Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Abyss posted:

Our chicken bakes are now $3.99.

On the other hand, ours now has soda sans hotdog advertised at 69 cents for 420 calories :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Yeah; it's magnificent and belongs on a bumper sticker all the same.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

I haven't seen frozen chicken thighs or frozen Kirkland cheese pizza in a while :smith: Surely not discontinued?

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Wayne Knight posted:

Has anyone done the costco auto program lately? It seems like it's just for inventory cars, but there aren't many of those these days. If I want a specific configuration, can I order it through the costco program?

Just before COVID hit, I went through using a Costco auto discount with a friend and they pretty much knocked a flat $3,000 off a new car that met the spec we were looking for.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Super Waffle posted:

The atisanal bread rolls are fantastic, btw. They're small, square, and like a half-ciabatta/half-sourdough taste. Amazing for sandwiches and paninnis.

I love these things and they are super great when fresh and warm. It's an easy combo with the rotisserie chicken, too.

They do need to be frozen because they'll only last on the counter ~3 days otherwise.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

There are multipacks of Waterloo seasonal flavors at the local parish, and I usually don't like that stuff but the apple cinnamon flavor is like fizzy apple tea.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Chinatown posted:

the ??? is my favorite part of going to costco

This and the rotisserie chicken.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Whooping Crabs posted:

Spindrift is awful, their grapefruit seltzer tastes like bile.

Spindrift actually tastes like what it says on the can -- that's why people like it. You picked the lovely fruit, it tasted like lovely fruit, instead of some artist's impression of what flavor might be if they didn't catch COVID and lose all their senses.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

That's a nice deal

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Church was out of apple pies. Now there's a dilemma. Do they get more throughout the day?

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

bucksmash posted:

picked up way too much Tikka masala haha I kid there's no such thing as too much Indian food

It freezes just fine, too

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

SirPablo posted:

Stanning for gas station food.

Is it too heretical?

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Has anyone bought a car through Costco? I really need to get a car and have little time and not a lot of money, and at a glance it looks like they could be a helpful resource. Anyone have experience using them?

I've seen it a couple times. First time they were running a good promo, and it was $3,000 off a car on the lot. Second time, it was only $500 off but for a car that hadn't even shipped from the factory.

It was treated as a reduction in the purchase price of the car instead of cash (some incentives do that instead). This can have small ramifications.

Both times it was also subject to further negotiation if you want to stack other discounts etc.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Tiny Timbs posted:

boxes that never quite seem to make sense for anything besides exactly the thing they were meant to hold

Incidentally they're decent for trunk organization, since we're talking about cars and Costco

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

Cheese pizza is the platonic ideal of pizza. :colbert:

There isn't a Kirkland signature frozen pizza anymore is there?

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Johnny Truant posted:

sure there is

I haven't seen it in forever

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

That could be on the brands them selves. Hasn’t there been issues with some brands not wanting to be carried at Costco?

Sometimes it's an issue where the company insists their products must be sold for $100 or something, and then Costco turns around to sell it for $25 which breaks the illusion.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Propaganda Hour posted:

If Costco is so good then where's Costco 2???

$1.50 gets you a free refill after you're finished with the first

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Renegret posted:

I tried those ling ling chicken & vegetable pot stickers, had a moment of anger when they got stuck to my pan. Then I remember the name of what I was cooking.

The beef bulgogi dumplings are way better and you can just air fry them for like twelve minutes

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

dphi posted:

To clarify a bit, as I learned this the hard way, you can freeze mason jars with straight sides but not ones with the curved "shoulders" at the top.

I freeze any leftover soups in pyrex, which works just fine

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Local church has 4-lb garlic chicken meal frozen packages (w/pasta & veggies) for $7

Gotta make room in the freezer for more

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

bird with big dick posted:

I’m not allowed to buy any more cars. Or LEGO. Or knives.

There are some really good Lego cars, to my understanding

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

My local stopped carrying that pizza, and never seems to have chicken thighs in stock anymore. It sucks.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Standing freezer rocks because you can pile things on top of it and it still works

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Corn Glizzy posted:

I got a Roomba 694 as my holiday party white elephant gift this last year and while I love it, the thing is dumb as gently caress. I feel like I’m constantly rescuing it from “cliffs” or even just because it over corrects when it bumps something and never finds the path down the center. J series worth the investment?

The J7+ empties itself and will send you photos of random things it found and avoided so you can sanity-check its obstacle avoidance. You can have it go vacuum before you wake up every day since it's got a light although it'll do better at recognizing things when it's bright.

It'll literally avoid poo poo if you've got a dog and are concerned about that, too, and avoids eating wires etc

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Tiny Timbs posted:

The J7 does a great job, and it’ll clean a lot faster because of the cameras and mapping, too. I don’t know why Roomba can’t make charging contacts that don’t need to be cleaned so damned often, though.

It's a little better than the i-series but still annoying. The little spinny brush actively smears floor debris across the contact which can then get on the dock.

If they gold plated the things and didn't have the brush touch it you'd be fine, but all the docks are backwards/forwards compatible so maybe they don't want to change design spacing.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

buddychrist10 posted:

Brought a Costco apple pie to work for thanksgiving. Someone else had a similar idea with a sams club apple pie. Consensus for those that tried both was that the Costco pie was superior. Delicious tart apples with extra sugar baked in the upper crust to balance it. Excellent purchase.

I chop the pie up and freeze slices to keep them ready to go anytime I want some pie. They're real good.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Scoop the stew on top of the rice

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Fatrick posted:

Rice is good. Great even.

Noodles are better.

What if rice, but noodles?

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Sweet potato noodles are also a thing, and they're delicious

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

At my local parish the water sign up people just give you cups of cold water with no pressure. Most of the vendors are playing on their phone. It's pretty good. The solar people are always the worst but still ignorable.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Local Costco has a lot of people wearing masks today, nobody causing a scene about it. Employees and customers both masked up.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

ohnobugs posted:

Olives and whatever bakery stuff looks good. And socks.

The really good rolls that are always fresh and warm, but go bad within two days

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Go on, I'm taking notes, that sounds like a good way to prepare for dessert

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Got the cookie, coupled with ice cream. Fantastic combo.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

I don't normally gently caress with the refrigerated pre-prepared stuff (not the costco made stuff, the things like Kevin's bbq chicken) but if I was going to give something a shot what's good tyia pbuc

The Indian food is good, the Irish stew is good, there's also good lemon grass chicken

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Zero VGS posted:

The choice between the glourious Signature of Kirkland, or "Go ahead and drop trou and spray liquid diarrhea on the walls, we don't mind it's Wally World lol"

edit: Six Costcos in MA and no Sam's Club, their kind isn't welcome here

There are BJs aplenty instead, mixed in between each church