Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Hollismason posted:

There's also a whole nother lawsuit waiting in the wings for Alex Jones as well.

and IIRC/AFAIK, being found guilty in a civil case does count as evidence towards guilt in a separate civil case

:getin: My Price is Right number is 130m at first award

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

sure okay posted:

BBQ isn't some secret alchemical formula it just takes patience, some specialty equipment, and high quality ingredients.

:haibrower: The South doesn't have a monopoly on BBQ :colbert:

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
hello thread, long time lurker first time poster:

Alex Jones is going totally loving insane on the stand tomorrow. The ability opportunity to give a full rant to a captive audience, both in the court room and watching the stream, will simply be too good to miss.

Put another way - whats going to happen to him, personally, if he goes up there and starts raving about globalist cuck body clones? Judge declares a mistrial? mayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyybe he sees a contempt charge? All of it works for him. Every day he doesn't have to pay, by hook or by crook, is a victory for AJ. He has every reason and nothing stopping him (like a competent lawyer :v:) from frothing at the mouth on the stand. His idiot followers will jerk themselves to death to see a rant of his entered as legal deposition.

Its just so loving stupid I don't see how he wouldn't do it

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Devor posted:

If for some reason Discovery is so bad for you that it's better to refuse to participate and get defaulted, I could see it

Edit: Usually you would be settling, but these are weird circumstances

:haibrower: Its this. For whatever reason AJ is completely terrified of discovery. Normally a corporation would settle, but a - don't know if the Sandy Hook parents are inclined to settle at any price and b - settling damages the overall AJ gay-frog narrative. Plus AJ is obviously deranged-greedy, so paying out anymoney is anathema to him.

Instead he's going to hire the cheapest lawyers possible who will play along with his utterly dumb bullshit, and probably go full conspiracy theory in his testimony today, and keep trying to run out the clock on legal theatrics while framing all of this to his followers as evidence of the globalist conspiracy in general and against him specifically.

and quite frankly, it would have worked if AJ weren't quite so stupid & cheap.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
https://www.texmed.org/TexasMedicineDetail.aspx?id=58464

Interestingly, it appears the SH parents have an extremely valid constitutional claim. Specifically, a jury under their 7th amendment rights has awarded them 45 million dollars. Abbott's stupid bullshit shouldnt really stand

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
AJ reminds me of every relatively successful small business owner I've ever known. The rage meltdowns, hiring dumb people to do a bad job purposefully, the blatantly transparent money manipulation, and of course the unchecked narcissism. His religious bits remind me of it a lot actually - the business owners / AJ all had surprising success in a market they didn't understand, so they totemically repeated the same actions over and over, even if success was obviously not repeatable. AJ probably had one specific religious freeform bit where he got a lot of positive feedback some dipshit wrote him a giant check, and so he goes to it like a weekly chore list, making sure to talk about demons and aliens, hoping to catch that same fish twice.

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I suspect having a rage meltdown in front of a jury always works in your favor.

Imagine this is how he behaves in public where any reasonable person would understand that their financial well-being is on the line so being on your best behavior is in your best interest. And then having a melty anyway. It must get pretty bad in private.

Assuming he's like all the other narcissistic small business owners I've known, it probably drove him loving INSANE that he couldn't do (or say) whatever the gently caress he wanted. I doubt he sees this as a meltdown, and I'd be willing to bet that he thinks his statement was truthful, honest, and contrite.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Alex Jones is going to be just fine because he retains the ability to bring money in. Free Speech Systems will be replaced by some LLC in his dad's name that pays him minimum wage but gives him a company credit card and executive housing.

Rent a new studio, change the donation URL and everything going forward (besides his paper minimum wage) is safe from storm.

Sooooo i'm not 100% sure that's the case.

- normally yeah - AJ could just put all of the poo poo in his dad's name and never actually touch the money, but with how visible AJ has been, it would be pretty easy for the court to see that as evading payment
- if AJ trademarked any of his poo poo, or his likeness, those trademarks would reside with Free Speech Systems. Thus if he launched Free Speech 2: Electric Boogaloo and went straight back into his old poo poo, he'd certainly be liable to lawsuit to his old company
- finally if he got caught doing any of this poo poo, there would be criminal penalties.

