year too (I actually got three colors) over a t-shirt (or a collar shirt if you're fancy). The puma fleece joggers that are on sale are good warm sweatpants, etc. If you like a carhartt sorta jacket the GH bass they have right now is nice. As someone with big feet and sensory issues in my feet from normal socks, the kirkland merino wool hiking socks are the most comfortable I've ever worn, previously I wore Thorlos and they didn't wear nearly as hard. I have two 6-packs left of the ones I like from a couple years ago at least, they're still merino blend (just checked) but maybe the newer ones are different and maybe they changed the merino wool %.

And if you buy 10 items it's $60 off, on already-sale items.

I would assume that if you cross the "X items per transaction" threshold you'd lose the promo money from your refund though, so, if you think you might wanna return a couple maybe get a few extra. I guess that's the sales gimmick.

Actually I believe the returns are pro-rated, where you receive the money back for the item minus $5 (if you bought 5/save $25), if I'm remembering right. Which is perfect for me because then I get the discount on the items I want and return the rest!

Also, big same on wardrobe from Costco. Like 1/3rd of my wardrobe is from there now, as I was WFH for 2 1/2 years and now only in office twice a week and Costco have cheap, comfortable clothing that doesn't fall apart and seems to fit me pretty well for the most part. The Buffalo jeans are on sale right now and like $13? $15? if you buy in bulk, they have been pretty nice for cheap office jeans, they seem to be getting more Eddie Bauer stuff too which I love and I just picked up some Sketchers slip ons for $25 before discount off the website, which I love as house shoes so far

So if you missed out in store, pop online and pick up a few and get that sweet rear end discount folks. Costco's website is mediocre as hell but there's some pretty solid deals on there

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Tokelau All Star posted:

I went with the Lacroix this time because it was the cheapest, and good lord this cherry blossom flavor is horrible. It's like drinking wood and plastic.

the cherry blossom is loving TERRIBLE, the absolute worst seltzer I've ever fuckin tried. I love seltzer and think that haters gonna hate, but that cherry blossom flavor makes me reconsider

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I like LaCroix but I also like garbage, so sue me

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Spindrift also owns, same w/ Waterloo. The San Pellegrino seltzers are okay. Grapefruit is the best seltzer flavor also :colbert:

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

nom epique posted:

Anything worth copping?

OP what are you lookin for? Food? Beverage? Home Goods? Linens? Electronics?

imo you should cop one of the Pendleton sherpa throws in whichever size is appropriate for you, they are very dope and snuggly

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Just placed two orders for clothes from COSTCO.COM, the promotion is now $25 off $100 or $60 off $200, which is most likely to combat the fact that I was abusing the poo poo out of the buy 5 save $25 deal

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Anyone else get a hot dog and drink with free refill when they first enter Costco and then do their shopping and then get a slice on the way out? Thinkin this might be The Way

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Whooping Crabs posted:

Always get food on the way out or eat in the food court if I am hungry when I get in. Carts are filthy, don't want to be touching that if I am eating.

I carry a thing of hand sani in my pocket specifically because of this

Where's nom epique? The Monster cases were on clearance for $25 at my local Church. Roughly $1/can for your dopamine drinks!!!

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Toxic Mental posted:

Can I get a pack without Peachy Keen? aka Grandma's Potpourri Water (Chinatown get owned!!!)

Peachy Keen was really good at first but I'm gonna put it as mid/upper tier monster, definitely not the best

The best are the rehab teas

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Also, went in to buy cat food and some ramen (tonkotsu ftw) and spent over $100, whoops

I also picked up some Monster Enerrgy Drinks (obviously) and a HOLIDAY PACK of Zevia (ginger ale / cran ras / cream soda) also some socks and some yakisoba noodles

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Tokelau All Star posted:

I've been going with this embarrassing MusclePharm Combat Energy garbage that tastes pretty bad, but it's the cheapest, it has 300 mg caffeine per can, and I don't have the will to make coffee with all the poo poo I have to do in the morning before I even go to work.

Monster works well for me cuz I'm drinking caffeine with my amphetamines but I will make sure to not pick up MusclePharm Combat. It legit sounds like something I'd pick up just to try

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

redreader posted:

What's the best kind of apples currently available in the US at costco? I think someone might have mentioned... fuji??? Recently.

edit: also, are there any meatballs that are not the chicken and pineapple ones (we have some, they're great) and ALSO that are not spicy? My kids don't want spicy food and the meatballs we got before were a no-go.

OP right now, Fuji and other types should still be somewhat fresh off the fall harvest, but when it's not apple harvest time, you want to go w/ the fancy types of apples like Envy or whatever is copyrighted, those will be the best apples you can get

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I'm going to Costco tonight, what should I buy?????

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

pentyne posted:

eat less salt

drink more water noob

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Pissing a lot everywhere is key though

You can get lots of different hydration focused products at your local Costco!

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I spent like $145 last night and I got a bunch of beverages (including the $25 case of Monster, its so cheap I figure why not stock up) and some socks and one of those stupidly huge bags of cheddar/caramel popcorn and some multivitamins and other poo poo, I went right around closing time and it was very peaceful

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Laterite posted:

IME lately there's not really a "good time" to go to Costco anymore, it's kind of wild.

Costco is open til 8:30 right now and every time I've went at like 7:30, it's not very crowded by the time I check out

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I went at like 7:30pm last night and it wasn't bad at all. Got a bit of Christmas shopping done too!!!!

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Gravitee posted:

Fortune Cod™

I'd give cod a shot if that was the case

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Costco Crab With Big Dick

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

AmbientParadox posted:

re: Omeprezole, I was concerned myself because I've been taking it daily for over a year now. I contacted my doctor about my concerns and they told me, "I mean.. I've been taking it daily for over 3 years and haven't had any problem. But if you're concerned we can schedule some tests to figure out what's going on." So I've gone and scheduled some lab tests for whenever. I've tried others. Tums loving sucks and is only good for it's portability. If you're experiencing heart burn in the evening, but are apprehensive towards Omeprezole, have some Mylanta on hand. I found that works the best and lasts quite a while.

The big concern with taking omeprezole or any other acid reducer daily is that a) most of the time people use it to mask another problem (you're getting it checked out so good on you) but also b) because there's less acid being produced in your stomach, food doesn't break down as quickly and your body doesn't always absorb all of the nutrients of the food you're eating. That's mostly an issue in long term use, but using it for a year while you figure out what's going on isn't a big deal. Hope this helps goon

Also in other news I learned the life hack of pre-counting your cans and bottles and just going straight to the desk with it. People at my local church are so loving bad at using can return machines

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Enos Cabell posted:

I'm kinda confused by this, what cans and bottles are you returning? Can return machines?

I get 10 cents for every one of those fuckers I bring back!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Enos Cabell posted:

Jesus, I'm jealous now. We pay $10/mo extra with our garbage service for recycling pickup. There are a few local dairies that sell milk in glass bottles, and those you can return for a deposit, but that's about it.

We pay the 10cent deposit upfront, so like a $10 30 pack is actually $13. Totally okay with it because I will tell ya, a majority of cans and bottles get returned