All of this could've been avoided if AJ had hired decent lawyers.

Vampire Panties fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Oct 13, 2022

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

Some people are just pathologically never winning. They'll always find some way to be the loser.

:haibrow:

AJ is actually hosed. Like hosed on a next level, hosed beyond any :airquote: Celebrity :airquote: has been before.

As MrMojok has pointed out upthread, AJ has literally two options - flee the country, or keep loving around and end up in jail. Going to jail for this sort of thing is extremely procedural, and even the best lawyers in the world couldn't relitigate their way out of the mess he is in.

AJ is hosed :kheldragar:

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
Normally he could do all sorts of poo poo with the Free Speech System assets - sell them for a dollar to a shell corporation in the cayman islands, for example. However

AJ doesn't run Free Speech Systems anymore. He hosed around so much that the court appointed an executor (not sure on the term?) to run Free Speech Systems through the bankruptcy proceedings. AJ is basically locked out of his business, and very specifically locked out from doing anything like this.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

BigRed0427 posted:

So I have been thinking. Who does replace Alex in this space in terms of relevance? Has Tucker Carlson figured out how to make the Alex Jones formula work for a more mainstream audience or is is it going to be guys like Steven Crowder?

IMO It seems likely that there won't be a clear successor until the dust settles, and thats a long ways away. Also the clear successor will probably look very different than AJ - way more corporate, way angrier but more commercial.

Steven Crowder will absorb a lot of them at the beginning. He's certainly not above pandering to the conspiracy-theorist set, and he's an outed racist, and he'll see this as a way to get back at Sean Hannity for loving him over years ago.

can he hold them? :shrug: Crowder is a living poo poo-golem, but he's not the right kind of crazy to keep up the hate/grift like AJ can.

Tucker's 'just asking questions' schtick won't work well enough to entice the conspiracy theorist. That's AJ's specific toxic appeal - its not enough that the crisis actors are out there, but AJ wants to find them and murder them.

I'd assume the audience between Jorp and AJ is already 1-1, but I don't think Jorp is able to churn out enough content to keep the real rageaholics satisfied.

Wee Benny Shaps is out - pipsqueak voice and he's Jewish. AJs listener base has been huffing Elder Zion protocols since they were huffing leaded gasoline.

Charlie Kirk is too uncharismatic and unimaginative to get the larger Infowars base engaged.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Outpost22 posted:

What's to stop Putin from plucking out a new insane conspiracy theorist and plastering them all over the metaverse?

I mean, dude's already playing every bet on the table. Tucker Carlson, Sean Hannity, Jorp, Wee Benny Shaps, Wheels Cawthorn, Charlie "the Face" Kirk- all of them have been linked to Russian money, convincingly or explicitly in quite a few cases. Even if all of these heads were cut off, Poots would still fund whichever hydra-talking-head rose up

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/dec/16/alex-jones-55m-sandy-hook-families-billion-dollar-judgment

quote:

According to the 30-page plan submitted on Friday, Jones offered to pay a lump sum of at least $5.5m a year, to be shared among the plaintiffs. The payment would also be accompanied by a percentage of his personal annual revenue, and a slice of Infowars revenue. His debt would be considered satisfied after 10 years... In November, the families’ lawyers proposed a settlement of at least $8.5m annually for 10 years.

its probably smart on the parents to take the structured payment because they'll actually see it, but is it really going to be that cheap for AJ to buy his way out of this? :dafuq:

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

The Bible posted:

There's nothing someone like Musk can't buy (except obvious poo poo like a dinosaur, I guess)

I would genuinely respect Elon Musk if he was trying to build an actual Jurassic Park

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
IIRC the documentary Tiger King sorta danced around the subject, but Joe Exotic ran his "operation" by keeping everyone really addicted to meth.

Infowars would make more sense if they were all tweakers